• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Wow...And they even used the music from Rayman Arena in the background as well, too...
Well, I didn't saw that trailer until years later, but, if I had seen it before the Rabbids stuff, I would have been really disappointed, like now with Syndicate.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I didn't saw that trailer until years later, but, if I had seen in before the Rabbids stuff, I would have been really disappointed, like now with Syndicate.
Pretty much. I never saw that video until now and...yep, I would have cried...

Of sadness, not of joy... Especially since my brother got me RRR...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Pretty much. I never saw that video until now and...yep, I would have cried...

Of sadness, not of joy... Especially since my brother got me RRR...
Yeah, me too TT ^ TT but I'm cryin' now, at least internally, dang it, Ubi.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
rip in sanic
...Well, Sonic's always teetering, so I can tolerate that. Plus he's had more good games then Rayman, only by numbers of games released...Rayman for me only had 5, four I've played...But having RR at the time I was wanting a "Rayman 4", and realizing I almost got...twice...It killed it for me...if it wasn't for the newer games and I guess Smash, I may not be a Rayman fan anymore as much as I still am now...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
View attachment 51286
An excuse to practice some human figure out of boredom. Is not perfect, but eh, I did what I could.
There's something funny about Rayman's soccer shirt still having sleeves. Great work!
Man, do I have some news to share with you guys.
Operation Rayfall has passed the 200 mark!:colorful::colorful::colorful:
Passing out 8 vote forms today has brought the total to exactly 200.
Hope I helped Rayman's cause.
Awesome! You certainly did help the cause. You deserve a break.

AndreaAC

There's something funny about Rayman's soccer shirt still having sleeves. Great work!

Awesome! You certainly did help the cause. You deserve a break.

xD I was not going to put them into the drawing, but then I saw RL's french football team uniform, and I added them, :3 Glad you liked it.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Did you see this "Fairy" from Rayman 3?

(The first time I saw it, I thought she didn't have legs and that was a skirt, but no.. xD)

It's a sticker from the print studio, it seems like a version of Ly in Rayman 3, I'm glad she didn't appear with that look.. at least we have her glorious design from Rayman 2 (in form of statue :(, but we have it).

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

(The first time I saw it, I thought she didn't have legs and that was a skirt, but no.. xD)

It's a sticker from the print studio, it seems like a version of Ly in Rayman 3, I'm glad she didn't appeared with that look.. at least we have her glorious design from Rayman 2 (in form of statue :(, but we have it).
Ugh.... ._. I hate seeing this... I so glad that she didn't end up like this either, but I still wish she was more than that one statue in 3 still...

AndreaAC

It's a sticker from the print studio, it seems like a version of Ly in Rayman 3, I'm glad she didn't appeared with that look.. at least we have her glorious design from Rayman 2 (in form of statue :(, but we have it).
xD I think I was the first one to show that design here pages ago, but it's horrendous.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
What do you think of "this" Ly:

I think is the model they were going to use for her appearance in Rayman 3, I don't like her face.. it would be better with bigger eyes and green lips (the last face is scary..)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I think is the model they were going to use for her appearance in Rayman 3, I don't like his face.. it would be better with bigger eyes and green lips (the last face is scary..)
Everything you said I agree with. The only one I like is R2/ R3 Statue. This is why I wish she'd return in future 3D games, so that they can make a HD version of that design/model for her....

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I think is the model they were going to use for her appearance in Rayman 3, I don't like his face.. it would be better with bigger eyes and green lips (the last face is scary..)
xD I showed that one too, and I prefer her old hairstyle and overall face...but the body is ok.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I think is the model they were going to use for her appearance in Rayman 3, I don't like her face.. it would be better with bigger eyes and green lips (the last face is scary..)
Huh, I've never seen this before.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Huh, I've never seen this before.
Have you seen this before than?

LY.png

This is a fan made model some person did years ago for a game project I believe, or maybe just a test thing. I think it's nice, but a few things I'd like a bit better if the face was more like R2. But it's still better than the ones above... ._.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

View attachment 51355
This is a fan made model some person did years ago for a game project I believe, or maybe just a test thing. I think it's nice, but a few things I'd like a bit better if the face was more like R2. But it's still better than the ones above... ._.
Aside from the hair, I actually really like that model for Ly.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Aside from the hair, I actually really like that model for Ly.
Yeah. The hair could be better, maybe like how I got it for the way I draw Ly. I feel the hair like that works better for her, judging from this.
2603-rayman-009-vgsbm.jpg

Pretty much the best model of her, being the poster renders of course..

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
:( I wanted to see Ly doing that in the game, but we only see her giving powers to Rayman.
Well, in R2 she lost most of her powers thanks to Razorbeard's influence. But maybe if they ever brought her back, they could give her more abilities for her to use for Rayman, and even enough for her to be playable, I'd wish...

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

View attachment 51355
Eh, I can't really complain much about this. If this was Ubisoft, they'd probably given her the same treated like what they did with Betilla in terms of body design.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Eh, I can't really complain much about this. If this was Ubisoft, they'd probably given her the same treated like what they did with Betilla in terms of body design.
I'm more than comfident they'd do that, to my dismay. ._. There is a fan art drawing of that as well...

rayman_origins_ly_by_raygirl-d4dr21q.jpg

I'd hope this doesn't become of her if they stick to 2D Rayman games that are like Origins/Legends...

What do you think of this one? It was used on in the GBA version of Raving Rabbids.
I didn't really like it that much, although I find it "better" than the 3D model with the smaller eyes like that for R3 posted above. It's still better than that redesign for her for R3, period... ._.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

View attachment 51355
O__O HOLY POLOKUS, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE! IS SO PRETTY!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
With the risk of sounding like a perv, I actually like Betilla's redesign in Origins, it would not work for Ly though.
Although Rayman would enjoy it :p

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
O__O HOLY POLOKUS, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE! IS SO PRETTY!
I didn't know you never seen this one before. But yeah, it's my second favorite one that isn't the official one of R2...it's sad that fans can do better than the likes of "professionals" when it comes to this...

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971

View attachment 51355
well that was made by Adsolution/Cody who's the main developer of Rayman: Revenge of the Dark. she's supposed to be younger here.
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5521

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
With the risk of sounding like a perv, I actually like Betilla's redesign in Origins, it would not work for Ly though.
Although Rayman would enjoy it :p
It's fine, we all have preferences. As much as Betilla's new design doesn't fully bother me (I didn't even realized it was her until I looked it up), but agreed, I don't want Ly to look that way in that style... ._.

well that was made by Adsolution/Cody who's the main developer of Rayman: Revenge of the Dark. she's supposed to be younger here.
http://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5521
Ah. I figured it might have been from him. If that means Ly would be in his game, I'm already liking his game much more now.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm starting to run out of reasons for people to vote for Rayman on the Ballot.

If you guys don't mind, can each of you please give me one reason why Rayman should be in Smash? Please and thank you.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm starting to run out of reasons for people to vote for Rayman on the Ballot.

If you guys don't mind, can each of you please give me one reason why Rayman should be in Smash? Please and thank you.
Can I ask, what have you said so far that would be worth adding to the reasons for his inclusion? So we can have a bases of what to add?

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Ly is supposed to appear in the game as a younger protector of the glade. she thinks Rayman is Dark Rayman and tries to kill him in a chase section. some concept art of this 'chase section' appears in an old video of him.

Top Bottom