• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Rayman 1 and 2 had collectathon elements, actually. Backtracking for stuff, getting all the lums/cages. Even though I far prefer wide open games to linear ones... That's one of the main reasons R3 isn't my favorite, they dropped those elements.

I would want the Ukelele guys in Smash 100% but Nintendo would have to buy them/Playtonic...
But I thought you hate Ukeleles.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, here's something that I've always wondered:

If the Rayman franchise were to have been introduced today, do you think his debut game today would've been more or less popular than his original debut back in 1995?

In other words, Rayman has just been created and no one has played any of his games yet.

Personally, I think his debut game would've been FAR less popular if it were released today. I just feel as though the gaming community isn't as accepting of those games these days, which is sad.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

If the Rayman franchise were to have been introduced today, do you think his debut game today would've been more or less popular than his original debut back in 1995?

In other words, Rayman has just been created and no one has played any of his games yet.

Personally, I think his debut game would've been FAR less popular if it were released today. I just feel as though the gaming community isn't as accepting of those games these days, which is sad.
Rayman would definitely be less popular if he was introduced today. Platformers such as the first game are indie games these days.

far far less. platformers have been weak for a long time

see banjo and nearly every old PlayStation game. (jak sly etc). They aren't in nearly as high demand as they used to be unfortunately

(i'm sorry but it was the viridi thread or the rayman thread to link. i chose viridi)

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Rayman would definitely be less popular if he was introduced today. Platformers such as the first game are indie games these days.
It's true, sadly; all of the platformers released today are mostly from indies.

It's funny, because I've asked the same question for franchises such as Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man, Kirby, Pokemon, and Star Fox.
And you know what? As sad as it may sound, I could actually see these franchises bomb out the gate if they were introduced today.

Well, here's to hoping Splatoon doesn't bomb, but I'm pretty sure it won't.

But as for Code Name S.T.E.A.M.... yeah, that game won't sell very well.

It's true, sadly; all of the platformers released today are mostly from indies.

It's funny, because I've asked the same question for franchises such as Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man, Kirby, Pokemon, and Star Fox.
And you know what? As sad as it may sound, I could actually see these franchises bomb out the gate if they were introduced today.

Well, here's to hoping Splatoon doesn't bomb, but I'm pretty sure it won't.

But as for Code Name S.T.E.A.M.... yeah, that game won't sell very well.
*cough* W101*cough*

no way is steam going to sell super well unfotunatelty

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
That's already been released
I know, but I have a bad feeling that it's going to bomb for the following reasons:
  1. It's a strategy game, which isn't exactly known for being a high selling genre.
  2. If it's from Nintendo, the haters won't buy it and claim Nintendo rehashes.
  3. If it isn't full of dull colors, chances are it will be passed over, which is sad.
  4. Its unique art style, bizarre cast, weird setting, and high difficulty could prevent people from buying it.
  5. Sites such as Gamespot and Polygon, who have given the game incredibly low scores.
It's Earthbound all over again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know, but I have a bad feeling that it's going to bomb for the following reasons:
  1. It's a strategy game, which isn't exactly known for being a high selling genre.
  2. If it's from Nintendo, the haters won't buy it and claim Nintendo rehashes.
  3. If it isn't full of dull colors, chances are it will be passed over, which is sad.
  4. Its unique art style, bizarre cast, weird setting, and high difficulty could prevent people from buying it.
  5. Sites such as Gamespot and Polygon, who have given the game incredibly low scores.
It's Earthbound all over again.
Actually, Gamespot and Polygon are known for being bad sources, one saying Kirby is too hard and the other one saying Mario Kart 8 would fail miserably even after it's first week

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Actually, Gamespot and Polygon are known for being bad sources, one saying Kirby is too hard and the other one saying Mario Kart 8 would fail miserably even after it's first week
I don't know about you, but I feel like S.T.E.A.M is going to become a cult classic like Earthbound and W101. Sold terribly, but it will be remembered fondly in the years to come.

As much as I didn't like the demo, I could see some people liking it.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Let's be real here, Rayman has no limbs. ;)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We should have a video for new supporters like the Kutthroats and "one of us."

Maybe that guy playing the ukulele, just to confuse people. :troll:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hello, I'm literally new here and Inso want to support Rayman for Smash being a DLC character.
Welcome

In Rayman world's, nature and people live together in peace. The Great Protoon provides and maintrains the harmony and balance in the world.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
[collapse=The real welcoming video]
[collapse=] :troll: [/collapse]
[/collapse]
So, possible Nintendo Direct coming up soon. Maybe we'll see Mewtwo? Yeah right.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mewtwo, Xenoblade, Splatoon are basically guarantees to appear in a direct.
Especially seeing as the end of the window to register Smash Bros for a free Mewtwo is drawing near, Xenoblade is in desperate need of a bloody release date and Splatoon is about 2 months away.

[collapse=The real welcoming video]
[collapse=] :troll: [/collapse]
[/collapse]
So, possible Nintendo Direct coming up soon. Maybe we'll see Mewtwo? Yeah right.
Screw every other option this is it. this is the one.

no exceptions
Still have no idea if this Seattle thing is even real but any news is good mews at this point.

Top Bottom