• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I'm glad that this thread is finally back open. Don't give up hope, fellas. All of this exposure has been fantastic for Rayman.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sorry that I got this thread taken down. I didn't know double posting could cause an entire thread to be taken down. I hope you guys can forgive me.

Please. I didn't mean it. Next time, though, I'll watch how many posts I make. Guess I got a little TOO eager about Rayman.
Do you guys accept my apology?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sorry that I got this thread taken down. I didn't know double posting could cause an entire thread to be taken down. I hope you guys can forgive me.

Please. I didn't mean it. Next time, though, I'll watch how many posts I make. Guess I got a little TOO eager about Rayman.
Do you guys accept my apology?
Don't worry 'bout it, brah.
I don't see how a few double posts can cause an entire thread to be closed.

But yeah, click the edit button if you want to add more things to your posts without having to double post.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, as night has set here in Indiana, I'll just express a statement before I hit the hay.

It feels nice that there is a community that embraces what I believe in. Whenever I tell someone that I want Rayman in Smash, I either get a snort or them telling me it's impossible. It's just depressing that everyone that I talk to doesn't want him.

You guys..... I feel like there's going to be a bond that we all share. It's true, we may just be people typing away on a computer on a forum located within Smashboards. But, this is really a place where everyone is respectful and always have their heads up high, no matter how much the odds are stacked against us. It's special kind of feeling that I can't describe.

You know, as much as I would love to be on this thread 24/7, I have classes to take for 7 hours, so don't think I don't want to post my thoughts. Quite the contrary, actually.

Together, we'll face the ups and downs that occur. We'll never lose hope for Rayman, even if we have to do so for Smash 5.

After all, this is the Rayman Support thread. And I think all of you know what our job is:

We'll fight for our limbless hero, each day as it comes, until the day he is announced.
That's what we should do.
Never. Stop. Fighting.
Good night, everyone.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm glad that this thread is finally back open. Don't give up hope, fellas. All of this exposure has been fantastic for Rayman.
Indeed. As I've said multiple times in the past, the interest and attention that fake leak has obtained in such short time cannot be denied nor ignored by Nintendo or Ubisoft. Which is basically what could finally give the greenlight for his playable appearance. Whether that's these games or the next, I don't know.

In any case, I'm taking a break from speculation. I said I wouldn't go back to it, but Rayman is the only exception. However, because we're back at square one- despite how strong the possibility has grown after the fake leak- it's not worth trying to debate on.

Once we get some more news- be it a very positive leak or even a confirmation- I'll come back.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Indeed. As I've said multiple times in the past, the interest and attention that fake leak has obtained in such short time cannot be denied nor ignored by Nintendo or Ubisoft. Which is basically what could finally give the greenlight for his playable appearance. Whether that's these games or the next, I don't know.

In any case, I'm taking a break from speculation. I said I wouldn't go back to it, but Rayman is the only exception. However, because we're back at square one- despite how strong the possibility has grown after the fake leak- it's not worth trying to debate on.

Once we get some more news- be it a very positive leak or even a confirmation- I'll come back.
You may be back at square one, but you are back at square one with more supporters and more attention for your cause.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I know this isn't Rayman himself, but I wanted to show something I did related to his series.

LyPreview.png

Ly from Rayman 2. Hope you like it...

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
For All Rayman alt Color , i'm not the only One who was thinking about the power-up from Rayman 3 ?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
For All Rayman alt Color , i'm not the only One who was thinking about the power-up from Rayman 3 ?
Nope, you're not. Loved that blue outfit! But they should also include some variations from Rayman Legends (or Origins), like Raybox, Dark Rayman (or something), Caveman Rayman... etc!

Rayman - Vortex - Heavy Metal Fist - Lockjaw - Shock Rocket - Throttle Copter - Raymesis - Dark Rayman
look at OP guys.
ideas are literally right in front of you :smash:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Honestly, I can't imagine a better render of Rayman than the one that ArtsyOmni created. Heck, I don't think the Smash team can make a better render than his.

If the Smash team were to make him playable, however, I would want his pose from Rayman 2. Namely, this:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honestly, I can't imagine a better render of Rayman than the one that ArtsyOmni created. Heck, I don't think the Smash team can make a better render than his.

If the Smash team were to make him playable, however, I would want his pose from Rayman 2. Namely, this:
It was amazing what ArtsyOmni could do, looking at his Rayman art still makes my jaw drop

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm sure they could, using a actual 3D model of Rayman obviously, but at least we still have a decent image of RO/L Rayman. Still want Rayman 3 design...
As unlikely as that could be, I could see it being like Pac-Man where they used his older design instead of the Ghastly Adventures design.
Likewise, instead of the Smash team using Rayman's most recent render from Origins/Legends, they would use his design from Rayman 3.
If there's one thing that I'm happy about, though, it's that they didn't use the Sonic Boom model to represent Sonic.
I think we dodged a bullet with those two.:4pacman::4sonic:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
As unlikely as that could be, I could see it being like Pac-Man where they used his older design instead of the Ghastly Adventures design.
Likewise, instead of the Smash team using Rayman's most recent render from Origins/Legends, they would use his design from Rayman 3.
If tthere's one thing that I'm happy about, though, it's that they didn't use the Sonic Boom model to represent Sonic.
I think we dodged a bullet with those two.:4pacman::4sonic:
Well, Boom wasn't out yet by the time Sonic was in, so it's mostly Pacman when it comes to that. But still, if we were to get Rayman 3 design;

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, Boom wasn't out yet by the time Sonic was in, so it's mostly Pacman when it comes to that. But still, if we were to get Rayman 3 design;

True.
But you could also say something about them using Mega Man's NES design instead of his more recent Mega Man X and Battle Network designs.
It's not that I'm against those designs. It's just I feel that his NES design was the best design choice for him, as it meant he could blend into the Smash universe more easily.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
True.
But you could also say something about them using Mega Man's NES design instead of his most Mega Man X and Battle Network designs.
It's not that I'm against those designs. It's just I feel that his NES design was the best design choice for him, as it meant he could blend into the Smash universe more easily.
Your right, no problem with that. Honestly, it just depends which is the most recognizable and the most convenient to use. World Pacman, 8-Bit Megaman (Classic Megaman) and Modern Sonic are the most remember-able that most would remember, both old and new. Rayman 3, although most might just remember him with the new look thanks to the Rabbid hiatus, Rayman 3 design is honestly more streamline in terms of presentation. It improved things that the R1 and R2 designs had some issues with (dat hair and bulging eyes) and added some things to give it a sense of style/modernizing without doing too much (fixed up his shoes and change the handkerchief to a hoodie). It's just me though, most don't like the R3 design...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sorry if double post.

I still can't see the difference between 3 and modern other than 2d and the like, lighting change caused by animation :upsidedown:
[collapse="Rayman 3 design"]
[/collapse] [collapse="Rayman Origins/Legends design"]
[/collapse]

Just some notable differences, like the shoes going back to classic design, and his design (as for the general style) became a bit more "animated", more cartoonish from the likes of the classic Trilogy, mostly in the expressions. And I should mention that the hair isn't as stiff as the Trilogy games, although I think R3 did a decent job fixing that. (Dat classic design thou....)

[collapse="Example"]
[/collapse]

Something the classic games didn't do to that extreme, with only Rayman 3 trying to go a bit over the top with expression at times. R2 I can chalk up to limitations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom