• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
No, it's not. It's likely made by another known 3D modeler, as mostly everyone in the leaks thread is claiming it fake.

Ex, We think it's by this artist, the same one that did the Metal Mario "Leak"

http://nibroc-rock.deviantart.com/
Maybe it's just me, but the render of that artist looks more "metallic", while, from what I could judge in the leak thingy, it looked way softer. But who knows? Maybe he could change the material/texture and voila. It's just a possibility.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I've checked, and his render looks nothing like the render of this one, as of now anyway.
I was mostly just passing the notion that people think it was by him, there's another modeler (both also has accounts here) that could have just made them up.

Maybe it's just me, but the render of that artist looks more "metallic", while, from what I could judge in the leak thingy, it looked way softer. But who knows? Maybe he could change the material/texture and voila. It's just a possibility.
That's a good point as well, as that could be a reason for it, too.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Excuse the double post, but just to put some closure on the whole Shovel Knight thing.

I was right, technically. That was the same model made by that artist I posted before, but someone else had made the "leak" using it and like Andrea said, changed the lighting and stuff to make it look like it's in Smash.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Excuse the double post, but just to put some closure on the whole Shovel Knight thing.

I was right, technically. That was the same model made by that artist I posted before, but someone else had made the "leak" using it and like Andrea said, changed the lighting and stuff to make it look like it's in Smash.
Well, I'm a genius for suspecting that material/texture change. =u= awesome.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Well no 'material' was changed for this particular render but it does look like they added some strange lighting effects which do look like they could change the material of Shovel Knight's armor. Really the only thing that's different is the pose and the lighting.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
*sigh*

We're only a few weeks away from the end of the Ballot, and the more time I spend on the Internet, the more hate I get.

It has nothing to do with Rayman, it's just that everywhere I turn, someone is pissed off because of me. There's a limit to how much hate I can take, and that limit is just about reached.

Furret24

Smash Master
*sigh*

We're only a few weeks away from the end of the Ballot, and the more time I spend on the Internet, the more hate I get.

It has nothing to do with Rayman, it's just that everywhere I turn, someone is pissed off because of me. There's a limit to how much hate I can take, and that limit is just about reached.
What did you do?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Nothing involving Smash that's confirmed to happen other that what we know of, the Super Mario Maker stage for Smash Bros DLC.
As usual.
Sakurai is REALLY testing my patience. I'm usually a patient guy and I know that you can't rush greatness, but going three months without a new character is tough.
Oh well. In the end, it'll be worth the wait.
That said, I'm REALLY excited for a potential news blowout on the character DLC. Imagine King K. Rool and Rayman being unveiled on the same day.

AndreaAC

I like the pixelated look on this one, but, for some reason, I feel that his left hand is backwards.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I don't think I've introduced myself to this thread specifically as of yet, but hi all. Rayman is currently number 5 on my top 5 list of characters I want to see as DLC (next to Shantae, Bandana Dee, King K. Rool, and Issac, respectively). I can very much see the limbless hero getting in, if Ubisoft and Nintendo are able to maintain a positive relationship again. He's also be the next "Man" if he were to get in, next to Mega Man and Pac Man, so that would be pretty cool. Also, although the only Rayman game I've played is Rayman Legends, the franchise itself is great! If you guys have a support list, go ahead and add me to it. :3

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

The ties are getting stronger and even more stronger with these companies especially now with Project X Zone 2 and Smash Bros 4. I in all honesty never realized how much all of these companies had worked together at some point. Whether for video games or another source of media. All of these guys had crossover at some point. Makes you wonder where Rayman would fit, Mario maybe? Since there were costumes in Rayman Legends. Again it wonder when will Ubisoft let their franchises crossover with another besides Smash? Would Ubisoft ever work with any of these companies besides Nintendo and outside of Smash?

Last edited:
Top Bottom