• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I don't have any hard feelings towards Omni Jacala, because he put hard work into this and fooled me real good, and is totally transparent about how he produced the fakes. But man, am I going to be disappointed and a bit mad if Ubisoft actually decides to respond but it's nothing more then a passive "we'd love to make it happen" statement. That's Ubisoft actively taking advantage of this situation for some PR points without actually doing anything.

Last edited:
so Rayman fans got trolled from the same guy who trolled every Geno fan and Bomberman fan back in brawl days :ohwell: i still remember the pain that i got before 7 years :c
He should be hired as a graphic designer. Didn't know he was behind so many of these fakes. It's amazing.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Best Faker Ever award goes to THIS guy. Incredibly convincing.

I still want Rayman in Smash. This is honestly quite depressing. :/

Why you do this, man? :*(

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Btw, add me to the supporter list.

This whole thing made me realize I'd love it if Rayman was a playable character in SSB. Like I said before, I'm not really a big fan of Rayman (or Ubisoft recently) but at the same time...I realize the potential he has for a moveset and I think he'd be fun to play as.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Suddenly I'm getting a load of likes on a lot of my posts regarding this leak...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
All this does is remind me of how much leaks suck.
If it's true then there goes all surprise that you've loved since the Melee days with Mar-Mar and Mewtwo.
If it's fake and it had a character you wanted then you feel disappointed because they still haven't been confirmed.
It's a vicious cycle.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I would've been totally fooled if I cared enough about it to believe it. I'm pretty indifferent to Rayman as a character but I did find Rayman Origins pretty fun. So hey, sign me up for supporter.

That said though, someone really needs to hire that guy as a graphic designer, that's some talent right there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't have any hard feelings towards Omni Jacala, because he put hard work into this and fooled me real good, and is totally transparent about how he produced the fakes. But man, am I going to be disappointed and a bit mad if Ubisoft actually decides to respond but it's nothing more then a passive "we'd love to make it happen" statement. That's Ubisoft actively taking advantage of this situation for some PR points without actually doing anything.
Meanwhile we are still pretending the Wii U sells like fecal matter, so those finished games will have to wait

MainJPW

M.T.A
Now I will never, ever believe a Smash leak ever again. From now on I ignore them.
My sentiments exactly; I'm not angry at the guy by any means but, this basically shows us that no matter how convincing a future leak may appear it should NEVER be taken as truth unless actual gameplay footage is involved.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My sentiments exactly; I'm not angry at the guy by any means but, this basically shows us that no matter how convincing a future leak may appear it should NEVER be taken as truth unless actual gameplay footage is involved.
Then with Smash 5, people will literally be making mini-fan games that replicate preview footage, in order to make leaks.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So apparently he's taking requests on making Smashified artwork of other characters. Whelp, I'ma go reward him his full points and demand an Anna artwork.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I wish that Nintendo would make Rayman now, and give it free for everyone except the one who made the leak.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
so Rayman fans got trolled from the same guy who trolled every Geno fan and Bomberman fan back in brawl days :ohwell: i still remember the pain that i got before 7 years :c
Wait this guy didn't create them leaks back in the brawl days did he?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
All this does is remind me of how much leaks suck.
If it's true then there goes all surprise that you've loved since the Melee days with Mar-Mar and Mewtwo.
If it's fake and it had a character you wanted then you feel disappointed because they still haven't been confirmed.
It's a vicious cycle.
This is what I've been saying about leaks forever and why I despise them. I don't even get it- if it's fake, you're just going to get negative attention in the end. If it's real, chances are you're working for Nintendo and there goes your job, and most likely future jobs since they likely won't want to hire someone who leaked classified company information. And for what? People to not even associate your name with what you leaked that we'd know eventually anyway?

Anyway, I just wanted to say my heart goes out to Rayman supporters. I'm not even a vocal supporter and I was angered by this. Though if anything, this did make me consider that he could be an interesting fighter... Good luck to you guys!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So apparently he's taking requests on making Smashified artwork of other characters. Whelp, I'ma go reward him his full points and demand an Anna artwork.
I need this guy to make a good Snake. Maybe K. Rool too, but I don't want to get greedy.

He already gave us the best damn Rayman picture.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Am I in the supporters list yet?
add me if I'm not haaha.

....I don't usually ever ever go into the character specific boards/threads.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What if....
Nintendo and Ubisoft just chose this guy to cover up for the leak and make it seem like it was a fake? Perhaps they simply told him what to do to make it seem like it was as legit fake as possible...?!
#DreamLivesOn
#Mindblown
#Desperate

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What if....
Nintendo and Ubisoft just chose this guy to cover up for the leak and make it seem like it was a fake? Perhaps they simply told him what to do to make it seem like it was as fake as possible...?!
#DreamLivesOn
#Mindblown
#Desperate

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
What if....
Nintendo and Ubisoft just chose this guy to cover up for the leak and make it seem like it was a fake? Perhaps they simply told him what to do to make it seem like it was as legit fake as possible...?!
#DreamLivesOn
#Mindblown
#Desperate
Don't do this to yourself, Speed. :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Jesus Christ Burgess! After being up to date on the news, it's quite the terrible day to be a fan. I just had this gut feeling that some designer was playing with our emotions only to troll us in the end with his mad skills. And now you know the main reason why I loathe all leaks in general. Now if you all excuse me, I am going to abuse some of those furry ****ers in Rayman Raving Rabbids. :cry:

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
It's ironic how some people who believed the leak yesterday by saying "OMG RAYMAN IS IN HYPE TRAINNN" now say "I knew it was a hoax the whole time! You people are soooo gullible!"

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I kind of hope this makes Nintendo realize how much people want DLC.
99% of people with Smash Bros will buy any and all DLC that gets released, no matter what it is.

Rayman and Smash Bros were trending ALL DAY on twitter yesterday. I understand that Sakurai is exhausted, and that he's really afraid that people will think that they cut content from the game to sell later as DLC, but Nintendo really needs to pursue the DLC route with Smash Bros. It'd be an absolute goldmine.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I would've been totally fooled if I cared enough about it to believe it. I'm pretty indifferent to Rayman as a character but I did find Rayman Origins pretty fun. So hey, sign me up for supporter.

That said though, someone really needs to hire that guy as a graphic designer, that's some talent right there.
This I specifically agree.

Personally, I can probably get a few ideas from this guy which can help me learn and understand a bit more skills associated with After Effects and Photoshop.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Have some more :laugh:

Not taking shots here, but it's interesting to note that apparently this guy has done several realistic leaks before.
The other ones are not that impressive leak wise. Just the character renders themselves.

This ****ing faker needs to kill himself.. Piece of **** ******* wasting time... He's going to get sued anyways by Ubisoft. Might as well end his miserable demise.
God no stop this. You are making humanity look bad

I kind of hope this makes Nintendo realize how much people want DLC.
99% of people with Smash Bros will buy any and all DLC that gets released, no matter what it is.

Rayman and Smash Bros were trending ALL DAY on twitter yesterday. I understand that Sakurai is exhausted, and that he's really afraid that people will think that they cut content from the game to sell later as DLC, but Nintendo really needs to pursue the DLC route with Smash Bros. It'd be an absolute goldmine.
unfortunately nintendo isn't very linked with the times. see their youtube policy. Not using DLC for one of the few times it isn't hated by the community is somethong 100% nintendo

Last edited:

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
It really sucks to see it as a hoax as I am really disappointed, but what if there is a Plot Twist: Rayman is still in Smash and this leak was all a coincidence.

I guess I am still a bit salty and want him in.

Top Bottom