• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
you speak of foreign faraways from andross. keith no accept the linkin park so i joust into him opening. american = you? it true. texas must be best state? yes? i heard they have george dubya and ted cruz is my fav political he make democrap look communist. i take forth it is great warming hoax because bill nye and stephen hawking work to take money from working class peoples. west korea it is not bad as people saint it is. me spekko on apple product dairy. al livin is ghost. andross wants me flesh from mars. do you american speak shakespear?
me speak ching chong. how you do small willy people? me do a goodaruu me show my willyaroo it so smallarooo. i like little anime girls.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddddd reported

I like how there are at least 6 people from the ridley thread in here.

maybe we brought the trolling with us. this is why we don't leave the mansion.

assuming by some magic Rayman got a 2nd rep is there anyone other than Globox that really makes sense?
I guess there is barbara and king teensie but ehh. inb4 liquid
and no rabbids don't count

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

assuming by some magic Rayman got a 2nd rep is there anyone other than Globox that really makes sense?
First rule of the mansion. You do not talk about the mansion.

I'd like a Rabbid just to beat the **** out of it. Same reason I like having DHD.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

1. First rule of the mansion. You do not talk about the mansion.
    This. :smirk:
  2. Even so, it's not like anyone can get there without permission, so...
  3. What trolls? That's not allow there and you know it.

As for reps? Ly Idk really...Razorbeard? Razorbeard...

So people have begun ripping models from SSBU. Not many have been done so far, but Rayman's trophy model has been! You can download it here if you want to use it for anything.

http://www.models-resource.com/other_systems/supersmashbrosforwiiu/model/9074/

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux - This might be a good inclusion for the OP.

Inb4 this was done because of the fake leak.

Time to try this baby out. :bluejump: If only Rayman 3 model....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
  1. This. :smirk:
  2. Even so, it's not like anyone can get there without permission, so...
  3. What trolls? That's not allow there and you know it.

As for reps? Ly Idk really...Razorbeard? Razorbeard...

Inb4 this was done because of the fake leak.

Time to try this baby out. :bluejump: If only Rayman 3 model....
He meant the trolls from Ye Ole thread

actually I meant ^^^that guy up there who's posts mysteriously don't exist. As if Ridley supports give off an aura that brings trolls running
still want to know why that one guy has any reason to troll rayman supporters

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
actually I meant ^^^that guy up there who's posts mysteriously don't exist. As if Ridley supports give off an aura that brings trolls running
still want to know why that one guy has any reason to troll rayman supporters
Again, blame the publicity spike from the Rayman "leak". Although we got more Rayman supporters, nearly 300 people, moreso guests, was in this thread to see everything. Including the salt. So trolls were going to happen regardless. Good that the mod locked this place before that got out of control from them..

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Why did they wait till Tuesday to make a tweet? In response to some random ass guy, no less!?!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Luckily, this statement was NOT straightforward about Rayman being actually playable. So we be living! However, that also means we're back at square one, but that's better than what could of happened.
3RHXyO9.png

Last edited:
So I was just on Smash Reddit and looked up this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2w7kr4/likely_the_extent_of_ubisofts_statement_on_the/

Someone on their found out something VERY interesting...

I decided to look at the official Rayman twitter that's linked in Ubisoft's tweet and found something interesting. I don't really know how twitter works so maybe this is anachronistic, but the official Rayman twitter account seems to have started following artsyomni some time between the end of December and January 8th.

http://i.imgur.com/ws2QWhU.png here's a screenshot of how it looks for me, can somebody more twitter literate tell me whether or not this means it happened then?
The official Rayman page on twitter followed Artsy Omni back between December and Jan 8...why would they do that?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So I was just on Smash Reddit and looked up this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2w7kr4/likely_the_extent_of_ubisofts_statement_on_the/

Someone on their found out something VERY interesting...

The official Rayman page on twitter followed Artsy Omni back between December and Jan 8...why would they do that?

taking it too far. Also photoshop is a thing so I can't go believing an imgur link like that

EDIT omni is the closest follow to the top. Does that mean it is the most recent or something? it isn't alphabetical

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
reminder to what I have said
PESSIMISM!
letting even the smallest bit of hope in allows it to grow. and it grows fast. And hope leads to disappointment. Conspiracy theories never end well

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
reminder to what I have said
PESSIMISM!
letting even the smallest bit of hope in allows it to grow. and it grows fast. And hope leads to disappointment. Conspiracy theories never end well
Pretty much. But it's funny to find this if that is what Ubi did do a month ago.

Okay seriously this guy is worse than bala for people who know that guy.

this is absurd how long this one guy is here

I wonder if this guy is related to theenlightenedone who apparently hates rayman and wants sukapon

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Unbelievable.

Look, I wasn't too surprised that Ubisoft made that kind of statement, but it puts a damper on my hopes for Rayman as DLC.

When I first saw the leak, I was very surprised and happy. It's true, the chances of Rayman becoming a character in Smash Bros were slim even after he had gotten a trophy. However, I'm not kidding when I say I was hyped. I mean, Rayman? IN SMASH BROS?!! It was truly a sight to behold in that Sakurai was fulfilling the dreams that so many fans had shared. When the video of the CSS went online, I allowed myself to enjoy the reality that Rayman was coming.

That night, I started replaying Rayman Legends as a celebration. It was nostalgic, to say the least. As I played through the game, I started realizing just how well he could fit in the Smash universe. When you think about it, his moveset was practically realized in Legends. Not to mention the huge amount of alternate costumes you could give him, the beautiful levels that could serve as the Rayman universe stage, and the amount of excellent music you could choose from. I went to sleep that night, giddy at the thought that Rayman was really in........

Or so I thought.

Waking up the next morning, I still couldn't believe that my most wanted character was in. The fact that even Ubisoft was going to make a statement pretty much just confirmed that Rayman was in. That's what everyone thought.

We all know what happened at the end.

As I roamed through Smashboards that day, I started to realize that everyone was saying that the dream was dead. I began to wonder why that was the case. I then saw the link to the video. When the video began, I literally asked out loud:
"Did you make this?"
And what I got back was the smug smile of ArtsyOmny.

Boy did I feel like crap. Deep inside, I had the same reaction as Jontron when he learned that Conker was just a skin in Project Spark. I didn't want to talk to anybody. I didn't want to game on the New 3DS XL that I had gotten on Friday the 13th. I didn't even want to train my newly bought Bowser amiibo ( and I still haven't). I just wanted to lock myself in a room and cry. That day, I felt like a stupid load of crap, and I'm sure the majority of you supporters did too. Even to the point where the thread had to be locked.

You know, if this occurred during the Brawl days, I'm pretty sure that feeling of sadness would stay with me for a long time. However, there's something magical about Smash 4, and that is DLC. Plus, the ArtsyOmny leak was a double edged sword in that although it made a lot of people angry(including myself), it provided us a ton a publicity, to the point where even Ubisoft was prompted to look into it. Additionally, we have gotten so many supporters, as the leak made them seriously consider Rayman as a fighter.

Don't let the haters get to you guys. People like RogersBase and GameXplain, ignore them. The thought of Rayman being in Smash may still be a pipedream, but it doesn't always have to be this way, because let's face it:

All of us here want him in. If he doesn't get in as DLC, then we'll continue fighting for him to be in Smash 5.

I think I speak for everyone when I say this, so I'll say it:

We're fighting for his inclusion to be a reality, not a pipedream.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
You know what rayman ****? Why do you want a limbless *** in the game? Huh? He would be a ****ing broken character he's a stupider idea than Geno. I'm glad this little faggy *** character is not in the game because he is ****ing stupid just look at him. It looks like a character for little kiddies. And ubisoft. Yeah HELLL NO. Ubisoft is a dead company and they're going to go bankrupt because of harsh development conditions and next these leaks are fake nintendo said they won't make more paid dlc because they want to stop working on the game because Sakurai is retiring. SORRY YALL BUT HES DECONFIRMED! ITS A ****ING FACT! FACE REALITY YOU KIDDIES! Rayman is a stupid idea.... He's literally a sukapon CLONE. Worst character idea ever. The fact that you think he has a chance is really stupid. Just grow up ****.
I'm sorry, but to say Rayman is a character for kids when referring to a game featuring Pikachu and Kirby is rather...odd.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I could have sworn DHD never had a chance, could have sworn Villager, Miis and Pac-Man had absolutely zero chance considering Sakurai said no during Brawl development
LOL HE'S SAYING A LIKE MEN YET ONE CLICK WOULD SHOW I'M FEMALE

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
o_o Jesus....

Anyways, now I got to know what if Ubi didn't know about the leak being fake, what would have been said instead of just retweeting the video proof?

And guys, the ignore button.

Last edited:
Unbelievable.

Look, I wasn't too surprised that Ubisoft made that kind of statement, but it puts a damper on my hopes for Rayman as DLC.

When I first saw the leak, I was very surprised and happy. It's true, the chances of Rayman becoming a character in Smash Bros were slim even after he had gotten a trophy. However, I'm not kidding when I say I was hyped. I mean, Rayman? IN SMASH BROS?!! It was truly a sight to behold in that Sakurai was fulfilling the dreams that so many fans had shared. When the video of the CSS went online, I allowed myself to enjoy the reality that Rayman was coming.

That night, I started replaying Rayman Legends as a celebration. It was nostalgic, to say the least. As I played through the game, I started realizing just how well he could fit in the Smash universe. When you think about it, his moveset was practically realized in Legends. Not to mention the huge amount of alternate costumes you could give him, the beautiful levels that could serve as the Rayman universe stage, and the amount of excellent music you could choose from. I went to sleep that night, giddy at the thought that Rayman was really in........

Or so I thought.

Waking up the next morning, I still couldn't believe that my most wanted character was in. The fact that even Ubisoft was going to make a statement pretty much just confirmed that Rayman was in. That's what everyone thought.

We all know what happened at the end.

As I roamed through Smashboards that day, I started to realize that everyone was saying that the dream was dead. I began to wonder why that was the case. I then saw the link to the video. When the video began, I literally asked out loud:
"Did you make this?"
And what I got back was the smug smile of ArtsyOmny.

Boy did I feel like crap. Deep inside, I had the same reaction as Jontron when he learned that Conker was just a skin in Project Spark. I didn't want to talk to anybody. I didn't want to game on the New 3DS XL that I had gotten on Friday the 13th. I didn't even want to train my newly bought Bowser amiibo ( and I still haven't). I just wanted to lock myself in a room and cry. That day, I felt like a stupid load of crap, and I'm sure the majority of you supporters did too. Even to the point where the thread had to be locked.

You know, if this occurred during the Brawl days, I'm pretty sure that feeling of sadness would stay with me for a long time. However, there's something magical about Smash 4, and that is DLC. Plus, the ArtsyOmny leak was a double edged sword in that although it made a lot of people angry(including myself), it provided us a ton a publicity, to the point where even Ubisoft was prompted to look into it. Additionally, we have gotten so many supporters, as the leak made them seriously consider Rayman as a fighter.

Don't let the haters get to you guys. People like RogersBase and GameXplain, ignore them. The thought of Rayman being in Smash may still be a pipedream, but it doesn't always have to be this way, because let's face it:

All of us here want him in. If he doesn't get in as DLC, then we'll continue fighting for him to be in Smash 5.

I think I speak for everyone when I say this, so I'll say it:

We're fighting for his inclusion to be a reality, not a pipedream.
amen

also ignoring doesn't work because it doesn't ignore the new account he eventually makes

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Go report yourself ***. What I want is everyone to SHUT UP and just show people the FACT that rayman doesn't have a CHANCE!
If you want people to stop talking about Rayman, this is not the way to do it.
All you will do is make people tell you why they want him/ why he has a chance, etc.

Top Bottom