• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Hey James, my Rayman moveset is now fully completely with custom specials, entrances, taunts, and palette swaps.

Can I send you the finished moveset for the OP in text form rather than a Google Doc?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
By the way, you know how the Bandana Dee thread has a public poll that asks people whether they would like to see him in Smash? Have you ever considered doing the same with this thread?
I'd be wary of people such as our little Hoodlum here voting a big fat no just to spite us.

I think you can only add a poll when you make a thread too, unless I'm mistaken.

Hey James, my Rayman moveset is now fully completely with custom specials, entrances, taunts, and palette swaps.

Can I send you the finished moveset for the OP in text form rather than a Google Doc?
I'll have it up as soon as I get it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'd be wary of people such as our little Hoodlum here voting a big fat no just to spite us.

I think you can only add a poll when you make a thread too, unless I'm mistaken.
I understand. Sigh... I just don't understand why people don't want Rayman.

Speaking of which, can you post the link to this poll on the front page of this thread?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17deELX3QVDofXksu8roKCl_kyREFSThygPSoEVT2eNs/viewform
I know it does have its own thread. However, it wouldn't hurt if more people could know about it and take it.
I also highly recommend you guys to share this poll on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Rayman related sites, Smash related sites, Youtube, and My Nintendo News. Heck, I would even go as far as sharing it with those close to you. This poll ends at the end of March, so take it and share it while you guys can.
We need as many results as we can.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Whew, my Rayman moveset is finally done complete with pictures of each move.

Thank you James for putting the original moveset in the OP which made me wanna complete it.

Jab -
Ukelele: Rayman swings his Ukelele up to three times.

Side Tilt -
Plunger: Rayman jabs a Plunger from Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Up Tilt -
Rolling Pin: Rayman swipes the Rolling Pin from Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Down Tilt -
Basketball Torso: Rayman dribbles his torso on the ground once as an attack from Rayman 2.

Dash Attack -
Roll: A lesser known attack from Origins, Rayman does his roll attack which trips opponents.

Standard Special -
Wind-Up Fist: Rayman winds up a punch from Origins.

Standard Special 2 - Bulk Fist: Cannot be charged, but the power is half-charged.

Standard Special 3 - Energy Fist: After being fully charged, the punch can be saved for later. (Similar to DK)

Up Special -
Rope: Similar to Ivysaur which puts a rope on the ledge to climb up. (From Rayman Legends)

Up Special 2 - Chain: If it is attached while the ledge is already grabbed it will meteor smash the opponent rather than push them away, but it is very slow.

Up Special 3 - Vine: The vine is way faster and has nearly no end lag, but has less range.

Side Special -
Plunger Gun: Rayman shoots the a Plunger from Raving Rabbids. (Input like a smash attack for longer range)

Side Special 2 - Swift Plunger Gun: The gun is capable of rapid-fire but has low damage and no knockback.

Side Special 3 - Big Plunger Gun: The gun is increasingly bigger and has bigger and more powerful plungers, but puts Rayman in helpless and is slower.

Down Special -
Globox: A ground-pound move, Globox supplys a soft landing for Rayman and has a large hitbox on impact. (This move is useless on the ground.)

Down Special 2 -
Red Globox: The start-up time is slower, but Globox offers more damage and falls faster.

Down Special 3 - Quick Globox: Globox has far more control in mid-air but only does 3% on impact.

Nair -
Kick: Rayman does a quick kick from Origins/Legends.

Fair, Bair, Uair, Dair -
Murfy: Murfy comes out and uses his magic to push opponents away in any given direction. (Dair/Downwards is a meteor smash)

Hover -
Helicopter Hair: Rayman can hover exactly like Peach/the Tanooki Leaf with his Helicopter Hair.

Side Smash -
Lockjaw: Rayman swings the Lockjaw once. (Similar to Zero Suit Samus.)

Up Smash -
Throttle Copter: Rayman spins the Throttle Copter. (Similar to Bowser Jr.)

Down Smash -
Heavy Metal Fist: Rayman slams the Heavy Metal Fist(s) on the ground. (Similar to DK.)

Final Smash - Raving Rabbids: A cage of crazy rabbids comes down from the top of screen as Murphy cuts the rope holding the cage, the cage falls down to the stage and releases a swarm of Rabbids to pummel other players. (With this song playing in the background)

Entrance - Rayman teleports into the stage as if he was selected in Rayman Legends in the Heroes gallery.

Up Taunt - Rayman tosses an Energy Shot in the air and catches it.

Side Taunt - Rayman takes out his Ukelele and plays the first part of the Sea of Serendipity World Map theme.

Down Taunt - Rayman spins his mop of hair as a helicopter for fun.

Victory 1 - Rayman kicks a Livingstone which gets bubblized, then does a peace sign.

Victory 2 - Rayman respawns like in Rayman 2 then does a peace sign.

Victory 2 - Rayman comes sliding in on-screen, does a peace sign while saying "YAY!".

Victory Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_OJHAs4sY

Idle 1 - Rayman does his entrance pose from Origins.

Idle 2 - Rayman puts his hands above his head out. (From Origins/Legends by pressing Up on the analog stick.)

Voice Actor: David Gasman

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
And the new one is up as well, sorry again for before.

Those sprites make me want to update my own moveset...
I tried to use the sprites proper from Legends for each move, but I don't have good editing software.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
And the new one is up as well, sorry again for before.

Those sprites make me want to update my own moveset...
I tried to use the sprites proper from Legends for each move, but I don't have good editing software.
I could try to do it for you if you just send me the sprite sheet that you are going to use.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I could try to do it for you if you just send me the sprite sheet that you are going to use.
Thanks! There's a big rip of a lot of Legend's sprites here.

Most of the moveset should be easy since it'd be almost a straight copy of the animations he makes in the games.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Thanks! There's a big rip of a lot of Legend's sprites here.

Most of the moveset should be easy since it'd be almost a straight copy of the animations he makes in the games.
Hate to bother you, James, but could you please answer my question?

Speaking of which, can you post the link to this poll on the front page of this thread?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17deELX3QVDofXksu8roKCl_kyREFSThygPSoEVT2eNs/viewform
I know it does have its own thread. However, it wouldn't hurt if more people could know about it and take it.
I also highly recommend you guys to share this poll on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Rayman related sites, Smash related sites, Youtube, and My Nintendo News. Heck, I would even go as far as sharing it with those close to you. This poll ends at the end of March, so take it and share it while you guys can.
We need as many results as we can.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I wonder what this concept art for Rayman 2 was meant to showcase:

I mean, you never see Rayman with THAT many hands.
I thought it was interesting to see. What do you guys think of this picture?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I think it's suppose to represent him moving his hands very rapidly while talking or something.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

My guess is that the extra hands are meant to show they're moving very quickly. As for what he's doing, he looks like he's complaining about something.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Hey James, may I ask what you are having problems with when it comes to the sprites?

It is most likely just showing off different hand poses.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think it's suppose to represent him moving his hands very rapidly while talking or something.
I never thought about it that way before.
I mean, it's kinda hard to tell if his hands are moving since not only is this a photo, but there's no action that signals him moving his hands.

At first, it looked like a pile of hands to me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I never thought about it that way before.
I mean, it's kinda hard to tell if his hands are moving since not only is this a photo, but there's no action that signals him moving his hands.

At first, it looked like a pile of hands to me.
Yeah, it's no problem, I would have just thought that at first myself.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Maybe. Or like said before, maybe just to show how it would be placed for Rayman's actions or something.
And I know it looks wierd, it could have been a bit better if some of the hand poses were made a bit transparent, I think.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hey James, may I ask what you are having problems with when it comes to the sprites?
The program I'm using, actually. It's good for most things, but I can't resize or rotate individual pieces of an image.

Also the sprites being all bunched together and difficult to look through.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
The program I'm using, actually. It's good for most things, but I can't resize or rotate individual pieces of an image.

Also the sprites being all bunched together and difficult to look through.
Okay, well I just threw this together real quick for you. This is very close to what I worked with to make the images for my moveset.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752

I'm guessing the extra hands are there as a reference so they can try different poses and positions. Can't really explain that face though. It could be a model-related thing.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

And what could be Rayman seeing to be like this?

This is Rayman when he noticed that the leak was fake.

(There are amazing artworks from Rayman 2.)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Different people want and like different things. It is really not hard to understand. I want Sami (Advance Wars) and Inkling (Splatoon) more than anything else (as far as Smash Bros is concerned) and I can understand why - or better, I can think of plenty of reasons to not want those characters to be playable in the series.

(Not saying I don't want Rayman, I think he would be an interesting addition, plus a Rayman stage would be most likely amazing).

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know about you guys, but if Rayman is really a no name outside of gaming, then how did he become the mascot for the French team in the World Cup?

THE WORLD CUP!!!!!

I mean, that's not something Mega Man, Sonic, PAC-MAN, AND MARIO CAN EVEN BOAST ABOUT!
The only other video game character that can claim this is Pikachu, who acted as the mascot for the Japan team in THE WORLD CUP.

I bet that would be a dream come true for soccer fans if Rayman was announced, since that would mean he could duke it out with Pikachu.
It's Team France versus Team Japan, Smash bros. style.

Last edited:

NGamerGirl

Smash Rookie

Hey I was already gone, but there was no need to call names you know. Especially for an offensive term as Hoodlum to someone who's African-American. I didn't even yell or call names at any of you which is something I could've done but didn't. There is such a thing has having of etiquette while on the Internet which is "Netiquette". Other than that I'm done here.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I don't know about you guys, but if Rayman is really a no name outside of gaming, then how did he become the mascot for the French team in the World Cup?

THE WORLD CUP!!!!!

I mean, that's not something Mega Man, Sonic, PAC-MAN, AND MARIO CAN EVEN BOAST ABOUT!
The only other video game character that can claim this is Pikachu, who acted as the mascot for the Japan team in THE WORLD CUP.

I bet that would be a dream come true for soccer fans if Rayman was announced, since that would mean he could duke it out with Pikachu.
I thought it was an April Fool's joke xD.

https://www.facebook.com/rayman/pho...&comment_id=347497&offset=0&total_comments=47

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

THE WORLD CUP!!!!!

Soccer Ball set to high.
Different people want and like different things. It is really not hard to understand. I want Sami (Advance Wars) and Inkling (Splatoon) more than anything else (as far as Smash Bros is concerned) and I can understand why - or better, I can think of plenty of reasons to not want those characters to be playable in the series.

(Not saying I don't want Rayman, I think he would be an interesting addition, plus a Rayman stage would be most likely amazing).
Having your own wants is one thing, but we're more referring to people who go out of their way to put down a character.

Not that you don't want the character personally, but more that you don't want the character anywhere near Smash.

Hey I was already gone, but there was no need to call names you know. Especially for an offensive term as Hoodlum to someone who's African-American. I didn't even yell or call names at any of you which is something I could've done but didn't. There is such a thing has having of etiquette while on the Internet which is "Netiquette". Other than that I'm done here.
If you can't take a funny nickname that was not of malice intent, then you need thicker skin.

Besides, you were the one who came in the Rayman support thread to rile us all up, so blame yourself.

I don't condone any sort of bullying in this thread, no matter to whom or from whom it's coming from.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

I'm fine if there are people that don't want Rayman. He's not for everyone.

What I don't like, though, is that the people who do dislike him come onto this thread and start trolling us. Disliking him is fine, but don't go on this thread to make people angry.

I should've reworded that. What I meant to ask is why do people come to here only to make people feel stupid, defensive, and angry.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
It's an April Fool's joke?
I mean, I learned about it on DYKG.
Can someone clarify if that really is a joke?
Because I'm not sure if it's false.
You can see in the facebook link, the account says it was a joke.

I wish it was real.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm pretty sure the Rayman team continued with it past April 1st. That'd be a pretty drawn out joke.

Is April Fools even a thing in France?

Top Bottom