• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I won't be hyped unless if there's anything Rayman related. I won't make the same mistake like with last year.
Yeah, but you know Ubisoft said "Great stuff in the works for the 20th anniversary", I know that can be anything (collection packs or something like that). But if Ubisoft said that I'm pretty sure we'll see Rayman in the E3.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sometimes I summarize everything that would make Rayman a good addition.
I also focus on two positive traits of Rayman, such as:
  1. His uniqueness as a fighter.
  2. His history on Nintendo hardware
  3. Rayman Legends being published by Nintendo in Japan.
  4. How his series has sold 26 million copies.
  5. How he's got three trophies.
  6. Him being Ubisoft's mascot.
This is just a few reasons Rayman makes more sense than 99% of other third party characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm putting my hopes in either a new 3D Rayman game or Rayman in Smash.

Probably a third UbiArt game if anything.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'd be fine with another UbiArt game, but it's been soooooo long since a 3D game. I'd rather just have that.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I'd be fine with another UbiArt game, but it's been soooooo long since a 3D game. I'd rather just have that.
It's been so long
Since I last have seen my son
Lost to this monster

The UbiArt's games are so funny, but seriously, I need a Rayman's story again, like in Rayman 2/3, I NEED IT.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It's been so long
Since I last have seen my son
Lost to this monster

The UbiArt's games are so funny, but seriously, I need a Rayman's story again, like in Rayman 2/3, I NEED IT.
TT ^ TT Me too! please, Ubi! >_> I would forgive them if they did that.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
TT ^ TT Me too! please, Ubi! >_> I would forgive them if they did that.
At this point, I need them to make a Rayman 4, THE Rayman 4 for me to forgive them for all the crap they pushed out at times, and one, cancelling R4 twice, and (sorry fans) creating the Rabbids that nearly killed my love of my secondary childhood hero.

And most importantly, GIVE ME LY THE FAIRY BACK, PLEASE! T^T.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

At this point, I need them to make a Rayman 4, THE Rayman 4 for me to forgive them for all the crap they pushed out at times, and one, cancelling R4 twice, and (sorry fans) creating the Rabbids that nearly killed my love of my secondary childhood hero.

And most importantly, GIVE ME LY THE FAIRY BACK, PLEASE! T^T.
I agree, totally. and!

I want the Walking Shell back with the silly music.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I agree, totally. and!

I want the Walking Shell back with the silly music.
Agreed. That would be just as perfect of a callback instead of Ly if we could get the Shell to come back as well, I'd love that.

But still, me want Ly back to. ... >.>

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Agreed. That would be just as perfect of a callback instead of Ly if we could get the Shell to come back as well, I'd love that.

But still, me want Ly back to. ... >.>
I want her too, but I just love that thing, and exploding with it. =u=

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Look.
The only reason I included that reason on some of my vote forms is because Sakurai tends to be bias to Japan the majority of the time.
From now on, I will not include that reason.
Happy? Good. I'm happy if you're happy.
You seem a bit upset. If I said anything that was rude, I'm sorry.

View attachment 51439
Hell yeah Hype. Rayman isn't going to sleep until that day comes! xD
This was me when the fake leak was released, I couldn't sleep.

Also, a question for all of you? We've all said our two cents on the Rabbids. But let's go back to 2006, when, as far as we knew, Raving Rabbids was still a platformer. What did you think of the Rabbids as new enemies for Rayman?

Me personally, I loved them, they seemed like really odd yet charming enemies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Also, a question for all of you? We've all said our two cents on the Rabbids. But let's go back to 2006, when, as far as we knew, Raving Rabbids was still a platformer. What did you think of the Rabbids as new enemies for Rayman?

Well, the only experience I have to them as proper "enemies", was when I got to see a LP of RRR on the DS, which is the only time I could see them as such. Granted, them as enemies are ok, I wouldn't mind them as such. But it's only the mini game series that made me hate them is why I feel that way about them.

Rayman however I can tell hates them no matter what judging the commercial tv series. :awesome:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well, the first time I saw them, I was without words, and I honestly wouldn't have minded as enemies you could actually fight with instead of having to play minigames, and thanks to Nintendo, it didn't turned out that way just for looking "too violent" because of Rayman kicking the Rabbids, but of course, you can kill an innocent looking caterpillar with a hat that has a pretty flower by stepping on it in Mario with no problem at all.

=_= I better don't relive those memories.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, the first time I saw them, I was without words, and I honestly wouldn't have minded as enemies you could actually fight with instead of having to play minigames, and thanks to Nintendo, it didn't turned out that way just for looking "too violent" because of Rayman kicking the Rabbids, but of course, you can kill an innocent looking caterpillar with a hat that has a pretty flower by stepping on it in Mario with no problem at all.

=_= I better don't relive those memories.
Actually, the reason RRR turned into a mini-game collection was because of the team receiving Wii dev kits, and doing so many different gameplay styles, they turned it into a mini-game collection.
It's stupid, but that's what happened.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I managed to pass out 7 vote forms today, which brings the total up to 207 potential votes for Rayman.

Oh, I wasn't upset. You also did not say anything rude.
I'm just saying, we could use more Western characters in general. In fact, that's another reason why he should be in.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Actually, the reason RRR turned into a mini-game collection was because of the team receiving Wii dev kits, and doing so many different gameplay styles, they turned it into a mini-game collection.
Well, it's that decision that made me, and possibly a lot of other classic fans of Rayman have bad memories of those darn things...if they were just as they were in that cancelled Rayman 4 game, the game we all wanted to happen at that time especially, and not first introduces into something that "killed" the Rayman series, then I'm sure people wouldn't have a problem with those things as much as they do...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Really? wow, I wish I could remember where did I saw the reason I mentioned, but it was many years ago, and it got stuck in my head. but still, you are right, it's stupid and it's still nintendo's fault that Rayman went downhill.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Really? wow, I wish I could remember where did I saw the reason I mentioned, but it was many years ago, and it got stuck in my head. but still, you are right, it's stupid and it's still nintendo's fault that Rayman went downhill.
All because of their stigma that "new system gimmick means all games must use that gimmick" idea really made me have a hatred towards the Wii at the time as well also. It's really was unnecessary that Nintendo had to force this onto games on their system, and it really did bad for Rayman's case especially...

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
You know, if they do another ubi art game, I really hope they include a level maker, kinda like Rayman Designer. I'd jump on that so hard.

We really do need a 3D game though.

AndreaAC

All because of their stigma that "new system gimmick means all games must use that gimmick" idea really made me have a hatred towards the Wii at the time as well also. It's really was unnecessary that Nintendo had to force this onto games on their system, and it really did bad for Rayman's case especially...
Well, event if what I saw as the reason many years ago isn't the actual reason, I won't change my mind about it, since I already developed something out of it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, if they do another ubi art game, I really hope they include a level maker, kinda like Rayman Designer. I'd jump on that so hard.

That would be neat, I wonder if that could work in a 3D setting as well.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I've never seen the RRR being platformer (I saw that trailer years after RRR), first time I was like, haha, those rabbids say "DAAAH!" but Rayman is here to defeat them! RRR2 came, Oh again you hehe.. RRRTV came, OH GOD LET RAYMAN ALONE! Rabbids Go Home came.. Yeah.. go home, GO HOME! I don't want to mention the other Rabbids' games.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

You just reminded me, the UbiArt engine was supposed to be available for everyone.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I've never seen the RRR being platformer (I saw that trailer years after RRR), first time I was like, haha, those rabbids say "DAAAH!" but Rayman is here to defeat them! RRR2 came, Oh again you hehe.. RRRTV came, OH GOD LET RAYMAN ALONE! Rabbids Go Home came.. Yeah.. go home, GO HOME! I don't want to mention the other Rabbids' games.
That's pretty much my reaction after I had to play one of the minigames on the Wii, as I felt it was something that wasn't "Rayman" related at all. Hell, if the Rabbids series was it's own thing and not connected to Rayman in any way? I wouldn't have any problems with them at all, imo.

You just reminded me, the UbiArt engine was supposed to be available for everyone.
As a downloadable kind of thing?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

This was totally me as well. but, that's in the past, gladly.

Top Bottom