• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Remember Nintendo said that they have great support with third parties, mentioning Ubisoft..

They could present the game with Nintendo, as they did with Legends in the Wii U, I have hope guys! :)

And that's great if they want him in smash!

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Ubisoft only cares about dude bro shooters, casual games, and milking the hell out of Assassin's Creed.
I could see Nintendo announcing an exclusive Rayman title for Nintendo platforms, but I'm not holding my breath.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Remember Nintendo said that they have great support with third parties, mentioning Ubisoft..

They could present the game with Nintendo, as they did with the Wii U, I have hope guys! :)
Well, seeing it from a positive side, that would explain the lack of anything "cartoonish", seriously every game they showed off was guns and violence for the most part.

And geez, what's with all the members in the thread? And guests?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Nintendo is my last hope, since Ubisoft doesn't seem like they want to do anything.

I'll keep a little bit of hope that we see some kind of announcement tomorrow. But if not tomorrow, then... I don't know.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Cmon guys just because they didn't show Rayman? I thought it was pretty decent even without Rayman showing up. They could still be working on something but decided not show it yet. They got other franchises besides Rayman game ya know. A Rayman could be saved for later. Ya have to admit they at least did better than EA's conference. This may be a stretch but I'm hoping Rayman may show up at Nintendo's press conference tomorrow. I really don't want the game to be a PS exclusive at all.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I REALLY don't want the next Rayman to be a PlayStation exclusive.
I say this because he started on the PlayStation and is turning 20 this year.
If that's the case, we can say goodbye to Rayman's chances for Smash DLC.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, I'm back now. And seeing how Ubisoft just ended with no Rayman news, it's safe to say that they're on my list of most hated developers.
It's all over now.... Happy 20th anniversary, Rayman.

Rayman can join these guys now.
I'm sure that'll be an instant qualification for Rayman to be DLC now.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I REALLY don't want the next Rayman to be a PlayStation exclusive.
I say this because he started on the PlayStation and is turning 20 this year.
If that's the case, we can say goodbye to Rayman's chances for Smash DLC.
Well, we did get Ryu despite SFV being a PlayStation exclusive.
It will decrease Rayman's chances dramatically, but he won't be out of the question.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
And the whole chat was literally begging for Rayman to show up too. See even they were hoping for something Rayman related. I'm definitely holding out for Nintendo now. Especially with that third party reel for them.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I am not in a good mood right now.
Rayman deserves better than this, Ubisoft!
If you guys want him to be in Smash, you better run back to Ninty and make an exclusive Rayman game.
Otherwise, Rayman's chances for Smash just dropped by a large margin.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So we didn't get Rayman 4 at E3 this year from Ubisoft. Shame... :(
But we shouldn't give up. We'll fight for Rayman 4 and Rayman in Smash 4!

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Sorry for double post, but yeah, it's a little sad that all we saw about Rayman was this:

But the E3 hasn't ended, so let's have hope!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
They're officially worse trolls than Sakurai himself.
Remember the Omni leak? Remember the over-reactions? You're doing it again.

Don't talk like this is over, Nintendo mentioned Ubisoft, so Rayman still has a shot in the exact place we want him.

No crying until the end.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm just gonna say we may have jumped the gun. I'm over the conference now.

Wait until tomorrow. If we get something, great! If we don't, feel free to vent.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know, I could see a new Rayman being announced at Gamescom, which IS around Rayman's birthday.
Knowing Ubisoft, however, that probably won't happen.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I will give them credit for South Park, that does look rather interesting and I recently became a fan of the show.
Told my bro the good news and he's rather excited about that game. To be honest, I actually agree that South Park: A Fractured But Whole was the most interesting out of the presentation (dat pun). :laugh:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

They could present the game with Nintendo, as they did with Legends in the Wii U, I have hope guys! :)

And that's great if they want him in smash!
;3 I really like your optimism. But, seeing some feeling angry or disappointed that things didn't turn out like they expected, it reminds me even more of the Ridley fanbase, worrying about something that shouldn't cause that, I know you all expect to have something new, I understand, but I'm glad that In my case I never expect anything from any company, Rayman has been around for 20 years, and all those years made me appreciate him and consider him the hero of my childhood, and I don't need a new game (Like Origins or Legends for example) to feel that again, being able to make projects with him is my way to say thank you for existing.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
;3 I really like your optimism. But, seeing some feeling angry or disappointed that things didn't turn out like they expected, it reminds me even more of the Ridley fanbase, worrying about something that shouldn't cause that, I know you all expect to have something new, I understand, but I'm glad that In my case I never expect anything from any company, Rayman has been around for 20 years, and all those years made me appreciate him and consider him the hero of my childhood, and I don't need a new game (Like Origins or Legends for example) to feel that again, being able to make projects with him is my way to say thank you for existing.
I couldn't have said that any better....thank you, that's exactly how I feel right now...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If there's one thing I'm happy about, it's that Ubisoft isn't excluding the Wii U from the next gen console lineup.
When they announced the Just Dance Livestream, they said it was for only owners for current gen PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U.
Granted, it's nothing, but it shows they still consider the Wii U to be current gen.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
*Covers mouth and changes voice* I vote we give Rayman's copyrights to Nintendo.

Wha who said that? I would like that a lot though o3o

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
*Covers mouth and changes voice* I vote we give Rayman's copyrights to Nintendo.

Wha who said that? I would like that a lot though o3o
I'm just going to be honest..... I don't want any mascot character to just get thrown to Nintendo, just because it's Nintendo.... It's a companies mascot character , whether or not they use them right, it's their name stay character of their franchise...

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sony conference has ended with no sight of any Rayman game.
I'm looking forward to the Digital Event. Let's hope Nintendo has something up their sleeve.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, if people really want to spite Ubisoft for not releasing a video game because "it's his anniversary"....go ahead. But My thoughts about all this was said just 3 posts above...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm just going to be honest..... I don't want any mascot character to just get thrown to Nintendo, just because it's Nintendo.... It's a companies mascot character , whether or not they use them right, it's their name stay character of their franchise...
Honestly, I would only be okay with a company selling their mascot if said company is going bankrupt. Like say, Sega goes under, and they sell Sonic to Nintendo.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well AssCreed showed up in Sony's conference, so at least there's precedence for Ubisoft stuff to pop up after theirs.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Honestly, I would only be okay with a company selling their mascot if said company is going bankrupt. Like say, Sega goes under, and they sell Sonic to Nintendo.
If it comes to that...I guess I can reason with that...but only because money reasons, not "quality" or "care" reasons...because Nintendo doesn't care about EVERYTHING they have, just because it's Nintendo...

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I know people sometimes forget that Nintendo ignored some of their own franchises but yet they expect them to buy other companies IPs because they aren't getting what they want. Nintendo is really no better especially since most of their own franchises took years to get revived. Have people forgot that between Wii and Wii Us launch that 95% of the games were either a Mario or a Legend of Zelda game.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know people sometimes forget that Nintendo ignored some of their own franchises but yet they expect them to buy other companies IPs because they aren't getting what they want. Nintendo is really no better especially since most of their own franchises took years to get revived.
I see what you mean and it does get a bit baseless at times with that logic. Let's have the same company that forgets Metroid's anniversary and ignores requests for a new F-Zero buy the rights to Rayman and he hopefully won't be forgotten. We all know what Microsoft did to a certain bear n' bird since the release of Nuts and Bolts and I don't see the situation being any different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom