• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Well, until I can get help to do the 3DS Victory Screen, here's the Wii U version.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know what would be a cool way to reveal Rayman to be in Smash Bros?

Well, the Rayman team could Raymanify Smash.....

And Sakurai could Smashify (not to be confused with ArtsyOmni) Rayman as a playable fighter, with actual gameplay.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

And Sakurai could Smashify (not to be confused with ArtsyOmni) Rayman as a playable fighter, with actual gameplay.
That sounds very good.

I would like to see a trailer in a Nintendo Direct where first, the camera shows the sky and goes down to the floor where we see the Dream Forest and sounds this:

Mario and other smash charaters are in the Forest, and they find Rayman sleeping.

Other Trailer idea:

Mario and other smash characters are in a desert place, then a airship starts to approach to the characters and they think is Bowser's ship, but is the Razorbeard's "Prison ship", after that, Rayman apears and starts shooting spheres.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
That sounds very good.

I would like to see a trailer in a Nintendo Direct where first, the camera shows the sky and goes down to the floor where we see the Dream Forest and sounds this:

Mario and other smash charaters are in the Forest, and they find Rayman sleeping.

Other Trailer idea:

Mario and other smash characters are in a desert place, then a airship starts to approach to the characters and they think is Bowser's ship, but is the Razorbeard's "Prison ship", after that, Rayman apears and starts shooting spheres.
After Mario and other smash characters find Rayman sleeping, Murphy notices them and smacks Rayman to wake him up, then...

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I used Link as an example

Wario is more WarioWare based and is the 2nd most relevant character to inaccuracies, Ganon being first and Pac-man possibly third, not to mention his taunts and other moves are basically a tribute
I'd disagree on pacman being third, I think donkey kong is worse he only has a couple moves he actually does in the games including his down b and forward air, and donkey kong, DONKEY KONG, doesn't throw barrels

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Donkey Kong is based on Rare's DKC Donkey Kong. He finally has his roll attack.

Could we not turn this thread into a "Inaccurate Characters" thread?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Sorry to drive this whole thread in another direction about the movesets.

Anyway, I still need anyone out there who can send a picture of a Mii named "RAYMAN" winning a match for my 3DS Victory Screen mockup.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Using the Ubi-Art engine is definitely a must for his trailer. I would really love to see the other characters in that art style.
And here we have the composer of the first Rayman game playing Mr. Dark's theme.
...It's beautiful.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Whew, good night everybody. I just got done editing up some custom Rayman costumes for my Rayman moveset.

If you guys can guess what the 2nd one is supposed to represent then I'll be happy or do something for you or I don't know; I need to sleep.
(ps: i was listening to this the whole time)

Last edited:

NGamerGirl

Smash Rookie
It's laughable that you guys are even comparing Rayman to a legacy and well known IP. Not to mention that MegaMan also has seniority over Rayman. Megaman is as retro you get. You using sales to compare your argument towards MegaMan and Rayman doesn't mean much. In the end sales don't mean a damn thing when it comes to Smash Bros. Sales only mean so little when it comes down to it.

Nostalgia.
Ok MegaMan is definitely a well known retro gaming character and yes nostalgia does play a factor but isn't that what Smash Bros is all about anyways? It's all about getting these old Nintendo characters from your childhood in one game. Sonic was in Brawl because of the 16-bit war and that was a big thing back in the early 1990's and that war is a big part in Nintendo's history. MegaMan case is that he was an early NES character that everybody wanted to get heir hands on.

Mega Man: 30 Million
Rayman: 26 Million
Sales don't necessarily mean anything in Smash. Just look at what happened with Sonic 06 and that was a game that was around before he got even got into Brawl but that didn't hender his chances.

Also noted, and I quote: Rayman became the official mascot of the video game publisher Ubisoft.
This the only thing that actually saves him. That he is indeed a mascot character but he is not a well known mascot character neither.

Adding the sales of the Raving Rabbids franchise, 14 million, Rayman beats Mega Man out by 10 million.
Wow you always bring up sales don't you.

Sonic is only four years older than Rayman.
It just proves that he does has seniority over him even if it over just by a couple of years. Four years so what he's still been around longer. Even when Sonic first debuted his popularity had skyrocketed since then and he made his mark in the gaming industry unlike Rayman who is more so of a follower and has yet to make a name for himself in the gaming world and I think it's a bit too late for him to do that.

Not a blockbuster? The original Rayman is the number one selling Playstation game in the UK.
Again sales don't mean a damn thing especially if it's just for one single region. That's just in the UK big whoop-de-do. Not to mention that it's just one single game that did well over there.

Rayman 2 received high marks across the board. There's also the fact that you ignored, Rayman is still alive.[/quote]
Ok. The thing that matters for third-party are they have to be at a certain iconic status, must be a classic gaming character, mascot of their own respective company, have some kind of connection/relationship with Nintendo, must been on a Nintendo console and must be well known to gaming.
Whether you like it or not MegaMan is well known in gaming. Casual-gamers and Pro-gamers know who MegaMan is. He fits in all of the criteria. Rayman only fits half what is required. He isn't at all that popular as what you are emphasizing him to be. I bet you only a handful would only know who Rayman is without telling them who he is, especially for the Casual-gamers. He is definetly not an icon that you are saying that he is. He's not at all a classic gaming character. So why should he get considered to even think about for being in Smash? The fact that you once again compared him to MegaMan still baffles me. You may have not heard about Megaman because you probably never tried him out to begin with. While others went crazy over him. Not to mention you seem to be pretty biased about Rayman and think that he's suitable for Smash when he doesn't even fit the criteria that Sakurai wants for third party.

Those who are even comparing Megaman to Rayman should just stop. They are both in different leagues from each of other. Megaman being in a more higher league than Rayman. I'm gonna just assume that most of you in here are at least 10-15 years old and don't know of old school gaming than some others. Probably the first console you've owned was probably just a Gamecube or even a Wii. It proves just how much you guys don't know other legacy IP''s than the current/newer ones.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's laughable that you guys are even comparing Rayman to a legacy and well known IP. Not to mention that MegaMan also has seniority over Rayman. Megaman is as retro you get. You using sales to compare your argument towards MegaMan and Rayman doesn't mean much. In the end sales don't mean a damn thing when it comes to Smash Bros. Sales only mean so little when it comes down to it.

Nostalgia.
Ok MegaMan is definitely a well known retro gaming character and yes nostalgia does play a factor but isn't that what Smash Bros is all about anyways? It's all about getting these old Nintendo characters from your childhood in one game. Sonic was in Brawl because of the 16-bit war and that was a big thing back in the early 1990's and that war is a big part in Nintendo's history. MegaMan case is that he was an early NES character that everybody wanted to get heir hands on.

Sales don't necessarily mean anything in Smash. Just look at what happened with Sonic 06 and that was a game that was around before he got even got into Brawl but that didn't hender his chances.

Also noted, and I quote: Rayman became the official mascot of the video game publisher Ubisoft.
This the only thing that actually saves him. That he is indeed a mascot character but he is not a well known mascot character neither.

Adding the sales of the Raving Rabbids franchise, 14 million, Rayman beats Mega Man out by 10 million.

It just proves that he does has seniority over him even if it over just by a couple of years. Four years so what he's still been around longer. Even when Sonic first debuted his popularity had skyrocketed since then and he made his mark in the gaming industry unlike Rayman who is more so of a follower and has yet to make a name for himself in the gaming world and I think it's a bit too late for him to do that.

Not a blockbuster? The original Rayman is the number one selling Playstation game in the UK.
Again sales don't mean a damn thing especially if it's just for one single region. That's just in the UK big whoop-de-do. Not to mention that it's just one single game that did well over there.

Rayman 2 received high marks across the board. There's also the fact that you ignored, Rayman is still alive.
Ok. The thing that matters for third-party are they have to be at a certain iconic status, must be a classic gaming character, mascot of their own respective company, have some kind of connection/relationship with Nintendo, must been on a Nintendo console and must be well known to gaming.
Whether you like it or not MegaMan is well known in gaming. Casual-gamers and Pro-gamers know who MegaMan is. He fits in all of the criteria. Rayman only fits half what is required. He isn't at all that popular as what you are emphasizing him to be. I bet you only a handful would only know who Rayman is without telling them who he is, especially for the Casual-gamers. He is definetly not an icon that you are saying that he is. He's not at all a classic gaming character. So why should he get considered to even think about for being in Smash? The fact that you once again compared him to MegaMan still baffles me. You may have not heard about Megaman because you probably never tried him out to begin with. While others went crazy over him. Not to mention you seem to be pretty biased about Rayman and think that he's suitable for Smash when he doesn't even fit the criteria that Sakurai wants for third party.

Those who are even comparing Megaman to Rayman should just stop. They are both in different leagues from each of other. Megaman being in a more higher league than Rayman. I'm gonna just assume that most of you in here are at least 10-15 years old and don't know of old school gaming than some others. Probably the first console you've owned was probably just a Gamecube or even a Wii. It proves just how much you guys don't know other legacy IP''s than the current/newer ones.
Your first message was made just to bash Rayman? Totally doesn't make you seem like a troll...

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Nostalgia.

Rayman 2 received high marks across the board. There's also the fact that you ignored, Rayman is still alive.
You are really just helping our cause by saying Rayman has sold more than Megaman, doesn't that mean more people will know who rayman is than megaman. Maybe he isn't on the same league as pacman or sonic but who is now that we have these pacman, sonic and Megaman. Do you think the should just stop third party characters because no one is on the same league as the ones we have? I think Rayman is the next runner up for a third party spot.

Last edited:

NGamerGirl

Smash Rookie
You are really just helping our cause by saying Rayman has sold more than Megaman, doesn't that mean more people will know who rayman is than megaman. Maybe he isn't on the same league as pacman or sonic but who is now that we have these pacman, sonic and Megaman. Do you think the should just stop third party characters because no one is on the same league as the ones we have? I think Rayman is the next runner up for a third party spot.
Let me just say this Megaman has over 129 titles in 25 years of the franchise including spinoffs how many does Rayman had in total in almost the past 20 years almost 10. Definetly not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Let me just say this Megaman has over 129 titles in 25 years of the franchise including spinoffs how many does Rayman had in total in almost the past 20 years almost 10. Definetly not.
Duck Hunt Duo was around even longer and only one game impossible amiright? Game sales aren't what influences characters, Xenoblade sold badly, yet we have Monado Boy, besides, what do you have against Rayman? Maybe it's because I just woke up, but your first post was basically "lel not happening"

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Nostalgia.

"You may have not heard about Megaman because you probably never tried him out to begin with."

I could say the same with Rayman.

And what criteria? If there was Snake and Sonic there can be everyone.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"You may have not heard about Megaman because you probably never tried him out to begin with."

I could say the same with Rayman.

And what criteria? If there was Snake and Sonic there can be everyone.
Nice to know we can see Master Chief vs Radec vs Samus vs Boba Fett in the same game.
:4dedede:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I LOVE the blue bomber much more than I could ever like Rayman, so that's a good point. Also, Snake only got in because Kojima begged
Don't kill me but I didn't play Megaman until I saw him in smash, I knew him yeah, but I had never played his games. (After that I played 1-7).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Don't kill me but I didn't play Megaman until I saw him in smash, I knew him yeah, but I had never played his games. (After that I played 1-7).
Smash Bros tends to do that with characters. It got me into Fire Emblem after all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fair enough, Smash IS a huge advertisement after all
Smash Bros tends to do that with characters. It got non Japanese into Fire Emblem after all.
feex~

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
"As retro as it gets." Is that supposed to mean something? As you tried to debunk below, Sonic is barely older than Rayman, if you think just a few years is enough to barely edge someone out, you're being foolish. Rayman is 20 years old, far older than one needs to be to become a legacy of gaming. Sales don't matter? You do know that if more people bought Rayman games than Mega Man games, then by basic logic, more people know who Rayman is. That wasn't too hard, was it?

Nostalgia.Ok MegaMan is definitely a well known retro gaming character and yes nostalgia does play a factor but isn't that what Smash Bros is all about anyways? It's all about getting these old Nintendo characters from your childhood in one game. Sonic was in Brawl because of the 16-bit war and that was a big thing back in the early 1990's and that war is a big part in Nintendo's history. MegaMan case is that he was an early NES character that everybody wanted to get heir hands on.
Again, Rayman is default more well known because more people bought his games. Also again, many people try to use this excuse, just because you know Mega Man more than Rayman doesn't mean Mega Man is famous and Rayman isn't. I had never even heard of Mega Man until around Brawl came out. I thought he was some obscure old character people wanted.

Sonic was not in Brawl because of some petty fanwar, he was in Brawl because of demand.

There's so much blatant ignorance here it's not even funny. I don't think I need to reiterate sales again. Rayman has already made his mark on the gaming world. His very first game is what put Ubisoft on the map, and without it, they wouldn't be the powerhouse they are today. His second game is one of the most famous games, similar to Mega Man's own second game, it's been on so many platforms that if you haven't heard of it, you're living under a rock. Or you're just insanely biased.

Rayman is an iconic, classic gaming character, check. Is the mascot of his own company (which Mega Man isn't, btw), check. Has a long running relationship with Nintendo (which barely matters, as Snake can attest), check. Must be well known to gaming, check. Literally ticks off every mark, congratulations, don't you feel wonderful?

Whether you like it or not, Rayman is well known in gaming. Non gamers and pro gamers alike know who Rayman is. He fits in all of the criteria. So please stop spouting blatant lies. Mega Man is only well known to 30 something year-olds who played Mega Man when they grew up, and Rayman is well known to 90's kids. Get over yourself, icons come and go, new legends take their places. Some continue to succeed, some fail. The fact stands that Rayman is still making games and Rock is not.

Also to the bolded part of your post. Wow, just like you've never touched a Rayman game amirite?

Rayman more than fits Sakurai's criteria.
My very first game was Pac-Man, thank you very much. Just because I want a newer character doesn't mean I don't appreciate older characters. Maybe instead of riding older characters and yelling at us, you should learn to appreciate new characters.

Rayman has 50+ titles. Good job though, would wreck again.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"As retro as it gets." Is that supposed to mean something? As you tried to debunk below, Sonic is barely older than Rayman, if you think just a few years is enough to barely edge someone out, you're being foolish. Rayman is 20 years old, far older than one needs to be to become a legacy of gaming. Sales don't matter? You do know that if more people bought Rayman games than Mega Man games, then by basic logic, more people know who Rayman is. That wasn't too hard, was it?

Again, Rayman is default more well known because more people bought his games. Also again, many people try to use this excuse, just because you know Mega Man more than Rayman doesn't mean Mega Man is famous and Rayman isn't. I had never even heard of Mega Man until around Brawl came out. I thought he was some obscure old character people wanted.

Sonic was not in Brawl because of some petty fanwar, he was in Brawl because of demand.

There's so much blatant ignorance here it's not even funny. I don't think I need to reiterate sales again. Rayman has already made his mark on the gaming world. His very first game is what put Ubisoft on the map, and without it, they wouldn't be the powerhouse they are today. His second game is one of the most famous games, similar to Mega Man's own second game, it's been on so many platforms that if you haven't heard of it, you're living under a rock. Or you're just insanely biased.

Rayman is an iconic, classic gaming character, check. Is the mascot of his own company (which Mega Man isn't, btw), check. Has a long running relationship with Nintendo (which barely matters, as Snake can attest), check. Must be well known to gaming, check. Literally ticks off every mark, congratulations, don't you feel wonderful?

Whether you like it or not, Rayman is well known in gaming. Non gamers and pro gamers alike know who Rayman is. He fits in all of the criteria. So please stop spouting blatant lies. Mega Man is only well known to 30 something year-olds who played Mega Man when they grew up, and Rayman is well known to 90's kids. Get over yourself, icons come and go, new legends take their places. Some continue to succeed, some fail. The fact stands that Rayman is still making games and Rock is not.

Also to the bolded part of your post. Wow, just like you've never touched a Rayman game amirite?

My very first game was Pac-Man, thank you very much. Just because I want a newer character doesn't mean I don't appreciate older characters. Maybe instead of riding older characters and yelling at us, you should learn to appreciate new characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

That post was beautiful, except the Mega Man 30 year olds, but I can ignore being called old

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Sonic was in Brawl because of the 16-bit war
Hats off to you for writing such a long and detailed post, but characters get in Smash Bros. to increase sales and get people to buy it--Not because they're old or have a big part of history in video games, because Sonic in Smash Bros. is Money.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hats off to you for writing such a long and detailed post, but characters get in Smash Bros. to increase sales and get people to buy it--Not because they "deserve" or follow the same qualities as other characters.
Might want to fix that quote up a little.
And sorted.

Last edited:

NGamerGirl

Smash Rookie
If Rayman was to ever be in a Smash game what would his reason be?
Every third party character that has been included did have their reasons for being in there:
Snake's reasons for Brawl was because the creator for Metal Gear was good friends with Sakurai and

Snake-was suppose to be in Melee during the time but couldn't get in because of time constraints and the game was already at the end of development but promised he'd be in the next one. Not to mention that he opened the door for third party characters.
Sonic-he was the #1 most requested character that a lot of people wanted to see and was also Mario's main rival. He also was apart of Nintendo's history in the past with the 16 bit war rivalry and now is one of Nintendo's biggest third party supporters.
Megaman-He is an early NES/SNES veteran character and Capcom was a big third party supporter to Nintendo back then.
Pacman- despite what you may think this character actually has had a long history with Nintendo since the early arcade days. Nanco and Nintendo has done several crossovers before even working on Smash 4 together with Sakurai and his team.
-Soul Caliber II had Link (Legend of Zelda) as a guest character that was exclusive to the Nintendo GameCube.
-Pacman and Mario had an all out crossover with each other in the Mario Kart Arcade GP Games. All three of these games were licensed by Namco.
-Pacman had a game that was exclusive for the GameCube called Pacman VS. This game was even created by none other than Shigeru Miyamoto himself (creator of Mario and Legend of Zelda) and it even had Mario as a narrator.
-Pacman since the Wii/DS days has been primarily on Nintendo consoles.
Not to mention his more recent games are both Nintendo exclusives. (Despite what you may think of the new reboot for the character).
At least Namco didn't release/delay the games so they can put it out on other consoles first and let us have it last.

I'm willing to bet the reason Rayman even got a trophy was because they were trying to put him in at almost last minuete. Not to mention they showed the trophy on the day a new character was suppose to be revealed, which I think was a mistake on their part. If Rayman was to get in Smash it wouldn't be as meaningful as the other third parties we had introduced to us.
The roster was already finalized before the game was even in the development stage. This means Sakurai already knew what third parties wanted from the beginning this time. The fact that this was pointed out in the roundtable before the trophy picture makes me wondered if any of the other companies that were involved knew the roster was already picked out. If that's the case then Ubisoft came in way too late to even get them to consider Rayman. Ubisoft was so into get back into Nintendo's good graces again but it was too late for them.

If Rayman was to get into the next Smash game it would just be a neutral reaction at best. He wouldn't bring in the same hype as Sonic or Megaman or have much of a "hype train". I'm pretty sure if Pacman got revealed in a live audience like the Invitational he would've gotten a better reaction.

In Rate your chances Rayman didn't do so well only going at 20-30% of gettin in and for wanting. Because there were so many other and better third party choices ahead of him and not to mention the people would like to see that slot should go to a Nintendo character who deserves it more so than Rayman.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Every third party character that has been included did have their reasons for being in there:
Snake's reasons for Brawl was because the creator for Metal Gear was good friends with Sakurai and

Snake-was suppose to be in Melee during the time but couldn't get in because of time constraints and the game was already at the end of development but promised he'd be in the next one. Not to mention that he opened the door for third party characters.
Sonic-he was the #1 most requested character that a lot of people wanted to see and was also Mario's main rival. He also was apart of Nintendo's history in the past with the 16 bit war rivalry and now is one of Nintendo's biggest third party supporters.
Megaman-He is an early NES/SNES veteran character and Capcom was a big third party supporter to Nintendo back then.
Pacman- despite what you may think this character actually has had a long history with Nintendo since the early arcade days. Nanco and Nintendo has done several crossovers before even working on Smash 4 together with Sakurai and his team.
-Soul Caliber II had Link (Legend of Zelda) as a guest character that was exclusive to the Nintendo GameCube.
-Pacman and Mario had an all out crossover with each other in the Mario Kart Arcade GP Games. All three of these games were licensed by Namco.
-Pacman had a game that was exclusive for the GameCube called Pacman VS. This game was even created by none other than Shigeru Miyamoto himself (creator of Mario and Legend of Zelda) and it even had Mario as a narrator.
Not to mention his more recent games are both Nintendo exclusives. (Despite what you may think of the new reboot for the character).
At least Namco didn't release/delay the games so they can put it out on other consoles first and let us have it last.

I'm willing to bet the reason Rayman even got a trophy was because they were trying to put him in at almost last minuete. Not to mention they showed the trophy on the day a new character was suppose to be revealed, which I think was a mistake on their part. If Rayman was to get in Smash it wouldn't be as meaningful as the other third parties we had introduced to us.
The roster was already finalized before the game was even in the development stage. This means Sakurai already knew what third parties wanted from the beginning this time. The fact that this was pointed out in the roundtable before the trophy picture makes me wondered if any of the other companies that were involved knew the roster was already picked out. If that's the case then Ubisoft came in way too late to even get them to consider Rayman. Ubisoft was so into get back into Nintendo's good graces again but it was too late for them.

If Rayman was to get into the next Smash game it would just be a neutral reaction at best. He wouldn't bring in the same hype as Sonic or Megaman or have much of a "hype train". I'm pretty sure if Pacman got revealed in a live audience like the Invitational he would've gotten a better reaction.

In Rate your chances Rayman didn't do so well only going at 20-30% of gettin in and for wanting. Because there were so many other and better third party choices ahead of him and not to mention the people would like to see that slot should go to a Nintendo character who deserves it more so than Rayman.
1. I can too English
2. That's a lot of misinformation. Pac's recent games have been multi-platform and on android/iOS.
3. DLC is a thing.
4. You don't have a Monado/DeLorean/Crystal ball.

Please mention those "better" third party choices.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
blablabla.
Litsen missy, there is a difference between wanting a character than thinking it's going to happen, for instance, I really want to see Metal Face, yet there is no way he'd be playable in anything. As for what reason, maybe it could be like why Sonic returned, a partnership. And when you say "People's reactions would..." I feel like you need to learn something. Many people thought Omni's leak was legit and said "PLEASE BE TRUE PLEASE BE TRUE" Except for two people, one of those thinking Pheonix Wright should have been a Doc alt

Also, regarding 'better choices' that's something we don't know entirely as the worldwide popularity poll isn't done yet, my most wanted third party for instance in Shantae

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Litsen missy, there is a difference between wanting a character than thinking it's going to happen, for instance, I really want to see Metal Face, yet there is no way he'd be playable in anything. As for what reason, maybe it could be like why Sonic returned, a partnership. And when you say "People's reactions would..." I feel like you need to learn something. Many people thought Omni's leak was legit and said "PLEASE BE TRUE PLEASE BE TRUE" Except for two people, one of those thinking Pheonix Wright should have been a Doc alt
Metal Face is certainly plausible. Especially given that Sakurai doesn't care for spoilers.
He'd just have to be in Smash 5 with a MvC Wolverine style moveset.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

These are good points.

These aren't. I would go into detail of why but being on SB mobile, it wouldn't be time reserving. I will say that Snake also had a game with Miyamoto involved, and in the 80's Namco crippled Nintendo by making unlicensed NES cartridges, bypassing their rights and making it to where only Namco made any money when they released a game.

Top Bottom