• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I just thought of something. What if, instead of "Rayman: Battles With The Legends." They do:

Rayman
Joins the Battle!
(For Real This Time)!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Speaking of which, what would you guys do if Rayman was announced for Smash DLC?
Well, it would have been Sonic 2.0 for me if things were like it was in Brawl, unexpected and predetermined before the game was done. But I would be happy to see him in Smash finally.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Personally, I would love to see the saltiness come out of detractors such as GameXplain. That will feel SO satisfying.
Otherwise, I will absolutely main Rayman, no matter how bad he plays.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Literally explode from the thought that Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu and Rayman are all in the same game.
Same here.
Also, if he were added, Smash 4 will have had three third party newcomers that end with man.
Ryu doesn't count. He's not a man.
:troll:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Speaking of which, what would you guys do if Rayman was announced for Smash DLC?
Literally, cry.
Sonic, Mario, and Rayman, my three favorite video game franchises and characters, able to fight alongside, or against each other. Smash 4 will be my favorite game of all time.
Personally, I would love to see the saltiness come out of detractors such as GameXplain. That will feel SO satisfying.
Otherwise, I will absolutely main Rayman, no matter how bad he plays.
To be fair, the only one who's actively against Rayman is Ash, Andre and Derrick are okay with the idea, in fact, Derrick was actually hoping the leak was real.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Literally, cry.
Sonic, Mario, and Rayman, my three favorite video game franchises and characters, able to fight alongside, or against each other. Smash 4 will be my favorite game of all time.

To be fair, the only one who's actively against Rayman is Ash, Andre and Derrick are okay with the idea, in fact, Derrick was actually hoping the leak was real.
My mistake.
Smash 4 is already my favorite Smash game, but it will become my favorite game of all time once Rayman and K. Rool are added.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
When Rayman is in Smash, I can finally be (partially) at peace.

But I won't be, because I'll be determined to be the best Rayman there is.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I've decided to narrow down which characters are in the running to make an appearance in Smash. From 0 to 5 (Least likely to most likely), I want you guys to quote my post and rate the following characters. Thank you!
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep:
Bayonetta:
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep:
2nd Mega Man Rep:
2nd Street Fighter Rep:
Monster Hunter Rep:
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep:
Soul Calibar Rep:
Lloyd Irving:
Konami
Snake:
Simon Belmont:
Bomberman:
Ubisoft
Rayman:
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep:
Sora:
Geno:
Agnes(Bravely Default):
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie:
Indie
Shantae:
Shovel Knight:
Commander Video:
Quote (Cave Story):

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That's a real shame, hope you get your internet fixed soon.

I'll see if I can join this at some point.
Do you mind if I post this on our Facebook account?
Thanks and :3 Well, after my internet died the entire weekend including on monday (when I don't have classes, thank god), it is finally back, hopefully I will be able to draw again if homework doesn't get in the way!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Honestly, Smash is already my favorite video game of all time.

From Mario to Zelda, Nintendo has created many gaming masterpieces over the years. Smash is the place where it all comes together, and drags Metal Gear, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Street Figher along with it.

Having Rayman join the ride would only make me love Smash even more!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I've decided to narrow down which characters are in the running to make an appearance in Smash. From 0 to 5 (Least likely to most likely), I want you guys to quote my post and rate the following characters. Thank you!
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep:
Bayonetta:
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep:
2nd Mega Man Rep:
2nd Street Fighter Rep:
Monster Hunter Rep:
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep:
Soul Calibar Rep:
Lloyd Irving:
Konami
Snake:
Simon Belmont:
Bomberman:
Ubisoft
Rayman:
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep:
Sora:
Geno:
Agnes(Bravely Default):
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie:
Indie
Shantae:
Shovel Knight:
Commander Video:
Quote (Cave Story):

Don't underestimate Dig Dug for Namco. Sakurai tends to favor video game hits from his generation.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep: 4/5 - before, I'd say that it doesn't seem likely for us to get more than one character in a third party franchise, but seeing as we have more than one character from a third party company, and Sonic games are extremely popular on Nintendo systems, I could see it happening.
Bayonetta: 3/5 - she's the star of a Wii U exclusive that was met with near-universal praise, so I could see Nintendo wanting to capitalize on that, and they've already used her in an advertising campaign alongside some of their biggest female characters, so there doesn't seem to be an issue there. Still, her series isn't the most well-known, so that hurts her chances in my eyes.
Capcom

Resident Evil Rep: 1/5 - seems possible, given that RE4 seemed to be a system seller for the Gamecube, but I don't know if it's very likely
2nd Mega Man Rep: 0/5 - don't see it happening, especially since Capcom already has two DLC characters
2nd Street Fighter Rep: 0/5 - see Mega Man
Monster Hunter Rep: 1/5 - from what I recall, they were kept out of Marvel vs. Capcom because the Monster Hunter team felt that a certain fighting style shouldn't take priority over the others - I feel like the same issue would apply here
Namco

2nd Pac-Man Rep: 0/5 - who is there, really?
Soul Calibur Rep: 3/5 - given that Link appeared in Soul Calibur 2, there's definitely potential there, but it doesn't seem very likely to me - plus, after Soul Calibur V, I'm not sure if Namco would be too willing to promote the franchise for a bit.
Lloyd Irving: 2/5 - it's been a while since Tales of Symphonia, so I'm not sure if Namco-Bandai would put in Lloyd or another, newer character. Then again, I'm only part-way through Tales of Symphonia and I don't know how iconic Lloyd is among the Tales fanbase, so I could be way off.
Konami

Snake: 5/5 - he's a unique veteran, and Sakurai seemed to have no problem with his inclusion during or after Brawl's development
Simon Belmont: 4/5 - I feel like Snake would take priority over him, given that he's already been in Smash Bros. (which means that his moveset's already been made and they have a huge base to go on - not sure if they could just copy and paste him from Brawl, but it doesn't seem like that would matter much either way). Plus, Metal Gear easily seems to be Konami's main franchise.
Bomberman: 3/5 - long history with Nintendo and he's already crossed over with the Wario franchise, but Konami hasn't done anything with Hudson's properties since buying them
Ubisoft

Rayman: 5/5 - Nintendo already has permission to use him in Smash Bros. in some form
Square Enix

Final Fantasy Rep: 3/5 - the main problem would be who to pick, since FF1-6 might be seen as too old, and FF7-15 haven't been on Nintendo systems.
Sora: 1/5 - he seems like he'd work well, seeing as his entire series is based around crossovers, but the fact that he's owned by Disney seems to complicate things; I think that S-E would go with a character that they fully own
Geno: 1/5 - it would be great to see him return in any form, but I'd think that Square-Enix would be more likely to use this opportunity to have a Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy character represent their company
Agnes(Bravely Default): 1/5 - again, I can't really see Square-Enix going with something other than their two flagship franchises
Microsoft

Banjo Kazooie: 0/5 - love the characters, they'd be perfect, but they are literally owned by Nintendo's direct competition
Indie

Shantae: 2/5 - her franchise is quite long-running compared to other indie titles, but I'm not sure if it's popular enough to get people wanting to pay for her as a character
Shovel Knight: 2/5 - he's the flagship character for indie franchises on the eShop at the moment, and he's been making tons of cameos in other indie games, but it seems too early to add him into Smash Bros.
Commander Video: 3/5 - similar to Rayman, they already have permission to use him, but I'm not sure if there's nearly as much to work with, or if his franchise is popular enough to make people want to buy him.
Quote (Cave Story): 2/5 - his franchise has a ton of releases for Nintendo consoles, including a physical release for the 3DS, but he seems kind of obscure compared to the other three in this category

tl;dr version

5/5: Snake, Rayman
4/5: Simon Belmont, second Sonic character
3/5: Commander Video, Bomberman, Final Fantasy character, Soul Calibur character, Bayonetta
2/5: Quote, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Lloyd Irving
1/5: Agnes, Geno, Sora, Monster Hunter Rep, Resident Evil Rep
0/5: Banjo-Kazooie, second reps for Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Pac-Man

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep: 2/5
Bayonetta: 1/5
Capcom
Resident Evil Rep: 0/5
2nd Mega Man Rep: 1/5
2nd Street Fighter Rep: 1/5
Monster Hunter Rep: 0/5
Namco
2nd Pac-Man Rep: 0/5
Soul Calibar Rep: 0/5
Lloyd Irving: 2/5
Konami
Snake: 3/5
Simon Belmont: 1/5
Bomberman: 1/5
Ubisoft
Rayman: 4/5
Square Enix
Final Fantasy Rep: 1/5
Sora: 0/5
Geno: 0/5
Agnes(Bravely Default): 1/5
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 1/5
Indie
Shantae: 3/5
Shovel Knight: 2/5
Commander Video: 2/5
Quote (Cave Story): 1/5

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Speaking of Sega, I know if they got another character it would "probably" be another Sonic character... but part of me really wishes it were a different character to represent one of their other franchises.. and really the only one I can think of that has a few decent titles, isn't a one hit wonder (like Billy Hatcher for example), and isn't another fighter type character (Sorry Sega fans. You know who I'm talking about... but considering we just got Ryu, I don't really think another combo-esque fighter is happening any time soon....)

I'd have to say NiGHTS. Next to Sonic, it is probably one of their more recognized franchises. He makes cameos in several games (Sonic adventure 1 and 2 if I recall), appears in some spinoffs... and really I just like em in general.

Probably wouldn't happen, and it's probably just me, but I just wanted to throw that out there :/

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Speaking of Sega, I know if they got another character it would "probably" be another Sonic character... but part of me really wishes it were a different character to represent one of their other franchises.. and really the only one I can think of that has a few decent titles, isn't a one hit wonder (like Billy Hatcher for example), and isn't another fighter type character (Sorry Sega fans. You know who I'm talking about... but considering we just got Ryu, I don't really think another combo-esque fighter is happening any time soon....)

I'd have to say NiGHTS. Next to Sonic, it is probably one of their more recognized franchises. He makes cameos in several games (Sonic adventure 1 and 2 if I recall), appears in some spinoffs... and really I just like em in general.

Probably wouldn't happen, and it's probably just me, but I just wanted to throw that out there :/
Agreed.
That said, I REALLY don't want another Sonic character because it's such a waste on a valuable third party slot.
Besides, once a second Sonic character is announced, the whole Sonic fanbase will either **** on it for not being Shadow or they will start begging for a THIRD Sonic Rep.
I just feel there are characters out there who deserve it more. Rayman, Snake, Simon Belmont, etc. They should come first, not another Sonic character.
If I were to choose another Sonic character, however, it would go to either Tails or Eggman.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep: 3/5
Capcom
2nd Mega Man Rep: 0/5
2nd Street Fighter Rep: 0/5
Namco
Soul Calibar Rep: 2/5
Lloyd Irving: 0/5
Konami
Snake: 2/5
Simon Belmont:1/5
Ubisoft
Square Enix
Agnes(Bravely Default): 0/5
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 0/5
Indie
Shantae: 2/5
Commander Video: 1/5
Quote (Cave Story): 0/5

I don't really think a lot of these characters have a chance. I gave Shantae and Shovel Knight the benefit of the doubt since they're rather popular picks, and I gave a 2nd Sonic character a decent rating because there are a lot of factors that could make it happen. Konami is in a tough spot right now so I didn't really give them high ratings, and Capcom is definitely done in terms of reps. Namco could definitely get another character, especially since they're the developer, but I think it would be a toss up between Tekken and Soul Calibur (or someone who could rep both...). This may sound biased but I honestly believe Rayman has the best chance.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sega
2nd Sonic Rep: 3/5
Capcom
2nd Mega Man Rep: 0/5
Namco
Soul Calibar Rep: 2/5
Lloyd Irving: 0/5
Konami
Snake: 2/5
Simon Belmont:1/5
Ubisoft
Square Enix
Agnes(Bravely Default): 0/5
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 0/5
Indie
Shantae: 2/5
Commander Video: 1/5
Quote (Cave Story): 0/5

I don't really think a lot of these characters have a chance. I gave Shantae and Shovel Knight the benefit of the doubt since they're rather popular picks, and I gave a 2nd Sonic character a decent rating because there are a lot of factors that could make it happen. Konami is in a tough spot right now so I didn't really give them high ratings, and Capcom is definitely done in terms of reps. Namco could definitely get another character, especially since they're the developer, but I think it would be a toss up between Tekken and Soul Calibur (or someone who could rep both...). This may sound biased but I honestly believe Rayman has the best chance.
Pretty reasonable ratings. I gotta say.
I'm in the same boat with you in that I think Snake, Rayman, and a 2nd Sonic Rep are very plausible to happen.
However, I don't think we should count out Square just yet. They've been producing a number of games for the 3DS recently and have great history with Nintendo. I could see Sakurai throw a curve ball at us and add in a Square character. They're the last major Japanese company left that has no Smash representation.
It honestly seems like the type of thing Sakurai would do.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly wouldn't mind a Square character, they did have a really good relationship with Nintendo during the NES and SNES days.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Agreed.
That said, I REALLY don't want another Sonic character because it's such a waste on a valuable third party slot.
Besides, once a second Sonic character is announced, the whole Sonic fanbase will either **** on it for not being Shadow or they will start begging for a THIRD Sonic Rep.
I just feel there are characters out there who deserve it more. Rayman, Snake, Simon Belmont, etc. They should come first, not another Sonic character.
If I were to choose another Sonic character, however, it would go to either Tails or Eggman.
I may be giving the Sonic fanbase more credit then they may deserve, but I don't think that would happen, as most people I here don't ask for Shadow, as he's overrated to most, and only kids seems to care about him the most. Most would perfer Tails, Knuckles, or Eggman, if they wanted another Sonic rep. But I don't think they are that childish to ask for more than Sonic, if anything, more than just one more being Tails. But if anything, it could be more likely a different franchise for Sega all together, imo, something if gotten I'd prefer as a Sonic fan mysefl, I'd just prefer Sonic.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh I never did throw my exact two cents in on that little thing did I? Wow XD

Sega - I could see this happening at least pre-ballot, since Capcom got it's second character not to far back. As for who?
2nd Sonic Rep: 4/5 - If anything, I'd throw this bone anywhere between Tails, Knuckles, or Eggman, since he IS the main antagonist of that series...
Bayonetta: 1/5 - Sorry Bayonetta fans. It's nothing against the character, I just don't really see it happening. (And even if it could, the series is still a bit young if you ask me.)
Personal: NiGHTS as I mentioned above, but again, thats probably just me :/
Capcom - Now this gets tricky. They did recently get another company rep in Ryu. "Maybe" Megaman could see another fighter. Then again, I have no clue.
Resident Evil Rep: 0/5 Eeh...
2nd Mega Man Rep: 3/5 I'd find it so funny if Roll got in as a fighter instead of someone like Zero or something.. bet that would throw fans for a loop XD
Monster Hunter Rep: 1/5
Namco - Considering Capcom's second character, maybe. As for who?.. No clue.
2nd Pac-Man Rep: ?/5 Who would this even be? XD
Soul Calibar Rep: 0/5
Lloyd Irving: 2/5
Konami - Could they get back in the game? Maybe. It would probably be Snake returning. If I had to bet on a second rep, I'd say Bomberman, just due to the iconic nature of the little guy! (man I miss that series...)
Snake: 4/5
Simon Belmont: 2/5
Bomberman: 3/5
Ubisoft
Rayman: 4.5/5 This is kinda self explanitory.. XD
Square Enix - Hmm...
Final Fantasy Rep: 4/5 Considering the popularity and prominence of this series, I'd see this getting a character in smash before anything else. (Black Mage anyone? :D No?...ok then. :/)
Sora: 2/5
Geno: 2/5
Agnes(Bravely Default): 2/5
Microsoft
Banjo Kazooie: 3/5 Ignoring the company, these two are still N64 icons. Considering this is Paid DLC, I do not exclude anyone for any real reason...
Indie
Shantae: 4/5 If any indie character got in, I would definitely see Shantae. She is primarily loyal to Nintendo (All of her games appear on Nintendo consoles FIRST, with ports coming much later), has an awesome moveset pool.. and she is just so darn cute XD
Shovel Knight: 1/5 I don't see this guy happening as much.. he seems like he would be a funny character, and could offer a unique moveset with that shovel... HOWEVER, the fact he is such a young character gets me. I mean his series (if it can be called that yet) only has one title... I'd see it happening in a year or so, if he gets more titles under his belt.
Commander Video: 2/5
Quote (Cave Story): 1/5

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I may be giving the Sonic fanbase more credit then they may deserve, but I don't think that would happen, as most people I here don't ask for Shadow, as he's overrated to most, and only kids seems to care about him the most. Most would perfer Tails, Knuckles, or Eggman, if they wanted another Sonic rep. But I don't think they are that childish to ask for more than Sonic, if anything, more than just one more being Tails. But if anything, it could be more likely a different franchise for Sega all together, imo, something if gotten I'd prefer as a Sonic fan mysefl, I'd just prefer Sonic.
xD But Eggman would be hilarious! I mean, look at him:
He got THE MOVES.

And it he was in on this Smash or the next one instead of Ridley, I would laugh a lot more, honest.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just out of curiosity, but how famous do you guys think Sora is?
It's KINGDOM HEARTS. Anyone that knows the series, knows who Sora is. As SegaNintendoUbisoft said, if it wasn't for Square and Disney, I'd would kinda want him in.

xD But Eggman would be hilarious! I mean, look at him:
He got THE MOVES.

And it he was in on this Smash or the next one instead of Ridley, I would laugh a lot more, honest.
Well, I'm sure he does. xD

AreJay25

Sora literally has no chance because he's a walking licensing nightmare. He's iconic, sure, but there are too many issues preventing him from being in anything other than his own games.

In terms of a 2nd Sonic character, my first choice would be Tails, but I would definitely be happy with Eggman and Knuckles. Shadow can stay out though. (He can't get in anyways due to his AT lol)

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know, had Nintendo just given the N64 a disc based media, maybe Square would've stayed with them and continue producing more Final Fantasy titles for their consoles.
Had that been the case when Smash was around, Square would've gotten a character.
And if the FFVII series were on Nintendo hardware, having Cloud in would've been logical.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Most of them I can't see happening, but I'll talk about a few.

The chance for second Sonic Rep has gone up ever since Ryu was announced. Assuming each third-party company that already has a character in Smash 4 is allowed a second representative, the most likely character for SEGA would probably be Tails. The company treats Sonic like it's the only franchise it owns, and I could see them wanting this character in the game. Also, every time I think of Tails in Smash, I think of this.

As for a second Namco character, I think it would be Klonoa. Him and Lloyd are both heavily requested Namco representatives, but I feel that Sakurai would pick Klonoa over Lloyd.

As for Banjo-Kazooie, now that the Microsoft tweet hype has gone down, I honestly think he doesn't have a chance. Just think about it, why would Nintendo want to help Microsoft make money off of one of the characters that they own in Smash? It just doesn't make a lot of sense, and I'm saying this as someone who respects what Rareware once was.

I don't think we're going to be getting anything out of Konami right now. They forgot they owned Bomberman, and although I could see Sakurai doing something great with Simon Belmont, I think it's really unlikely. It would be a miracle if Snake came back, but I doubt it. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

AreJay25

If Namco gets another character, I want it to be Yoshimitsu. He's freaking cool and he could rep two series at once.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Most of them I can't see happening, but I'll talk about a few.

The chance for second Sonic Rep has gone up ever since Ryu was announced. Assuming each third-party company that already has a character in Smash 4 is allowed a second representative, the most likely character for SEGA would probably be Tails. The company treats Sonic like it's the only franchise it owns, and I could see them wanting this character in the game. Also, every time I think of Tails in Smash, I think of this.

As for a second Namco character, I think it would be Klonoa. Him and Lloyd are both heavily requested Namco representatives, but I feel that Sakurai would pick Klonoa over Lloyd.

As for Banjo-Kazooie, now that the Microsoft tweet hype has gone down, I honestly think he doesn't have a chance. Just think about it, why would Nintendo want to help Microsoft make money off of one of the characters that they own in Smash? It just doesn't make a lot of sense, and I'm saying this as someone who respects what Rareware once was.

I don't think we're going to be getting anything out of Konami right now. They forgot they owned Bomberman, and although I could see Sakurai doing something great with Simon Belmont, I think it's really unlikely. It would be a miracle if Snake came back, but I doubt it. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
Oh god, this "leak".... it was the one thing I knew deep down was faked, it was 1, too good to be true, and 2, it looks too much like SA2 models to be in the game. But that didn't stop me from testing it, just to make sure. And well, this is why I loved Roy (my boy) so much. He's the only asshole to have gotten, legitimately, 20 damn KOs in Cruel Melee. The only one. He was my boy for life at that point, he just showed how badass he was.

Although I figured it was fake after I got to that point, if it actually was true and Sonic was added in as far back as Melee?...Yeah, the hype that was during Brawl when Sonic has announced would have cause casualties, during Melee's days, including for me. xD But yeah, this was my first ever "Smash Leak" before I was aware of all of this that I see in today's days of them all over the place.

Top Bottom