• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
And that's really what matters to me, imo. I like to draw not only for others to enjoy, but to know I've did something I had fun doing.
Exactly. But, cheer up @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , you put all of your effort into it, and if you want to improve it, go ahead, if not, there's no problem with that.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Not to be mean, but I don't understand the point of what James is trying to make.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
[collapse=]
Exactly. But, cheer up @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , you put all of your effort into it, and if you want to improve it, go ahead, if not, there's no problem with that.
I just feel like either it was a big coincidence that someone else did the same thing I was doing at the same time, or they saw me doing it and said "I can do better than this twit." Maybe I'm just being too cynical. I can't compete with Photoshop either...
[/collapse]

Nothing to do about it now than to move on. I wonder where my PS2 is, I should play through the first three Rayman games again.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
[collapse=]

I just feel like either it was a big coincidence that someone else did the same thing I was doing at the same time, or they saw me doing it and said "I can do better than this twit." Maybe I'm just being too cynical. I can't compete with Photoshop either...
[/collapse]

Nothing to do about it now than to move on. I wonder where my PS2 is, I should play through the first three Rayman games again.
If it helps you feel better James, go ahead. Good luck, and hope you feel better.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know, when I compare myself to, say, my brother, I get a little sad inside.

The same is true for being an artist. However, to have artists of many talents is a good thing because here's the thing. All artists provide their own image as to how they think Rayman could look.

Don't feel sad, James. I mean, it's not like your render was bad. It's just that guy took a different route with your render and got a product that people will either love or hate more than yours.

I mean, I get jealous sometimes because I can't draw this good:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

The same is true for being an artist. However, to have artists of many talents is a good thing because here's the thing. All artists provide their own image as to how they think Rayman could look.

Don't feel sad, James. I mean, it's not like your render was bad. It's just that guy took a different route with your render and got a product that people will either love or hate more than yours.

Neither do I, and I'm coursing a designing career....but oh well, amazing fanart of Ray and Dark Ray...or...Raymesis...or...something.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

<.< I have to agree, I can't do anything like that...but I hope to be able to someday...

But drawing keeps me motivated and willing to get there, to this level, so yeah, you're right about that...

Neither do I, and I'm coursing a designing career....but oh well, amazing fanart of Ray and Dark Ray...or...Raymesis...or...something.
It's either or, really. But yeah, same..

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just out of curiosity, but are the Rayman Run games on mobile phones any good?
I've never played them. But I played the "Jungle Run" variety before, and if it's like that, then it should be fine. I was interesting for what it is...it's most likely in 2D though, which I would think of the sections in Rayman O/L to get to the chest is how it might be, I guess...

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Just out of curiosity, but are the Rayman Run games on mobile phones any good?
I 100%'d Rayman Jungle Run, and it's the best mobile game I've ever played.

I tried out Fiesta Run and that one was alright.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So I'm guessing nobody wanted to help me with the Rayman 3DS mockup either because I don't have much respect on this thread or nobody feels like going through the effort.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Probably the latter.
We don't hate you. Trust me.
Well all I ask is to have a screenshot of a Mii Fighter named "RAYMAN" posted onto Miiverse, which I guess is hard for people? But whatever.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I'm guessing nobody wanted to help me with the Rayman 3DS mockup either because I don't have much respect on this thread or nobody feels like going through the effort.
Why don't you have respect? I've never meant anyone on this thread disrespect, so if it's just because of a few disagreements, you're misunderstanding. You're misunderstood.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I went on Miiverse once a long time ago then never again. I have no idea how to even use it.

I'm incapable of doing so anyway, since my NNID is stuck in limbo.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well all I ask is to have a screenshot of a Mii Fighter named "RAYMAN" posted onto Miiverse, which I guess is hard for people? But whatever.
Wouldn't that get the person banned?

I would but I don't have internet at the moment.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh thank you so much.

The screenshot should be right after the yellow flash/burst.

So it should look like this.
I couldn't get a 3DS screenshot, but here's a Wii U one

I'm sorry if you can't use that one, but my 3DS won't allow me to take a picture of the 3DS screen.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
The dream:

We won't stop until he's in. This is his best chance to get in.
Good night, guys. We shall continue to fight for our limbless hero tomorrow.
#KeepOnFighting

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I couldn't get a 3DS screenshot, but here's a Wii U one

I'm sorry if you can't use that one, but my 3DS won't allow me to take a picture of the 3DS screen.
*sigh*
Thanks for the effort but I can't use this for the 3DS version, I already have the Wii U version done.

Are you sure you can't just post a picture onto Miiverse and link it here?

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
*sigh*
Thanks for the effort but I can't use this for the 3DS version, I already have the Wii U version done.

Look I found Rayman, it's totally him.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
*sigh*

I'm sorry, but when I hit the home button to go to Miiverse, it said something along the lines of "you can't go to Miiverse with this software." I'm sorry I couldn't do it. Edit: Huh, looks like someone else did it, that's good.

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
If this beautiful work of art doesn't convince Sakurai, then nothing will!!!!!!!!
!!!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Kid Icarus and Kirby.

The other games throw me off, but I want to believe.

They've still got another Sakurai game left.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

My reaction to the picture.

It really seems as though Ubisoft and Nintendo are going to keep us guessing for the entire year.

My God, I hope these pictures mean SOMETHING.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

My reaction to the picture.

It really seems as though Ubisoft and Nintendo are going to keep us guessing for the entire year.

My God, I hope these pictures mean SOMETHING.
Welcome to my world of following Ed Boon on twitter.
Sektor? Cyrax? Predator?
Just confirm them already!

Top Bottom