• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Well, we're back to normal I guess. We did get quite a lot of publicity and some new fans from that "leak", so I think we're doing fine for now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey it's open now, I'm just here to post that if you're here to support Rayman, at least give us a few well-thought out reasons why you want to join the list, it would be very appreciated, I personally don't like to seeing people join just for the sake of bandwagoning.
I'll just...see myself out then...:sadeyes:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Anyone have Photoshop?

Using both the official and Omni's art:

MARIO, SONIC, SNAKE, MEGA MAN, PAC-MAN, RAYMAN.

The Colors of Gaming, please?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey, are you a fan of Rayman? Then that's good enough for me. :)
Not...necessarily?
But I very okay with the idea of him being in Smash...after seeing this leak I realize how good he fits with the rest of the cast.
Plus, with Snake gone, he's going to need quite a few Mans to replace his manliness.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Anyone have Photoshop?

Using both the official and Omni's art:

MARIO, SONIC, SNAKE, MEGA MAN, PAC-MAN, RAYMAN.

The Colors of Gaming, please?
I could do it, something like this?

except with rayman
Can someone give me Rayman's "art" with no background?
Pretty sure the full resolution version has a background.
I'll do that too while I'm at it

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A few well thought out reasons for the list?

1. I have a history with the Rayman games. I played the 64 version of Great Escape, and enjoyed the game.

2. Rayman could be a unique character. Good range and (har) disjoints would be nice to see. I imagine Rayamn as a light, medium ranged fighter.

3. He's fun in personality. Happy, expressive, and eccentric qualities make Rayman fit right in with the rest of the First-Party characters.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Not...necessarily?
But I very okay with the idea of him being in Smash...after seeing this leak I realize how good he fits with the rest of the cast.
Plus, with Snake gone, he's going to need quite a few Mans to replace his manliness.
That's fine. You should stay here if you want to and all. And Snake....*sigh* Hope?...

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I'd like to join the supporters list if I haven't already - I've loved Rayman for years since I played 3 as a kid. A few years ago I picked up Rayman Legends and it is my all time favourite 2D platformer, I've beaten it myself and co-op with my friend - we had a blast! Buy it now! (PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One versions recommended!)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Rayman's a quirky character and I loved the recent platformers. Running through the desert to a Mariachi Eye of the Tiger will be one of my favourite levels in anything for a long time.

Not...necessarily?
I'm hoping Konami and Nintendo can sort something out to get him back as DLC. On the grounds that REX is his final smash.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ok, well put me on the list, and here are my reasons
1. I enjoyed playing the Rayman games on PS1 as a kid, and still find it really fun even though I grew unattached to the series
2. It gives hope for all of those who have none, and it completely opens the door for all DLC(SHOVEL KNIGHT AND IMPA PLS)
3. Rayman would be a cool character
4. Rayman would fit smash perfectly
5. It would make a bunch of fans really happy, and I love to kill people when they are at their happiest!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I'm hoping Konami and Nintendo can sort something out to get him back as DLC. On the grounds that REX is his final smash.
I personally think Snake would look pretty out of place in Smash 4? Brawl worked because of the gritty colors and stuff but I can't see him fighting in levels like these:

Not saying Snake shouldn't be in this game but they need to do some work on him.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I personally think Snake would look pretty out of place in Smash 4? Brawl worked because of the gritty colors and stuff but I can't see him fighting in levels like these:

Not saying Snake shouldn't be in this game but they need to do some work on him.
Well you could give him some Hot Pink camo in MGS3 3d (granted that was Naked Snake/Big Boss).

Last edited:

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Why are we talking about Snake in a Rayman thread... Rayman has a bigger chance of getting in the game considering he has a trophy and Snake doesn't.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I would assume they could do some..."toon"-a-fying to make him not look too realistic, somewhere on level to the other human like characters I guess, like Falcon or Zamus or something.

But anyways, I might take a crack at the "leak" render and make a non background version of it myself.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Why are we talking about Snake in a Rayman thread... Rayman has a bigger chance of getting in the game considering he has a trophy and Snake doesn't.
Snake's also a third party character (That had a previous playable role in Smash Bros) and chances mean nothing to Sakurai. See Ridley being a rubbish stage hazard despite being the most relevant and likely Metroid newcomer (Which sucks) and then see that we got Robin over Chrom (Which I would like if Chrom didn't become a pathetic joke).

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"The leak of bad dreams". Gave me a laugh.

Hey, I have an idea! Let's make a request for Omni to "Smashify" Snake!
He should make a imagining of what the Grovyle from PMD2 would look like in Smash. Oh wait.

I'm more then happy to see what the man can do after gifting us with the best render of Legends Rayman ever. Still, Rayman 3 design tho...
Eh, it was so-so. Too modern for me, and I've mainly familiar with the first two games.

----

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, I know, just nostalgia talking, although Rayman 1 was my first game and 2 was one of my top favor Rayman games...

And yeah, got a chuckle out of the thread title myself.
xD Yeah, me too! >u> specially when coincidently listening to the theme of the Cave of Bad Dreams...I love that one.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If we get Snake and Rayman down the line, can we get Black Mage (Square Enix rep) and Spyro (Activision rep)
So I can have an 8-player Smash battle featuring characters all from different game companies?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If we get Snake and Rayman down the line, can we get Black Mage (Square Enix rep) and Spyro (Activision rep)
So I can have an 8-player Smash battle featuring characters all from different game companies?
As much as I love Spyro he's basically dead alongside Crash.
Perfect way to revive him is Smash Bros if Pitty Pat's anything to go by. And I'd rather have Terra/Kefka for a SE (FF) rep.

I am very bias towards FF VI and despise VII

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Top Bottom