• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
*slams stub on table*
WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT MY BABIES
It's pretty much impossible to get them this time around. They tried everything, even changing the game's gravity. Here's the source. http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/09/i-answer-some-questions-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-461-464/
Not even Sonic can escape from Jano.
I want to see some Generations mods with Rayman levels now.
You know, Sonic and Rayman would mesh really well in a crossover.

If he can't get into an actual platforming game with Mario, I'd love to see one with Rayman.
No, what we need is Mario, Sonic, and Rayman at the Olympic Games. :troll:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's pretty much impossible to get them this time around. They tried everything, even changing the game's gravity. Here's the source. http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/09/i-answer-some-questions-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-461-464/

I want to see some Generations mods with Rayman levels now.

No, what we need is Mario, Sonic, and Rayman at the Olympic Games. :troll:
It's pretty ignorant of him to not put them in the Wii U version, at least. Most people that buy DLC are hardcore fans anyways. There is absolutely nothing to lose seeing as how he had them running and presumably fully animated on the Wii U version. What a waste to have a nearly complete character scrapped for the sake of another system.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's pretty ignorant of him to not put them in the Wii U version, at least. Most people that buy DLC are hardcore fans anyways. There is absolutely nothing to lose seeing as how he had them running and presumably fully animated on the Wii U version. What a waste to have a nearly complete character scrapped for the sake of another system.
I can see were he comes from, but even I'll admit the Ice Climbers had the most unfair cut.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Give ICies to Wii U
Give Balloon Fighter or some other NES mate to 3DS
Everyone wins
Except for those stingy people who find out NES Rep is OP and can't be on Wii U
*sad music for them*

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Do you guys think the Ice Climbers will return if Smash 4 gets ported to NX with exclusive characters?

Also, what other characters do you think could be NX exclusive? Chorus Men, perhaps?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I highly doubt Sm4sh will get ported to NX. If it does, though, it better be worthwhile. I don't want another Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 deal happening here.

And yes ICs will definitely be in at the soonest possibility. I think Chorus Men is a good guess. I would kind of hope there is more characters that were considered for the Wii U version but were cut that would make the NX version as well.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
ThePenguinGamer0 said:
Unlikely (Almost Impossible):
Shantae
eeehhh not want to pop your bubble but she's looking extremely likely at this point.her chances are way higher than shovel knight's will ever be

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
eeehhh not want to pop your bubble but she's looking extremely likely at this point.her chances are way higher than shovel knight's will ever be
I'd say Shantae and Rayman are on equal terms when it comes to fan demand. I mean, it's as if they're neck and neck.

As for the Ice Climbers, it's sad to see that they tried everything, yet couldn't get them to work. Granted, I was never a fan of them and never used them (besides, Rosalina and Luma are a better version of the Ice Climbers), so it's not a huge loss in my eyes.

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Man, I've been listening to Rayman OST for the past hour. I remember this track so well.

I'm proud to say that I did vote for Rayman in the Smash Ballot and really hope he is a future DLC character. Rayman has been part of my childhood and I've had fond memories playing Rayman 1, 2 and 3. I haven't played Origins or Legends though, but nostalgia keeps bringing me back to the older games. x_x

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I'd say Shantae, Rayman and Banjo are the 3rd party characters with the most support at the moment which is good.

Edit: Lucariodude welcome to the glade!

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Man, I've been listening to Rayman OST for the past hour. I remember this track so well.

I'm proud to say that I did vote for Rayman in the Smash Ballot and really hope he is a future DLC character. Rayman has been part of my childhood and I've had fond memories playing Rayman 1, 2 and 3. I haven't played Origins or Legends though, but nostalgia keeps bringing me back to the older games. x_x
You should definitely give Legends a shot. It's my favorite sidescrolling platformer on the Wii U, and for good reason!

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Rayman Adventures is aparently already out in New Zealand for whatever reason.
Have some gameplay!
Might I add the game looks great? no? well I will anyway

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Meanwhile, I suddenly got assaulted by the Miiverse Admins and got a Ban and a Console Ban warning in the past 5 minutes
I'm kinda confused at the moment

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Have some gameplay!
Nice to see that his original clothes are back, as "Classic Ray", imagine that he's going to use those clothes in the new games and that's because it's called "Classic" Ray... Jk xD. I saw the video and I thought it was different, because the first time I saw the trailer I thought: "Why didn't they release it on consoles?" And now I know why they didn't with the gameplay video. But I love it, I wish I had a mobile with iOS.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I hope his trophy, starpower, demand, and this help push Sakurai over the edge to include Rayman in Smash.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
the Japanese boxart looks very pretty.. but Rayman's feet are way too high up so I prefer the western one.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I am now imagining the Terminator theme being sung by the Rabbids.

It's horrifying.
I can do a pretty good Rabbid impression, so I know exactly how that would sound.

The colors of this piece are lovely.
Wow, I love how lively the artwork is, do you have a link to the artist? I want to post this next week on Operation Rayfall.
Have some gameplay!
You know, I wonder why this is just for iOS and Android? I could easily see this for the E-Shop or PSN, either way, looks really good so far.
Agreed.
Speaking of which, what boxart of Rayman Legends do you guys prefer?
Personally, I prefer this over the Japanese boxart.
I prefer the U.S. one too, though I do like how colorful the Japanese box is.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I can do a pretty good Rabbid impression, so I know exactly how that would sound.

Wow, I love how lively the artwork is, do you have a link to the artist? I want to post this next week on Operation Rayfall.

You know, I wonder why this is just for iOS and Android? I could easily see this for the E-Shop or PSN, either way, looks really good so far.

I prefer the U.S. one too, though I do like how colorful the Japanese box is.
:) Of course, there it is http://kna.deviantart.com/art/Rayman-545290570

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Have some gameplay!
I'm watching this video, and this "Vern" ( I guess) creature seems to share some animal sound effects from R3 I believe... kinda a higher pitched version of these creatures from Razoff's Mansion;

It also sounds an awful lot like a Luma from Super Mario Galaxy.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I created an entire article about getting Rayman into Smash if you guys want to read it. Think of it as something that could be in a newspaper.

YOU CAN HELP AN ICONIC VIDEO GAME CHARACTER BECOME THE NEXT SUPER SMASH BROS. FIGHTER!!!

Nintendo recently opened a ballot for their popular crossover fighting game, Super Smash Brothers, to see who fans want to fight alongside the likes of Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man, and other legendary video game characters.

If there's one character that deserves to fight these legends, it's Rayman.

Rayman has been in many platform games since his debut in 1995 with the game of the same name. This critically acclaimed character has been loved by fans for just how goofy and fun he is. His latest appearances in Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends has given him even more popularity in the modern-day gaming industry. The games dare to be silly even when the rest of the industry is dark and gritty, which means he would fit perfectly in the bright, colorful worlds of Nintendo.

Due to Super Smash Bros. being a fighting game, Rayman would need an original moveset if he was to be included. Fortunately, Rayman could have one of the most original movesets in the game.

This character has no limbs. You heard me correctly. He has no arms, legs, or neck. What does this mean for his moveset, you ask? His lack of limbs means that he can be a long-range fighter and attack opponents from a long distance. He can also use his hair as a helicopter. Is there anything this guy can't do? This ability can be used for recovery when Rayman is knocked off the stage. He also has an obsession with plums, his favorite fruit. He can drop one on an opponent's head if he is above them, and use it to reach high platforms.

Ever since his first game, the worlds of the Rayman games have been some of the most creative ones the gaming industry has ever seen. The character lives in the Glade of Dreams, a world with crazy jungle creatures, giant music instruments and pencils, and underground kitchens with spicy Mexican food. Let's just say that there are a lot of options when it comes to stages for Rayman.

If you do vote for this character, you might question how likely his chances are to get in Super Smash Brothers. Rayman is not owned by Nintendo, something that only few playable characters in the game can say. Fortunately, the game's creator, Masahiro Sakurai, has already made Rayman and his friends unlockable in-game trophies, so he has the rights to make this character playable on the roster of over 50 characters.

So how can you help get Rayman in Smash? It's simple, actually. First, go to "www.smashbros.com" and scroll down until you see the button that says "Smash Bros. Figher Ballot". Once you're on the page, choose your gender in the first box. In the second and third boxes where it asks for the character you're voting for and where this character comes from, type "Rayman" for both. In the last box where it asks you to give a reason for the character's inclusion, write down any one of the reasons I've stated in this article. After you've completed filling out the page, click "confirm" and you're done!

If we all work together and vote, there is a chance that we may see one of gaming's most iconic characters join Super Smash Bros.

What do you think?

Top Bottom