• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Funny since I see Rayman as the SpongeBob of video game mascots because of his unusual design and his happy-go-lucky personality. Not to mention, the jokes and logic don't make sense, much like SpongeBob.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Here's some R4 art I've found.

And I know this one was shown before, but I noticed something I didn't before.

I noticed "Dark Rayman" on some of the pillars in the background. So I guess D. Ray was going to appeared in R4, and this may have been his liar or something...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Here's some R4 art I've found.

And I know this one was shown before, but I noticed something I didn't before.

I noticed "Dark Rayman" on some of the pillars in the background. So I guess D. Ray was going to appeared in R4, and this may have been his liar or something...
.u. Oh...that was also already known...but, beautiful art, I wish I could do that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Those concept arts are pretty cool. I would have loved to play through such levels if the game they were in was made.

AndreaAC

Indeed so, it's quite amazing that so much thought was put into R4, it's something I'm astonished was canceled for after all that was planned...
Yeah, they wasted all the potential it probably would have had, I don't know, it would have been the perfect Rayman game since it combined elements from the Original Trilogy. I think it was because it lacked of enemies and then the Rabbids came to the scene.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, they wasted all the potential it probably would have had, I don't know, it would have been the perfect Rayman game since it combined elements from the Original Trilogy. I think it was because it lacked of enemies and then the Rabbids came to the scene.
Yeah, besides "Dark Rayman" I wonder what enemies could have been thought of for R4? They went from "Inhabitants" in R1, to Robots in R3, then "Scarecrow" like creatures the Black Lums transform into...it's quite intriguing what could have came next....if it wasn't going to be the Rabbids...

And something strange I found...

http://leonjoosen.com/portfolio/storyboards/ - Look for Rayman under the tad on the left side of the page to see some weird story plot thing...

http://leonjoosen.com/portfolio/film-and-tv/ - Same here for some "film and tv" concept... it's really weird looking...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah, besides "Dark Rayman" I wonder what enemies could have been thought of for R4? They went from "Inhabitants" in R1, to Robots in R3, then "Scarecrow" like creatures the Black Lums transform into...it's quite intriguing what could have came next....if it wasn't going to be the Rabbids...

http://leonjoosen.com/portfolio/storyboards/ - Look for Rayman under the tad on the left side of the page to see some weird story plot thing...

http://leonjoosen.com/portfolio/film-and-tv/ - Same here for some "film and tv" concept... it's really weird looking...
oh, sorry, I can't see it because I deactivated Flash player since it was said there was some problem regarding it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
oh, sorry, I can't see it because I deactivated Flash player since it was said there was some problem regarding it.
xD Oh, no worries. It's not something important really, just something done with a story concept of some kind, nothing special.

But here' something special. :)

I wish I had that backpack. :3

AndreaAC

xD Oh, no worries. It's not something important really, just something done with a story concept of some kind, nothing special.

But here' something special. :)

I wish I had that backpack. :3
o.o Oh, I forgot about those, and all the things would be mostly for me. too bad the backpack wouldn't be able to handle the weight of my laptop.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
o.o Oh, I forgot about those, and all the things would be mostly for me. too bad the backpack wouldn't be able to handle the weight of my laptop.
>u> Would this be for you as well?

xD

And something else funny lookin';

xD It's kinda blurry sadly, but it's a Black Lum plushie, despite it saying it's suppose to be Andre.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

>u> Would this be for you as well?

xD

And something else funny lookin';

xD It's kinda blurry sadly, but it's a Black Lum plushie, despite it saying it's suppose to be Andre.
Both would be for me. Including the Black Lum plush, it looks pretty cute, even if his derping is intense. xD

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Both would be for me. Including the Black Lum plush, it looks pretty cute, even if his derping is intense. xD
xD Oh, you. Stop taking everything. .u.

And GEEZUS CHRIST, this is really high quality. o_o

I guess it's a manual of some kind...

Actually, it's a poster I think. o.o

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

I love it! :love:

In the second image at the bottom right, that render of Rayman is the first time I see and it looks like the same pose used for Rayman's trophy.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

They make Rayman sound as though he's the ruler of a forbidden land when it says he's fighting the pirates to preserve his kingdom.:laugh:
He's not a king, Ubisoft!:facepalm:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Funny since I see Rayman as the SpongeBob of video game mascots because of his unusual design and his happy-go-lucky personality. Not to mention, the jokes and logic don't make sense, much like SpongeBob.
I hope you mean that Rayman's the Spongebob of the GOOD era. The one video game character I can see representing as the current BAD Spongebob is Sonic. No offense, though.

So this was suppose to be the pilot of the Rayman TV show, namely the episode "No Parking". Well, I'm glad that the final version doesn't look like that. Rayman's design looks nothing like he does now.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The show was good, the one thing I hated was his companions, I didn't like them xD, I'd like to see a show like the one they created but with Globox, Ly, Clark, Teensies and other characters.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
At least the cartoon didn't have any sexual innuendos that would become the subject of memes.
I mean, just look at what happened to Donkey Kong.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I wasn't expecting the thread to explode like this when I came back...

I love it! :love:

In the second image at the bottom right, that render of Rayman is the first time I see and it looks like the same pose used for Rayman's trophy.
Heh, you're right. :3 But it looks much better with R2 Ray and the R3 one I did before compared to the Smash version...

Also...Something...wierd I found...

...What, the heck, did I just watched? o__O

Well, at least the ending was funny with the Rabbids part...and it does explain why Rayman when crazy in Origins later on...

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

The first image almost looks like it's box art for a Ubisoft system. Wonder how that would have turned out.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Heh, you're right. :3 But it looks much better with R2 Ray and the R3 one I did before compared to the Smash version...

Well, at least the ending was funny with the Rabbids part...and it does explain why Rayman when crazy in Origins later on...
Agreed, the one you did is better than the Smash one xD.

And I saw that from MAD, it's weird.. and funny xD.

AndreaAC

Agreed, the one you did is better than the Smash one xD.

And I saw that from MAD, it's weird.. and funny xD.
xD I miss watching MAD, hehe, my dad said he used to read the original magazines of it. And I wonder why they put Betilla as Rayman's wife in that parody o_o I mean...she's his mother.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD I miss watching MAD, hehe, my dad said he used to read the original magazines of it. And I wonder why they put Betilla as Rayman's wife in that parody o_o I mean...she's his mother.
Thank you, they clearly didn't know about Rayman 1 or something... But same here, I loved watching MAD back in the day. xD

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Me too.. I miss the weird and funny things of MAD xD. And yeah, it's weird that Betilla is Rayman's Wife and the teensies are their sons.. xD.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Me too.. I miss the weird and funny things of MAD xD. And yeah, it's weird that Betilla is Rayman's Wife and the teensies are their sons.. xD.
xD Those were the days, indeed. :3

Well, if there's something from that video of Rayman, at least they didn't have the Rabbids or those "Globox Kids" in RRR as their "children"....or Ly as Rayman's "mother" instead of Betilla.... .__.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD Those were the days, indeed. :3

Well, if there's something from that video of Rayman, at least they didn't have the Rabbids or those "Globox Kids" in RRR as their "children"....or Ly as Rayman's "mother" instead of Betilla.... .__.
<u< but I bet you have loved it if Ly was Ray's wife instead.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice

Omg I remember that :D I loved how Rayman beat up the rabbits partly for trying to steal his franchise XD

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I can't believe we're freaking halfway through the Smash Ballot.

Anyone want to help with some advertisements?

You guys can also help by giving me reasons Rayman should be in Smash so I could tell my friends.

Top Bottom