• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, after taking a day off just to releive myself from stress, here's something I drew in the meantime.
Ly9.png

Yeah, sorry for the sadness of the image, but this was what I wanted to do from my previous mood yesterday. But whatever, what's done is done.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Lol what? He isn't even being rude or anything. He's just stating his opinion and they're quite civil anyway.
I do know him and I think he, I and the rest on this site have something better to do than telling him 'to f**** off'
have a nice day c:

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I had a dream last night. It was very brief but during it, there was a Nintendo Direct and the one part that remember seeing was a bunch of upcoming amiibos. Two of them were Rayman and Solid Snake, but they weren't shown as playable.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Well, after taking a day off just to releive myself from stress, here's something I drew in the meantime.
View attachment 75178

Yeah, sorry for the sadness of the image, but this was what I wanted to do from my previous mood yesterday. But whatever, what's done is done.
Sorry to hear that. Here's something that I play to cheer me up. Maybe it'll cheer you up as well?
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fsouterraintransmissions%2Fshugo-tokumaru-rum-hee-1 both of those are good.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
View attachment 75178

Very sorry to hear that, I hope today will be better.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'm more hyped for the 30th than for the 3rd, I wonder what Mii costumes we'll see and which stage will come along with the SMM Stage, about the ballot, I don't know how will they go with it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm more hyped for the 30th than for the 3rd, I wonder what Mii costumes we'll see and which stage will come along with the SMM Stage, about the ballot, I don't know how will they go with it.
I'll like it if something based on other franchises got more Mii things as costumes, like Tails or Knuckles for Sonic, Megaman has Roll, etc. :)

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Considering that this thread gets posts added everyday, it will probably happen.
It's incredible how far we've come.
We went from being a small thread for an underdog to being a huge thread for one of the most popular third parties.
I think we've done all we can to get Rayman in Smash.
All we have to do is wait and see if that effort pays off.
It's easy to be pessimistic because there's been so little news lately, but you can honestly say that for other characters.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to say that I hope everyone will be able to keep a level head in the events of a possible troll invasion should Rayman not win the Ballot. I've seen what happened to the original Ridley support thread last year and it was not pretty. The game was released, people livestreamed the process of unlocking all the characters in the base game, and all the people hating on the character just swarmed that thread with hate posts, and unfortunately the supporters fell for the trolls bait and that thread had been closed. I don't want that to happen here as well if Rayman isn't announced, since I'm worried that something similar might happen once the results of the Fighter Ballot are revealed and all/most of the character support threads for other potential DLC characters that didn't get picked might endure. And there's a lot of support threads on here that might get some nasty backlash from those haters/trolls that love to cause chaos on these forums.

But that's in the event that Rayman isn't among the one(s) announced to becoming DLC through the FIghter Ballot. If he does get in we can all cheer and celebrate and make even more awesome Rayman fanart!

(sorry if this post seemed a bit melodramatic, I just wanted to voice my concerns about what may or may not happen in the near future. Kinda wish I had a Monado to help see visions of the future:4shulk:)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I just wanted to say that I hope everyone will be able to keep a level head in the events of a possible troll invasion should Rayman not win the Ballot. I've seen what happened to the original Ridley support thread last year and it was not pretty. The game was released, people livestreamed the process of unlocking all the characters in the base game, and all the people hating on the character just swarmed that thread with hate posts, and unfortunately the supporters fell for the trolls bait and that thread had been closed. I don't want that to happen here as well if Rayman isn't announced, since I'm worried that something similar might happen once the results of the Fighter Ballot are revealed and all/most of the character support threads for other potential DLC characters that didn't get picked might endure. And there's a lot of support threads on here that might get some nasty backlash from those haters/trolls that love to cause chaos on these forums.

But that's in the event that Rayman isn't among the one(s) announced to becoming DLC through the FIghter Ballot. If he does get in we can all cheer and celebrate and make even more awesome Rayman fanart!

(sorry if this post seemed a bit melodramatic, I just wanted to voice my concerns about what may or may not happen in the near future. Kinda wish I had a Monado to help see visions of the future:4shulk:)
As a previous veteran Ridley supporter, if trolls just come here and stuff, don't bother with them, just be happy to have Rayman a part of your history and childhoods, that's what's matters most then a "spot" in a spinoff game. If anyone get's upset from other people that comes in here just to make others feel bad, I will feel really upset that this thread comes to that, as I was already upset with Ridley's case seeing so many people that a video game so seriously like that, so, I PRAY you all stay calm and just continue to do what we always done here ,be good friends and making art and have fun being Rayman fans.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

I can definitely see the latte part happening. In fact, I think I know who Mr. Dark really is all this time. Remember the posters of him in 'The Reveal'?

Now look at Bill. Could it be that Mr. Dark was simply one of Bill's aliases and we never knew about it until now?

BTW, here's a request that Jamo did for me:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I can definitely see the latte part happening. In fact, I think I know who Mr. Dark really is all this time. Remember the posters of him in 'The Reveal'?

Now look at Bill. Could it be that Mr. Dark was simply one of Bill's aliases and we never knew about it until now?

=u= Dammit, I was going to post that, didn't know you asked him to draw it though, nice suggestion, I love "Donkey Clark" xD

And well, that could very well be the case for Mr. Dark.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Cool pic xD And Teensiechu made me laugh!

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Lol I just got my uncle who's into Rayman Origins to vote for Rayman in smash bros.
Last week last resorts.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Samus Globox is like the best thing ever.
Betilla looks pretty good in Pit's outfit as well.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

I love this pic, all the gang together and with Nintendo outfits, Awesome (I really love the pics where all the Rayman gang is together, and not like these years, that they use only Rayman Legends characters :c)

AndreaAC

I love this pic, all the gang together and with Nintendo outfits, Awesome (I really love the pics where all the Rayman gang is together, and not like these years, that they use only Rayman Legends characters :c)
Yeah, it is sad, really. :v specially knowing Ly's and Clark's case.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Yeah, it is sad, really. :v specially knowing Ly's and Clark's case.
Yeah. I really don't like that they're pretty much only focusing on the RO/RL universe nowadays. I hope they bring the characters from the original trilogy back as well.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm honestly surprised they haven't brought Clark back. Out of all the old characters, he fits the most in the Origins/Legends artstyle.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
it's probably a case of:
'If we bring him back... what purpose would he have... I can't think of anything... nah we'll stick with betilla and her sisters'

AndreaAC

Yeah. I really don't like that they're pretty much only focusing on the RO/RL universe nowadays. I hope they bring the characters from the original trilogy back as well.
Ubi really should, for me, they were iconic and memorable. Ly for obvious reasons, and Clark because he was an adorable and gentle giant. :< having to fight with him in R2 really made me sad.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Ubi really should, for me, they were iconic and memorable. Ly for obvious reasons, and Clark because he was an adorable and gentle giant. :< having to fight with him in R2 really made me sad.
And bring back the old villains as well. Razorbeard, Mr. Dark, Reflux and Andre were all awesome.

AndreaAC

And bring back the old villains as well. Razorbeard, Mr. Dark, Reflux and Andre were all awesome.
That is what R4 should have, I mean, they were even going to put Dark Rayman in there! :v and the concept art of his environment was beautiful!

Top Bottom