• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ratman: The Next Ultimate Razer

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ratman sucks.

edit: he isn't too bad.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Decent Snake. Not seeing the whole "next Ultimate Razer" thing though. The opponents were just decent too. I mean, by high level tourney standards anyway. No offense.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Decent Snake. Not seeing the whole "next Ultimate Razer" thing though. The opponents were just decent too. I mean, by high level tourney standards anyway. No offense.
You know who Fino and Affinty are? Right?

I've heard of both of them.... and isn't Fino one of like.. the top 3 (aka: only 3) good Oli's in the US?

napZzz

Smash Hero
this is funny. Cuz awhile back I remember ppl doing double snake in teams at one of our tourneys and they called it team 14 yr olds or something. I'm too old to play snake :[

TheMike

Smash Lord
I just watched the Snake vs MK set. Affinity, u continues sexy and Ratman has a very good Snake! I'm going to watch Fino's Olimar now =]

OMG!! I'm 14, too =0

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You know who Fino and Affinty are? Right?

I've heard of both of them.... and isn't Fino one of like.. the top 3 (aka: only 3) good Oli's in the US?
Top3? How many active Olimars are out there again?

I agree with Bizkit. He's good but not that good. There were many situations where I thought "OK and now he's going to spotdodge" and he did it. Not sure if he's predictable or if I am just too good but since I suck at this game I assume it's the former. Of course there's the chance that he did all his spotdodges on purpose and none of them because there might be a bad habit but I really doubt it tbh.

On a more general note I love how people claim Olimar to have the advantage over Snake. Olimar doesn't beat Snake...never happened, never will.

:059:

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
didn't you almost lose to a guy from mn named deepak at kahoka
If by almost lost you mean took me to 3rd game, then yeah. I KO'd him with U-throw ftw at ~70% when I was at ~20% on Rainbow Cruise/last stock each/MK ditto iirc.

He played Falco the games previous and beat me 2nd game on FD. I had close to no Falco experience at the time so I counterpicked Rainbow Cruise, forcing him to switch to MK; I have a lot of experience in the ditto.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I should have specified. IcyLight, Dabuz, Rich Brown, AND Blackwaltz are all better than the Olimar in that video.

napZzz

Smash Hero
If by almost lost you mean took me to 3rd game, then yeah. I KO'd him with U-throw ftw at ~70% when I was at ~20% on Rainbow Cruise/last stock each/MK ditto iirc.

He played Falco the games previous and beat me 2nd game on FD. I had close to no Falco experience at the time so I counterpicked Rainbow Cruise, forcing him to switch to MK; I have a lot of experience in the ditto.
dunno. I Just heard your name mentioend the other day when we were talking about old tourneys while smashing. ANd deepak is kinda average. But times change ;) troll troll troll
I should have specified. IcyLight, Dabuz, Rich Brown, AND Blackwaltz are all better than the Olimar in that video.
you just named every olimar alive pretty much

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Pyronic~Star? Or actually his gamer tag now is Logic, but he's a really good olimar, he could definitely compete for best in the country imo.

And I didn't get the same feeling I got when I first watched Razer's snake, not that he's bad, he's pretty good, but I wouldn't call him among or like the top snakes just yet.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I would too. Top 5 for sure. Also yea, add Weurop and PS to the list of better Olimars, forgot about them among a few others. I could just post a set with me beating IcyLight and be like "omg the next Ally" xd. Doesn't work too well...

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Has he attended other tournies or have any good placings besides this?

And not like Razer lmao. He doesn't b-reverse as much. Maybe the next Afro, but thats it.

Also, Timmy's da bes. I didn't see Ratman usin a wiimote. harhar.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think Ratman is top5 tbh ... Ally, Anti, Fatal, Afro, Razer are all at least as good and Panda isn't worse either. I also keep hearing lots of good things from mojo (socal) so top5 sounds like a stretch.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
Pretty nifty use of B-reversal and aerial C4/grenade techniques. He's got good technique, not gonna lie.

Now if he didn't roll around uselessly so much, especially TOWARD the opponent, he'd be good.

Fino

Smash Master
On a more general note I love how people claim Olimar to have the advantage over Snake. Olimar doesn't beat Snake...never happened, never will.

Unfortunately I figured out a little late in the game what I should be doing against his style of snake. I kept trying to usmash him, he knew this - so he'd put himself in a lot of situations where I would go for the usmash and get punished for it. Though the tournament was for charity, and the only prize was a trophy so it didn't matter a whole lot. lol.

I like how people watch a vid where they lose and it justifies whether or not they are a good player. Weruop is easily the best, blackwaltz put down his controller last I heard, and several people (mike haze, chiibo, ect) have said I'm a lot better than RB. Most olimar mains put me top 5, but I think that's a load of garbage, I still have a lot of MUs to learn up on XD.

Razer... MM @ No koast?=]

~Fino

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
It's okay Ratman will only be good for 3 more days, he won't be 14 anymore. xD

You're all just jealous. =P

Panix

Smash Ace
Did some stuff that I wouldn't do, got punished for it, when he was vrsing affinity and got shuttle looped and put in the bad position, he should of went for the c4 recovery, instead he got pounded off stage.

Above average but not amazing.

Top Bottom