• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And Ubi gets paid for allowing them to advertise Rayman, that's what I meant
Not necessarily. That's entirely at Ubisoft's discretion.

Even with Playstation All-Stars, some characters were licensed for free or for very little. Then you have Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, who aren't in the game because Activision demanded an absurd amount of money to let Superbot use them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not necessarily. That's entirely at Ubisoft's discretion.

Even with Playstation All-Stars, some characters were licensed for free or for very little. Then you have Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, who aren't in the game because Activision demanded an absurd amount of money to let Superbot use them.
Wait they tried getting those two? PSASBR I HAVE MISJUDGED YOUUUUU

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait they tried getting those two? PSASBR I HAVE MISJUDGED YOUUUUU
Even when Santa Monica were asked about including them as DLC, they replied with "100% not possible". It wasn't because they didn't want them in the game, it was because Activision weren't willing to let the developers use the characters without paying an unreasonable amount of money.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Even when Santa Monica were asked about including them as DLC, they replied with "100% not possible". It wasn't because they didn't want them in the game, it was because Activision weren't willing to let the developers use the characters without paying an unreasonable amount of money.
You have a source, I'm pretty curious about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You have a source, I'm pretty curious about it.
This news is really old, but here:
http://www.gamechup.com/spyro-and-crash-100-not-possible-in-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

Also a statment from Omar Kendall (the producer of the game, I believe) about it (at least with Crash):
http://www.examiner.com/article/sup...l-stars-battle-royale-crash-dlc-possibilities

We obviously know at SuperBot and at Sony how important various characters are to the game, Crash Bandicoot in particular. We got this question at San Diego Comic Con and my president, Chan Park, gave a very good answer: ‘It takes two to tangle’. We know the fans want Crash. We want Crash. Crash is not owned by Sony. So it is a negotiation between Sony and the IP holders for all of the characters that exist in the game. We’re very interested in making that happen but it’s not for free. I do want the fans out there to know that obviously we recognized the interest in Crash and characters like Crash.
It's also known that their dream addition to the PS-All Stars roster was actually Mario himself.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sega wasn't Paid or paid for let Sonic be in Brawl/Sm4sh .
It's Actually a deal w/ Nintendo .
Nintendo can have Sonic for Smash . Sega make the Olympic game w/ Mario . And a Sonic exclusive game ( Lost World ) for the Nintendo Console while it's Nintendo who do the Marketing.

Nintendo make advertisment for Sonic and have a Super-star Guest for Smash , Sega make Advertisment for Mario in the Olympic game . And Nintendo have a exclusif game for his not-well sold Console the Wii-U .
Everybody is happy .

Why it coudn't be the same with Ubisoft ?

Well , it was almost the Same . Origins (or Legend in don't know , don't remember ) was planned Wii U exclusif ... And who know ? Maybe there was a deal , or a begining of discution about RayMan in Smash ...but Because Ubisoft break the deal they had with Nintendo .Thanks to the investissor who wanted multiplatform game for free money ...Is sad to know that even Ancel wasn't OK with the multiplaform , Ancel always was a Nintendo fan . They maybe let go the only chance Rayman have to be in Smash ... Thanks Ubisoft . Now go make your "super-next gen Assasins Creed 6575'' with a day-one patch of 14 GB . Don't forget to gave us our ''super casual and for the family ****y party-game ''

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
http://www.gamechup.com/spyro-and-crash-100-not-possible-in-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

Also a statment from Omar Kendall (the producer of the game, I believe) about it (at least with Crash):
http://www.examiner.com/article/sup...l-stars-battle-royale-crash-dlc-possibilities

It's also known that their dream addition to the PS-All Stars roster was actually Mario himself.
I believe they actually tried to get Cloud as well. That fell through though, so they instead tried to get Lara Croft, which also fell through. Square is kind of a douche when it comes to licensing their characters.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is all rumors...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I believe they actually tried to get Cloud as well. That fell through though, so they instead tried to get Lara Croft, which also fell through. Square is kind of a douche when it comes to licensing their characters.

Which is why Geno probably won't happen any time soon much to his fans chagrin.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

Well, what are you guys waiting for? Forget about Rayman in Smash; we need Mario to be in PSABR 2!

"Insert eyerolls"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Kinda like the Geno rumor about Brawl's final delay being him getting cut, Forest Maze was found in the coding too

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, what are you guys waiting for? Forget about Rayman in Smash; we need Mario to be in PSABR 2!

"Insert eyerolls"
"Dream addition" literally just means "character I want but know is not possible at all". They only mentioned it because they were asked.

Like how my dream addition to Smash is Dimentio.

The actual song wasn't found, only the coding. The main theme from Metal Gear Solid was also found, among others.
sauce? Can only find a missing partners in time song

EDIT wow this got off topic of rayman fast.

uhhhhh cool little references like palutena's guidance special little easter eggs?

Last edited:
he name translates to "Forest Mushrooms". Although the most popular theory is that this was "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" from Super Mario RPG,
okay sure but
its position in the list—which follows a general chronological trend—reveals that it was most likely the theme for Toadwood Forest, from Partners in Time. It would have been yet another theme for the underground version of the Mushroomy Kingdom stage.
so unless someone from the brawl data dumps shows up to shed some light it's a bust

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
okay sure but

so unless someone from the brawl data dumps shows up to shed some light it's a bust
That's a hotly debated topic around certain places, my theory is that it is actually "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" but was grouped with M&L series due to them both being a Mario RPG...

It's all assumptions from the website and myself, there's no way to prove either of us wrong, or right.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
When I left for my classes today at 7:35 today, our thread was at page 85. When I got home at 3:45, you guys were (and still are) on......... page 86.

Come on! Step it up!:4sonic:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I am almost certainty it is Sakurai or Nintendo being either
1. mad at ubisoft for their betrayl
2. being stubborn

I am almost certain Ubisoft would gladly work out a deal given one. Nintendo is probably "to blame" here
see snake getting in with 0 issue just from asking nicely.
I doubt it's thm being stubborn, It's definitely option 1. If they apologized and paid I am sure they would allow rayman. Also snake had issues, nintendo didn't want him but sakurai is best friends with the creator so he sort of overuled nintendo.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
When I left for my classes today at 7:35 today, our thread was at page 85. When I got home at 3:45, you guys were (and still are) on......... page 86.

Come on! Step it up!:4sonic:
This isn't the Ridley thread so you can't go fast.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I could've sworn i saw that the track is actually the forest maze. In fact all 25 tracks are on youtube.

Top Bottom