• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
He looks like a pirate for some reason

guys you know what you have to do here!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Uh..... Rayman?
You look different...
The guy who made that cool looking render is giving out the model to everyone who can actually use it! SFM guys and modelers. this is your chance to make something amazing!
WAT
*waddles over to deviantart*

EDIT:

upload_2015-7-7_12-57-21.png

[Waiting for a reply from Modeler Guy Intensifies]
Yes, I know that's a giant TV with a Keyboard glued to it
SFM didn't give me any models for a laptop, ok

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Look at the captain of the ship, could he be Barbara's dad? xD.

Seeing it again, I like that "new" design for Rayman (But only for this game) it reminds me of Assassin's Creed and the pirates suits of it, but in the other hand I hate that they cut his O symbol from his torso.

I also like that this is a adventure/platformer game and not a "Running" game where you only have to jump.

I hope we see a new Rayman game for the consoles soon.

Looks like Ubisoft liked Ryu's Bandana from Smash:

Btw Rayman, where are your nails?

xD.

What I think:

Maybe they're going to make a new game without Barbara, but because they created her in the last console game they wanted to part from her with an exclusive game for her and Rayman.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
3 things I dislike about this new game;
  1. Rayman's design is "Eeeeeehhhh...", hoping there's a way to go Classic Ray
  2. Where the hell is Globox
  3. Could/Could've put it on the eShop as a small-priced "spin-off", considering it follows the actual Rayman platforming formula

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
3 things I dislike about this new game;
  1. Rayman's design is "Eeeeeehhhh...", hoping there's a way to go Classic Ray
  2. Where the hell is Globox
  3. Could/Could've put it on the eShop as a small-priced "spin-off", considering it follows the actual Rayman platforming formula
From what I've read, it's a Free to Play.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I am liking Rayman's 'adventurer' look. it's good (I'm sure there'll be skins-a-plenty tho so classic Ray is a given)

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
SmashRiver64 said:
I like it too, but I wish that Rayman's normal design was the default pattern
All we've seen is just Adventure Ray :I
Don't worry all the mobile games have been filled with skins I am sure we'll get classic Ray

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
it is though. it's just on mobile that's all
The day a mobile "game" can be compared to an actual game is the day a home video can be called a feature length film.

Plus I can't play it anyway because of the whole not being on consoles thing.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
hah thanks for sharing that on here haha

haha that's almost nostalgic now =p

The guy who made that cool looking render is giving out the model to everyone who can actually use it! SFM guys and modelers. this is your chance to make something amazing!

edit: NEW RAYMAN GAME ANNOUNCED!

Well, I can't say that I'm disappointed in this, yet I'm not too pleased about this either. Once again, Ubisoft has yanked us Rayman fans' chains. Granted, I'm not extremely disappointed about this, but I was hoping for something more than just another mobile game *coughSmashBrosRayman4cough*. Anyway, now that Rayman Adventures is announced, I can't help but to think that this is gonna be the thing that Ubisoft was teasing us for Gamecom next month.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I can see Ubisoft being the type of people to be like (If Rayman was in Smash)
"Ey Sakurai"
"Yes?"
"Can you make Rayman a free download and not paid DLC?"
"...OK...?"
The Rayman team really likes giving the free stuff out :4pacman:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Rayman would be awesome in Smash. I have cast a vote for him.

The day a mobile "game" can be compared to an actual game is the day a home video can be called a feature length film.

Plus I can't play it anyway because of the whole not being on consoles thing.
As a mobile developer, I take slight offense to this. There can be legitimate and great mobile games, but very in-depth ones are few and far between. The general mobile gamer is not looking for this either, but something quick and on-the-go that likely kills a small chunk of time. That doesn't mean it isn't fun or engaging, and Rayman Adventures actually looks really enjoyable to me.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
^that

I have played som great moblie games one of wich being the latest steven universe RPG game which is just godly.
I have high hoped for Rayman Adventures

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The thing about this game is that it pretty much means that Ubisoft is dead set on going forward with the direction that Origins/Legends brought to the table. Which is fine, but I'm still holding out hope for something entirely new.

Rayman would be awesome in Smash. I have cast a vote for him.

As a mobile developer, I take slight offense to this. There can be legitimate and great mobile games, but very in-depth ones are few and far between. The general mobile gamer is not looking for this either, but something quick and on-the-go that likely kills a small chunk of time. That doesn't mean it isn't fun or engaging, and Rayman Adventures actually looks really enjoyable to me.
Welcome to the club.

And yeah, I agree that mobile games can be good. Even though I pretty much stopped playing on mobile platforms a long time ago.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I agree, there're awesome games in phones, what I hate from Rayman Adventures is that I won't be able to play it, I want it in consoles or PC. (I don't have a mobile that supports the game xD)

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

Seeing it again, I like that "new" design for Rayman (But only for this game) it reminds me of Assassin's Creed and the pirates suits of it, but in the other hand I hate that they cut his O symbol from his torso.

I also like that this is a adventure/platformer game and not a "Running" game where you only have to jump.

xD.

What I think:

Maybe they're going to make a new game without Barbara, but because they created her in the last console game they wanted to part from her with an exclusive game for her and Rayman.

The whole new wardrobe for Ray seems so sudden, but it's not bad looking. Besides, at least they didn't give him any sports tape OR blue arms. :awesome:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't mean any offense, I'm just speaking my mind. Home videos aren't bad, but when I want to watch a movie, I don't put on America's Funniest Home Videos, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching it. That said, I only play console games so I'm not in the target market for mobile games in the first place, hence my disappointment at a false moment of excitement.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Welcome to the club.

And yeah, I agree that mobile games can be good. Even though I pretty much stopped playing on mobile platforms a long time ago.
Thanks!

Actually, I suppose I should practice what I preach because I very infrequently play mobile games. When I do though, I usually put a significant amount of time into it because it's fun. I imagine that Rayman Adventures will likely be this way.

I don't mean any offense, I'm just speaking my mind. Home videos aren't bad, but when I want to watch a movie, I don't put on America's Funniest Home Videos, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching it. That said, I only play console games so I'm not in the target market for mobile games in the first place, hence my disappointment at a false moment of excitement.
Only slight, no worries. ;)

Like I was saying before, I'm not much of a mobile gamer either, but I do own Legends for the Wii U and think the series as it's set up might actually be a really great fit for an on-the-go type game.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I agree, there're awesome games in phones, what I hate from Rayman Adventures is that I won't be able to play it, I want it in consoles or PC. (I don't have a mobile that supports the game xD)
they'll probably port it over to pcs seeing how if they want it on windows phones it'll be compatible with the windows 8 app store

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The whole new wardrobe for Ray seems so sudden, but it's not bad looking. Besides, at least they didn't give him any sports tape OR blue arms. :awesome:
Atleast they didn't give him arms in the first place!
He's probably look strange with Arms but no Legs
Then again, he did vice-versa in the series we don't talk about

...That reminds me of a funny moment that happened way back when
About a year ago, I was watching YTV and they were actually talking about those white ****s
The guy doing the thing (I think his name was Carlos) was like
"Here's a bit of trivia, they also have this show called-"
Then the audio literally cut intentionally
There was even music playing in the back, that got cut out too
About a second later, it continued
"n [insert series name we don't talk about]" (There was a n [pronounced like you would say "Man"] noise when the audio cut in)
I feel like they called the series name in full (I.E. +Rayman beforehand) but Ubisoft was like "NO THANKS" so that got snipped

Even Ubisoft doesn't wanna affilate Rayman and those...things...anymore.
Kinda funny when you think about it

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Atleast they didn't give him arms in the first place!
He's probably look strange with Arms but no Legs
Then again, he did vice-versa in the series we don't talk about

...That reminds me of a funny moment that happened way back when
About a year ago, I was watching YTV and they were actually talking about those white ****s
The guy doing the thing (I think his name was Carlos) was like
"Here's a bit of trivia, they also have this show called-"
Then the audio literally cut intentionally
There was even music playing in the back, that got cut out too
About a second later, it continued
"n [insert series name we don't talk about]" (There was a n [pronounced like you would say "Man"] noise when the audio cut in)
I feel like they called the series name in full (I.E. +Rayman beforehand) but Ubisoft was like "NO THANKS" so that got snipped

Even Ubisoft doesn't wanna affilate Rayman and those...things...anymore.
Kinda funny when you think about it

I'm sorry, but how's this even related to Rayman Adventures?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm having a hard time believing this is the project that Ancel has been working on.
If anything, this ISN'T the big Rayman game that Ubisoft is going to announce. It's more like a stop-gap to tide us over until the next Rayman launches in 2016.
I still think something big relating to Rayman is going to be unveiled at Gamescom.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm sorry, but how's this even related to Rayman Adventures?
You talked about the Blue Arms thing with Sanic
In which I talked about giving him arms
which led me to that :b

1) It's still racist.
Not really, since it's their fur color.
It's like saying "All my cats are black" is racist too :|

In other news;

Waiting sucks, but it's good to know that everyone's going to get it eventually. :D

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm having a hard time believing this is the project that Ancel has been working on.
If anything, this ISN'T the big Rayman game that Ubisoft is going to announce. It's more like a stop-gap to tide us over until the next Rayman launches in 2016.
I still think something big relating to Rayman is going to be unveiled at Gamescom.
Yeah, it seems more like a side project if anything. Actually, did Ancel have any involvement in the previous mobile games?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
hah thanks for sharing that on here haha

haha that's almost nostalgic now =p

edit: NEW RAYMAN GAME ANNOUNCED!
Ah, so another Legends game was going to be made next. But it being on Mobile does makes things particularthat maybe the console version might be something bigger. I wouldn't go as far as R4, but maybe something as big as a 2.5D Rayman O/L game might be done, since they are still pushing the O/L Rayman formula.

xD.

What I think:

I was going to point that out that the ship, imo, reminds me of Razorbeards ship, just more...viking styled. xD But seeing that new Ray design up close, it does looks like something out of AC;

In fact, I'd say it's heavily inspired from this DLC outfit as well. Seems fitting since Ubisoft's AC is the new "Rabbids" of this time, popularity wise, but luckily is WAY less annoying and doesn't put Rayman in games that mess with his gameplay styles.

Also gotta admit, before I thought about the AC outfit, I thought with the white gloves gone with those kinds, it reminded me of this...

rayman-raving-rabbids-tv-party-imagen-i220105-i.jpg

It really seems Ubisoft/Michel Ancel wanted Rayman to have these gloves...and I still don't like them over his white ones...

Rayman's reaction to Rayman Adventures.

And now that you say that, it makes my comic drawing I posted yesterday perfect timing that a game get's announced the next day.

I can see Ubisoft being the type of people to be like (If Rayman was in Smash)
"Ey Sakurai"
"Yes?"
"Can you make Rayman a free download and not paid DLC?"
"...OK...?"
The Rayman team really likes giving the free stuff out :4pacman:
Well, it was said somewhere that Sakurai would want to have DLC free for the sake of making people sure it's not added content that was "held back" from the initial release. Or something like that somewhere. But hey, Ray does have like 3 trophies ingame, so they could did that, just because.

Pretty much my opinion as well.

this game feels like some sort of a 'Rayman Legends: The lost Levels' to me
If the game is the same as the previous (well, it kinda is) but have wind gimmicks and enemy placement that's BS to make it more "Difficult", then maybe it would be Rayman Legends 2: The Lost Levels.

Heaven forbid...

Last edited:
Top Bottom