• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Their entire press conference could be Just Dance, yet they will still win E3 for me if they announced Rayman for Smash or Rayman 4.
That's what I'm afraid of. It'll be nothing BUT Just Dance and other random junk we hardly care about. It's a mistake that I'm trying to avoid unless if they do announce anything Rayman related.

BTW, if it is another UbiArt game, I'm hoping it would be more than just a Rayman Origins 3 by making vast improvements over the other two games, like making it as a more adventure based game rather than a linear 2D platformer, with one thing that I want for this is a better and stronger plot compared to make of the lack of it in the last two games.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Not bad, not bad at all. You went the route I almost took, so I'm glad I did what I did. Good job, nicely done Andrea.
Thanks but no big deal, I really didn't wanted to take much time doing it, and Shay's expression mostly reflects mine, bored while working.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks but no big deal, I really didn't wanted to take much time doing it, and Shay's expression mostly reflects mine, bored while working.
I can tell, you tend to do that in your works, reflecting off your current mood and such. I feel the same, honestly atm, as usual. But still, I like how it turned out, it's good.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
That's what I'm afraid of. It'll be nothing BUT Just Dance and other random junk we hardly care about. It's a mistake that I'm trying to avoid unless if they do announce anything Rayman related.

BTW, if it is another UbiArt game, I'm hoping it would be more than just a Rayman Origins 3 by making vast improvements over the other two games, like making it as a more adventure based game rather than a linear 2D platformer, with one thing that I want for this is a better and stronger plot compared to make of the lack of it in the last two games.
I'm honestly hoping for another Rayman 3D platformer.

Weren't the trophies of Rayman, Globox, and Barbara featured in Smash U supposed to be models used for a Rayman game?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Something like a Metriodvania? I could see Rayman working in that genre. Though I would still prefer a 3D game, we have a severe lack of 3D platformers, though I hope Yooka-Laylee changes that.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Something like a Metriodvania? I could see Rayman working in that genre. Though I would still prefer a 3D game, we have a severe lack of 3D platformers, though I hope Yooka-Laylee changes that.
Well, I would think Rayman 2 with that, but a Metroidvania Rayman game? I guess that would be...interesting on how that would work out.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey! I'm all in for a 3D Rayman. Nothing's gonna stop me from wanting it. I'm just saying if they'll stick with the 2D again, just at least spice things up a bit, and let's hope they don't cut out TOO much concept content like they've done since Origins.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
The trophies weren't made for a Rayman game, they were models made just for the trophies.
Okay. I thought I heard from somewhere that there was recently a 3D Rayman game that was cancelled because of the sales of Legends. I think someone who read the History of Rayman book said that it had details on the game.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Okay. I thought I heard from somewhere that there was recently a 3D Rayman game that was cancelled because of the sales of Legends. I think someone who read the History of Rayman book said that it had details on the game.
Maybe it was just people speculating on why Ubisoft made the models in the first place. But as said above, it's most likely they were made purely for Smash Bros.

AndreaAC

Tomahawk.jpg

Rayman running around with a Tomahawk because boredom, I will let you decide what he is chasing.

Also, Connor's Tomahawk is best Tomahawk.

AndreaAC

I guess he's going on another Rabbids killin' spre-

Umm, I mean giving Master Connor's Tomahawk back to him, and "praticin' with it" as well. .u. Nice little drawing Andrea, looks nice.
>u> Yeah...let's go with that, and thanks!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So they've brought back the Retro Rayman. I wonder if this has anything to do with whatever they'll announce at E3?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Not to go into full conspiracy theorist mode here... but does anyone else find it odd how most of these Retro Rayman pics are based on classic Nintendo games?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Not to go into full conspiracy theorist mode here... but does anyone else find it odd how most of these Retro Rayman pics are based on classic Nintendo games?
We noticed that, and with one being Raymanized Smash Bros one time, it does raise a eyebow or two...

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Today was an OK performance for Operation Rayfall with 5 vote forms being passed out. Rayman now has 212 potential votes.

AndreaAC

dagger.jpg

Felt like doing some kind of random painting and practice some weaponry, so I just drew Ray with one of Shay's daggers.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
>_> the shading was randomly placed and made, and thanks. :)
Imo, the shading on his body and hair looks fine to me, the colors themselves makes him "pop out" like he has depth to him. I like it, it looks really interesting. But no problem Andrea, keep on doing a great job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom