• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, it was never acknowledge after that game, his R2 voice sounds reasonably "younger" than it is in R1, so, go ahead. xD
xD I was honestly shocked when I heard his R1 voice the first time, because, ALL this time I imagined him with a little kid's voice...not a DEEP one. :v but yeah. gonna keep using my headcanons of Rayman.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Same.
I mean, the original concept seemed like it was trying too hard to mimic the swagger and edginess of Sonic.
Especially when your world is named "Hereitscool".
Hereitscool.

That would have been a great name for an ice level.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD I was honestly shocked when I heard his R1 voice the first time, because, ALL this time I imagined him with a little kid's voice...not a DEEP one. :v but yeah. gonna keep using my headcanons of Rayman.
Same, as this video was just something I didn't expect...

Well, if I think of that voice as him if he was like in his reasonable late 20s or something, that's fine, even though I'll love R3 voice the most. xD

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm just glad Rayman didn't end up being a generic platforming adventure that starred a hero that has personality, but lacks substance.
(I'm looking at you, Bubsy!)
In the end, however, the uniqueness of Rayman and his world have helped Ubisoft become an icon that would be relevant for the next 20 years.

AndreaAC

Same, as this video was just something I didn't expect...

Well, if I think of that voice as him if he was like in his reasonable late 20s or something, that's fine, even though I'll love R3 voice the most. xD
xD I don't know who had the great idea of giving him that WAY OLDER voice when he looks so tiny and ADORABLE! :V

But yeah, David Gasman will be ALWAYS the best voice actor for Ray, no doubt.

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Konami
Snake: 4/5 ("muh friend)
Simon Belmont: 2/5
Bomberman: 5/5 (he is actually the best 3rd party choise I have a high feeling that he is going to be in smash in the future)
Why is that? If anything, I feel he would get in before Bomberman.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm just glad Rayman didn't end up being a generic platforming adventure that starred a hero that has personality, but lacks substance.
(I'm looking at you, Bubsy!)
In the end, however, the uniqueness of Rayman and his world have helped Ubisoft become an icon that would be relevant for the next 20 years.
Bubsy wasn't something done seriously. It was just to make money, with an horrible sense of humor doing so...

xD I don't know who had the great idea of giving him that WAY OLDER voice when he looks so tiny and ADORABLE! :V

But yeah, David Gasman will be ALWAYS the best voice actor for Ray, no doubt.
Everyone has there beginnings. And things change. I think they just didn't see him as a child with the name like Ray"Man". Just like with Mega "Man", have you seen his American Box Arts? xD

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Bubsy wasn't something done seriously. It was just to make money, with an horrible sense of humor doing so...

Everyone has there beginnings. And things change. I think they just didn't see him as a child with the name like Ray"Man". Just like with Mega "Man", have you seen his American Box Arts? xD

o_o Uh...yeah...then, RayMAN's american boxart should have that ROIDED version of him instead....

AndreaAC

It's a good thing they never considered something like that...otherwise, I'd fear how people may think of him back in the day. xD
._. don't even mention it...but...that would be at the same time hilarious...you know...Roidman in the Glade of...er...Dream Muscles...? or...him being in such beauty of a world while stomping on little ladybugs...?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
._. don't even mention it...but...that would be at the same time hilarious...you know...Roidman in the Glade of...er...Dream Muscles...? or...him being in such beauty of a world while stomping on little ladybugs...?
xD And people thought R3 was "edgy".

._. But thank god it never turned out that way... I like Rayman just how he is...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hmm...excuse the double post, but upon google searching, I realized something...

Maybe that "Box art" Rayman was indeed a thing after all... xD

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I've been looking at what happened in this thread back when it was very small and I gotta say.
We have come very far.
It all started with the Rayman trophy reveal that occurred nearly a year ago. Then, when we got our hands on the final build, it turned out that Globox and Barbara were also trophies. Then the ArtsyOmni leak came along and changed us forever. Not only did a ton of supporters jump on board with the idea that Rayman should be in Smash, but it also propelled this thread to become the biggest third party thread on Smashboards. Finally, April came, and along with it came the announcement that Smash 4 would be getting full DLC. And to top it all off, we could tell Nintendo that we want to see Rayman appear in Smash via the Smash Ballot.
I mean, who would've thought that a thread that was so small would turn into something so big?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I've been looking at what happened in this thread back when it was very small and I gotta say.
We have come very far.
It all started with the Rayman trophy reveal that occurred nearly a year ago. Then, when we got our hands on the final build, it turned out that Globox and Barbara were also trophies. Then the ArtsyOmni leak came along and changed us forever. Not only did a ton of supporters jump on board with the idea that Rayman should be in Smash, but it also propelled this thread to become the biggest third party thread on Smashboards. Finally, April came, and along with it came the announcement that Smash 4 would be getting full DLC. And to top it all off, we could tell Nintendo that we want to see Rayman appear in Smash via the Smash Ballot.
I mean, who would've thought that a thread that was so small would turn into something so big?
I must say, I'm glad my wish for this thread to gain more supporters and more actiatity seem to have came true. :) Hope it stays as active, and grows to become an even bigger thread, with more supporters to come in with the group.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I must say, I'm glad my wish for this thread to gain more supporters and more actiatity seem to have came true. :) Hope it stays as active, and grows to become an even bigger thread, with more supporters to come in with the group.
Had the trophy and leak not happened, I probably would not be on this thread.
I've always wanted, but it wasn't until these two events had occurred that I realized that having Rayman in Smash is not impossible.
That said, I am very grateful that I have met you all.
Rayman For Smash 4!!

AndreaAC

Hmm...excuse the double post, but upon google searching, I realized something...

Maybe that "Box art" Rayman was indeed a thing after all... xD
o_o Wait a sec...the image Ray is using for the photo...is that supposed to be him with a muscled torso while...wearing nothing at all?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
o_o Wait a sec...the image Ray is using for the photo...is that supposed to be him with a muscled torso while...wearing nothing at all?
Umm...I think so... xD Although I think it's nothing to show... that's too revealing... I hope...

Had the trophy and leak not happened, I probably would not be on this thread.
I've always wanted, but it wasn't until these two events had occurred that I realized that having Rayman in Smash is not impossible.
That said, I am very grateful that I have met you all.
Rayman For Smash 4!!
Same here. Glad to have met you too. :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
God, Ubi...>_> that's just the most BRILLIANT idea.
Yeah, it's at least good that that doesn't happen often from them... at least not as much as it was during the weird commercials or R3...geezus...

But anyways, I found something interesting...

I found this image while searching Ray stuff.

And I thought this seemed familiar to something else Rayman related. Well;

And I like how Ray's pose is even similar to how he was in RA apparently. This kinda makes me wish another RA game can be made... with Ly in it for once...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah, it's at least good that that doesn't happen often from them... at least not as much as it was during the weird commercials or R3...geezus...

But anyways, I found something interesting...

I found this image while searching Ray stuff.

And I thought this seemed familiar to something else Rayman related. Well;

And I like how Ray's pose is even similar to how he was in RA apparently. This kinda makes me wish another RA game can be made... with Ly in it for once...
Interesting find indeed! >u> hm, I'm curious to where I can find the Rayman Arena ISO so I can play it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Interesting find indeed! >u> hm, I'm curious to where I can find the Rayman Arena ISO so I can play it.
Well, I would think a Gamecube version is available somewhere. But just to point it out, I think it's a different version then the PS2 version, the one I have. And speaking of that;

I also found this, and this was the exact copy of RA I have. And thinking about it, I now just realized Tily's hair is purple, just like Ly's hair color.......goddammit Ubisoft... :/ Why isn't Ly playable in this game?...

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Heh. Anyways, as much as I like to poke fun at the Rabbids, I don't really mind em all that much as I used to. Once Rayman popped back onto the scene, I went more neutral towards em. I don't mind em being a thing... just as long as they don't try to overshadow Rayman, like Ubi had tried to do when they first introduced them.

I don't even see how they expected it to work.. Rabbid titles often include party games and what not, and other generally off the wall stuff. Rayman is a dang platformer... XD

Guess we can add that to the list of things Rabbids can't do.

Rabbids can't be mascots... lolz

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Meh, I doubt it was even something Ubisoft did seriously themselves, as Mario Bros 1 concept of all the Toads got turned into the block in the game have never been taken seriously by Nintendo, they never acknowledge that. But yeah, glad it was forgotten.
A part of me still wants to believe the blocks being Toads thing is canon. :p
Heh. Anyways, as much as I like to poke fun at the Rabbids, I don't really mind em all that much as I used to. Once Rayman popped back onto the scene, I went more neutral towards em. I don't mind em being a thing... just as long as they don't try to overshadow Rayman, like Ubi had tried to do when they first introduced them.

I don't even see how they expected it to work.. Rabbid titles often include party games and what not, and other generally off the wall stuff. Rayman is a dang platformer... XD

Guess we can add that to the list of things Rabbids can't do.

Rabbids can't be mascots... lolz
Same here, I have a soft spot for the little buggers.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Raving Rabbids having licensed tracks probably paved the way for the music levels in Legends, come to think of it.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
For some reason I could imagine a life simulator with the rabbids, similar in vein to how the old ones did, where you had to help them survive, and took care of them.

...Of course the twist would be the fact Rabbids have a brain the size of a pebble, so they would constantly be at risk of dieing horribly XD.

At least you would know when one just died, as you'd hear that "BWAAAAAH" sound somewhere off screen.. lolz

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
For some reason I could imagine a life simulator with the rabbids, similar in vein to how the old ones did, where you had to help them survive, and took care of them.

...Of course the twist would be the fact Rabbids have a brain the size of a pebble, so they would constantly be at risk of dieing horribly XD.
...So, Chao Garden but worse?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
...So, Chao Garden but worse?
Pretty much. Really wouldn't it technically be a AS simulator? Artificial Stupidity? XD

One thing, at least most Chao are smart enough to make their way to shore when they can't swim in water... knowing the Rabbids they'd probably go "out" to sea... -_-

Speaking of Chao Garden, I've still always wondered why they phased that out... that was probably one of the best distractions in Sonic adventure 2 XD. I used to spend so much time in that garden... Man I miss it :/

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Pretty much. Really wouldn't it technically be a AS simulator? Artificial Stupidity? XD

One thing, at least most Chao are smart enough to make their way to shore when they can't swim in water... knowing the Rabbids they'd probably go "out" to sea... -_-

Speaking of Chao Garden, I've still always wondered why they phased that out... that was probably one of the best distractions in Sonic adventure 2 XD. I used to spend so much time in that garden... Man I miss it :/
Same here, I wonder why they didn't just make a Chao spinoff game. Sonic Team have acknowledged the want for Chao Gardens. Why not add them? I believe I read somewhere that Chao Gardens were considered for Rise of Lyric at some point.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

At least you would know when one just died, as you'd hear that "BWAAAAAH" sound somewhere off screen.. lolz
That would be pretty fun, actually. Watching them die one by one, of course. Or maybe a massive eh...Rabbidcide? Anyway, that would be the GAME OF THE YEAR.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Same here, I wonder why they didn't just make a Chao spinoff game. Sonic Team have acknowledged the want for Chao Gardens. Why not add them? I believe I read somewhere that Chao Gardens were considered for Rise of Lyric at some point.
Another thing, Chao garden being a standalone title would also mean more focus could be put into it. More features, more stuff to do with your chao, more chao types....

....SEGA. WHY ISN'T THIS A THING? -_-

Seriously though, what is with Sega leaving any IPs that aren't Sonic to rot? Really, this is one thing I dislike about the fact they went primarily mobile. What they NEED to do is get off their butts and use the dang content they created, and not just let it sit and gather dust.. There are several cool IPs they had that they practically don't use anymore... Heck it's a miracle Shenmue 3 is going to be a thing.. lol.

Anyways, back to Rayman. I wonder where they plan on taking the series now?...

Heck. Why don't they do a remake of the first Rayman inbetween developing a new title? They ported Rayman 2 to death. Why not give the game that started it all some love? XD

Last edited:

AndreaAC

GRHE41-3.png
GRHE41-6.png
GRHE41-2.png

I think I will have some fun taking some random screenshots of R3. I love the effect from the first pic.

Top Bottom