• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Found a picture, couldn't find the trailer, but here's what he looked like

Yeaah, pretty anti climactic, especially compared to those fan drawings

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I noticed that, since the second game, it seemed like they really wanted to push the concept of the Teensies, as much as I think they're cool, it still seem like a better idea to just bring back older characters instead.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Found a picture, couldn't find the trailer, but here's what he looked like

Yeaah, pretty anti climactic, especially compared to those fan drawings
That's actually the Magician in disguise. Rayman Origins actually more for a story than we give it credit. The game's files featured an unused script that explained the Magician's motives.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
That's actually the Magician in disguise. Rayman Origins actually more for a story than we give it credit. The game's files featured an unused script that explained the Magician's motives.
Huh, I wonder why they didn't use it. It may be because Origins as a whole has little to no dialogue.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Huh, I wonder why they didn't use it. It may be because Origins as a whole has little to no dialogue.
Still, they could have went with the whole "Raymanese" language in R2 to get pass that, they even had that in the 2D Rayman games. I just think they wanted to just drop any connection to the older Rayman games and make RO and beyond it's own thing, imo.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Still, they could have went with the whole "Raymanese" language in R2 to get pass that, they even had that in the 2D Rayman games. I just think they wanted to just drop any connection to the older Rayman games and make RO and beyond it's own thing, imo.
I just really hope they go back to the style of the old trilogy again, RO/RL are great, but they've REALLY overstayed their welcome.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I just really hope they go back to the style of the old trilogy again, RO/RL are great, but they've REALLY overstayed their welcome.
Thank you. It's the only thing I would really care for if they went back to the Trilogy of Rayman...But I doubt it would happen, but, I can dream I guess?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
^ This, exactly. I'm expecting RL 2.5 someday to happen since R4 seems farfetched now.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
^ This, exactly. I'm expecting RL 2.5 someday to happen since R4 seems farfetched now.
I don't want this.... As much as they have a 3D RO Rayman model, I'd much have that style of Rayman be for 2D only...And R3 Rayman on froward be for 3D.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The whole game was meant to have a different story. It was supposed to be an actual Origin story and took place before Rayman 1. You wonder why Rayman looks crazy? It was a part of his backstory. He and Globox were once immature pests, and as the game went on, they would mature and become the heroes we know now. Instead, they changed the game to a sequel, taking place after Rayman 3. Rayman isn't actually crazy in the Origins games, he's just a simple guy who's dedicated to his job, all while having fun.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Shoot, you could be right, although I found something interesting on the raywiki, it states that at one point in a may interview, the game would show how Mr Dark came to be, also, the magician seems to have a different hat, although it's really similar.

Maybe she mistook the Magician for Mr Dark? Or maybe Mr Dark wasn't shown at all, and that picture really was magician, iunno.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The whole game was meant to have a different story. It was supposed to be an actual Origin story and took place before Rayman 1. You wonder why Rayman looks crazy? It was a part of his backstory. He and Globox were once immature pests, and as the game went on, they would mature and become the heroes we know now. Instead, they changed the game to a sequel, taking place after Rayman 3. Rayman isn't actually crazy in the Origins games, he's just a simple guy who's dedicated to his job, all while having fun.
If that was how things went instead, then I wouldn't have minding this style of Rayman currently...

But they didn't and that's what I don't like in the end. This is why "reboots' for games don't work out in the end. They just alienate what was established and make things "worse" or just branch off for no reason...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If that was how things went instead, then I wouldn't have minding this style of Rayman currently...

But they didn't and that's what I don't like in the end. This is why "reboots' for games don't work out in the end. They just alienate what was established and make that's "worse" or just branch off for no reason...
I wouldn't really call it a "reboot", it's never really been called one by Ubisoft, and I still consider those games to be in the main series.

Also, since you guys liked that Mr. Dark one so much, here's one of Mr. Skops done by the same person.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Are you guys scared and excited as to what will come our way?
Although I'm scared at the thought that Rayman won't make it in, I'm also excited that he has a shot to make it in.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Although I'm scared at the thought that Rayman won't make it in, I'm also excited that he has a shot to make it in.
I'm excited at the possibility of his inclusion, but I'm not scared at all, because even if he doesn't make it in, I'm still glad I was able to support him until the end.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm excited at the possibility of his inclusion, but I'm not scared at all, because even if he doesn't make it in, I'm still glad I was able to support him until the end.
This is kinda my feelings, since I really don't care if he made it in. But hope for the best for the fans either way.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm both excited and scared. Though I'm excited he has a shot, I'm prepared for him possibly not making it in.

AndreaAC

=u= Well, I'm glad the Ballot thing is over, I hope for the best to all of those who want Rayman in Smash. I'm neutral, so, I just wish that we can still talk about anything related to him, separated from Smash if there's another outcome.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
=u= Well, I'm glad the Ballot thing is over, I hope for the best to all of those who want Rayman in Smash. I'm neutral, so, I just wish that we can still talk about anything related to him, separated from Smash if there's another outcome.
I hope the same. Regardless of whatever happens to this ballot thing for you guys, I just wish to hang out together, and that's it, just continue being together for my friends, for Rayman, for you all.

EDIT:

http://anthony-philippeau.deviantart.com/art/Stop-drawing-Rayman-why-563936347

This is his last drawing of Rayman he says.

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I hope the same. Regardless of whatever happens to this ballot thing for you guys, I just wish to hang out together, and that's it, just continue being together for my friends, for Rayman, for you all.

EDIT:

Oh.. no.. that's so sad. He made amazing drawings, I hope one day he'll draw again Rayman related things :(.

Also, It's 3rd here and I can still vote on the ballot, in Japan it's 8:37pm of 3rd, maybe it ends at 11:59pm of the 3rd?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh.. no.. that's so sad. He made amazing drawings, I hope one day he'll draw again Rayman related things :(.

Also, It's 3rd here and I can still vote on the ballot, in Japan it's 8:37pm of 3rd, maybe it ends at 11:59pm of the 3rd?
There was nothing that stated it ended on the 3rd. It said, by the 3rd. It ends after the 3rd.

It really doesn't matter anymore after this point now. But anyone can still do whatever to the ballot thing until later on today.

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
I agree 100% with you! I would have loved to see that as well! Specially because of R1's cuteness and colorful world!
There was a cartoon ya know, it was cancelled after 4 episodes but I still have the DVD at home :p

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I woke up early in the morning to see the Ballot's not even closed yet. Oh, how you tease me Nintendo.

On an off topic, I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles.

AndreaAC

EDIT:

:'c Really? That breaks my heart, really, he is an amazing artist, and well, I understand him wanting to go to reach the big companies like Ubi to work for, I had that dream as a child, but since I became more aware that it isn't as simple as it seems, I at least hope to start with something that helps me to keep myself up, that is, if I finish my career to hopefully become a concept artist, or just a simple logo designer if I can't reach for it. And he isn't that old to get the freakin' diploma, how much would it take him, 3, 5 or 6 years? If I were him, I would try to do it, for the better, many adults have done that.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
There was a cartoon ya know, it was cancelled after 4 episodes but I still have the DVD at home :p
...Yeah, I think we know about that old thing... Something that's a bit more updated from that, with more characters from the actual game would be nice.

Top Bottom