• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know, now that I've run it through my mind...it seems more and more likely that Ubisoft might just announce that they're planning on working with Nintendo when it comes to adding Rayman to Smash...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know, now that I've run it through my mind...it seems more and more likely that Ubisoft might just announce that they're planning on working with Nintendo when it comes to adding Rayman to Smash...
It is possible. This leak has defiantly voiced the opinions of the fans, and Nintendo may in fact acknowledge them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Say this does happen.
Does this mean this thread immediately gets a character slot on the character page? x3
Slow down. We're not there yet. I don't think it's wise to be speaking about the "what if"s on the day they could all be shot down. But.... I would assume it would be. I think.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Well, today Ubisoft makes or breaks it. The leak may have been fake, but hopefully Ubi gives us hope.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just as an FYI , Nintendo's investor meeting has come and gone, and Ubisoft had no mentions at it. No Smash Bros news at it either.

So it's merely a coincidence that Ubisoft is making any statement today.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
If Ubisoft has nothing to announce, I'd rather they not say anything. It's been proven fake, so they don't really have a good reason to state anything. I expect nothing.

Oh yah, I'm a Rayman supporter still, please put me on the list. :4pacman:

Last edited:
It was page 41 when the leak showed up.
Quite the jump in pages eh?
I doubt Ubisoft has anything to say. I feel like I should say pessimism again but I said it enough pre-lock

Oh and why I support rayman
-As a kid I played a terrible (well I remember it being terrible) educational rayman game and he was so cool to me
-I have rayman 3d (2), 3 for the 360, and origins and legends.
-only one I have yet to beat is 3
-I technically played the 2nd rabbids game but it bored me to no end
-I love the design of a limbless character with hair like that

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Add me to the supporter list. There's no way that Sakurai, Ubisoft, or anyone else who will probably be misblamed (knowing this fandom) is going to live down a fiasco like this quietly.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Ok now when does ubisoft going to talk?
I was just wondering the same thing.

Btw. If I haven't been added to the support list yet, I would love to. I have fond memories of playing a Rayman collection on my PC many years ago. I also had rayman games on N64, game boy color, and absolutely love origins and legends. He is my most wanted 3rd party character.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ubisoft didn't say they were pulling back, so it would be kind of rude to say nothing. :laugh:

...Come on Ubisoft, just end this. Seriously- it's time.

Ubisoft didn't say they were pulling back, so it would be kind of rude to say nothing. :laugh:

...Come on Ubisoft, just end this. Seriously- it's time.
That's true, I hope they have the class to come out and say something regardless of the leak being fake.

If Rayman is truly not coming to Smash 4 then I hope he is a third party character in Smash 5 due to the popularity this leak gained. A lot more people seemed to be upset that it was fake rather than happy it was fake.

I would love to hear something similar to Kojima
"No, rayman is not playable, but if your listening Sakurai, please make snake Rayman playable"

still expecting either nothing or saying it is fake with nothing else

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Can someone tag me when or if there is something, please ? I really am curious just to know what Ubi is going to say, even if it's nothing important...

Last edited:
I'm still holding on to this microscopic piece of hope that Ubisoft panicked and thought the leak was real because Rayman is a planned dlc character, they told us to wait until Tuesday because they wanted that time to contact Nintendo about it, and now that the leak is a known fake they may just come out and say it's fake to keep us in the dark. What if it was just a giant coincidence that Omni decided to make a fake leak of a character that is actually coming (Just like the Palutena fake leak before her announcement).

I know....I'm batpoop crazy. The chances of this happening are extremely slim.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Or Screwattack failed and told a fake news and nothing was meant to happen today.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Alright, Rayman Fans! This is the moment of truth! Let's charge into this announcement at full force, with this theme playing in our heads!

CHARGE!!!!!!

Spatman

Smash Ace
add me to the supporter list, please.

The Legendary Beast, I thought about that possibility too. But I don't dare actually hope something so difficult to happen

Top Bottom