• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Considering he thinks Ridley can't be shrunk down according to him MF is also impossible. Hope will never die!-best waifu
You know what I mean.
The traitor that isn't a ****
The Face is a Final Smash ala Giga Bowser

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So I am going to be making a visual picture of each move for my moveset, and the Throttle Copter one turned out better than I thought it would.

I would argue with the detractor (we need a name like toobigot or Deetractor) but arguing for Ridley and clones has tired me out of arguing people too stubborn to change.

have fun though

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
To those that come to this thread and want to either troll us or to start a flame war:

Not literally, of course, but you get the idea.
We're not to be messed with.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, I have a question that I want to ask:

Did the aftermath of the fake leak remind you of a scene from a TV show or movie?

Because I was reminded of this scene from Breaking Bad when everyone learned it was fake:

NGamerGirl

Smash Rookie
Ok what does Rayman have going for him other than relevancy and moveset potential not much to get into Smash. I just want to know one little thing that Rayman has that makes him somewhat of a future candidate for Smash Bros. Besides relevancy and moveset there's not much else. He has yet to do anything important in the gaming world unlike the others before him and just keeps trying to be popular but always end up failing.
For the whole DLC thing that we seem to be getting sometime soon, I'd be surprise if we even get a third party character for it. The only one I can see being a DLC for third party is Snake since he's actually been in Smash before and his moveset is already there. For Rayman it's a brand new character that you have to build from the ground up and have to look at his games to even get a moveset going and that is a lot to go through for just one character and for downloadable content.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ok what does Rayman have going for him other than relevancy and moveset potential not much to get into Smash. I just want to know one little thing that Rayman has that makes him somewhat of a future candidate for Smash Bros. Besides relevancy and moveset there's not much else. He has yet to do anything important in the gaming world unlike the others before him and just keeps trying to be popular but always end up failing.
For the whole DLC thing that we seem to be getting sometime soon, I'd be surprise if we even get a third party character for it. The only one I can see being a DLC for third party is Snake since he's actually been in Smash before and his moveset is already there. For Rayman it's a brand new character that you have to build from the ground up and have to look at his games to even get a moveset going and that is a lot to go through for just one character and for downloadable content.
That explains why he's been going strong for near 20 years huh?
/s

The fact you've made this account today and your only 4 posts have been detracting in a Rayman thread is pretty sad.
If you don't want him then leave.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
[quote="NGamerGirl, post: 18766075, member: 300084] For Rayman it's a brand new character that you have to build from the ground up and have to look at his games to even get a moveset going and that is a lot to go through for just one character and for downloadable content.[/quote]
You are implying that DLC newcomers are impossible

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Ah........ where do we start?
  1. His games have received critical acclaim across the board and often end up being one of the highest games of the year.
  2. Outside of the gaming world, Rayman became the official mascot for the French team that were going to play in the World Cup in 2014.
  3. Rayman actually has a model in the game (unlike Snake).
  4. Rayman Legends and Origins have practically given Sakurai a source to look at for Rayman's moveset.
  5. He's the mascot of Ubisoft, one of the few companies Nintendo actually has a relationship with.
  6. If we were going to base popularity off of sales, Rayman isn't that far away from Mega Man; 26 million to 30 million.
  7. Oh, and about Mega Man; Capcom hasn't released a new Mega Man game in a LONG time, yet he still got in Smash.
  8. Likewise, Rayman has been getting great games that often prove popular and as a result, his series have got three trophies in Smash Wii U.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
[quote="NGamerGirl, post: 18766075, member: 300084] For Rayman it's a brand new character that you have to build from the ground up and have to look at his games to even get a moveset going and that is a lot to go through for just one character and for downloadable content.
You are implying that DLC newcomers are impossible[/quote]
Yes, it is way too hard to make new characters.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yes, it is way too hard to make new characters.
That's some flawed logic there, buddy.

If Nintendo releases nothing but vets, people will start to think they pulled a Capcom and withheld characters that could have been in the game. Sakurai has stressed that he doesn't want that type of business plan associated with them.

Also, what @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen said.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Just look at my account picture.
That represents my stance on your view of Rayman.

EDIT: Good riddance that troll is gone now. This thread has had to deal with that Hoodlum for most of the day.
As I was saying....were you guys reminded of a scene from a TV show or movie when you learned that the leak was fake?

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
That's some flawed logic there, buddy.

If Nintendo releases nothing but vets, people will start to think they pulled a Capcom and withheld characters that could have been in the game. Sakurai has stressed that he doesn't want that type of business plan associated with them.

Also, what @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen said.
Mewtwo was made from scratch, so that's a lie
Tell that to Ed Boon and the Jason Voorhees DLC for MK X.
Maybe I should just never be sarcastic ever again.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Maybe I should just never be sarcastic ever again.
If you were truly being sarcastic, then you should have used a word that would make you sound sarcastic. Like saying "sooooo hard to make new characters" this is the internet, after all. Plus, it's a general misconception that it is way too hard to make new characters thanks to Sakurai's statements, so it's obvious why we all tried to prove you wrong.

No harm done, though. :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm glad to see the crew was doing their best while I was gone.
That post was beautiful, except the Mega Man 30 year olds, but I can ignore being called old
Don't worry, I'm old too. I actually love retro games, but people thinking only the old games are important and writing off newer ones is just as bad as the people who think only new and "muhrelevant" games are important.

Can Rayman fans be called Raymaniacs or Raymains?
For the support list, I went with Electoons. A callback to Rayman 1 and Origins, they all love Rayman.

Raymanians could work.

Ah........ where do we start?
You nailed nearly every point I would have made myself, quite the exemplary show old chap.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm glad to see the crew was doing their best while I was gone.

Don't worry, I'm old too. I actually love retro games, but people thinking only the old games are important and writing off newer ones is just as bad as the people who think only new and "muhrelevant" games are important.

For the support list, I went with Electoons. A callback to Rayman 1 and Origins, they all love Rayman.

Raymanians could work.

You nailed nearly every point I would have made myself, quite the exemplary show old chap.
17 is old? Damn

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
You seem like on of the many people who detracted against megaman because he wasn't popular and hadn't had a game in years but when he got in you just went to detract another character and rayman would be the first third party character from somewhere not japan

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, I have a question that I want to ask:

Did the aftermath of the fake leak remind you of a scene from a TV show or movie?

Because I was reminded of this scene from Breaking Bad when everyone learned it was fake:
I had this reaction

Looks like I missed some fun.

Also, I really like the name Hoodlums for the haters.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Thank you! I was just trying to show that troll that he is famous enough. I appreciate it.

By the way, you know how the Bandana Dee thread has a public poll that asks people whether they would like to see him in Smash? Have you ever considered doing the same with this thread?

Top Bottom