• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The first one was completely unrelated, but two Nintendo games in a row...

Stop making wild speculations, brain.

All these nintendo references
"Birthday bash" incoming please.

Can luigis mansion even be called retro :/
stop brain this isnt suspicious.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

The first Luigi's Mansion first came out in Japan in September 14, 2001. Making it nearly 14 years old. I believe games older then a decade, 10 years, is considered "retro" at that point...

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Or Rayman is on his way to Smash.

Omni really was in on it the whole time.

Illuminati.

14 years old this year!

I feel really old now...

I'm LOVING how much the Rayman team seems to be toying with us. Even if it doesn't amount to anything, it's a fun way of building hype without killing anyones dreams!

Sakurai should take notes from them :p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just really want to know what they have planned for his birthday. Just have to wait. Just as I wait for MGSV.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
...but... but 2D Rayman!!
There's only been 2 true 3D platformer Rayman games, and they were amazing games, both critically acclaimed. His 2D adventures are great as well, but they need to continue into the 3D genre, aka, Ubisoft, GIVE US RAYMAN 4! :evil:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
As a kid I legit thought Rabbids was 4
Well...If you meant the DS game, then your half right, it might as well have been the 2D version of what Rayman 4 (or at least what the next 3D Rayman game was going to be), but no. And this is why console games should stay console games if you expect a proper setup for a game's sequels. I'm looking at you, Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Calling it right now:
The Rayman team will Raymanify Punch-Out next.
How?
Rayman will be Little Mac.
This guy is going to be King Hippo:

Oh, and Globox can be Doc Louis, with him eating chocolate plums.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I still haven't touched any of the handheld KH games, so it feels like the series just died off since 2.

It sure made the announcement of the third game super hype though.
Pretty much this. But one problem, although the majority of the handheld KH were either just spinoff, or "explain the past events the older games had that could have just been explained then, I think Chain of Memories is actually a sequel to KH2. So, yeah. :/

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pretty much this. But one problem, although the majority of the handheld KH were either just spinoff, or "explain the past events the older games had that could have just been explained then, I think Chain of Memories is actually a sequel to KH2. So, yeah. :/
Chain of Memories is set between the first and second games, explaining how Sora went into hypersleep.

Come to think of it, I never even questioned why he was there in the first place back in the day.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Chain of Memories is set between the first and second games, explaining how Sora went into hypersleep.

Come to think of it, I never even questioned why he was there in the first place back in the day.
Sorry for this off topic discussion but oh, I thought I was thinking of the wrong game then, was it Re: Coded then? And well, I don't know about it much, as I never played the first one before KH2, as KH2 was my first KH game and only one I played ever.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sorry for this off topic discussion but oh, I thought I was thinking of the wrong game then, was it Re: Coded then? And well, I don't know about it much, as I never played the first one before KH2, as KH2 was my first KH game and only one I played ever.
Eh, no one will mind. Kingdom Hearts is cool beans.

I don't know a thing about the handheld games other than CoM being between the main two games.

KH3 will probably end up being a convoluted mess story-wise, what with all the random characters out of nowhere.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Eh, no one will mind. Kingdom Hearts is cool beans.

I don't know a thing about the handheld games other than CoM being between the main two games.

KH3 will probably end up being a convoluted mess story-wise, what with all the random characters out of nowhere.
You mean it isn't already a convoluted mess of a story? :p And that's why I really cared more for the gameplay then the story. Cause even by the 2nd game, the one I only got to play, I felt something off about the story and something was going to make things more confusing as time goes. Guess I was right...

Last edited:
in order
Birth by sleep {haven't played}
1 {great start}
356/2 AND chain of memories (356 starts earlier but chain happens during events of 356) {mediocre and bad}
2 {amazing and the best}
recoded {too gimmicky but the combat is good}
dream drop distance {absolutely fantastic}
3?

and don't bother. The story doesn't make sense. Very few things are needed for the story anyway other than "dis guy bad. fight him"

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Dude.

What if Omni works for Nintendo/Ubisoft and he saw the official render for Rayman in Smash and just copied it to make a fake leak like that one dude who did the same thing with that Shulk render that turned out to be legit in the ESRB leak. Man, totally.

*Stoner Illuminati*

Guys, Rayman thread
Hello, owner of thread here.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
KH is third party and requested. Rayman is third party and requested. shhhh

Worst idea for a stage.

sea of serendipity (how do i remember this name) as a water level. in smash
Don't give Sakurai any ideas. He might be looking through this thread right now and will probably use this as the Rayman stage.
"Cautious member being cautious."
Yep, that's me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Dude.

What if Omni works for Nintendo/Ubisoft and he saw the official render for Rayman in Smash and just copied it to make a fake leak like that one dude who did the same thing with that Shulk render that turned out to be legit in the ESRB leak. Man, totally.

*Stoner Illuminati*

TooMuchGrasping 7.8./10.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dude.

*Stoner Illuminati*

Why yes I am TehEpicJames we will continue to thread ja?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Top Bottom