• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I want them to Raymanify Xenoblade Chronicles.
Rayman could wear Shulk's outfit and wield the Monado against a horde of these enemies:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I want them to Raymanify Xenoblade Chronicles.
Rayman could wear Shulk's outfit and wield the Monado against a horde of these enemies:
Monado? But then they'd just die in one hit like every other enemy.

Come to think of it, why were these robots practically indestructible? Rayman had no trouble with the Robo Pirates. Maybe the energy shots could take them down, but not just his bare fists? Rayman needs his energy shots back, man.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Random Question:

Do you prefer Rayman 2 or 3?

-I love both of them but I prefer Rayman 2, I don't know how to say but I prefer it.. Maybe for its dark atmosphere, his story, levels and gameplay.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Random Question:

-I love both of them but I prefer Rayman 2, I don't know how to say but I prefer it.. Maybe for its dark atmosphere, his story, levels and gameplay.
Rayman 2 is my second favorite game ever. My favorite being Banjo-Tooie.

Rayman 3 is my least favorite of the five main games.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Monado? But then they'd just die in one hit like every other enemy.

Come to think of it, why were these robots practically indestructible? Rayman had no trouble with the Robo Pirates. Maybe the energy shots could take them down, but not just his bare fists? Rayman needs his energy shots back, man.
If you played through Xenoblade, then you would understand.
You see, the Mechon are considered the antagonists of the game. Shulk wants to destroy them, and there's only one weapon that can do just that:
The Monado.
Also, they could add health bars that feature Rayman, Globox, and Barbara.
Like this:

It's at the far right.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Random Question:

I love R3 more then 2, but just barely, in it's own special way. Everything that's been praise to death about R2, I totally agree with. The atmosphere, story, levels (as of Revolutions, imo). Gameplay however, not involving the "combo meter" of R3, just standard platforming controls, R3 takes that. Rayman 3, why I like it so much, is probably is in the same effect to why I love Gen 3 (Emerald) over Gen 2, despite how much people love G2. R2, much like G2, burnt me out playing it. I 100% the game and through it all, I was wiped. Satisfied, but wiped. R3 was more "streamline" to me then R2, but Great Escape really doesn't make it seem so open world as I remember from playing R2: Revolution.

All and all, I love both nearly equally, just Rayman 3, with how it was, despite how much people disliked the lack of "seriousness" and find it cringed-worthy because of it's silliness and other things, Rayman 3 gave me the most pleasant time going through and I wasn't tired out playing it (and 100% it too) compared to R2, but I would be lying if I didn't say I loved R2 as well, hell, I love nearly all the Rayman games I played, R1, 2, 3, and Origins. You can tell what I decided to leave out of that list...

Last edited:
I prefer 2 over 3 by a lot. 2 is just more fun even if 3 has banter. It does feel too easy at times but it is so good regardless.

I was hummimg gangplank galleon earlier and somehow it turned into tricky treasure. Got rayman on the brain
Rayman dixie and k rool confirmed

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Random Question:

Rayman 3, in my eyes, it's the best Rayman game. That isn't to put down 2, it's still a fantastic game, and there are some parts I prefer about it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Sorry for double posting, but I wish all of you guys a good night. It was fun talking with you guys.
Take care.
#KeepOnFighting

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Don't know why I haven't posted here yet, but sign me up for the supporters anytime guys, been lurking around here for way too long. Did my best on the mega smash poll too, mostly for the ray lad.

I'm feeling confident for rayman because of this community alone, you dudes seem super dedicated and friendly at the same time!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Don't know why I haven't posted here yet, but sign me up for the supporters anytime guys, been lurking around here for way too long. Did my best on the mega smash poll too, mostly for the ray lad.

I'm feeling confident for rayman because of this community alone, you dudes seem super dedicated and friendly at the same time!
Welcome, glad to have another friend apart of the Glade. :3 I hope you enjoy it here, and thanks for the compliment. ;3

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
A warm welcome to our 150th supporter! We hope you stick around for the ride, we're in for the long haul.

In other news, my new sig is complete. Simple cards, but they look nice.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, glad to have another friend apart of the Glade. :3 I hope you enjoy it here, and thanks for the compliment. ;3
A warm welcome to our 150th supporter! We hope you stick around for the ride, we're in for the long haul.

In other news, my new sig is complete. Simple cards, but they look nice.
Thanks guys, I'm super shy when it comes to forums for some reason, but here I just had to post. (also had no idea I'd be the 150th supporter, so that's flattering!)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks guys, I'm super shy when it comes to forums for some reason, but here I just had to post. (also had no idea I'd be the 150th supporter, so that's flattering!)
It's fine, I was the same way when I first came here, still kinda am at time. :) But I hope you have fun here, and good night, late where I am. xD

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Welcome aboard!!

Your name seems oddly familiar for some reason, though.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Welcome aboard!!

Your name seems oddly familiar for some reason, though.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, it's hilarious you mention that man, everyone assumes me with an old smash veteran who's name is literally Louie G.

I always get messages of people talking about me (him) and about how they missed me, it was pretty scary at first.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Welcome aboard! Thank you for your compliment, it only seemed like yesterday that I thought Rayman was a pipe dream.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So my Rayman moveset just isn't good enough because it uses a Plunger from Rayman Raving Rabbids for 1 attack?

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
So my Rayman moveset just isn't good enough because it uses a Plunger from Rayman Raving Rabbids for 1 attack?
The plunger is a really good idea actually! Even if the rabbid games aren't liked, it does probably need representation.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
More along the lines of a bunch of made up moves and barely anything from the actual games.

And the energy sphere was only a taunt.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
More along the lines of a bunch of made up moves and barely anything from the actual games.

And the energy sphere was only a taunt.
Every single move is from a Rayman game, and why does the energy sphere required to be more than a taunt?

I updated the document with Smash attacks and a final smash.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
There's something I would like to share with you guys, and I think it's pretty amazing:

So, I invited my friend over to my house today. Over there, I showed him my Amiibos as well as my New 3DS, with one of my cats coming onto his lap. We then played Smash 4 on the Wii U. However, after a few matches, I felt as though the game was getting boring since he wasn't on the same level as me competitively. So, I hesitantly popped in Rayman Legends, as I had no idea what levels to choose since he was of a different skill level. I thought it wasn't going to be as fun.
Boy, was I wrong.
He started laughing when he was Globox, as Globox was making farting sounds whenever he slammed on the ground. It became even more funny when we started slapping each other. When we were playing through "Teensies in Trouble!", he always laughed whenever I tickled the enemies and he quoted what the Teensie said when he's saved. I later showed him Castle Rock, Orchestral Chaos, and Mariachi Madness, which he really liked. Heck, I even made him fight the giant Spanish wrestler, who he thought was hilarious. We then joked that we should play this game in our Spanish class.:laugh:
However, by far the most fun moment we spent playing Legends was in Kung Foot. It was always hilarious whenever we scored in our own goals and then hear the announcer; we were even slapping each other when we were choosing teams. In fact, there was one match in which we didn't even know what TEAM we were on.:joyful:
By the time he was ready to go home, he said he wanted the game for either his Vita or his 360.
I don't know about you, but I don't think you can replicate that situation when playing online. Rayman Legends is a solid game to play by yourself, but with 3 extra people bopping and jumping, Legends becomes a magical multiplayer experience that not even Mario or, dare I say, Smash, can replicate. It proves that having a separate personality from other games can go a long way in influencing one's opinion, because let's face it:
Rayman Legends is one of, if not THE, best games available on the Wii U.
And it deserves to sell.
So.
Much.
More.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's something I would like to share with you guys, and I think it's pretty amazing:

So, I invited my friend over to my house today. Over there, I showed him my Amiibos as well as my New 3DS, with one of my cats coming onto his lap. We then played Smash 4 on the Wii U. However, after a few matches, I felt as though the game was getting boring since he wasn't on the same level as me competitively. So, I hesitantly popped in Rayman Legends, as I had no idea what levels to choose since he was of a different skill level. I thought it wasn't going to be as fun.
Boy, was I wrong.
He started laughing when he was Globox, as Globox was making farting sounds whenever he slammed on the ground. It became even more funny when we started slapping each other. When we were playing through "Teensies in Trouble!", he always laughed whenever I tickled the enemies and he quoted what the Teensie said when he's saved. I later showed him Castle Rock, Orchestral Chaos, and Mariachi Madness, which he really liked. Heck, I even made him fight the giant Spanish wrestler, who he thought was hilarious. We then joked that we should play this game in our Spanish class.:laugh:
However, by far the most fun moment we spent playing Legends was in Kung Foot. It was always hilarious whenever we scored in our own goals and then hear the announcer; we were even slapping each other when we were choosing teams. In fact, there was one match in which we didn't even know what TEAM we were on.:joyful:
By the time he was ready to go home, he said he wanted the game for either his Vita or his 360.
I don't know about you, but I don't think you can replicate that situation when playing online. Rayman Legends is a solid game to play by yourself, but with 3 extra people bopping and jumping, Legends becomes a magical multiplayer experience that not even Mario or, dare I say, Smash, can replicate. It proves that having a separate personality from other games can go a long way in influencing one's opinion, because let's face it:
Rayman Legends is one of, if not THE, best games available on the Wii U.
And it deserves to sell.
So.
Much.
More.
Agreed! Origins and Legends have some of my most fondly remembered multiplayer moments in games. Those games need the respect they deserve.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Too bad all my other friends still play their call of duty point and click adventure games.

... because there's no online?

I'm pretty sure you could get some people to play Legends with you.
IS THAT SCOTT PILGRIM
THAT"S RAMONA"S HAIR IT'S GOTTA BE

*ahem* I mean cool.

I love that series and gush over every reference. I should replay the game. and rewatch the movie. and read the books. again.. for like the 10th time.

and I didn't play any rayman multiplayer except like an hour of origins. twas fun but far too short because half of it was the last tricky treasure

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It sounds like you don't want to put my Rayman moveset in because you don't like it, and I just feel like that's not fair.

When I came up with the moveset I wanted it to be something strange and new but still true to the character, which is very similar to what Sakurai does. (Example: Pac-Man) instead of just copying and pasting stuff from Origins/Legends.

Top Bottom