• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Spatman

Smash Ace
I'm also part french so this isn't even racist
I thought something similar to this, because of your good imitation of a French writing english (and for "merde" ).
Instead I'm Italian; for this reason I speak english so bad, ahah

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought something similar to this, because of your good imitation of a French writing english (and for "merde" ).
Instead I'm Italian; for this reason I speak english so bad, ahah
Wait. I'm half French...
Ubisoft is a French company...
Rayman is owned by Ubisoft
Smash 4 has a Rayman trophy
Mewtwo was also a trophy
Mewtwo was DLC
RAYMAN WILL BE DLC CUNF1RNDE

More tweets from Ubisoft:

Rayman Smash leak is fake but what are your thoughts on it? Would you guys consider him in Smash? Is there any #DLC possibilities?
Hey Oscar, We'd love to see Rayman join the fight in Smash Bros. but for now we're very pleased to have 3 trophies in the game.
https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/568006925679509504

So just to be clear, Rayman is NOT going to be in Smash bros.? If not then fine. I just wish I could have a clear answer on it.
No he won't be Nicholas. We'd love to see Rayman in Smash Bros. but for now we're pleased to have 3 trophies in the game! Thanks.
https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/568006094980812800

It would be amazing to let this happen..... You already have the Trophy in the game, why not the fighter?
Hey Etienne, we'd love to see Rayman join the fight in Smash Bros. but for now we're pleased to have 3 trophies in the game.
https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/568006363475021825

Sigh....oh well.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
At least he didn't die young like a certain bear and bird, ammirite?
Luckily, there's some kind of legacy to look forward to ;)

I really hope that Ancel tackles another Rayman 3D-platformer... if Ubisoft lets him do it again. That's why I considered it a good decision after all, to make Rayman Legends a multiplatform-title. I know, they kind of broke contracts with Nintendo, but I find it much more important to give the Rayman-franchise a chance to survive somehow. If it was Wii U - only, they would'nt have had much better sales numbers, tbh. The following years will show whether the world accepts 3D-platformers anymore - with several Indies and the mentioned legacy (of the dude in my profile pic and his bird-friend) on the way.

BTW: Rayman belongs to Ubisoft completely? So did Michael Ancel sell him at some point? When did he do that?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I really hope that Ancel tackles another Rayman 3D-platformer... if Ubisoft lets him do it again. That's why I considered it a good decision after all, to make Rayman Legends a multiplatform-title. I know, they kind of broke contracts with Nintendo, but I find it much more important to give the Rayman-franchise a chance to survive somehow. If it was Wii U - only, they would'nt have had much better sales numbers, tbh. The following years will show whether the world accepts 3D-platformers anymore - with several Indies and the mentioned legacy (of the dude in my profile pic and his bird-friend) on the way.

BTW: Rayman belongs to Ubisoft completely? So did Michael Ancel sell him at some point? When did he do that?
Ancel hasn't been on the series since dem bunnies iirc

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a dude tho, My fav is Hoodlum Havoc tho
Woups, my fault!

Anyway, back to topic: What about the rights on Rayman?

Spatman

Smash Ace

false. It was fair that Legends wasn't a Wii U exclusive, but it had to be a temporary exclusive. In this way it would have been released at Wii U launch, and not almost a year later. So Legends on Wii U would have selled many more copies, many more than the total it has selled (in fact in percentages it has selled much more on Wii U than PS3+Xbox360). At the launch of Wii U Legends would have had much less competition, and moreover many people bought Wii U at launch thinking Legends' release was near (it was posticipated a first time of only few months)
You probably don't remember, but when Ubisoft announced at the same time that Legends wasn't more a Wii U exclusive and that it was posticipated of other 6 months to be released at the same time with ps and xbox versions, there was a terrible ****storm. No, not against Ubisoft (not only, at least). Against Wii U! all people said Wii U was crap, an useless gameless underpowered console, and that Nintendo was doomed.
If this episode didn't happened, Wii U would have had a much better imagine for the audience, and it would have selled much better. At the same time Legends would have selled much better, too. And all future Ubisoft games on Wii U would have selled bettere (more consoles = more selles, and Ubisoft would have had a better imagine at the eyes of Nintendo buyers).

Ubisoft's behaviour was terrible at that time (and also later...). Nobody wanted to keep Legends a Wii U exclusive. We wanted only that Ubisoft published it on Wii U earlier, as promised, and then on PS&Xbox. They deliberately postponed Wii U version (which was already finished months ago) to release it at the same time of ps&xbox's versions

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
false. It was fair that Legends wasn't a Wii U exclusive, but it had to be a temporary exclusive. In this way it would have been released at Wii U launch, and not almost a year later. So Legends on Wii U would have selled many more copies, many more than the total it has selled (in fact in percentages it has selled much more on Wii U than PS3+Xbox360). At the launch of Wii U Legends would have had much less competition, and moreover many people bought Wii U at launch thinking Legends' release was near (it was posticipated a first time of only few months)
You probably don't remember, but when Ubisoft announced at the same time that Legends wasn't more a Wii U exclusive and that it was posticipated of other 6 months to be released at the same time with ps and xbox versions, there was a terrible ****storm. No, not against Ubisoft (not only, at least). Against Wii U! all people said Wii U was crap, an useless gameless underpowered console, and that Nintendo was doomed.
If this episode didn't happened, Wii U would have had a much better imagine for the audience, and it would have selled much better. At the same time Legends would have selled much better, too. And all future Ubisoft games on Wii U would have selled bettere (more consoles = more selles, and Ubisoft would have had a better imagine at the eyes of Nintendo buyers).

Ubisoft's behaviour was terrible at that time (and also later...). Nobody wanted to keep Legends a Wii U exclusive. We wanted only that Ubisoft published it on Wii U earlier, as promised, and then on PS&Xbox. They deliberately postponed Wii U version (which was already finished months ago) to release it at the same time of ps&xbox's versions
Monsieur Ancel also got mad at that, right? GTAV being released during the postponed date alongside other games including a new AC didn't help either

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Cocorico ! Je suis Francais !
Add me in the support list ! I'm a big RayMan Fan . My favorite is the 3rd next to Origins and Legend !
And Ubisoft , i hate you to not create a 3d Rayman platformer but always do Assassin's Creed number 254412 .

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

I get why people are mad on Ubisoft, but why should people hate the Wii U because of that delay? Were there really that many people who bought the Wii U for Rayman Legends?

BTW, here's the picture of Ancel (guy in the left) protesting against the delay:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Michel Ancel seems like a pretty cool guy. Nice to see a creator invest that much love and care into their work.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I get why people are mad on Ubisoft, but why should people hate the Wii U because of that delay? Were there really that many people who bought the Wii U for Rayman Legends?

BTW, here's the picture of Ancel protesting against the delay:

because in that moment many people disinformed/troll/who-don't-like-Nintendo read all bad news about Wii U and denigrate it.
The delay of Rayman Legends was the drop that spilled the cup, since that moment and on Wii U gained the reputation of useless console without games

Spatman

Smash Ace
He is confirmed to not be in the game.

They didn't outright say the possibility does not exist or that he doesn't have a chance in future. :3
in 6-8 years, when Smash 5 will be released, I will be 28-30 years old (if I will be still alive...)
It's sad, but... for many people, Smash 4 will be the last Smash actively played in their life

no Rayman in Smash for me, never :(

Hype will never die.
I know im the pessimism guy but there is still a 1 in a million chance that nintendo sees the publicity and realizes rayman dlc is free money.
of course they havent realized regular dlc is free money yet

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
in 6-8 years, when Smash 5 will be released, I will be 28-30 years old (if I will be still alive...)
It's sad, but... for many people, Smash 4 will be the last Smash actively played in their life

no Rayman in Smash for me, never :(
You do realize that some people live to be 100 years old, right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why are people depressed about this? They WANT him to be playable!
Not sound rude but they should get up, start supporting wii u, ask nicely and work out something to get him in the damn game. They clearly sew fans support this 100% so why don't they?

I am almost certainty it is Sakurai or Nintendo being either
1. mad at ubisoft for their betrayl
2. being stubborn

I am almost certain Ubisoft would gladly work out a deal given one. Nintendo is probably "to blame" here
see snake getting in with 0 issue just from asking nicely.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's no surprise that Ubisoft wants Rayman in the game, so the statement doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

I mean, who wouldn't want their character in a game that is constantly trending and on the public's radar, especially when someone else makes the game? It's practically free advertising for your character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's no surprise that Ubisoft wants Rayman in the game, so the statement doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

I mean, who wouldn't want their character in a game that is constantly trending and on the public's radar, especially when someone else makes the game? It's practically free advertising for your character.
False. You get paid for free advertising, unless Smash literally only asks instead of paying money to use stuff

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
False. You get paid for free advertising, unless Smash literally only asks instead of paying money to use stuff
No, I mean having Rayman in Smash spreads word of his existence by him being there. It's free advertising.

I mean, Kid Icarus: Uprising got a sale in my household because of Smash.

Top Bottom