• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate YOUR pit.

kupo15

Smash Hero
His sig quote, is probably just to make fun of him. It may or may not be something sakurai actually said, i dont know i didnt pay attention to him. But its one of those duh moments for people, either that or hes just making it seem like he is releasing information, when its just a bunch of crap. This sort of tactic us used alot in politics.
It is not to make fun of him at all. I have adjusted to Brawl's style of playing and I am enjoying it. But if this could possibly mean the addition of some melee stuff like hitstun and L canceling or a better wifi, I would be excited.

If this makes me look like I am making fun of him or anything, I'll take it down because I don't want to be portrayed that way. I am seriously wondering what he means by that.

Corigames

Smash Hero
According to that chart, I'm a 2/9/10

I only play in very small packets of time, dedicating little to this game

I am unique in my play style, fun to watch, hard to beat, and tough to counter

People hate it when I play because of how I play which results in me playing less.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah we were playing on those sad projection screen televisions though. On that note we actually had a quick discussion on the Projection Television issue in the SBR yesterday. lol

And since I posted I'm going to go ahead and rate myself as a one. That's right. Compare your number to mine then kill yourselves because that makes half of you all off the chart in a very bad way. /arrogant jerk

EDIT: Oh and YO!, we need to team up sometime. ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Both Gold Pit and Blue Pit now have Wing Cancelling in their arsenal. However, after seeing Undr's Angelus Vid, it made me feel weak since i have yet to master the aiming of arrow looping.
Blue Pit currently at 7
Gold Pit currently at 8.5

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Both Gold Pit and Blue Pit now have Wing Cancelling in their arsenal. However, after seeing Undr's Angelus Vid, it made me feel weak since i have yet to master the aiming of arrow looping.
Blue Pit currently at 7
Gold Pit currently at 8.5
nice you have a different rank for your pit colors, I try to keep mine on the same par.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
nice you have a different rank for your pit colors, I try to keep mine on the same par.
Thanks. Each color has their own strategy, as i mentioned earlier in the thread.
While the Blue Pit prefers to patiently wait for his enemy to approach him, while being great with arrows, Mirror Shielding, and Wing cancelling, as well as gliding (Archery, Defenses and airborne power), The Gold one shows my greatest determination. I'll use all of my greatest skills to win.
I just find the Gold and Blue Pits quite suitable for my strategies. I'll be making both of them stronger eventually.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I'll give myself a 7. I've mastered every "AT" for Pit, actually in this game really, but I must admit that even the most complicated of techniques is no harder than an L Cancel in Melee.

So you might be asking why a 7? Well I'll admit that I think I'm quite skilled at this game, and I almost always win against those I play against. The thing is though that in Melee, I thought the same way until I played some pros. I played the top players in my province who traveled to the US and put up a hell of a fight against the top American players who were arguably the best in the world. The only thing seperating themselves from me was one element and the most important of all, mindgames.

The technical aspects were easy enough to learn. Of course it took time, a LONG time, to get used to wavedashing/waveshining, etc and then implementing it "perfectly" into my style. But once MASTERING the technical aspect of the game, I was still being beat.

So because of that I'd say I'm a 7 just because as far as technical skill, Brawl doesn't take all that much and I sure as hell have it down to a tee. My mindgames are good enough to give me a tonnn of wins but if I were to play someone like PC Chris let's say, I'd be happy to even take 1/3 of his stock.

Ant13

Smash Rookie
I'd put myself in the 2-6 region. Except I don't play competitively. I'd like to, but don't. Time is an issue for me. And thanks to the Undrground, I'm more capable than some shmuck spamming the bajesus outta Angel ring.

kupo15

Smash Hero
In light of my first tourney flop, I think my Pit went down to a 7. But because I was able to use Wingdashing and Arrow looping effectively, that brings me up to a 7.5. Maybe Tourney skills should be put in the ranking system.

Corigames

Smash Hero
...The thing is though that in Melee, I thought the same way until I played some pros. I played the top players in my province who traveled to the US and put up a hell of a fight against the top American players who were arguably the best in the world. The only thing seperating themselves from me was one element and the most important of all, mindgames.

The technical aspects were easy enough to learn. Of course it took time, a LONG time, to get used to wavedashing/waveshining, etc and then implementing it "perfectly" into my style. But once MASTERING the technical aspect of the game, I was still being beat.
I'd just like to point out that I respect you more than 90% of these boards because you have honesty and humility to say that.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I would say a 6-7.5. I've learned a couple ATs, but not all. And I really don't have that much practice in 1vs1 matches. Mostly FFAs, and I don't really rank myself much. >_>

EDIT: I also rarely play in the competitive scene. I'm more of a items fan.

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
I'm about a seven. My advanced techniques consist of wing renewal edge guarding, pivot sliding, and arrow chasing. The rest of them I haven't found a use for in my playstyle.

KratosAurion

Smash Rookie
I guess I'm about 6-7 since I haven't practiced the Wing Techniques that much, and haven't incorporated them into my game yet. However I think I know the character pretty well and I'm definitely not a spammer. I still need to improve on powershielding though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Gold Pit is now at a 9 for learning more about Wing Cancelling and Wing Renewal. His combo is becoming less resistant as well. He also did help me a lot yesterday with some victories... a lot of them.
Blue Pit is at 7, since i was focusing on the Gold one.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
I'd say a 7-7.5. I've been doing some of the older pit techniques for quite a while (arrow looping/whatever other terms there are for it), as well as working on effective uses for wing gusting. I.e, I KO'd a tlink using its dair by gusting it away from the edge before it connected with the ground. It was a great feeling.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Gold Pit was from 9 to 7.5 only because he does not know how to do the new tech. Undr's Undrwolrd 4 vid gots some of that tech which he is to learn.
Blue Pit, same with the gold one dropped, but to 6 because i have not used him in about a week, and the new tech as well.

Top Bottom