• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Great. That's all we need for this year. More bad news. I wouldn't be surprised if the higher-ups at Ubisoft had something to do with this as usual. With no BG&E2, I have fears that Rayman also got his disembodied foot in the grave. AGAIN.
Rayman isnt magically going to die off after Origins and legends.

no reason to be so overly doom and gloom guys. We still have the anniversary. Rayman isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Can I just say I'm not nearly as upset about this whole thing as I was last night?

I don't know, I guess it was just a heat of the moment sort of thing. I'm willing to remain optimistic about what happens next. Even if the chances seem slim.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Rayman isnt magically going to die off after Origins and legends.

no reason to be so overly doom and gloom guys. We still have the anniversary. Rayman isnt going anywhere anytime soon.
Don't be too sure about it, mate. It's happened before to others, namely Crash Bandicoot, and we were lucky that Rayman was brought back in 2010. But with Mr. Ancel now working on his own game for his indie studio, it's likely he may not be working on a new Rayman any time soon. We haven't even been told what the anniversary is going to be about, if ever.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Super Mario looks like it's going to have an amazing anniversary.
At least it's better than his last anniversary with him having a SNES compilation game on a disc, that I can tell you.

I'm sorry for sounding so negative recently. I really do want the best for Rayman, but I'm also preparing myself for the worst.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Don't be too sure about it, mate. It's happened before to others, namely Crash Bandicoot, and we were lucky that Rayman was brought back in 2010. But with Mr. Ancel now working on his own game for his indie studio, it's likely he may not be working on a new Rayman any time soon. We haven't even been told what the anniversary is going to be about, if ever.
Well, he didn't work in Rayman 3, so this isn't a problem.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
At least it's better than his last anniversary with him having a SNES compilation game on a disc, that I can tell you.

I'm sorry for sounding so negative recently. I really do want the best for Rayman, but I'm also preparing myself for the worst.
This, plus pretending that Super Mario Land never happened in the last anniversary. At least they fully acknowledged it this time on the 30th anniversary website this time around.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You know what?

I don't want a new Rayman this year.

I don't want them to rush it and have it turn out like garbage.
I was thinking that before, better to get nothing, instead of getting a game that is poorly made, just like it happened to Metroid (And Nintendo is already recieving a petition to get it cancelled), or in Ubisoft's case, Assassin's Creed Unity is a great example of a rushed game from their part.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I was thinking that before, better to get nothing, instead of getting a game that is poorly made, like just happened to Metroid (And Nintendo is already getting a petition of getting it cancelled), or in Ubisoft's case, Assassin's Creed Unity is a great example of a rushed game from their part.
My opinion exactly.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
If that happened again in another game, he would be still an advisor, right?
Maybe. Though I remember him saying that had he worked on Rayman 3 directly, it would've turned out different. I wonder if the next game that if he doesn't work on it directly, will it be any good as we hope it would?

BTW, any news on his WiLD game?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
You know what?

I don't want a new Rayman this year.

I don't want them to rush it and have it turn out like garbage.
Exactly, we defiantly don't want it to be like you know Sonic 06.

PS: Does anyone else think we may get another direct after this month or next month? If so I want it to be a big one because Nintendo's E3 this year left me dry amd salty.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
All this "Rayman should get into Smash because it's his 20th anniversary" stuff was crap.

If Sakurai worked like that, then Pac-Man would've been announced this year as DLC.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Rayman should get into Smash because he's Rayman and it would be absolutely amazing.

Having it happen on his birthday is just cake.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Guys, I feel kind of bad. I mean yes the direct wasn't all that great here were a couple of good stuff in there but they just showed to much off of Super Mario Maker. I think most of us just wanted to see most of these franchises to get revived like StarFox and Metroid. We wanted little to no Mario besides a spinoff or an HD remake.While the usual suspects like Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem would help carry the show.

We had too much expectations and they weren't met. I have to wonder how the higher ups are really taking all the backlash for this year for not having a big wow factor game besides StarFox. They apologized through Twitter for one thing and they didn't have to do that.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You know, with all of this talk, I've gotten over of it for now. I'm still a little miffed that Ubisoft didn't announced anything Rayman related. But even if they did, it probably wouldn't be enough to save this E3.

Still, I'll just wait until Ubisoft makes a real honest announcement regarding Rayman. I don't care if the game won't be available until a year or two from now. All I want is a clear confirmation that they're working on a Rayman game, and that'll be good enough for me.

AreJay25

Something to keep in mind is that E3 still has a day left. It's possible that we could still get a few new announcements.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971

while this means nothing it's kinda weird how they push GamesCOM and then put a winky face....

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

while this means nothing it's kinda weird how they push GamesCOM and then put a winky face....

Gamescom, huh? Well, let's just hope that they have better announcements than what we got for E3 overall.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
And if we don't.. well..
One thing that I was disappointed with Nintendo aside from the lack of new titles is that they didn't do a Muppet Show styled opening theme with a bunch of other Nintendo Muppets. Plus, no Waldorf and Statler to heckle on them in between. :(

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

If Rayman does get in and gets his own stage, I want this song to get in. I'm sure it's unlikely seeing as this is based on a real song, but still, wouldn't that be cool? :)
Also, this is probably just me, but seeing as how Ubisoft sent Sakurai an actual 3D model of Rayman made by themselves, do you think Rayman is secretly DLC, and he'll be revealed for that Gamescon thing? Maybe they're making a stage? I'm probably crazy for thinking that, but seeing as Ryu got a stage and was let in, I'll believe anything at this point. :p

AreJay25

I can't see it. What is it supposed to be?
It says there's an "Unnanounced Ubisoft game" to be shown off on Gamespot tomorrow. I checked their site just to make sure and there is indeed a slot for that.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

It's nice to see companies respond to comments like this. Iwata actually recently said he would take the disappointing reception of their conference this year into consideration when making their next conference.

If Rayman does get in and gets his own stage, I want this song to get in. I'm sure it's unlikely seeing as this is based on a real song, but still, wouldn't that be cool? :)
Also, this is probably just me, but seeing as how Ubisoft sent Sakurai an actual 3D model of Rayman made by themselves, do you think Rayman is secretly DLC, and he'll be revealed for that Gamescon thing? Maybe they're making a stage? I'm probably crazy for thinking that, but seeing as Ryu got a stage and was let in, I'll believe anything at this point. :p
Right next to Tricky Treasure, this would be perfect for a reveal trailer.
It says there's an "Unnanounced Ubisoft game" to be shown off on Gamespot tomorrow. I checked their site just to make sure and there is indeed a slot for that.
Please please please please.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
At this rate, the new Rayman will probably be a launch title for the NX.
I heard Nintendo is shifting the next Metroid to the NX.
Do you guys think the next Rayman will release on the Wii U?

Last edited:
Top Bottom