• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I'd assume so. I have a theory that we'll get two characters in August and then we'll start getting ballot characters in early 2016.
Two characters?

I think the only character we'll be getting in August is Wolf. I could be wrong, though.

Remember, Sakurai just released three characters a week ago, and that was for E3. Unless he has been working on multiple characters for August, I think we're just getting one.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Two characters?

I think the only character we'll be getting in August is Wolf. I could be wrong, though.

Remember, Sakurai just released three characters a week ago, and that was for E3. Unless he has been working on multiple characters for August, I think we're just getting one.
Two characters because of those 5 Mario placeholders in the Mewtwo update. Three of which are taken by Lucas, Roy and Ryu. The ballot ends in October, so it'd make a lot of sense if we got those two characters in an August direct. Afterwards, we can start to get updates on the ballot.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Two characters because of those 5 Mario placeholders in the Mewtwo update. Three of which are taken by Lucas, Roy and Ryu. The ballot ends in October, so it'd make a lot of sense if we got those two characters in an August direct. Afterwards, we can start to get updates on the ballot.
Okay, I see your point.

Now that you mention it, if we do get two characters in August and the Smash Ballot ends in October, it might take a long time until we get the next Smash characters.

Sakurai would have to go through all the ballot votes when it closes and start developing a character, which would take a long time. Unless Sakurai has started creating ballot characters beforehand, I don't think we'll be seeing them until Q2 2016.

AreJay25

Okay, I see your point.

Now that you mention it, if we do get two characters in August and the Smash Ballot ends in October, it might take a long time until we get the next Smash characters.

Sakurai would have to go through all the ballot votes when it closes and start developing a character, which would take a long time. Unless Sakurai has started creating ballot characters beforehand, I don't think we'll be seeing them until Q2 2016.
I honestly think it depends on how many he starts with. If he starts on two, it'll definitely take longer but if he does one at a time, we could get them sooner than we think.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Before I bid you guys a good night, I just want to say a few words of gratitude and concern.
Being a part of this thread has been an amazing experience. Personally, this is the first time in which I am socially active with a group. I'm just extremely grateful that I can be accepted by others who share the same views as me.
That said, I have my fair share of concern for our limbless hero regarding his inclusion. Namely, it's the competition. Characters such as Shantae, Snake, Banjo, Bomberman, and Simon Belmont are big names that threaten to take away the coveted third party slots away from Rayman. The fact that he's from Ubisoft and has little to no popularity in Japan doesn't help his case.
In the end, however, Sakurai will be choosing one more third party newcomer. He will have to figure out who is the best candidate.
And it'll either be Rayman or it won't be Rayman.
Sakurai has a mindset that is completely different from the rest of us. He's the guy who put in Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, and R.O.B in despite the fact that no one was demanding them. The same can be said for Snake.
Who knows? Maybe Sakurai doesn't think Rayman is worthy enough to be in Smash. I wouldn't blame him. I mean, he's from a country that hardly knows who Rayman is, let alone Ubisoft.
Can I honestly see Rayman appear on the official website next to Ryu and Roy? No. But I'd love to be proven wrong. I really do. I'm just going to prepare for the worst, however.
It's not to be mean towards Rayman, but I'm just trying to keep myself from getting TOO optimistic for his chances.
Anyway, good night. Happy page 280.
#KeepOnFighting

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Before I bid you guys a good night, I just want to say a few words of gratitude and concern.
Being a part of this thread has been an amazing experience. Personally, this is the first time in which I am socially active with a group. I'm just extremely grateful that I can be accepted by others who share the same views as me.
That said, I have my fair share of concern for our limbless hero regarding his inclusion. Namely, it's the competition. Characters such as Shantae, Snake, Banjo, Bomberman, and Simon Belmont are big names that threaten to take away the coveted third party slots away from Rayman. The fact that he's from Ubisoft and has little to no popularity in Japan doesn't help his case.
In the end, however, Sakurai will be choosing one more third party newcomer. He will have to figure out who is the best candidate.
Sakurai has a mindset that is completely different from the rest of us. He's the guy who put in Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, and R.O.B in despite the fact that no one was demanding them. The same can be said for Snake.
Who knows? Maybe Sakurai doesn't think Rayman is worthy enough to be in Smash. I wouldn't blame him. I mean, he's from a country that hardly knows who Rayman is, let alone Ubisoft.
Can I honestly see Rayman appear on the official website next to Ryu and Roy? No. But I'd love to be proven wrong. I really do. I'm just going to prepare for the worst, however.
It's not to be mean towards Rayman, but I'm just trying to keep myself from getting TOO optimistic for his chances.
#KeepOnFighting
Glad you're a part of thread. :)

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
#KeepOnFighting
Shantae and Shovel Knight are not big names, I wouldn't put much on these two if to be honest. I don't think they really have the slimmest chance of getting in. Though I would worry about the others. I mean the game already have five gaming legends it be a huge step down if he puts in an Indie character of all things.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
#KeepOnFighting
I think I speak for us all if I say being part of this thread has been amazing

louie g

Smash Journeyman
It has been an amazing ride for Rayman, and even if he doesn't get in Smash, it has been nice to get to know you all!
This right here, not only have you guys helped me rediscover lost memories for ray, but this thread also helped me get into drawing more. I haven't been posting a lot, but the thread alone is the only reason why I use smashboards, truth be-told. It's always interesting hearing you guys bring up different subjects and talk about them, and I hope it continues!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
It has been an amazing ride for Rayman, and even if he doesn't get in Smash, it has been nice to get to know you all!
Yup! And don't forget, all of you guys are welcome to join Rayman-4-Smash to talk about all things Rayman, even if he doesn't become playable in the end.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
This right here, not only have you guys helped me rediscover lost memories for ray, but this thread also helped me get into drawing more. I haven't been posting a lot, but the thread alone is the only reason why I use smashboards, truth be-told. It's always interesting hearing you guys bring up different subjects and talk about them, and I hope it continues!
Strangely enough, this thread was also the only reason why I joined Smashboards.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Strangely enough, this thread was also the only reason why I joined Smashboards.
It was the reson why I joined Smashboards as well, since the I've branched into other threads. Not sticking into just one. It's still the main reason why I come back to see how things are going over here.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This thread has had a lot of ups and downs. At first, I was just another supporter who stumbled across the thread and wanted in because of Rayman being my most wanted not-Banjo character. Then the miracle of the Rayman trophy appeared and I made it my mission to take this thread, with Rayman already in the game in some form, his chances were better than ever. I wanted to rally up support so in the case that he really was just a trophy (which unfortunately came true) and we had DLC (which fortunately did happen and has left us even better off now with the ballot) he could actually join the battle. Things were mostly slow until the real bomb dropped, though Omni's fake leak was more of a blessing in disguise, since it turned over a lot of people and put Rayman in even more of an elevated position in the eyes of Smashers everywhere, who now see him as the next logical third party after Rock.

We also have the amazing regulars and the super supporters who've gone above and beyond even what I could have accomplished, you guys really make this place more than a support thread, but a home for anyone who's a fan of Rayman. I personally really like the group of artists we have too, since I like to draw as well (though I don't share much since it's not Rayman related). We've really got a bunch of individuals as diverse as the inhabitants of the Glade of Dreams in here, and it's wonderful.

Long post is longer than it should have been.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This thread has had a lot of ups and downs. At first, I was just another supporter who stumbled across the thread and wanted in because of Rayman being my most wanted not-Banjo character. Then the miracle of the Rayman trophy appeared and I made it my mission to take this thread, with Rayman already in the game in some form, his chances were better than ever. I wanted to rally up support so in the case that he really was just a trophy (which unfortunately came true) and we had DLC (which fortunately did happen and has left us even better off now with the ballot) he could actually join the battle. Things were mostly slow until the real bomb dropped, though Omni's fake leak was more of a blessing in disguise, since it turned over a lot of people and put Rayman in even more of an elevated position in the eyes of Smashers everywhere, who now see him as the next logical third party after Rock.

We also have the amazing regulars and the super supporters who've gone above and beyond even what I could have accomplished, you guys really make this place more than a support thread, but a home for anyone who's a fan of Rayman. I personally really like the group of artists we have too, since I like to draw as well (though I don't share much since it's not Rayman related). We've really got a bunch of individuals as diverse as the inhabitants of the Glade of Dreams in here, and it's wonderful.

Long post is longer than it should have been.
Couldn't of said it better myself. We're lucky to have a thread owner like you, James.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I seriously hope Rayman makes it in. He's a classic among classics and ever since that Omni leak happened, I've been seeking redemption.
Just as a dream scenario, but I would love it if was organized similarly to the Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer with there being a narrator and at the end, it would show Rayman from behind, walking into Battlefield.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I also joined Smashboards mainly to support Rayman in Smash.

Back when Sakurai was still releasing character trailers for Smash 4, I hoped that Rayman would make a surprise appearance at the end of each of them, and when he was announced as a trophy almost a year ago, I was more hyped then I had been for any other Smash 4 newcomer. That was the day I knew that Rayman had a chance to get in the game.

When the full roster was leaked, I was really disappointed in the lack of Rayman. I was finally ready to move on with my life without any Smash hype until this happened.
This pretty much changed everything. DLC was officially happening and my hopes for Rayman could skyrocket once more!

Let's support Rayman till the end, guys!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So far, the bombshell reveal of the year unquestionably goes to the announcement of the Smash Ballot. Not even FFVII or Shenmue 3 could top that announcement.
Seriously, we went from getting no DLC to getting full DLC support AND having an official poll.
That day, my friends, I knew we had to fight for our limbless hero. Back then, it was absolute anarchy here in the Smash community, as EVERYONE was trying to push for their character, including me. In fact, I campaigned at my school so much, some people even called me the guy who wants Rayman.
It was also enough for me to be promoted to the title of "Over-productive Glute." Thanks James!
That, in my eyes, was one of the best announcements Nintendo has EVER made. Granted, we don't know if Sakurai is using it to sugarcoat the idea that all DLC was predetermined.
That said, WE NEED RAYMAN FOR SMASH!!!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Do any of you fellow Rayman supporters still play Mario Kart 8?

School is out for me in 2 days, and I wanted to see if you guys are interested in joining a Rayman-themed tournament if I made one.

AreJay25

Just have to say, despite all that's happened, this place always tries to stay positive. And I like that.

Keep it up, guys.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Do any of you fellow Rayman supporters still play Mario Kart 8?

School is out for me in 2 days, and I wanted to see if you guys are interested in joining a Rayman-themed tournament if I made one.
I haven't played MK8 in a long time, and I still haven't got the DLC for it. Can people who don't have the DLC are able to race on those tracks with friends (I assume not).

Speaking of tournaments, I was also thinking of setting up a Rayman For Smash tournament when Smash's tournament mode comes out.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I haven't played MK8 in a long time, and I still haven't got the DLC for it. Can people who don't have the DLC are able to race on those tracks with friends (I assume not).

Speaking of tournaments, I was also thinking of setting up a Rayman For Smash tournament when Smash's tournament mode comes out.
Speaking of the same thing, I'm happy to announce the winners for the Rayman-4-Smash art contest over at DA, and I'm happy to say that you've won 2nd place. Congrats man!

http://rayman-4-smash.deviantart.com/journal/Contest-Results-and-Important-Update-541473814

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If Rayman was announced for Smash 4, what music would play out in your head to celebrate the occasion?
Personally, I would either have:
To One's Own Future from Xenoblade
or
Credits from Zelda: Twilight Princess.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If Rayman was announced for Smash 4, what music would play out in your head to celebrate the occasion?
Personally, I would either have:
To One's Own Future from Xenoblade
or
Credits from Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Either
Sweet Victory
or
We Are The Champions
Okay, I guess I'll do it.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hello fellow Electoons! How is everyone? (I'd probably know already if my dang notification system would STOP IGNORING THIS DANG THREAD >_<)

Got something cool to mention! This campaign has been added to the Notable Campaigns section I have been working on over on my help thread! I wanted to make sure everything looks ship shape, so I thought I'd stop by to give you all a yell. Here is a bit of the bio pulled from his section:

"Rundown: The main protagonist of the Rayman series, and mascot of Ubisoft. This limbless wonder is the hero of the Glade of Dreams. With a legacy spanning five wonderful titles (and a handful of spinoffs), this fellow protects and saves the residents of the Glade of Dreams almost on a regular basis. He did experience a few years of absence after the introduction of the Rabbids spinoffs (a fact fans disliked immensely..). Luckily Rayman, starting with Rayman origins in 2011-12, finally started to regain a foothold as a prominent videogame icon.
Smash talk: Don't let his cheerful personality and good sense of humor fool you. This limbless hero packs a punch, and is always up to a good challenge. Though fans have always wanted Rayman to join Smash, desire for this character skyrocketed after the fake Rayman leak created by Artsy Omni. Since then, Rayman has had a growing presence in the ballot. With a large fanbase, growing campaign, and an array of different moveset possibilities, Rayman's chances of getting in Smash (unlike his limbs), are far from non-existent!"

So, is it looking alright? If I missed any notable propaganda (in the section itself, information like thread owner, supporters, and what not is in the thread itself), feel free to let me know either here, or in the help thread itself. I want to make sure I have everything in order.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hello fellow Electoons! How is everyone? (I'd probably know already if my dang notification system would STOP IGNORING THIS DANG THREAD >_<)

Got something cool to mention! This campaign has been added to the Notable Campaigns section I have been working on over on my help thread! I wanted to make sure everything looks ship shape, so I thought I'd stop by to give you all a yell. Here is a bit of the bio pulled from his section:

"Rundown: The main protagonist of the Rayman series, and mascot of Ubisoft. This limbless wonder is the hero of the Glade of Dreams. With a legacy spanning five wonderful titles (and a handful of spinoffs), this fellow protects and saves the residents of the Glade of Dreams almost on a regular basis. He did experience a few years of absence after the introduction of the Rabbids spinoffs (a fact fans disliked immensely..). Luckily Rayman, starting with Rayman origins in 2011-12, finally started to regain a foothold as a prominent videogame icon.
Smash talk: Don't let his cheerful personality and good sense of humor fool you. This limbless hero packs a punch, and is always up to a good challenge. Though fans have always wanted Rayman to join Smash, desire for this character skyrocketed after the fake Rayman leak created by Artsy Omni. Since then, Rayman has had a growing presence in the ballot. With a large fanbase, growing campaign, and an array of different moveset possibilities, Rayman's chances of getting in Smash (unlike his limbs), are far from non-existent!"

So, is it looking alright? If I missed any notable propaganda (in the section itself, information like thread owner, supporters, and what not is in the thread itself), feel free to let me know either here, or in the help thread itself. I want to make sure I have everything in order.
It looks great to me, certain parts of it looks like it would be great for his trophy description.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

This is very, very nice.
Where are you putting this again? Is it on another thread on Smashboards, because I was confused by the wording of it.

Top Bottom