• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Looks good. Covers most of the arguments against him. I think it's also worth mentioning that Video's trophy received an explanation, unlike the three Rayman trophies.
I don't think CommanderVideo is going to get in just due to the simple fact that his developer practically begged Sakurai to make him a trophy.
Combine that with his lack of support and star power, and CommanderVideo has no chance of getting in.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
This was posted in the Shantae thread and I want to share this image around with you guys.
I like this image.

It gives me a chance to see who's likely and who's unlikely.

Extremely Likely:
King K. Rool
Wolf

Likely:
Rayman
Bandana Dee
Krystal
Issac (That orange-haired dude to the bottom right looks like Issac, but it might be Chrono.)
Dixie Kong

Unlikely:
Daisy
Toad
Paper Mario
Snake
Eggman
Tails
Knuckles
Banjo-Kazooie
Proto-Man
Sceptile

Extremely Unlikely (Almost Impossible):
Ridley (Of course.)
Waluigi
Geno
Mallow
Fawful
Shadow
Shantae
Black Mage
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Young Link
Pichu
Gooey (Really?)
Chrono (If that is him.)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Now THIS is interesting news:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gravity-falls-getting-3ds-exclusive-platformer-bui/1100-6428774/
Not only is Ubisoft publishing the game, but it's an exclusive to the 3DS that is built on the UbiArt engine.
It may not be Rayman related, but it's worth mentioning because it's an exclusive to the 3DS.
Oh, my girlfriend is going to flip. She adores Gravity Falls, and I love it too, but to not to the extent that she does. It could also be her first step into how Rayman works. I doubt the game will be as challenging as Origins or Legends, but still, good use of the engine.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Anything new and significant announced at Comic Con?
What are you expecting to see at the Comic Con?

Me: FTWD, TWD, Mockingjay Pt.2, The 5th wave and Idk if anything more.

I don't expect anything related with videogames (apart from those teasers of Street Fighter).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Working on the model to increase quality of polys and textures. Still needs some work but I have improved previous problems to the best of my ability with the textures prior to smoothing out the model.

Last edited:

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
Some Sonic and Rayman art:

Omg, the beauty ;-; my two favorite childhood characters together! Idk how, but i'm so making this my signature XD

Working on the model to increase quality of polys and textures. Still needs some work but I have fixed previous problems with the textures prior to smoothing out the model.
Wow that looks really good o__o very nice work my friend lol

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Have we ever gotten something Rayman related at previous Comic Cons?
I think a trailer was revealed during Origins and Legends, that's about it.

Working on the model to increase quality of polys and textures. Still needs some work but I have improved previous problems to the best of my ability with the textures prior to smoothing out the model.
Wow, the hands especially look a lot better, great work. Love the textures too.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

His hands look smooth as heck, :D AMAZING!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You know, Sonic and Rayman would mesh really well in a crossover.

If he can't get into an actual platforming game with Mario, I'd love to see one with Rayman.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
:| What? I was bored and I couldn't take the idea out of my head! Now I know why RL Rayman wanted to join Edward's brotherhood, not because of "saving the world from evil" deal, but for the rum. xD
xD It's nothing, I'm just...didn't see that coming, I honestly was dying of laughing for a while. Haha. x3

I guess Origin's Ray looks for other things than Lums, that ends with um...Rum in this case. xD

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I found this to be rather amusing.

I really like it. Good job.
Just out of curiosity, but did you intentionally make him perform the pose from the original Rayman boxart?
If so, that's a nice touch.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Just out of curiosity, but did you intentionally make him perform the pose from the original Rayman boxart?
xD Did Rayman just really speak French? Haha! How appropriate.

And yes, it was intentionally based on Ray's R1 pose.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

That "mon ami" killed me

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Given that next week will mark one year since the Rayman trophy reveal, it makes you wonder if Sakurai will finally reveal why he put them in the game on his weekly Famitsu column next week.
After all, he just revealed today the situation regarding the Ice Climbers.
I want him to spill the beans on why those trophies were added.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Given that next week will mark one year since the Rayman trophy reveal, it makes you wonder if Sakurai will finally reveal why he put them in the game on his weekly Famitsu column next week.
If Sakurai wants to add him as a playable character and not spoil the surprise, he probably won't.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That was an older article, I believe. Still, I'd like some closure too.

Top Bottom