• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Okay, If nobody here has Smash 3DS and is unbanned from Miiverse to help me with this Rayman 3DS mockup then I just won't do it, it'll be left with a victory screen with no text.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Outside of Nintendo characters, probably Sackboy or Crash Bandicoot.
Maybe they could Raymanify Mega Man since Rayman already has an alternate costume based off of the Blue Bomber.:b:

I could also see Castlevania be Raymanified, with Barbara being the parody on the hero.

Also, yay for 130 pages.:colorful:

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, saw you drawing a while back, so I thought I'd try my hand at it.

Based off of this part https://youtu.be/0ji5-J-kbSc?t=16m16s

it's pretty messy, and I didn't add much of a backround, but this was a really memorable moment for me in the game.

also shoutouts to 130, hell year!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Hey guys, saw you drawing a while back, so I thought I'd try my hand at it.

Based off of this part https://youtu.be/0ji5-J-kbSc?t=16m16s

it's pretty messy, and I didn't add much of a backround, but this was a really memorable moment for me in the game.

also shoutouts to 130, hell year!
:) I like it! Love how you made the chains of the Lockjaw look like they are coming towards you.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
:) I like it! Love how you made the chains of the Lockjaw look like they are coming towards you.
Funny thing is, I really wanted to draw the jaw tip of it, but I got really carried away with the chains, so it didn't fit lol.

Thanks you guys!

AndreaAC

Funny thing is, I really wanted to draw the jaw tip of it, but I got really carried away with the chains, so it didn't fit lol.

Thanks you guys!
.O. Oh, no problem! It is still AWESOME! :3

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Well, I hope you do more sometime. And no problem.
I hope I do more too! It'd definitely help me amp up my sketch abilities, one thing people sometimes overlook when talking about aesthetics in games is rayman, there's just so many levels with great atmosphere, one thing that comes to mind is the Bog of Murk, where there was just so much going on in the skylines, with lights reflecting off of the dark swamp.

A lot of rayman 2 stages come into mind as well.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I hope I do more too! It'd definitely help me amp up my sketch abilities, one thing people sometimes overlook when talking about aesthetics in games is rayman, there's just so many levels with great atmosphere, one thing that comes to mind is the Bog of Murk, where there was just so much going on in the skylines, with lights reflecting off of the dark swamp.

You really pay a lot of attention to notice those details, I like that. I wish you the best of luck, I like to see other artist improve and be creative.

And I agree with that, R2 is the most atmospheric to me, imo. Although R3 has it's great places like that was well.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Totally! I think the Fairy Council is a pretty place too! specially with those 2 moons, and you are right, the Bog of Murk has a really neat atmosphere!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I should paint or draw some Rayman fan art.

You guys may not believe this, but I actually paint rocks, with the image corresponding to the shape and size of the rock. Of the rocks that I have painted, I have painted a Game Boy, an ocarina, a hawk, sandwich, and a dinosaur skull.

I hope I can make a Rayman related rock.

AndreaAC

You guys may not believe this, but I actually paint rocks, with the image corresponding to the shape and size of the rock. Of the rocks that I have painted, I have painted a Game Boy, an ocarina, a hawk, sandwich, and a dinosaur skull.

:3 That sounds cool! >u> probably the sandwich rock looked tasty...and I look forward to your Rayman art!

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Well, art is art, and that sounds cool. Hope to see that as well, the more art the better.

louie g

Smash Journeyman

That is. Amazing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I tried to draw Rayman not too long ago but ended up getting frustrated because I'm too picky about how I want it to look.

So I just went back to my... usual artwork.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I tried to draw Rayman not too long ago but ended up getting frustrated because I'm too picky about how I want it to look.

So I just went back to my... usual artwork.
That's exactly how I am with drawing. The fact that I don't even know how to shade makes it even more frustrating.

Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't have bought Art Academy because of that.

That and how unresponsive the Gamepad can be.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What is your "usual" stuff? If you want to share...
That stays in Vegas.

And welcome, new supporter. We've went over a few options for assist trophies, both villainous or otherwise.

Personally, I like the idea of Dark Rayman following the moves of a random person.

I smell Lurkers.

Top Bottom