• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Something just hit me.

You guys know that Mewtwo was announced before the start of his development, right?

I'm thinking that the same could happen for Rayman at this year's E3.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Something just hit me.

You guys know that Mewtwo was announced before the start of his development, right?

Well...They kinda did that to reveal that DLC was a thing for Smash 4. Although it could happen, I'd just think if Rayman was confirmed, he'd be already worked on with gameplay footage, imo. Not showing that for a 3rd Party would seem odd to me, honestly.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Something just hit me.

It would be unlikely, but just hearing Iwata say "Rayman is in development", even with no gameplay, would make me just as excited.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
pose.jpg

An excuse to practice some human figure out of boredom. Is not perfect, but eh, I did what I could.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks, glad you liked it.
Np. xD I honestly love Ray's determine expression going on there. And Shay's just chillin' and being cool and calm. Haha. I also noticed your lines are more "refined" than your typical doodles, another one of your art styles I see. It works great here, looks stylized.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Np. xD I honestly love Ray's determine expression going on there. And Shay's just chillin' and being cool and calm. Haha. I also noticed your lines are more "refined" than your typical doodles, another one of your art styles I see. It works great here, looks stylized.
Haha, yeah, Ray really got into the game, and yup, I did like 4 sketchy linearts before I could define the figures a bit more with a more smooth brush. so, thanks again.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I love that drawing, nice work Andrea, I like seeing the characters doing diferent things like that xD.

Btw, today new AC.

This year, it's the E3's 20th anniversary, like Rayman :troll:.

I can't stop thinking what Sakurai did.. he shared in Miiverse the image of the Rayman trophy, the same day that "the new character" would be presented, he is so evil..

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I love that drawing, nice work Andrea, I like see the characters doing diferent things like that xD.

Btw, today new AC.

I can't stop thinking what Sakurai did.. he shared in Miiverse the image of the Rayman trophy, the same day that "the new character" would be presented, he is so evil..
That was the day I joined Smashboards to support Ridley when Robin was about to be revealed. Seeing that trophy get revealed honestly hurt me inside at the time...but I understood the circumstances with the whole "Rayman Legends not Wii U exclusive anymore" things that more than likely killed his chances kinda of viewpoint from me. But hopefully, maybe that will change now with DLC.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
god I remember how silly that one's face looked... and I remember my adventures with it in photosho- wait... why did we get another trohpy? why are there two models?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
god I remember how silly that one's face looked... and I remember my adventures with it in photosho- wait... why did we get another trohpy? why are there two models?

I believe the first one was made by Sakurai's dev team, while the one we have now is the one that came from Ubisoft themselves, or via versa.

Also, images doesn't work for me.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971

AndreaAC

I love that drawing, nice work Andrea, I like seeing the characters doing diferent things like that xD.

Btw, today new AC.

^u^ Thank you! xD And putting them playing football was kind of random! but I was listening to a pretty awesome music from a football game and I decided to do that! (>_> Shay was less harder to do without his Templar outfit).

:o oh, yeah, well, let's see how Syndicate turns out to be!

xD And I agree, he is, and loves to "troll" a lot, but, he also loves to contradict himself as well.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ray and Ly.png

Finally... Here's a picture of Ray and Ly. Done the sketch a while ago, out of boredom, and decided to color it. I played around with the coloring style this time, something different...I'm not too sure on the results, but I think it's decent I guess.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Man, do I have some news to share with you guys.
Operation Rayfall has passed the 200 mark!:colorful::colorful::colorful:
Passing out 8 vote forms today has brought the total to exactly 200.
Hope I helped Rayman's cause.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
E3 is right around the corner, eh?
Indeed, old friend.
Hoping for Splatoon news, anything having to do with Rayman, and other things.
As Reggie has said:
My body is ready.
Man, do I have some news to share with you guys.
Operation Rayfall has passed the 200 mark!:colorful::colorful::colorful:
Passing out 8 vote forms today has brought the total to exactly 200.
Hope I helped Rayman's cause.
Happy 200th Rayman vote!

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Uh, guys? Should we start panicking?
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/1...bisoft-as-new-games-will-be-current-gen-only/
What if they are excluding the Wii U for all future Rayman games?
Well...Maybe as for the WiiU. But, Nintendo has already made it know that a next gen Nintendo console is already being in the works as of now for the later years to come. If anything, Rayman will probably get more games released on the next gen Nintendo console, and still be on Nintendo in some way or another...

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Technically speaking, yes.
Other developers, however, don't think so based on power alone.
I can only hope and pray.
It IS current gen.
If Ubisoft doesn't see that (WARNING: I have no remorse for what I'm about to say.) then they're offically complete and utter *looks at pg rating on board* buttholes.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Well, it was a joke, you know, I want Rayman 4 so hard..

Whatever it is, we'll se it the next month!

C'mon Rayman, run, run to the E3!

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Rayman 4 or not, it better be a Rayman game, AND it has to be on the Wii U, regardless of it being exclusive or not.

EDIT: And it better be a proper platoformer and not a cheap mini game compilation, either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom