• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it... if Square did get another ("another"? What am I from the future XD) rep.. I honestly DO think it would be Black Mage. I mean it is an iconic class... not to mention it was present in the first Final fantasy titles. Then again what do I know XD..

As for a second Namco character, I think it would be Klonoa. Him and Lloyd are both heavily requested Namco representatives, but I feel that Sakurai would pick Klonoa over Lloyd.

As for Banjo-Kazooie, now that the Microsoft tweet hype has gone down, I honestly think he doesn't have a chance. Just think about it, why would Nintendo want to help Microsoft make money off of one of the characters that they own in Smash? It just doesn't make a lot of sense, and I'm saying this as someone who respects what Rareware once was.

I don't think we're going to be getting anything out of Konami right now. They forgot they owned Bomberman, and although I could see Sakurai doing something great with Simon Belmont, I think it's really unlikely. It would be a miracle if Snake came back, but I doubt it. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
Klonoa, yeah. I can agree on that.

As for Banjo... couldn't that be said for any 3rd party character?
"why would Nintendo want to help Ubisoft make money off of one of the characters that they own in Smash?"
"why would Nintendo want to help Capcom make money off of one of the characters that they own in Smash?"

For one, that's just foolish logic. I feel like at this point the amount of revenue that would be received from their inclusion would outweigh something like that. Anyway remember. Rayman detractors like to use that same exact point against Ray...
"Why would Nintendo want Rayman in? Ubisoft would get a profit from it, and their relationship is terrible! They don't deserve it!"

Of course we know thats a crock of BS..

As for Konami... I'd say Snake returns pre-ballot, or nothing.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Now that I think about it... if Square did get another ("another"? What am I from the future XD) rep.. I honestly DO think it would be Black Mage. I mean it is an iconic class... not to mention it was present in the first Final fantasy titles. Then again what do I know XD..

Klonoa, yeah. I can agree on that.

"why would Nintendo want to help Ubisoft make money off of one of the characters that they own in Smash?"
"why would Nintendo want to help Capcom make money off of one of the characters that they own in Smash?"

For one, that's just foolish logic. I feel like at this point the amount of revenue that would be received from their inclusion would outweigh something like that. Anyway remember. Rayman detractors like to use that same exact point against Ray...
"Why would Nintendo want Rayman in? Ubisoft would get a profit from it, and their relationship is terrible! They don't deserve it!"

As for Konami... I'd say Snake returns pre-ballot, or nothing.
You're comparing a software publisher to a hardware manufacturer.
Apples and oranges.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Most of them I can't see happening, but I'll talk about a few.

The chance for second Sonic Rep has gone up ever since Ryu was announced. Assuming each third-party company that already has a character in Smash 4 is allowed a second representative, the most likely character for SEGA would probably be Tails. The company treats Sonic like it's the only franchise it owns, and I could see them wanting this character in the game. Also, every time I think of Tails in Smash, I think of this.

As for a second Namco character, I think it would be Klonoa. Him and Lloyd are both heavily requested Namco representatives, but I feel that Sakurai would pick Klonoa over Lloyd.

As for Banjo-Kazooie, now that the Microsoft tweet hype has gone down, I honestly think he doesn't have a chance. Just think about it, why would Nintendo want to help Microsoft make money off of one of the characters that they own in Smash? It just doesn't make a lot of sense, and I'm saying this as someone who respects what Rareware once was.

I don't think we're going to be getting anything out of Konami right now. They forgot they owned Bomberman, and although I could see Sakurai doing something great with Simon Belmont, I think it's really unlikely. It would be a miracle if Snake came back, but I doubt it. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
Oh,
this leak.....I actually fell for it, in 2005.
Uh... Dragon Quest?

Anyways, to stay on topic I like Rayman, he's a cool guy and should be in smash.
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

Yeah, but last time I checked, Ubisoft wasn't a big console manufacturer.

Microsoft is.:ohwell:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well I mean the IP being owned by the company that is owned by the "hardware manufacturer"...

My point still stands regardless of the big bad in question here. >_>
To be fair, Microsoft is the one that owns Banjo, not Rare.
Similarly, The Wonderful 101 is owned by Nintendo, not Platinum.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Look, regardless of who owns the character, and whether the dang company is a software or hardware manufacturer, I just don't see something as trivial as that being a problem in something like this. If it was in a regular, pre-development situation? Sure. However this is a DLC situation. A "Paid" DLC situation at that. I have little doubts that the companies wouldn't go above and beyond to get the character in regardless of circumstances, especially if the character had a LARGE fan following/was frequently suggested, and if they were unique, and Iconic.. After all, Popular characters are definitely guaranteed to get some revenue. Especially iconic ones from the N64 days..

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Anyways, switching back to Raymode... I've been thinking about grabbing Rayman legends soon. I wanted to know what your opinions are of the game. I did enjoy Origins. Is it worth the grab?

Speaking of a second Sonic character...
Waaaiiit a second....

Ray has that helicopter hair ability right?..

Why does he need to be carried by Tails? XD

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
The lack of third party games on Nintendo consoles makes it alot easier for Nintendo to decide the roster. They won't have to include Pip Boy, Steve, Cloud Strife, COD soldier, Commander Shepherd, or Big Daddy in the roster.
In fact, I think that's the reason why Playstation All Stars didn't do so well. They had too many third parties that had a really, really small connection to Sony and not enough of their mascots such as Crash, Spyro, Cloud, etc.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The lack of third party games on Nintendo consoles makes it alot easier for Nintendo to decide the roster. They won't have to include Pip Boy, Steve, Cloud Strife, COD soldier, Commander Shepherd, or Big Daddy in the roster.
In fact, I think that's the reason why Playstation All Stars didn't do so well. They had too many third parties that had a really, really small connection to Sony and not enough of their mascots such as Crash, Spyro, Cloud, etc.
That, and you can't really beat the original... XD

In general, in terms of third parties that usually doesn't have to be much of a thing anyway. The third party characters are usually iconic, and have unique qualities to contribute to the game.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Anyways, switching back to Raymode... I've been thinking about grabbing Rayman legends soon. I wanted to know what your opinions are of the game. I did enjoy Origins. Is it worth the grab?
Yes!

Speaking of Rayman Legends, Barbara Mii Fighter outfit. Make it happen.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
To be fair, All Stars did have representation from three series that had a large Sony presence... but two weren't exactly what people wanted lol.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
(FYI, it is kinda late, so I think the time might be fiddling with my responses... for example the fact I was so tired I didn't notice I forgot to mention Rareware in the other post.. Should probably go to bed soon XD. Also if I'm snappy.... that's why. lolz)

Yes!

Hm.. I'll definitely give it a look. I still always have loved how hilarious it looks when the group dies.. XD

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
If you liked Origins, you'll like Legends. If you plan on buying it for Wii U, it might be better with multiplayer because some stages force you to play with the Gamepad. Legends even includes remade levels from Origins.

Yes!

But we already have a Barbara the Bat wig.:troll:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

Waaaiiit a second....

Ray has that helicopter hair ability right?..

Why does he need to be carried by Tails? XD
BUY IT.
WHETHER IT'S ON PS3, XBOX, WII U... WHATEVER!! YOU HAVE TO GET IT.
Also, here are some ideas for Mii costumes:
Mii Fighter: Globox
Mii Swordsman: Razorbeard
Mii Gunner: RoboPirate

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
BUY IT.
WHETHER IT'S ON PS3, XBOX, WII U... WHATEVER!! YOU HAVE TO GET IT.
Also, here are some ideas for Mii costumes:
Mii Fighter: Globox
Mii Swordsman: Razorbeard
Mii Gunner: RoboPirate
Well I don't have the first two (plan on getting a PS3 one day, I mean there are some cool looking titles on it... Xbox however, meh XD), so I guess I would go with the latter.

Also... It would be really nice if there was AT LEAST an Admiral Razorbeard outfit... so far it seems like the only representation Rayman has gotten is for the first two recent titles, and its like the previous never existed.. (Dunno if that's just because Ray isn't actually playable or not, but still..) Would be great to have some representation of those older titles :/

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Somehow I feel like all of the Rayman Mii costumes would be for the Gunner.

Call it a hunch.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
If every 3rd party company could get 2 characters per company (I know it's HIGHLY unlikely/impossible, but just hear me out here XD) I could see this scenario going for Ubisoft:

The smash trailer starts up, and a Rabbid is revealed as a DLC fighter. They show the gameplay as usual, and right through the other half of it, fans see a familiar fist come flying and knock the Rabbid off stage and causes a star K.O..

The camera zooms up on Rayman, who just says: "Not this time pal! :p", and switches over to the Rayman gameplay.. XD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This. Please.

Long range would make sense, I guess.
>U> We could even get a Rabbid costum...just for nostalgia and to get at least a small taste of how would feel finally be able to beat up a Rabbid...aside from the well known bleeding Rabbid Scarecrows.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>U> We could even get a Rabbid costum...just for nostalgia and to get at least a small taste of how would feel finally be able to beat up a Rabbid...aside from the well known bleeding Rabbid Scarecrows.
Honestly, I can see this. xD Both fans would be happy I guess, especially for the ones that want to beat up the Rabbids, like me. >u>

Also, Ly trophy. Oh god, PLZ...

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I would love it if the Razorbeard outfit for the Mii Swordsman was blocky, much like the Akira costume.
Brand new textures would also be welcome.

AndreaAC

Honestly, I can see this. xD Both fans would be happy I guess, especially for the ones that want to beat up the Rabbids, like me. >u>

Also, Ly trophy. Oh god, PLZ...
Having an HD version of her model for a trophy would be cool or even an Assist, but, seeing her going against Rayman would make me kind of sad...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Having an HD version of her model for a trophy would be cool or even an Assist, but, seeing her going against Rayman would make me kind of sad...
Yeah...you do have a point...Although, if you think about it, they kinda still have, the Shell mode in R2 thinking about it... But HELL YES< HD LY MODEL PLEASE! .W.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah...you do have a point...Although, if you think about it, they kinda still have, the Shell mode in R2 thinking about it...
xD Neh, that doesn't count. hm...a Walking Shell Item could be as well? maybe if you get it, you could ram into the other fighters, like the Dragoon, but going horizontally, and even fly and shoot.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
bit late but....

Sega
2nd Sonic Rep: 4/5
Bayonetta: 0/5
Capcom