• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ah, so another Legends game was going to be made next. But it being on Mobile does makes things particularthat maybe the console version might be something bigger. I wouldn't go as far as R4, but maybe something as big as a 2.5D Rayman O/L game might be done, since they are still pushing the O/L Rayman formula.

I was going to point that out that the ship, imo, reminds me of Razorbeards ship, just more...viking styled. xD But seeing that new Ray design up close, it does looks like something out of AC;

In fact, I'd say it's heavily inspired from this DLC outfit as well. Seems fitting since Ubisoft's AC is the new "Rabbids" of this time, popularity wise, but luckily is WAY less annoying and doesn't put Rayman in games that mess with his gameplay styles.

Also gotta admit, before I thought about the AC outfit, I thought with the white gloves gone with those kinds, it reminded me of this...

View attachment 60550
It really seems Ubisoft/Michel Ancel wanted Rayman to have these gloves...and I still don't like them over his white ones...

And now that you say that, it makes my comic drawing I posted yesterday perfect timing that a game get's announced the next day.

Well, it was said somewhere that Sakurai would want to have DLC free for the sake of making people sure it's not added content that was "held back" from the initial release. Or something like that somewhere. But hey, Ray does have like 3 trophies ingame, so they could did that, just because.

Pretty much my opinion as well.

If the game is the same as the previous (well, it kinda is) but have wind gimmicks and enemy placement that's BS to make it more "Difficult", then maybe it would be Rayman Legends 2: The Lost Levels.

Heaven forbid...
Late reply but, ._. if the outfit is based on Edward's, why they put the gloves?
Edward_turntable1.jpg

He doesn't have any. And...
SHAY RAY ARNO.jpg

<u< My R3 Shay Ray is way better.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Late reply but, ._. if the outfit is based on Edward's, why they put the gloves?
View attachment 60586
He doesn't have any. And...
View attachment 60587
<u< My R3 Shay Ray is way better.
I know, but that's why I posted that scrapped concept of R4/RRR Rayman, as he had those gloves, and I happen to notice that's the same ones since that version of Rayman. It's even brown like in Rayman Adventures and the DLC of Rayman Legends. But everything else, the outfit's style and his shoes looks quite similar to Edward's's attire, if not the same thing, the shoes being that same thing. xD

And of course, your stuff is always better. :3

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I think it's enough with 5 games using the Ubiart engine, It would be nice that they use the Ubiart for mobile games, but I think that it's time to see a 3D Rayman game, we've seen Rayman back to 2D games and was awesome, it's time to the 3D platformers.

AndreaAC

I think it's enough with 5 games using the Ubiart engine, It would be nice that they use the Ubiart for mobile games, but I think that it's time to see a 3D Rayman game, we've seen Rayman back to 2D games and was awesome, it's time to the 3D platformers.
I totally agree. :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, I totally agree. As I knew the next game they'd make would be Legends 2, I figured it would, I hope the next game goes 3D now, so we can see something the fans really wants.

I totally agree. :)
:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This. This right here.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Btw, what do you think about the CGI trailer of Rayman Adventures?

I really liked it, but seeing it again, I think that Rayman looks better in the Legends CGI:

AndreaAC

I know, but that's why I posted that scrapped concept of R4/RRR Rayman, as he had those gloves, and I happen to notice that's the same ones since that version of Rayman. It's even brown like in Rayman Adventures and the DLC of Rayman Legends. But everything else, the outfit's style and his shoes looks quite similar to Edward's's attire, if not the same thing, the shoes being that same thing. xD

And of course, your stuff is always better. :3
xD You know what would fit more with Edward's outfit?

Mostly because of this...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I really liked it, but seeing it again, I think that Rayman looks better in the Legends CGI:

Something about his face bothers me there...Imo, it seems like they tried to re proportion it to a more 3D friendly size, but still... But it's ok I guess...still prefer R3 more though...
xD You know what would fit more with Edward's outfit?

Mostly because of this...
xD Oh you. I never thought of that before.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Rayman always looks strange in modern 3D enviroments.
Just look at Smesh.
(Rayman 3 and/or RR model return when)

AndreaAC

Something about his face bothers me there...Imo, it seems like they tried to re proportion it to a more 3D friendly size, but still... But it's ok I guess...still prefer R3 more though...

xD Oh you. I never thought of that before.
rayman_adventure.jpg

...Good Lord, please have mercy... .__.

Top Bottom