• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Remember the Omni leak? Remember the over-reactions? You're doing it again.

Don't talk like this is over, Nintendo mentioned Ubisoft, so Rayman still has a shot in the exact place we want him.

No crying until the end.
Okay, you got a point. I may have blown a fuse there. Sorry about that.

Ubisoft only cares about dude bro shooters, casual games, and milking the hell out of Assassin's Creed.
I could see Nintendo announcing an exclusive Rayman title for Nintendo platforms, but I'm not holding my breath.
Well if that's the case, then I can understand saving Rayman for tomorrow since he would appeal more to Nintendo's demographic. But I'm not gonna hold my breath until then.

You know, I could see a new Rayman being announced at Gamescom, which IS around Rayman's birthday.
Knowing Ubisoft, however, that probably won't happen.
When is that going to be, BTW?
Considering if they don't show anything for tomorrow, then I definitely see no reason of it happening at all.

*Covers mouth and changes voice* I vote we give Rayman's copyrights to Nintendo.

Wha who said that? I would like that a lot though o3o
Now that's the same thing that I've been thinking of, mainly as a last ditch effort.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So if Ubisoft won't be announcing anything Rayman related at this E3, if they won't for today, WHEN will they ever announce it?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I really like it! Nice drawing!
:] Thanks, Jaster.

To be honest, I wanted to do more with the drawing...but I lost the motivation to finish it yesterday because of my mood. But I'm glad you and the others seem to like it still.

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So if Ubisoft won't be announcing anything Rayman related at this E3, if they won't for today, WHEN will they ever announce it?
If I had to give my opinion, maybe it could be at a date that's for a holiday release, like Christmas. I don't know many event names, but I heard someone drop Momocon or something like that...

Nice.

BTW, on the subject of Rayman, I vouch that Micheal Ancel should buy the IP rights from Ubisoft and use Kickstarter to fund a proper Rayman 4 ala Shenume 3. :p
Thanks. And well, if that meant the creator to make more games on his own behalf, that could be ok, I guess.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
No Rayman shown, unfortuantely, but it was a pretty decent event. Not as good as last years, but still pretty good. I loved the Muppet versions of Reggie, Iwata, and Miyamoto.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
If anything we still have gamescom and Rayman's aniversary is pretty close to that soooooo... maybe?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
You guys still think Rayman should be bought by Nintendo? To be honest they shouldn't deal with other people IPs, they can barley keep up with their own. Then if they do worry about it, they'll end up forgetting about it in another couple of years, and people would say, "Nintendo killed this name popular franchise that people want Nintendo to buy". So they shouldn't buy out other companies IPs if anything they need to deal with their owns first.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Some information from twitter says that Ubisoft has a game to announce on Wednesday.
Well, I gotta say, fool us once, shame on you Ubisoft. Fool us twice, shame on us. I'm still not going to expect much from this, unless they're keeping it as a last minute surprise, similar to what they did with Pac Man for last year's E3.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Well, I gotta say, fool us once, shame on you Ubisoft. Fool us twice, shame on us. I'm still not going to expect much from this, unless they're keeping it as a last minute surprise, similar to what they did with Pac Man for last year's E3.
fool us three times and they're officially THAT company.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
fool us three times and they're officially THAT company.
Exactly, only I'll just stick with the fool us twice bit for the time since I have no confidence in Ubisoft redeeming themselves at this point.

BTW, what do you all think of Nintendo's E3 press?

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I liked it. But I think I am one of the few. A lot of people feel like it had way too little games.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Exactly, only I'll just stick with the fool us twice bit for the time since I have no confidence in Ubisoft redeeming themselves at this point.

BTW, what do you all think of Nintendo's E3 press?
Some fans that I know of are not amused...it's like Deja vu.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The Nintendo Direct only had two things that interested me. Star Fox Zero (of course) and Paper Jam. The new Fire Emblem too but we already knew about that. Everything else was... meh.

Sad thing is that the Smash Direct was probably the most hype thing about Nintendo's E3 for me, and almost everything in it got leaked.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
You know I think this may be the finale for the Wii U why else would they give such a lackluster presentation? Not to mention they mentioned the NX saying it maybe ready next year. I still think we may have some good stuff left for the Wii U but really, I just think they're ready to move on.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The Nintendo Direct only had two things that interested me. Star Fox Zero (of course) and Paper Jam. The new Fire Emblem too but we already knew about that. Everything else was... meh.

Sad thing is that the Smash Direct was probably the most hype thing about Nintendo's E3 for me, and almost everything in it got leaked.
Agreed with those games xD, and well the other things they showed were already known.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You know I think this may be the finale for the Wii U why else would they give such a lackluster presentation? Not to mention they mentioned the NX saying it maybe ready next year. I still think we may have some good stuff left for the Wii U but really, I just think they're ready to move on.
If they are going to move on with the NX, I hope it won't end up being a Wii U 2. I really hope they focus more on traditional-styled gameplay and less on shovelware party games. If Ubisoft ends up skipping out on that along with the other third parties on launch, then all hope is lost.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
On the bright side, at least the Wii U is going to have a good holiday season.
We're getting:
Star Fox Zero
Xenoblade X
Super Mario Maker
Fatal Frame V
Devils Third
Yoshis Woolly World
Animal Crossing Amiibo Party
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
That said, I'm pretty disappointed with both Nintendo and Ubisoft. What Nintendo did to Metroid is criminal.
Ubisoft ignoring Rayman is also sad. The fact that Samus and Rayman aren't going to get much for their birthdays is sad.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
On the bright side, at least the Wii U is going to have a good holiday season.
We're getting:
Star Fox Zero
Xenoblade X
Super Mario Maker
Fatal Frame V
Devils Third
Yoshis Woolly World
Animal Crossing Amiibo Party
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
That said, I'm pretty disappointed with both Nintendo and Ubisoft. What Nintendo did to Metroid is criminal.
Ubisoft ignoring Rayman is also sad. The fact that Samus and Rayman aren't going to get much for their birthdays is sad.
They didn't showed nothing related to Rayman in the E3, yes, but his birthday is on 1st september and Ubisoft said they have great stuff, I don't think they lied, all we need is to wait. Do you think a new character from smash could be presented in the Treehouses? And which one?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
They didn't showed nothing related to Rayman in the E3, yes, but his birthday is on 1st september and Ubisoft said they have great stuff, I don't think they lied, all we need is to wait. Do you think a new character from smash could be presented in the Treehouses? And which one?
Is that still going on? If anyone, it's most likely Wolf at this point.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
That's the same thing Capcom pulled on us regarding Mega Man's 25th anniversary. The only thing they gave us was just tons of merchandise and zero games. Ubisoft would probably do more worse than them regarding this if they don't deliver on their so-called promise. They'll probably just say "Thank you for celebrating Rayman's 20th anniversary with us. We'll just post more Rayman related images on Twitter and Facebook and maybe release another version of Rayman Fiesta Run" or something to that effect.

Boy do I feel bad for all the Metroid fans at this point.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The main problem with the Digital Event was that, with a couple exceptions, they didn't really show anything new. Last year, we had Splatoon, more Smash characters, Codename S.T.E.A.M, and Wooly World coming back from the dead.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the StarFox tease.

Last edited:
Top Bottom