• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Who's gonna bet that the three characters will be leaked before their announcement as usual?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Good dang it data miners, can't keep away from the game could ya. Be honest, deep down we all knew this was gonna happen again, some one was going to data mine the game to find out all of the secrets it hold. II was bound to happen with pre Smash 4 and with DLC. It was inedible to happen, it happens with every game not just Smash Bros.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Is the web of the ballot going to close tomorrow at a specific hour? I only voted in April on various devices, I think I'm going to vote today again.

Who's gonna bet that the three characters will be leaked before their announcement as usual?
They would need a new update to get leaked, don't? Or even that, maybe we get a new update but we don't get any of them leaked (I'd be pleased if they don't get leaked, I want the surprises in a video).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Is the web of the ballot going to close tomorrow at a specific hour? I only voted in April on various devices, I think I'm going to vote today again.

They would need a new update to get leaked, don't? Or even that, maybe we get a new update but we don't get any of them leaked (I'd be pleased if they don't get leaked, I want the surprises in a video).
I don't know when it may close, honestly, but maybe before the end of the day in Japan is my guess? And yeah, I'd hope something leaked doesn't happen to ruin the surprise, but meh, who knows.

Also, after watching the DYKG of Rayman and Unseen64's Rayman 4 video, I wanted to post these.

upload_2015-10-2_8-41-21.png

Same here.

upload_2015-10-2_8-42-35.png

Geezus...this, right here. T_T

Smash Rookie
Good luck you guys. I am convinced that Rayman will be selected for Smash. Wolf, Issac, Dixie and Rayman. (though maybe they'll hold back Wolf for Star Fox U)

Smash Rookie
can you elaborate why you're conviced they'll join? just curious.
They have the best things going for them. Though in some ways it feels more like a process of elimination.

For instance I think K. Rool, despite being more popular than any of those, is being passed over because of Dixie Kong. Understandably, Nintendo would be reluctant to introduce 2 Donkey Kong characters at once, so despite being very popular K. Rool misses out (Inversely, if K. Rool defied my expectations and got in, it'd stop Dixie Kong from being playable).

Similarly I feel the same thing happens to Krystal, because Wolf is so likely to join, Nintendo will avoid having two StarFox DLC characters.

Inkling would be a fine choice, but the game can't even render the ice climbers because of handheld limitations, I feel that to implement them (and do them justice) would be beyond what's currently possible and they'll be left to Smash 5.

Bandana Dee simply didn't have the support when the ballot started. Look back over the early poll results that floated around back then and he simply didn't rank very high. That period, when the ballot was fresh and in the media spotlight, would be when most of the votes were cast. I think Nintendo decided very early on who they would pick, they're not looking at these last minute votes and seriously considering changing their minds.

It's on record that Snake got into Brawl as a favor to Kojima from his friend Sakurai. Now Kojima is gone from Konami, and the company's current direction seems to be going away from video games. He's a veteran so I wouldn't count him out completely but he seems very unlikely in my eyes.

So, when you critically look at the top choices for DLC, in the end you're left with only a few realistic choices. Rayman has by virtue of being popular enough, checking all the right boxes, and not stepping on anyone's toes become a great contended for Smash. Same for Issac, he's not the most popular choice, but he's in a good position strategically.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
They have the best things going for them. Though in some ways it feels more like a process of elimination.

For instance I think K. Rool, despite being more popular than any of those, is being passed over because of Dixie Kong. Understandably, Nintendo would be reluctant to introduce 2 Donkey Kong characters at once, so despite being very popular K. Rool misses out (Inversely, if K. Rool defied my expectations and got in, it'd stop Dixie Kong from being playable).

Similarly I feel the same thing happens to Krystal, because Wolf is so likely to join, Nintendo will avoid having two StarFox DLC characters.

Inkling would be a fine choice, but the game can't even render the ice climbers because of handheld limitations, I feel that to implement them (and do them justice) would be beyond what's currently possible and they'll be left to Smash 5.

Bandana Dee simply didn't have the support when the ballot started. Look back over the early poll results that floated around back then and he simply didn't rank very high. That period, when the ballot was fresh and in the media spotlight, would be when most of the votes were cast. I think Nintendo decided very early on who they would pick, they're not looking at these last minute votes and seriously considering changing their minds.

It's on record that Snake got into Brawl as a favor to Kojima from his friend Sakurai. Now Kojima is gone from Konami, and the company's current direction seems to be going away from video games. He's a veteran so I wouldn't count him out completely but he seems very unlikely in my eyes.

So, when you critically look at the top choices for DLC, in the end you're left with only a few realistic choices. Rayman has by virtue of being popular enough, checking all the right boxes, and not stepping on anyone's toes become a great contended for Smash. Same for Issac, he's not the most popular choice, but he's in a good position strategically.
Thank you. As a fellow Rayman and Wolf supporter, you've lifted up my spirits a ton more than they already were.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I've always had a softspot for the rayman 2 design, he just seems rounder, proportion wise, still can't believe they were gonna keep this design for rayman 3.
xD I agree, as much as I still love his R3 design just as much regardless. I always just interpreted that R2 Ray was younger than R3 Ray, so, he started to get "lean" like how Sonic did over the years. xD

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I've always had a softspot for the rayman 2 design, he just seems rounder, proportion wise, still can't believe they were gonna keep this design for rayman 3.
Both designs are great in their own ways, like Classic and Modern Sonic.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
It looks like out of the 3rd Party Rep threads in Smashboards, Rayman has the most replies right now.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It looks like out of the 3rd Party Rep threads in Smashboards, Rayman has the most replies right now.
We quite literally jumped over 370 pages in a span of 8 months.
Who would've thought that the Rayman thread would've became the biggest 3rd party thread on Smashboards?
I know I didn't.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Who would've thought that the Rayman thread would've became the biggest 3rd party thread on Smashboards?
I know I didn't.
Well, I know I joined pretty late (Late July), but I just wanted to ask all of you: Have I managed to contribute and help you guys here?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I know I joined pretty late (Late July), but I just wanted to ask all of you: Have I managed to contribute and help you guys here?
Of course you have. Being a part of this thread and being our friend means a lot to us all. We are all here together, and whether or not Rayman makes it into this game, it doesn't matter when we have such great friends to hang out together, including you little buddy. :3

louie g

Smash Journeyman
As long as there's still conversation here, you're doing your part!

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
You have posted things here and you have voted for Rayman! of course you have contributed!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, it's the final day guys. We all did our best, and lets hope our voices are heard. No matter what happens, it was an honor being in this thread with all of you.
I know I didn't.
Holy.....
wowzers.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Thank you for the kind words, everyone. It really means a lot to me. I'm just some guy who wants to see one of my favorite characters ever in one of my favorite franchises ever, but I'm glad to have helped out here.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Of course you have. Being a part of this thread and being our friend means a lot to us all. We are all here together, and whether or not Rayman makes it into this game, it doesn't matter when we have such great friends to hang out together, including you little buddy. :3
I had to do it, I love the song.

Of course! You have conversations related to Rayman and more and I pass good times here with all the supporters, I think that every supporter has contributed in their own way.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thank you for the kind words, everyone. It really means a lot to me. I'm just some guy who wants to see one of my favorite characters ever in one of my favorite franchises ever, but I'm glad to have helped out here.
No worries. You're a kind and caring person, and that's what makes you a great friend to us. I hope for the best for Rayman, either for Smash or just more Rayman games, but either way, I'm glad Rayman was how we all got to meet each other, and to meet such a great pal such as you. ^u^

I had to do it, I love the song.

Of course! You have conversations related to Rayman and more and I pass good times here with all the supporters, I think that every supporter has contributed in their own way.
xD HAHAHAHAHA! >U> Oh, you.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
xD HAHAHAHAHA! >U> Oh, you.
The lyrics could be applied for the ballot and all this xD:

"It doesn't matter now what happens I will never give up the fight
There is no way I will run away from all of my frights