• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I just found one of our own on dA earlier today. The Rayman for Smash group always has a lot of new images popping up.

How do you do it?
Like NSU said, there seems to be a lot of Rayman fans on DA. I never get that many people to see the stuff I post...well, until I had a massive art dump a month ago, which funny enough, had Rayman stuff involved with them.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
They're really tight lipped about this, aren't they?

Speaking of trolling, here's the newest Retro Rayman.

Hmmm.... I can't help but to feel there's something familiar about this one.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Well, gotta say it took them long enough to Raymanify one of gaming's classics.

All we need now is Pong. xD

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, for three years now, Ubisoft has held a surprise at the end of their E3 conferences. They are as follows:
E3 2012: Watch Dogs
E3 2013: The Division
E3 2014: Rainbow Six: Siege
If Ubisoft wants to bring the hype, then they should show Rayman 4 at the end of their conference.
Then again, I could also see Prince of Persia or Beyond Good & Evil returning.
However, it's Rayman's 20th anniversary. Rayman 4 needs to happen, Ubisoft.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So, for three years now, Ubisoft has held a surprise at the end of their E3 conferences. They are as follows:
E3 2012: Watch Dogs
E3 2013: The Division
E3 2014: Rainbow Six: Siege
If Ubisoft wants to bring the hype, then they should show Rayman 4 at the end of their conference.
Then again, I could also see Prince of Persia or Beyond Good & Evil returning.
However, it's Rayman's 20th anniversary. Rayman 4 needs to happen, Ubisoft.
Let's hope they save the best for last, namely a Rayman 4. I can't stand having their conference to end on a sour note this year.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Let's hope they save the best for last, namely a Rayman 4. I can't stand having their conference to end on a sour note this year.
Any Rayman game is fine at this point, even if it's a 2D platformer.
As long as it comes to Wii U or 3DS, Rayman has a good shot at making it in as Smash DLC.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
What do Earthbound, Killer Instinct and Rayman have in common? They were all at the first E3.

Why has nobody ever pointed this out before? This may not be Macy's Day Parade material, but it looks awesome.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Back in E3 2010, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Rayman, Ubisoft announced Rayman Origins, which was set to be the grand return for Rayman.
It may have been 5 years ago, but it's still on our minds.
The year is 2015, and Rayman and E3 are turning 20 this year. It's also been nearly 10 years since that Rayman 4 trailer was released, resulting in a game that nearly killed the franchise.
Much like how Rayman made his grand return to the 2D platformer 5 years ago, it would only seem right to have him return to the 3D platformer. It would be quite a way to celebrate one of gaming's most unique and beloved characters.
If Ubisoft truly wants to impress this year, they're going to have to pay homage to the character that put them on the map.
There would be no Ubisoft had it not been for Michel Ancel and Rayman.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Back in E3 2010, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Rayman, Ubisoft announced Rayman Origins, which was set to be the grand return for Rayman.
It may have been 5 years ago, but it's still on our minds.
The year is 2015, and Rayman and E3 are turning 20 this year. It's also been nearly 10 years since that Rayman 4 trailer was released, resulting in a game that nearly killed the franchise.
Much like how Rayman made his grand return to the 2D platformer 5 years ago, it would only seem right to have him return to the 3D platformer. It would be quite a way to celebrate one of gaming's most unique and beloved characters.
If Ubisoft truly wants to impress this year, they're going to have to pay homage to the character that put them on the map.
There would be no Ubisoft had it not been for Michel Ancel and Rayman.
I agree with you, we've seen that Rayman made his return to the 2D very well. Why don't we see his return to the 3D platforms?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I know. But I'm talking about this.

I wonder what happened to that bit, why wasn't that in the final game?

What do Earthbound, Killer Instinct and Rayman have in common? They were all at the first E3.

That actually looks really cool! I'm impressed with the quality.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I wonder what happened to that bit, why wasn't that in the final game?
They stated it was just a test demo to showcase for E3. But yeah, it stinks that it's not in the final game in any form.

BTW, didn't Ubisoft recently grabbed the trademark for Tetris last year?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
They stated it was just a test demo to showcase for E3. But yeah, it stinks that it's not in the final game in any form.

BTW, didn't Ubisoft recently grabbed the trademark for Tetris last year?
I think they got the publishing rights, but the trademark is owned by the Tetris Company.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I can't seem to find many animated sprites from Rayman 1, anyone have a secret stash/know how to rip and animate them?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Here are some animated sprites, I don't know how to rip them, maybe others can help you.

Extra:

xD Haha, oh, you. You and that R3 Ray gif

Well, I wonder this as well, but I guess no one has went out of their way to rip Ray's sprites from R1 (PS1) for some reason... But I wish I had them too...

Last edited:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
The normal sprites are in Spriters-resource:

They're not animated but I think there are all the Rayman animations. they're from the GBA version I guess.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You would think a game as well animated as the original Rayman would have the animated sprites ready to go on the internet.

Nope.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The normal sprites are in Spriters-resource:

They're not animated but I think there are all the Rayman animations. they're from the GBA version I guess.
Yeah, I am aware of those sprites of R1 Ray. But I checked and it's not every animation I seen happen in the original game for some reason, but I guess it's not that easy to do I suppose...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Here are some animated sprites, I don't know how to rip them, maybe others can help you.
I'm working on splitting the one in the middle into separate parts.

But it's missing a lot of the animations from the game, like the stage clear, shudder, look around, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom