• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
417713_260120910736152_956952032_n.jpg
RAY AND RAY.jpg

I love drawing Classic and Modern Ray together, the first drawing of them I did it in March of 2012 and the digital one is the most recent. Also, obviously, as some may know, I prefer to put the Classic alongside R3 and R2 Rayman instead of RO Rayman because of personal preferences.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 60804 View attachment 60805
I love drawing Classic and Modern Ray together, the first drawing of them I did it in March of 2012 and the digital one is the most recent. Also, obviously, as some may know, I prefer to put him alongside R3 and R2 Rayman instead of RO Rayman because of personal preferences.
Well, just to throw it out there, Rayman O/L is like the "Sonic Boom" version of Rayman, with R3 being the "Modern Sonic" and R1/R2 is the "Classic Sonic." So, you have it right anyways, and I prefer the same as well. xD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, just to throw it out there, Rayman O/L is like the "Sonic Boom" version of Rayman, with R3 being the "Modern Sonic" and R1/R2 is the "Classic Sonic." So, you have it right anyways, and I prefer the same as well. xD
For us it is at least. :) I hope to get the chance to draw them together more often!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yeah, besides "Dark Rayman" I wonder what enemies could have been thought of for R4? They went from "Inhabitants" in R1, to Robots in R3, then "Scarecrow" like creatures the Black Lums transform into...it's quite intriguing what could have came next....if it wasn't going to be the Rabbids...

And something strange I found...

http://leonjoosen.com/portfolio/storyboards/ - Look for Rayman under the tad on the left side of the page to see some weird story plot thing...

http://leonjoosen.com/portfolio/film-and-tv/ - Same here for some "film and tv" concept... it's really weird looking...
Huh, they look like storyboards from that Rayman cartoon. Always interesting to hear more stuff about it, considering it was so short-lived.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
For next year's E3, I wanna see them team up with Ubisoft to make everyone Thingimajigs.
...Provided that Rayman was already in Smash by that time so the wound salt isn't rubbed in harder

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
For next year's E3, I wanna see them team up with Ubisoft to make everyone Thingimajigs.
...Provided that Rayman was already in Smash by that time so the wound salt isn't rubbed in harder
Rayman might be announced at next year's E3 if he gets enough ballot votes.

I'm expecting King K. Rool around late 2015 or early 2016.

Anyone else have predictions of when ballot characters might be released?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman might be announced at next year's E3 if he gets enough ballot votes.

I'm expecting King K. Rool around late 2015 or early 2016.

Anyone else have predictions of when ballot characters might be released?
I'm expecting them to be released all through out 2016, probably one every three months.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I'm thinking we'll possibly get one more pre-ballot character this year, maybe around August, since that's when the big update hits.
Iwonderwhothatcouldbe
I'm fairly certain that August's character will be Wolf, but the ballot characters might not release until 2016 if Sakurai wants to start after it ends.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Yeah we have to get another direct at this point. Don't know if it's another Smash direct or a regular Nintendo direct I don't care just give me something. I'm certain we will get Wolf with that tournament mode in August and maybe another pre-ballot character in September and then the real DLC hype train begins.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, it hasn't been a week yet, but I can safely assume that the reception for Rayman Adventures is somewhat better than for Metroid Prime Federation Force.

Yeah we have to get another direct at this point. Don't know if it's another Smash direct or a regular Nintendo direct I don't care just give me something. I'm certain we will get Wolf with that tournament mode in August and maybe another pre-ballot character in September and then the real DLC hype train begins.
A new Nintendo Direct after E3 is and should always be the best one. Though it's likely that it won't be until sometime in August, probably around Gamescom.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, it hasn't been a week yet, but I can safely assume that the reception for Rayman Adventures is somewhat better than for Metroid Prime Federation Force.
Imo, nothing's going to be as bad as MP:FF...unless we don't get another mainstream Rayman game for like 8 years, which then, Ubisoft publishes another Raving Rabbids game....heaven forbid...

But despite in not being R4, people will still enjoy the Legends 2 game regardless.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I hear three reactions for Rayman Adventures:
1. Cool, but where's my console Rayman game?
2. **** YOU UBISOFT, I WANT RAYMAN 4!!!
3. Sweet, a new mobile Rayman game.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I hear three reactions for Rayman Adventures:
1. Cool, but where's my console Rayman game?
2. **** YOU UBISOFT, I WANT RAYMAN 4!!!
3. Sweet, a new mobile Rayman game.

At least there hasn't been a petition in getting Rayman Adventures cancelled.... yet.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey, at least Ubisoft isn't Nintendo or Konami. You can't screw up as much as they have in recent memory.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to sound defensive about anything. I'm just saying that things could've been more worse than what we have with Rayman Adventures, like putting him back again with the Rabbids. And I have to agree that both Nintendo and Konami has screwed up, mostly with Konami, and that Ubisoft has done less damage than either of those two so far. We still have another 5 months left to see what else they might have in store for us regarding Rayman.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Where did everybody go?
It's lonely here.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
everyone suddenly had a party?

anyway here is another poll guys! SNU was so kind to share it in the Rayfall facebook so I'll share it here again for the poor sods without facebook. let's vote with all our might!

http://strawpoll.me/4875276

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
everyone suddenly had a party?

anyway here is another poll guys! SNU was so kind to share it in the Rayfall facebook so I'll share it here again for the poor sods without facebook. let's vote with all our might!

http://strawpoll.me/4875276
That unkown character, "Shante", is the 2nd :p.

Already voted.

And I have a live too, I think.. Jk xD.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That unkown character, "Shante", is the 2nd :p.

Already voted.

And I have a live too, I think.. Jk xD.
You might be joking, but It's Shantae, just misspelled.

But before I shared that link, Rayman was in first I think.

And I hope you have a live outside of Smashboards pal. x3

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, I made this argument for Rayman being DLC on the Official Character Discussion Thread. Enjoy.

"Fair enough.
There are, however, two more things to consider:
He has three trophies in the game already, one of them being an entirely new model of Rayman himself. He already HAS content in Smash 4.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but besides CommanderVideo, I don't think there's ANY other third party from a different franchise and company to get a trophy, but there's also the fact that Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan, so his minimum support in Japan is somewhat mitigated by this.
In other words, it's going to be easier for Sakurai to get the rights to Rayman since he already has content in Smash 4.
Besides, he may not bigger than the 4 that we currently have, but he's famous enough on his own to make an appearance. I mean, his franchise has sold 25 million copies worldwide.
Nintendo may be looking at third parties in terms of popularity, but they'll also consider who would be the easiest to add to the game. Rayman has the content and the demand to make it in as a fighter."

What do you guys think of it?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, I made this argument for Rayman being DLC on the Official Character Discussion Thread. Enjoy.

"Fair enough.
He has three trophies in the game already, one of them being an entirely new model of Rayman himself. He already HAS content in Smash 4.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but besides CommanderVideo, I don't think there's ANY other third party from a different franchise and company to get a trophy, but there's also the fact that Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan, so his minimum support in Japan is somewhat mitigated by this.
In other words, it's going to be easier for Sakurai to get the rights to Rayman since he already has content in Smash 4.
Besides, he may not bigger than the 4 that we currently have, but he's famous enough on his own to make an appearance. I mean, his franchise has sold 25 million copies worldwide.
Nintendo may be looking at third parties in terms of popularity, but they'll also consider who would be the easiest to add to the game. Rayman has the content and the demand to make it in as a fighter."

I like it, very good points.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

"Fair enough.

Looks good. Covers most of the arguments against him. I think it's also worth mentioning that Video's trophy received an explanation, unlike the three Rayman trophies.

Top Bottom