• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

D

Deleted member

Hmm, I suppose this would work similar to updates in the past. If you don't have the same version update as the person you are attempting to play, it won't let you.
Or simply, you can only play with others that are playing the game on N3DS too. It's the only option if we are to ever see the duos return.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ice Climbers
Chance: 20%
The first veteran I've given a score of less than 50, but unlike the rest of the veterans, these guys actually have a reason to be slow besides "Clone, unpopular, not planned" The thing about these guys is that they tried to get them in, but couldn't. The technical limitations of the 3DS are a massive hurdle for them to overcome and its not going to go away simply. There's also 8-player Smash on Wii U, they already had to simplify some stages to get them to work, could Ice Climbers cause them to take away even more detail and movement to these stages to work? Judging from changes made, the game doesn't seem to be able to run 8 players + bosses smoothly, what about 16? Thats just specualtion though.
Of coarse, problems can be fixed if one puts enough work into. Maybe Sakurai can find a way to by pass this issue or fix it entirely on 3DS and maybe the Wii U problems don't even exist.
Want: 100%
My most missed veterans, it just feels so wrong to have a two time character cut.

Tetra
Chance: I don't even remember what I gave her last time, but I'll say 15% and hope it a little higher
Tetra was recently announced to be in Hyrule Warriors, a game that suppose to feature fan favourites plus Agitha. She makes sense to be in that game, but she offers very little in Smash since we already have two Zelda's and Toon Link to represent the Toon Games, especially Wind Waker, although her Pirate motif could make for a unique moveset, and we have each character besides Tink still using and only using their TP design (Unfortunately) so when it comes to Zelda, I doubt they care much about representing it well. And Toon Zelda was apparently planned for Brawl
Want: 30%
There are other Zelda characters I would prefer, but I would not oppose her. Better than Toon Zelda

Nominate all cut characters returning x15

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hmm, I suppose this would work similar to updates in the past. If you don't have the same version update as the person you are attempting to play, it won't let you.
I guess that would work but I doubt Nintendo would go through the trouble of doing that just for the IC's really.

Nonetheless, I am a supporter of their return and Sakurai finding a way to bring them back somehow would be good news for everyone.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:popo:

Chances : 56%

New 3DS and a big fanbase IS a thing.

Want : 90%

Tetra

Chances : 47%

Want : 100%

Her inclusion in Hyrule Warriors 3DS raised my wants to new levels.

Nominating... Black Shadow X15
You do realize that one reason why they were scrapped is because Sakurai wanted to have all the characters accessible to anyone who owns the game...those that don't own the New 3DS or a Wii U would be left out of having the Ice Climbers and it isn't really right to make someone buy an entirely new system just so that they could get 1 character....which they'd have to pay for through DLC anyways....pretty much put it this way...it's either they are available for both 3DS and Wii U or neither of them...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
BEHOLD, SUPER-BELATED E3 OVERVIEW! WOULD APPRECIATE A LATE READ AND LIKE FROM ANY ONE OF YOU!

Whew! Seems the hypestorm has tapered in strength by now. Guess it's the epitome to reflect upon this year's announcements. And boy, is the hyperbole real across the board! Granted, the conference overall was not necessarily disappointing per se, but extremely lackluster. I don't completely hate it because I got down a couple games with more to warm up to. But the showing had an absence of "oomph!", if you know what I mean.

Roy - 90%

Confession time; I changed my mind and splurged on all 3 characters, even the two semi-clones. That's an action of mine even after I sepnt so many keystrokes denouncing them! I guess the idea of them existing warmed up to me overtime, the leaks exacerbating the process. Just gotta remember that my opinion has changed and I got to practice what I preach. Now committed to at least the full roster experience and if Sakurai does it, I'll be okay with it. Well, unless we get some eldtrich cringe **** Goku or Spongebob, in which I shall demonstrate my distaste by scalping all copies and Smash Wii U/3DS en masse from all major retailers and reselling them at prices by the tenfold! Getting this movement going on the equally-spurned Smashboards users, we shall extend this measure to international effect by the twentyfold!

But alas, our boy is back! Gotta say, he surprised me with his Luigified moveset and flavor! Not even Lucina can be compared to him! Where do I begin? His fire-effects and hiltbox are still there and looks and feel better than in Melee. Can't forget the different tilts and smashes too. Oh, and his Final Smash is so damn cool!
Of course, Roy's just a little bit off from perfect due to the consistency issues he causes in addition to his lack of necessity. We already had a character with the namesake of Roy (and now no "Koopa" dropped on him and his ilk) and having 2 additional Marth-based movesets feels kind of iffy (Lucina's the main violator here, however.) Roy's just here mainly because of the nostalgia wielded by his vocal fanbase. But, they got what they wanted and it looks like he's here to stay. Whether he'll be a permanent Smash veteran now is another debate that questions the legacy value of the character.

BTW, many of you guys really could stop getting so anal about muh reps. Can't you see the developers don't care about it and sales consistency only comes second to what unqiue characters a series has to fill out their stable. So for sweet merciful Naga's sake, stop reducing characters to demographical stand-ins!

Ryu - 100%

SHOOORYUKEN! HADOUKEN! TASTURESTU! TATSUMAKI SEMPUKYAKU! SHINKUUUU, HADOOOOKEEEEEN! HIYA, SHIN... SHORYUKEN!
Oh, uh... I guess I got carried away there! Srsly tho, Ryu's attack calls are some of the funnest to say! I can even awkwardly garble them to myself and I'd still get the thrill! It's on par with shouting, "OBJECTION!"

Anyways, Ryu's perhaps my favorite DLC character and is a serious contender for my favorite 3rd party. He's brought nothing but bonuses to Smash! Breaks the unspoken 1 character per company rule? Check! Defies Sakurai's deproiritization of fighting game characters? Check! Introduces Street Ffighter-style input commands, button attack degrees, and cancels? Check! Has two Final Smashes? Check!

Let's take a moment to admire how transferable Ryu's moveset is. You got all three of his bread-and-butter specials appropriately mapped. Just about every one of his standards leaves nothing behind from his typical Street Fighter moveset. Even the Focus Attack from Super Street Fighter IV even made it in! His technical design is so brilliant in that it encourages players not familiar with traditional fighters to learn fundamental attack commands and cancels! This is helped by the fact that every special attack is powered up when the attack command is used over the special button. Really gives his moveset an intiutive tutorial of sorts!

I can't believe I'm seeing people fuss over his inclusion as if he isn't a "Nintendo all-star" or that Nintendo is giving Sony free advertising. Geez Louis, can't you cast aside your ludicrously-equalistic business gripes and commemorate yet another gaming icon gracing the glory of Smash!? Ryu pioneered the fighting game genre way back on the SNES and has become a major character all over gaming! If you thought Snake was uncanny, hate to break to ya that Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man have never been exlcusive to Nintendo! They've just happened to make large impacts on Nintendo. There's no ****ing royalty clause to determine a 3rd party character's worth!

Smash Direct Satisfaction - 79.5%

Hoh boy, what a way to kick off the E3 festivities! Even with the leaks prematurely siphoning hype, we got a ****load of content frontrunned by 3 amazing characters! :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

The Miiverse stage is a great bonus for everyone. nice to see we're getting N64 stages back starting with Dream Land. That'll give you the option to not make Kongo Jungle 64 forsaken.

While the Mii Fighter outfits are nice, I would rather have a more substantial batch of general customization pieces. You know, kind of like the Smash Bros. T-Shirt, Cat Suit, and Monkey Suit. Except much more diverse to create different types of characters. It gives me a sense of rough deconfirmation with the expanse of character costumes we've received. I want to roughly craft out my Mii Fighters! Not be given two-bit duddy costumes tantalizing me to wish those characters could be in the game! Oh, and those Animal Crossing costumes are the ugliest, disgruntling outfits you could include! It looks like you taxonomized Isabelle and K.K. Slider into fur suits! Wigs would be much more advisable so we can actually make the faces with our Miis!

I have a concern with the character roster, as I am concerned that this game is teetering very close to saturating itself. 3 characters is a lot to swallow fathomably and financially. Atop of Mewtwo, this is becoming very divisive purchases that will only continue to get more lofty the more characters are added. I can see the Ballot update bringing the price of the full roster experience to the equivalent of a newly-released game. I sincerely hope there's discounts for DLC owners and/or character packs.

Aside from that, these characters are starting to make me feel jaded and I just want Sakurai to choose a point to cut off DLC already. This game needs to phase into longevity now and the fans could do a favor to feel satisfied. All I want left is a Ballot update in Holiday 2015 or Q1 2016 with the top characters from Japan, North America and Europe, maybe with one more International. It's time Sakurai took a rest and look towards new endeavors. It's also advisable that we start saving characters for Smash 5 and leave room for Nintendo to breath with the NX (which I doubt we'll be seeing a Smash on. But again, that's too early to judge without any concrete details on it.)

Digital Event Satisfaction - 55%

Star Fox Zero: It's about time you showed up, Fox! We knew this game was coming for a year, and now we finally see it in action! We have a traditional Star Fox to cleanse our palette, complete with well-thought Gamepad incorporation AND Platnium on board to embellish their mark of badass combat! The diversity in vehicles and gameplay styles look very promising too! I'm a little concerned about the NSA surveillance drone and tiny R.O.B.ot on a string and if it will end up being more boring and intrusive with the rest of the fast-paced, actiony gameplay. Hope it doesn't get underused because of that.

For those of you who are calling Miyamoto out for bringing the story direction back to Star Fox 64, he has elaborated that this essentially a gaiden game to Star Fox 64, as in it happens alongside the events of that story, but explore a derivative plot. Honestly, that has some pretty interesting potential. Just as weary as the rest of this becoming another nostalgic ****fest. But hopefully Miyamaoto chose this direction because he's aware that the fans want to move away from that game.

Skylanders Supercharged: Skylanders has always been awkwardly foreign to me. My stepbros have the Xbox 360 version and I might want to try it. I want to give at least one series game an honest shot to see what all the fuss is about rather than chastise it as money-grubbling kiddie bunkum. Wuzzat? You like how amiibo are but you say Skylanders sucks for being just that? Why, cram a jelly tot in it and reexamine yourself, you presumed ignoramus!

Supercharged Donkey Kong and Hammer Bash Bowser looked so amazing and meshed really well with the Skylanders style! Seriously, gotta love the artistic licenses they put into their movesets! It's this kind of IP lendsmanship I love to see from Nintendo! It realizes our favorite characters in ways we would never imagine! Hmm, gotta wonder if I'll get my chance to handle the development of some of my favorite Nintendo properties one day in my career.

Metroid Prime Federation Force / Metroid Prime Blastball: Boy, this one's perhaps the most controversial. As of this time of writing, the well-spoken Chane.org petition to cancel the game is at 11,160 and counting. Given the fact that Metroid has been teased for years and comes off the cusp of the disaster that was Other M, I really do question why Next Level went ahead and branded this as a Metroid spin-off instead of making it its own thing. That's a poor design decision, if you ask me. I mean, just look at how welcome Blastball was when they showed it at the NWC only to find out it was masquerading as a Metroid Prime game the entire time! Not only did you present it in a way that gave it a new franchise impression, but you later reveal how its shackled to a high-demand franchise In Name Only.

Personally the Blastball game didn't sound very appealing at first and it looks boring in action. Haven't really seen the other modes in depth to see what else it offers other than we got Shegoths and Zebesians in some sort of defense game, IIRC.

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes: A welcome surprise for the Legend of Zelda franchise. It feels like a deeper version of Four Swords Adventures with A Link Between Worlds all over. The costumes are a nice touch that adds a roleplaying element. I guess this doesn't woo me over considering I'm largely apathetic to Zelda (except for Zelda U, because that looks like a potentially prolithic game with OoT levels of importance. Don't disappoint me, Aonuma!)

Hyrule Warriors Legends: And thus the leak rears its ugly head! Nothing of interest here. The original Hyrule Warriors was nothing more than a repetitive button-mashy animation reel to me. Sure others will eat this up though.

Yoshi's Woolly World: We already knew a great sum of information on this coming into E3. Nothing besides an amiibo skin or two was the only new content revealed. It's just there to tell the Developer Story. While I'm not planning to buy this game, it does look like a very charming, relaxing platformer with more depth and cute craft visuals than Kirby's Epic Yarn ever was.

Fire Emblem Fates: Yet another title I knew much about going into E3, which happens to have preemptively been locked down for my eventual purchase. The English voices actually sound very dramatic and convincing! Love to see the localization process is well under way! Official title just cements things further!

Fire Emblem Fates looks to take everything Awakening introduced and expand on it to the point of shaming the first title. The story returns to the grey-on-grey mortality of past Fire Emblem games and present the binary moral choices for both sides in heartwrenching, decisive ways. It just gets me exciting anticipating how wide the story progression on both paths will be! Perhaps we'll see people trying to etch along every single story choice through replay after replay! Oh, and My Castle adding new depth to your army resourcefully and immersively! Now we just gotta see more Waifu/Husbando Cheek Carressing Cuddle Tryst Simulator 2015 S+ and confirm marriages are actually a thing and we're set to go! The Fire Emblem Smash amiibo could be shown off more as well, especially with Roy on the way.

Let's see what survived and got butchered by the localization process! Kamui is now Corrin, which is a suitably unisex name. How do you get Xander out of Marx- oh, pardon me, Makusu! Welp, at least it's a more distinctive name. Suzukaze cut the Suzu- from his name for some elusive reason. Rinkah has an extra H dropped at the end of her name for some reason. Cyrus is now Silas. Harold is now Arthur. Joker has been named to Jacob, thank the gods! That was the only name I hoped they localized since it fit his design and character horribly. Also means I won't have to confuse another Batman character for a Fire Emblem character, thanks Robin! Looks like the majority of the Hoshido names are remaining identical to the Japanese version, which is a plus for authenticity. I expect a full overhaul on Benoit's name so we don't have to think about a certain professional wrestler!

Genei Ibun Roku #FE: I see you're trying to get Fire Emblem's abbreviation trending on Twitter, eh? Yeah, no thanks, Atlus. You can't just whittle away the roots and personalities of both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem and lather them in a pastel candy coating of J-pop fop! Not even Persona 4 went full ****ing weaboo like this! Thankfully, the Treehouse presentation was able to clarify the intransferable story details and gameplay details. Still doesn't sell me. I'll only be perched on the sidelines for titillating bits of designated Little Miss Fanservice, Tsubasa, because I'm a dense *******.

I don't think this is even a crossover anymore. It hasn't been since the second trailer. The gameplay is just so radically different at this point and the only characters who are crossing over are either decorative elements or reduced to hallow allusions of the series characters In Name Only. Tiki's the only one who is authentically herself.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: This will make an engrossing new companion game to my New Leaf experience! As if the interior designing bliss wasn't enough of a sell, a whole new layer of depth with exterior design, an overworld town map and opening up public facilities makes this perhaps the closest thing we'll see to a true Animal Crossing sequel!

The villagers have always been my favorite aspect of Animal Crossing. It appears that we'll be getting a preset number of villagers to start the game with in addition to the amiibo cards. Ah, it's like the resurgence of the ill-fated e-Reader Animal Crossing cards. Never got into those. But these cards are going to be my new favorite collectible! Just buy a fresh pack every month or two and watch your town gradually grow! I swear, Nintendo better be preparing a healthy stock of these with the lessons learned from the Smash amiibo scalping that has plagued the brand. No one's gonna hold my resident hostage! That's only my authority!

Lottie is a welcome addition to the main cast. Looks like she'll bring oodles of cuteness with her and I can't wait to experience her personality more. Whether or not she can top our Supreme Chancellor Isabelle in the adorable department remains to be seen. Still banking on Isabelle!

I can understand why many people are disappointed or even perturbed with this game's focus. Animal Crossing has a very subjective appeal to it that some people don't understand until they play the game after a while. It's a very commitment heavy game. It's a place where you can kick back and relax while building up a finely-crafted sanctuary at the same time. The whole amiibo card tie in makes this worse, in that you'd have to belong in my category to really catch the draft of hype they bring. Overall, this game just could use more love than it's been getting. It's clearly got much more than a pick-up-n-play F2P title its been assumed to be.

Animal Crossing amiibo Festival: As a diehard Animal crossing fan, this announcement cannot revoke the buzzkill it brought Over these past few weeks, speculation has been rife that we'd be practically guaranteed an Animal Crossing for the Wii U. Not to mention it's been highly-anticipated since New Leaf and expected ever since the Wii U was announced.

Right after Happy Home Designer's spot waned, they mentioned another Animal Crossing announcement. I gasp as I see the Nintendo logo phase in. I see the polished, HD train station entrance opened up as Isabelle canters out to greet Tom Nook, K.K. Slider, and Mabel. Some very conspicuous tiles with cat emote and Bells bag icons deck the lower screen. It takes me a few seconds to realize that this is just another Mario Party & Fortune Street reskin to serve no more than an amiibo tie-in for the new Animal Crossing line. Dread swims around in my guts as I watch for this menial boardgame to conclude.

Seriously, were Animal Crossing amiibo even necessary to produce if this is the only game they were meant for!? You don't even need to waste resources on a video game to tie this concept together! It's astounding that Nintendo thought that a one-off party game like this was worthy of an E3 announcement when we clearly were entering territory reserved for bombshell announcements!

Higuchi, you've been teasing this so long that the payoff seems to result in naught at this point! Happy Home Designer makes me think they aren't willing to try to make a damn good console Animal Crossing in the dusk of City Folk. They have everything going for them, but it appears like it'll never happen. I guess we'll have to look towards the NX unless you want to knock my socks off later on in the Wii U lineup.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Along with Fire Emblem Fates, this was the other previously-announced JRPG that was mandatory to attend E3. The English voice cast and localization looks well underway, and we can now secure it under a Holiday release! Hopefully you'll use all the time before to make this ambitious open world MMORPG have the greatest impact!

Really, I'm just glad that Xenoblade Chronicles fans can now rejoice with the release date. I personally don't like MMORPGs because they require constant commitment and you can never quite keep up with the expanse of the world and the progression of fellow players. But for those who are looking forward to it are going to be in for one of the most robust online experience Nintendo has ever offered.

Yokai Watch: Geragerapo! Geeeragerapo!

I've been aware of Yokai Watch and its cultural impact since late 2012. We've already had the localization plans detailed. Now it's finally time for our first look into this peculiar hit game! The automatic triple battle system and roulette wheel looks like it'll be a nice twist on typical RPG formulas.

While I can't see myself purchasing it on launch, I'll definitely keep an eye on this franchise and maybe even buy the game later on. This franchise has potential.

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam: What do you get when you take the demand for a new Paper Mario and the demand for a new Mario & Luigi? Why the most godsdamn efficient subseries crossover!

I'm sure a lot of fans of the Mario RPGs will be excited for this, especially with a better incorporation of Paper Mario than Sticker Star. I never got into either series myself, but the game looked to have some very unique gameplay blends between the two styles. Also, giant papercraft Mario mech!

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash: Eh, what else is there to say about this? Just another Mario sports spinoff perpetuating itself on its next missing console. The gameplay looked very bare bones and the Mega Mushroom gimmick doesn't look all that interesting. This game needs more time to incubate before we can give it a proper assessment.

I just want a new Mario spinoff that can go on par with Kart. Why not revive the Mario Spikers project? Give us another Strikers? Explore parkour, lacrosse, American football, triathlon, etc? Fuse two sports together or fuse a sport with a unique gameplay type?

Super Mario Maker: Super Mario Maker is one of those games that feels way too novel to really get hyped about. I mean, it's going to be a robust creation tool for aspiring game designers like myself. But Nintendo seems to be really pushing it hard, when I feel like it will only stimulate a select group of people. Yeah, I won't be surprised if this game doesn't perform on their expectations.

Otherwise, the possibilities for some very creative courses are there! I'm really loving the online sharing system for use of playtesting and statistics. I wonder if you will be able to unlock parts to use in levels editors through continued success through your levels. The amiibo support is also a great surprise, if only cosmetic. Now, can we get a Super Kaizo World 2 going on here?

Let's Super Mario: I see a lot of people dislike how this was used to end the conference. While it was a bit of a weak note to end a stream worth of new games, I wasn't that bothered by it. Nintendo's one to break molds, so why not use this segway from Super Mario Maker to highlight a collaborative community effort for Mario's 30th Anniversary? Let alone one where Nintendo donates to a charitable cause? C'mon guys, just listen to how Reggie described this monumental milestone for Mario. It's not about overloading us with hype. This is the passionate homage to a video game character who lives in our hearts and minds.

Now, I understand that we don't have nearly any details on this Let's Super Mario website, but if you aren't some sort of content creator, I can't blame you for this not at least piquing your curiosity. For now, we can wait for more news to come out of it and perhaps I'll contribute a video utilizing my creative talents. Just gotta keep my word on that or I'll be no different than those of you who were disappointed.

It's easier to make people smile than to make yourself look cool.

Other E3 Conferences - Abstain (Indifference)

I'm going to gloss over some deets I found notable for these. I only watch Nintendo's conferences to full length, so the least I get from the other companies are news snippets or a couple minutes dropping into stream. But I digress.

EA: Not gonna bother. Just how are these ****ers managing to stay alive? Games for the businessman and the tactless gamer.

Ubisoft: Heard it was shooters, dancing wagglefests, and a pinch of Assassin's Creed. Yeah, won't delve into this one either. Wonder what sleazy **** they must've outlined.

Bethesda: For their first show, they really went in with a huge bang. Fallout 4 looks the least bit interesting to me and I actually don't find Bethseda games very appealing. Guess all my friends shoving Fallout 3 and Skyrim in my face didn't help me ease into these foreign, complex worlds. The modification system for weapons and armor is some of the best player-driven avatar customization I've witnessed. Very different from the "base model character" approach we Nintendo fans are used to *cough*RobinNCross*cough*. The setting of Boston also gets me excited, which comes naturally as a homegrown Massachusetts resident. Boston's a city I have intimate memories and connections with and I always felt as if the city's always been undervalued despite being quintessential to American history and culture. Props to you, Bethesda! Go wild with all our landmarks and municipalities! Oh, and Doom 4 looks brutalful, I guess.

Microsoft: I heard they got a strong 1st party showing... for their fans. briefly saw Halo 5, which looked like nothing out of the ordinary for the series. Gears of War 4 and a new Fable are things too. Heard Banjo-Kazooie was given the push to shove for some Sea of Thieves bullocks. Cue JonTron's Conker in Project Spark reaction! Apparently Tomb Raider brings a mudda****in' bear, son! Not sure what this HoloLens jibjab is all about. Suppose I'll check it out another time, because VR looks to be one of those features that is being pushed hard, but could remain a fad taken for granted.

Sony: Stole the show this year, hands down. The Trifecka of Hype! The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VI Remake, Shemue 3! Looks like they know what there fans want and they brought them the goods with an extra helping of fun along the entire conference. Apparently Nier 2 is a big thing as well. Strange, judging from gameplay footage and commentary, the first one looks like some sort of artsy mess of conflicting gameplay styles. We got some new details on new system mechanics and changes for how Street Fighter V. Can't wait to see that at CEO! No mention of Persona V or Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. May have to check again. Overall, I can say that I might actually want to buy a PS4 now. The software lineup looks like it will negate the value of owning more hardware. Nintendo just gets too comfy for me some times, y'know?

Square Enix: Didja see that "E3 Hype" video? Bluurgh! Why would you even make that cringey mess when you have nothing substantial to tease and tried too hard to be funny!? Anyways, looks like JRPG fans should be tied over with Kingdom Hearts 3 (HNNNNG, THE GAMEPLAY) and Star Ocean VI, amongst other titles. Hitman sounds like it has a very creative approach to stealth. Dubious if it sounds as good as it does in oration, because those games don't seem like they'd appeal to me.

PC Gaming Show: Uh, did this even go on yet? Not gonna bother.

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers
Chance:1% They could not work on the 3Ds and WiiU and/or N3Ds exclusive characters I can't see happening.
Want:100% The should never have left, hopefully they come back to smash 5.
SoPo Want: 1% Keep them as a duo since thats the point of their character.

Tetra
Chance: 35% WW seems to keep getting some love, and all of her competion sans Impa has been subdued in some form.
Want: 70% I want either her or Vaati for "toon" game love as wells as awesome moveset potential.

Andy (Advance wars) x15

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Ice Climbers
Chance: 32%
As I mentioned the first time, their chances rely on Sakurai being able to make them work. If he can, there's still a decent chance we could see them back as DLC. The reason I'm rating them lower than I did on their day is because after getting Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy, I can't help but feel that DLC veterans might start winding down. I have a suspicion that Wolf is possibly the last DLC veteran we'll get. I guess we can't really know what's going on behind the scenes though. I'll give the ice climbing duo a 32% chance, which is a 10% drop from my original score.
The question is how many more veterans are we going to see as DLC from here on out...

In case you were curious of my original rating...
This is basically a matter of whether or not Sakurai and his team can get them working on the 3DS, and also if they're willing to take that time to do so. I imagine they're on Sakurai's mind if anything since we seem to be getting a lot of vets back as DLC, but he also might wait to possibly bring them back in Smash 5. It's difficult to rate accordingly because we don't know the whole picture, but I think it's safe to say that they have a shot. I'll give the ice climbing duo a modest 42% chance likelihood.
Only time will tell when it comes to these little guys...

Want: 60%
This is the same score I gave them the first time around. They were never characters I played too often, so their exclusion doesn't really affect me. I wouldn't mind seeing them come back for their fans.

Tetra
Chance: 36%
I wrote a pretty long argument for this character the first time around. Being in Hyrule Warriors definitely improves her chances, but only because it will make her a more plausible Smash Ballot pick. I mentioned in my original rating that I don't think HW content would get represented in Smash, and I still hold true to that statement; although, before her inclusion in HW I didn't really feel that her chances of being a character picked from the Ballot were that great, but now she'll be more recognizable to the general audience and she'll receive a boost in Ballot support. I'll give Zelda the pirate a score of 36%, which is 12% greater than my original rating.
A character who I believed only had an okay shot before has a pretty decent shot now...

Click the spoiler tag if you want to read my original rating and see why I feel she's a good candidate...

I know a lot of people are going to dismiss this character, one reason being she's not discussed too often as a few people have mentioned in their predictions. However, since I was the first to nominate this character, I do have a couple things to say. While her chances realistically aren't that great, I personally think she has a better shot than Impa does. One major reason is the fact that Wind Waker HD is on the Wii U, AKA an actual Zelda game. It would make more sense to pull inspiration from that title if they wanted to create DLC to represent the Zelda franchise since Wind Waker kind of got shafted in this Smash installment (most likely due to Smash being in development before WWHD).

They excluded the Pirate Ship stage which they could easily just bring back as DLC (or even create a new WW stage) along with a WW character to represent one of the latest 3D console Zelda titles. Of course this is if Sakurai and the developers are thinking about adding a DLC Zelda character. With Zelda Wii U seemingly over a year away, it would make the most sense to look to Wind Waker for something to add to the Zelda franchise DLC wise. I never believed before Smash 4 released that Hyrule Warriors content would be represented, and I still don't. It wouldn't make any sense to pull from a spinoff that hardly plays like a Zelda game if the devs wanted to add Zelda content, so I'm not factoring in HW for possible DLC anything.

A common argument against her inclusion I often hear is that Sakurai wouldn't add a third Zelda, but we almost had four in Brawl so I don't think it's of any concern to him. I don't understand why some people care so much anyway; Tetra is nothing like Sheik who's nothing like Zelda herself. She would inevitably be a unique character, so what's the issue? She would easily be able to broadly represent the Zelda franchise due to being a completely different variation of the title character. Whatever way I look at it, she just makes sense to me as a character Sakurai might consider to make playable for the Zelda series; although, I'll stress again only if he's thinking about adding a Zelda character. If Sakurai is in fact considering creating a playable Zelda character for DLC, I think Tetra has a better chance than most people will give her credit for. I'll give Zelda the pirate a score of 24%.
If we get a Zelda character for DLC, she's a possibility...

One of my top, if not my no.1, most wanted characters. I think she would bring a cool move set and a lot of personality to the roster. Wind Waker being my favorite Zelda game might also have something to do with it.

Prediction -
Alpha Stages: 7.1%

Nominations:
x10 !Rerate: Inklings
x5 Tails the Fox

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers
Chance:1% They could not work on the 3Ds and WiiU and/or N3Ds exclusive characters I can't see happening.
Want:100% The should never have left, hopefully they come back to smash 5.
SoPo Want: 1% Keep them as a duo since thats the point of their character.

Tetra
Chance: 35% WW seems to keep getting some love, and all of her competion sans Impa has been subdued in some form.
Want: 70% I want either her or Vaati for "toon" game love as wells as awesome moveset potential.

Andy (Advance wars) x15

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ice Climbers Rerate:
Original chance score: 25%
Original want score: 40%
I don't think I'll change my stance on the Ice Climbers - I'm not so sure if they'll make it as DLC, and it would be nice to see them again, but if it comes at a cost that damages what they are as the Ice Climbers in Smash... I'll just leave them the same. No change.

Tetra Rerate:
Original chance: 19%
Original want score: 46%
So she's gotten an appearance in Hyrule Warriors 3DS alongside the King of Red Lions! Neat - Maybe once I've played as her I'll get a better understanding of her as a playable character.
New chance: 27%
Relevance is always a good booster for Smash Bros, and I think the new game might help her out. She's also got the sail of Wind Waker HD, I'll give her that - or she could be the enigmatic Toon Sheik from Brawl and they decided to re-implement her like they did with Roy.
Want: 57%
Indifferent until her confirmation.

Nominations: Sylux X15 That's for you, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A !

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Ice Climbers Chance: 16%
We wouldn't be happy with their inclusion if they didn't behave like in Brawl or Melee, and that's impossible to pull off in the 3DS version.
Want: 54%
I don't object to the return of the Ice Climbers, but I feel that the time spent optimising them for 3DS would be better spent designing a newcomer.

Tetra Chance: 49%
Tetra wouldn't work as a clone of any existing character, and her moveset would be difficult to design considering her scarce appearances in existing Zelda titles. Toon Zelda, on the other hand, could very well work as a Zelda clone.
Want: 70%
She'd probably be a lot of fun to play.

Alpha Stage prediction: 37%

Votes:
10x Crash Bandicoot
4x Mallo
1x Party Phil (Wii Party)

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Huh. I totally missed the "Let's Super Mario" part. I thought the Mario Maker is the end xD

Anyway, not trying to bring any hate, but I feel like this is the reactions of E3 in different threads:
This thread:
"This Year's E3 is just boring"
"I'm only interested in (insert 1-3 games excluding Wooly World, Mario Maker)"
"Star Fox Zero was like the only good part"​
Wolf Support Thread:
"Wolf isn't announced with the new Star Fox game... I guess we have to wait for August then"
"This Year's E3 is just boring, at least they've got Star Fox Zero tho"
"Star Fox Zero looks cool to me, just that it's graphics are a bit creepy. Just look at Fox!"​
Krystal Support Thread:
"No Krystal in the game? ;( I guess all chances are out then..."
"Look how lame this game is, why do they have to restart the story anyway? Let's hope for it's downfall and protest about it until Nintendo takes it back!"
"Calm down people, she might just appear in a different wa-"
"WTF WHY NO KRYSTAL WHY WHY WHY DEVELOPERS LISTEN TO THE MINORITY WHO LOVED 64 THIS IS BULLSH*T AAAAA"​

Seriously. I find SF0 have very diverse opinion between the two support threads. There's clearly a bias :S

Okay, back to rating:

Ice Climber
Chance 20%:
I dunno, won't try to comment about the possibility of implementing them, but having it New 3DS / Wii U exclusive is definitely not a solution. Sakurai claimed that he wants the characters to be the same in all versions, so the original 3DS is not an exception.

It all depends on the demand imo. Somehow I don't find Ice Climbers supports too active for now, so it's hard to say.
Want 70%:
No special feelings, but would of course want all veterans return, especially when there's no real (brokenness, reputation) issues about them (aside from wobbling ofc)

Tetra
Chance 16%:
Still don't know about the overrepresentation issues, but if anything (She's not a cut vet with big fanbase), there will at most be 1 more Zelda rep, and that must be really special to stand out. I'd say, there are still more choices. Also for how I seldom see Tetra supports anywhere.

Want 50%:
No feelings.

Ice Climber:
Chance 16% -- They do have a difficulty, but it's possible to fix.
Want 100% -- Would want a game where all past character return
Tetra:
Chance 5% -- Too many (or Enough) Zelda reps already
Want: 50% ("or lower") -- Same as above

Alpha stage Prediction 20%:
Since the Japanese community rely most on Flat (FD-ized) stages and Battlefield, there is a possibility that this concept will get support from both communities. Just saying.

Nomination:
Slippy Toad x15

Troykv

Smash Master
Ice Climbers...

Their odds are really particular... Needs more time than other Vets... And get officialy "deconfirmed"... So... Maybe, but the chance isn't good this time.

Want: 50%

I'm ok with them.

Tetra

Chance: 25%

The hype train will help her now... But still doesn't have the best chances.

I don't have strong feels

Prediction: Alpha Stages

Chance: 18%

Nominations:

Rerate! Inkling x5
Rerate! Snake x10

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I will fill in reasoning later:
Ice Climbers Chances - 15%
Want - 65%

Tetra Chances - 9%
Want - 25%

Nominate -
Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness) x15

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Ice Climbers

Chance: 50%
Its 50/50 for them

I don't exactly have good memories from going up against them, nor could I master them, but they are veterans.
Tetra

Chance: 25%
There's still Impa she has to worry about.

Want: 1%
Never played Wind Waker

Predictions: Alpha stages 30%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ice climber chances - 39.5% - Yeah, thinking 50-50 way too much for them. It all comes down to motivation and ability. If they can do it, and they have the motivation, they will. But previous failures will make it much harder for them to succeed.

Want - 100% - An understandable cut, but one that still hurt. I still think they should be in.

Tetra chance - 12% - A mere half a percent higher. Hyrule Warriors may give give her a bit of attention, but I don't think it will affect her much overall.

Want - 87.75% - Still my Legend of Zelda choice.

Alpha Stages Prediction - 13.12% - Popular idea maybe, but seems a bit to far out of thought.

Nominations
Karate Joe X5
Secondary Ballot X10

An explanation: this ballot is a "primary," when everyone is technically qualified. At some point down the road, we will get a list of characters who were popular and the team is willing to work on, and we vote for the winner then.

Ice Climbers
Chance: 7% (I'm pessimistic, 3DS problem is a big obstacle)

Tetra
Chance: 12% (higher than ICs because no technical difficulties and she was planned in Brawl, but that doesn't change the fact that she's one-time character and another alter-ego of Zelda)
Want: 0% (I'd rather have Impa)

Alpha stages prediction: 19%

Nominations: Gengar 15x

EDIT: Lowered IC's chance rating a bit.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers:

Chance: 30%
They could just remove Nana's AI inorder to make them more like Rosilina and Luma. It honestly depends how much their fans really want the in.

Tetra:

Shs's a Zelda character, and people prefer her over Toon Zelda.

What's this? A Zelda character? And One with a potential original moveset?! Yes please.

Nominations:
Sora x10
Hades x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It seems almost like yesterday we started this up again, and now we're already on to rerates. How time flies, huh? So let's take another look at these two...er, three...

--

Ice Climbers

Chance: 20% -> 20%
The Climbers themselves haven't changed, but the surrounding context has a little. We've seen two more characters revealed, with Roy in particular brought back specifically because of high demand despite being yet another character derived from Marth. If enough support was there, could Popo and Nana overcome the technical limitations that made them sit out originally?

There're two things in play here. For one, fan support isn't always a miracle cure. While it may have helped Roy overcome his lack of relevance and give Sakurai reason to ignore the whole "there's already a Marth clone" thing, we don't know if they'd even be willing to revisit the problems that held the Ice Climbers back. And even then...
...but doing so would be a time investment with an uncertain outcome. If they pulled it off, it'd be a success...but if they couldn't, they'd have a lot of wasted time on their hands with nothing to show for it. With development schedules as tight as they are, it could be too big of a blow for them to risk.
It may not even feel worth it to them to try any more, now that their team is smaller than the one that couldn't figure it out originally and since they have so many other options.

Even if they might revisit the Ice Climbers if enough support was there...their support has fallen back a ways recently. For whatever reason, they don't seem to be packing the same punch they had back in April. And considering Roy had a following that bordered on religious...it really makes you wonder what chance they have.

Want: 20% -> 20%
I haven't gotten any more interested in them. They still feel like a relic that never worked quite right. I suppose it also bugs me, the way some of their supporters act like they'll get special treatment somehow, saying they'll be exclusive to the Wii U version (Which wouldn't get around the 8-Player Smash problem!) or restricted to New 3DS users, despite how it goes against Sakurai's design philosophy. And the latest idea, simplifying Nana's AI to the level of Luma, would make it so she couldn't properly function like the second half of the Ice Climbers. It wouldn't feel as true to character.
...and we've seen Sakurai's worry of not being true to character be a big problem before.
Let them rest for now. They'll probably be back for Smash 5. Give some other characters time in the spotlight that might not otherwise have a chance.

Tetra

Chance: 17.5%
-> 25%
How's that for a shot in the arm? A Hyrule Warriors port for the 3DS, with Tetra in tow and brandishing a cutlass and pistol! A new appearance that'll inevitably raise her moveset potential is just what she needed! Depending on how her support spreads, she could reach flavor-of-the-month status shortly.

...However, there's still a lot that rides on questions we don't have the answer to. Hyrule Warriors Legends won't be out until next winter...and the Smash Ballot ends in four months. Tetra would have to ride support based on a game that wouldn't even be out yet to get a chance. Furthermore, we still don't know how willing the dev team will be to pull moveset ideas from ambiguously canon spinoff games, a question that also affects Impa.

The door just opened for her...but it remains to be seen if she'll be able to get her foot in before she runs out of time.

Want: 37.5% -> 40%
Like (probably) most of us, Hyrule Warriors Legends got me a little more interested in her. She still has some questions regarding the full extent of her moveset, though.

Prediction for the Concept of Alpha-Form Stages: 18.75%

With the big Smash presentation seemingly out of the way, it remains to be seen if they'll announce anything this major later on.

Nominations: Absol x15!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers chances 1.65%
Quoting myself from my previous rating:
Unfortunately I'm not optimistic about the Ice Climbers at all. I have no doubt Sakurai is aware of the backlash coming from the Smash community when we figured they were cut, and he would like to put them back in the game. However, with Lucas being confirmed as the first DLC character besides Mewtwo, and files of other characters being found in the DLC data dump, I have a feeling Sakurai just moved on and didn't want to work on them considering the risk he could take by spending time and money to make them properly work on the 3DS without too much sacrifice; if they "had the time to find a way to fix the issue" I think it would already have been solved. And if they can't find a way to make them work on the regular 3DS, I don't see them being sold as a system exclusive either considering the regular 3DS install base is the biggest one by a fair margin, which would mean less sales and as such less benefits.

That said, maybe I'll be proven wrong and they're currently being worked on, then they'll be officially revealed... at worst I think they'll come back in the next gen Smash considering how much Sakurai seems to care about cut characters.
My opinion pretty much didn't change since the last rating.

Ice Climbers want: 40%
Not a character I really want back badly, but with so many cut characters returning and the seemingly high amount of DLC characters we're going to get I admit it actually makes me realize it's a great thing to happen for Smash and kind of makes me want to get more cut characters back (except for Pichu and Young Link, "faut pas déconner" as we say in French) whereas I originally cared only about Mewtwo (and Wolf to an extent). For example Squirtle and Ivysaur (or maybe an evolution into Venusaur for the later) are now relatively high in my want list whereas I barely cared about them originally. However with the Ice Climbers there would probably be too much trouble and sacrifice to do for them such as limiting their usability (such as preventing more than one or two to be used in a single fight, rework Nana's AI, making them version exclusive, etc.) and since I don't have strong attachment to them from previous titles I'm fine with them excluded due to technical issues. I'm salty and unforgiving about DLC characters lacking custom moves in the first place (at least I won't forgive it until we get official words from Nintendo or Sakurai about why they were skipped), and I don't want even more sacrifices for a single character. It would be great however to see them come back in SSB5, preferably in the initial roster rather than DLC.

Tetra chances: abstain
I still don't have an opinion about her chances.

Tetra want: 32%
Remember my rant in my Toon Zelda rating where I said she would be a redundant and boring addition to the roster? Some of these issues actually apply for Tetra as well (quoting myself, "Toon Link already already representing the Toon artstyle in the Zelda universe and Sheik already being an alternate Zelda" tfw I realize I accidentally wrote the same word twice). However, Tetra is at least visually unique from Zelda, she's not just the same character in a different art style, and her moveset would probably consist of things Zelda would never do anyway. Redundancy isn't much of an issue for her, at least not to the same extent as Toon Zelda. I'm not particularly interested in her for now, but I don't think it would be a boring addition if done well.

Battlefield form stages prediction: 16.99%
I feel like there are too many "ifs" and unanswered questions about this concept.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x13
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Inkling x2

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers
3DS limitations aren't as bad as they seem.

They're vets, they're cute, and their ice attacks are cool.

Tetra
Chance: 15%
I wanna say that giving a pirate a flintlock isn't as big as a step as giving a ninja/bodyguard a giant water-driven Biggoron blade and a fire-driven Naginata.

Impa got a complete overhaul in design, weaponry and role, whereas Tetra just got her trope fleshed-out.
Heck, I bet that even if Hyrule Warriors didn't give her a flintlock, Sakurai would still have given her one for Smash.

Even if the ballot stops in October, development doesn't.
Sakurai could easily see her potential by looking at Warriors and add her as surprise newcomer.

But her flintlock is only the beginning of her Jet Boots-type (pulled out of Lucas' home) potential.
Whereas I don't think Tetra would use items like the Deku Leaf, items that fit the character (Bombs and Grappling Hooks for the most part) could be used to completely flesh out the pirate trope.

Mechanics like the Parry and the stealing of items can also be used by Tetra.

Then there are the things that aren't even in Wind Waker for her to use.
Cannonballs, Treasure Chests and planks can be added as part of her moveset.

Tetra can be the pirate to Sheik's ninja.
Except Sheik is a very bad ninja.

Nominations: Nabbit x15

The Thief to Sheik's Ninja.
Except Sheik is a very bad ninja.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Ice Climbers

My Original rating:
Chance: 70%

While the 3DS was a major issue for them, we still don't know the full story. They outright stated they eventually gave up and they still had other parts of the game to work on. The Ice Climbers are more than possible with enough time and the right modifications. Also, there is no solid evidence that they can't be implemented in the Wii U version. All talk about that is pure speculation. Without a strict deadline to meet, and Sakurai's ambitions to please his fans, DLC is certainly more in their favor than adding them to the vanilla product was. If you're planning on voting for Ice Climbers or really want them back in, but you're still skeptical on the possibility, please don't hesitate to vote for them if you want to. No vote is a wasted vote. Every vote matters.

During the time of Smash 4 speculation, I wanted Mewtwo to be back more than any other character. I went with the mindset that all my current mains were safe. It was the most devastating thing when I found out that the Ice Climbers were cut and why. Because of the inferior version having difficulty getting them to work and in return punished the perfectly viable console version. Now that Mewtwo is finally back, the Ice Climbers are now the character I want to be back more than any other. If I can't get their traditional playstyle, I will be perfectly willing to get them back where they either lose the ability to desynch, have a spawn/despawn mechanic, or solo Ice Climber with a revamped moveset (I'm not 100% against SoPo, nor am I 100% for it. But I can still accept it IF it were a last LAST resort). Who knows? Maybe Sakurai will surprise us with a Sopo that we never could've imagined. But I still firmly believe that they can come back as a duo still. If Sakurai EVER changes his mind on identical rosters, I think an exception can be made with Wii U exclusive Ice Climbers. That said, I have faith that Sakurai and his team are capable and willing to give us what we desire, and we need our voices to be heard now more than ever. While many people have given up already, I haven't. Smash is my passion and I will strive for what I believe in.
Chance: 70%

Yes, I'm still sticking to my bold 70% rating. No, I'm not giving them this rating just to bump up their calculated averages. I'm including all possible variables into their chances because there are different ways for them to be handled. I will talk about those alternate routes separately. I stand by everything that @ FancySmash FancySmash explained on page 160. Numerous Ice Climbers supporters have collectively researched and analyzed the possibilities as shown on that post and the Ice Climbers DLC support thread http://smashboards.com/threads/brea...discussion-thread-under-new-ownership.324176/. I believe that it's possible that the issues with the 3DS version can be remedied in some way if given enough time, 8-Player Smash is not a valid argument unless given official confirmation, and players would be assured that they would be properly balanced before release. On an additional note regarding 8-Player Smash, a mode that big would've had to have progress made on it during very early development most likely. Sakurai stated that they worked fine on the Wii U version, which should mean that they were in a well functioning state and were tested on all modes of the game to get the thumbs up for that version. It's abundantly clear that Sakurai was trying to give us the Ice Climbers with the exact same playstyle we're familiar with. That same playstyle did not transfer onto the 3DS version as well as they hoped. When it comes to game development, priority makes or breaks content intended to be put into a game when given a strict deadline and schedule. The biggest things in games must be seen as major selling points first and foremost or else they're more likely to get scrapped. Seeing that the Ice Climbers are a veteran character, and come from an old franchise not very well known and unlikely to ever get a new game, they were taken for granted and pushed further into the back burner. Their low priority was emphasized as a reason to why they were cut in development, not just because of the 3DS. If necessary, the team can modify the Ice Climbers to get them working. I also believe that it would be too confusing for both the developers and consumers for them to be New 3DS exclusive. I believe that the chances for the Ice Climbers would be higher if Sakurai would be willing to make just one exception and have them be Wii U exclusive. Here is the order of what I believe is a potential way they can be modified through process of elimination:
  1. Traditional Ice Climbers on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
  2. Two Ice Climbers with a single skeleton type structure without the ability to desynch or sepatate (Wii U and 3DS)
  3. Traditional Ice Climbers Wii U exclusive and their amiibo will only be compatible with the Wii U version
  4. One Ice Climber on screen where the second climber spawns/despawns during certain moves (Wii U and 3DS)
  5. Traditional/modified Ice Climbers as Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS exclusives
  6. Solo Ice Climber with buffed moves and Nana and Popo are alternate skins of each other (Wii U and 3DS)
  • Dishonorable Mention: No Ice Climbers at all

What more can I say that I haven't said already? The Ice Climbers have been a major part of my life and a major part of me as a gamer. Seeing a two time veteran suddenly disappear and still not come back despite massive fan support and additional time would be devastating beyond words. I stand by everything I said before and now, I stand by what my fellow Ice Climbers supporters have said, and I will never stop believing! I will never give up!

Tetra

Chance: 40%

She's not an assist trophy, so that's one advantage. Since there are no new Zelda newcomers in Smash 4, it's an outstanding opportunity for someone to fill that void. Not sure where Tetra stands among other Zelda characters in comparison, but I think those two key elements are in her favor.

I'd be fine with Tetra as a newcomer. Then again, I'd be fine with just about any Zelda newcomer. So it's 50/50 for me.

Alpha Stages prediction: 5%

Nominations: *Concept: This is the last Smash game x15

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Ice Climbers:
Chance: 5%
I dont see the technical limitations of the 3DS changing any time soon. Unless it becomes Ice Climber, I dont think we will see them.
Why not?

Tetra: 25%
One of the more likely Zelda options, but I dont see it.
She's a great character from a fun game.

Nominations:
Slime (Dragon Quest) x15

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tetra getting better ratings than Impa despite her being DLC and Impa was on both versions of Hyrule Warriors. :rolleyes:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sorry, why are we re-rating Ice Climbers? Has something happened to change their chances that I missed?

I get Tetra now she's appearing in Hyrule Warriors, but did I miss an Ice Climbers game or a hardware improvement?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Sorry, why are we re-rating Ice Climbers? Has something happened to change their chances that I missed?

I get Tetra now she's appearing in Hyrule Warriors, but did I miss an Ice Climbers game or a hardware improvement?
As they were perceived to have higher scores than what some may have thought may be to high for them, we're doing a re-rate. This is a revaluation of the 'overrated' and 'underrated' characters. Though sadly, we still haven't gotten our new Ice Climbers game yet... :(
Dag nabbit, I've been:4greninja:'d!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ICE CLIMBERS:
CHANCE: 10%
Well, I don't think anything has changed since the last rate. The 3DS limitations still exist, a lot of tweaking is necessary to get them working into 8 player Smash. Another point, which I think should me mentioned is that Sakurai actually actually explained their absence, something he had not done for the other cut characters who are trickling back one by one as DLC. I have my hopes low, in any case.

WANT: 95%
Back when I was just an a tiny toddler who grew up watching his mother and uncle play games on the old NES, Super Mario Bros, Ice Climber and Duck Hunt are among the games I most vividly remember, among others. I was unhappy when they were cut.​

TETRA:
CHANCE: 45%
The fact that the Zelda series hasn't seen a proper newcomer since Melee despite how far it has come since then should be enough of a reason to add another Zelda character, I'd say. Impa and Tetra seem to be the top choices, having significant roles in the last few Zelda games, as well as turning up in Zelda Warriors. And with the Toon series getting another game (Triforce Heroes) under its belt, it does make sense to add another character from there.

WANT: 85%
I was dying to see any Toon content in Hyrule Warriors, and Tetra's inclusion was an instant hype raiser. I love the Toon Zelda universe and its aesthetics, so I would wholeheartedly welcome her.
ALPHA STAGES: 4%
With Miiverse and Dream Land added in, I don't think this is going to work.

ASHLEY × 5
TINGLE × 5
WALUIGI × 5

:231:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ice Climbers

Chance: 10%

I'm going that low since there is an explicit, simple reason for their absence. 3DS limitations, no console exclusive characters, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Saving them from the 0% rating is the fact that DLC has done things to surprise us, such as returning Roy as opposed to Wolf, so I'll keep an open mind,

On one hand, cut veteran. On the other, one I don't mind not returning.

Tetra:

Chance/Want: Abstain

I don't know what to say about this one.

Nominations: Sylux x15

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Ice Climbers:
Chance: 15%. The only way I see them coming back is if Sakurai decides to make them Wii U only or he completely changes how they operate. Neither seem likely. They just have cut veteran status going for them.

Want: 50% I mean they're fun.

Tetra:

Chance: Abstain.

Want: 35% I have limited experience with LoZ WW, but she was a cool character from what I remember. Good design, too. Not to mention a little pirate would be fun.

-----
I want to nominate a new concept, "chances we overlook an upcoming DLC character" haha.

x5 Sylux

Ice Climbers
Chance 1%
the 3DS couldnt handle them and Sakurai even explicitely said they were cut. the Wii U can barely handle 8 player smash alone. now put 16 player smash and we have problames (this is partially facetious. no reason to reply to this part)
Sakurai is not going to make SoPo a thing or he would have for the base game. He will not make them N3DS exclusive because he would have made them Wii U exclusive.

want 100% still awesome

(0% as SoPo. horrible idea that ruins the character)

tetra
chance 25%
still has fans and most of the competition is in assist trophy form. Will hopefully get bandwagoning like Impa did after her new Hyrule warriors appearance.

want 90% my personal 2nd choice for a Zelda newcomer after Midna. 3rd is ganon

prediction- 25%

noms
15 ganon

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
How many nominations do we have today? 15?
Yes because we had 3 days of non-character or concept picks

Ice Climbers:

Want: 40%

Tetra:

Nomination:
Medusa x 15

Prediction: Alpha stages (battlefield-like) - 20%

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Now that I've calmed down a bit and watched the Treehouse, I'm starting to think that maybe the Digital Event wasn't that bad, and that I should've given it a 50%.
Then I remember the horrible ending and come to the conclusion that my rating was more than justified.

Ice Climbers (Ice Climbers)
Chance:30% Want:90%
I don't see why these two needs a rerating, I thought it was agreed upon that the return of the Ice Climbers depend on if the 3DS limitations are fixed or not.
As for my want, I'll maintain my feeling that this was the worst cut in all of Smash history(even worse than Mewtwo). An entire IP has been cut. That sucks far worse than one rep being cut from out of many reps of an IP. And I don't even main them, just imagine how their actual fanbase feels.

Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
Chance:15% Want:5%
She's definately one of the more popular characters out there, I'll admit that. But while she looks and moves completely differently, she's still Zelda. That brings negative response to a fair amount of people (though certainly not as bad as Wolf Link or Paper Mario).
Also, one appearance in a spinoff game means nothing. I mean, if Vaati were to appear as a playable character in the new Hyrule Warriors, does that mean he has a better chance of being selected? I don't think so. The only time Tetra gets a better chance score from me is when there's a sequel to Phantom Hourglass that has her as one of the main characters.
As for the huge drop in want...as you can see above, I am a Vaati supporter. He is the only Zelda character I want right now (especially out of the cel-shaded Zeldas), thus making everything else undesired. I do like Tetra as a character, probably my second favorite next to Spirit Zelda, but I don't want her in Smash.

So we have extra nominations? Sweet.
I'll throw in the usual 5 votes for Slime, and then I'll...

Wait, when did Dark Matter ever get 80+ noms? Whatever, I'll throw in my other 10 votes to my favorite eyeball of doom.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ice Climbers
Chance: 10%

Chances are severely limited thanks to the 3DS version. It would be nice to have them back but I wasn't really the biggest fan of them.

Tetra
Want: 90%

Pretty popular and the Zelda series needs another rep, but Impa would probably be the better choice since she's appeared in more games and is more well known. I personally want Tetra over Impa but that's just my opinion.

Nomination: Waluigi (x15)

Laniv

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers (again) :
Sadly, the 3DS stands in their way.

My mains...

Tetra:
Chance: 45%
She's in Hyrule Warriors now, so that boosts her chances slightly.

Want: 25%
I'd prefer Impa.

Nominate Medusa x 15

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers
Chance: 75%
From what I remember, Sakurai said that they didn't have enough time to make Ice Climbers to work before Smash 3DS was released. Well...They have time now. :D

Tetra
She's a character that only appears in one of the main games of the franchise, so I think her being in the new Hyrule Warriors might actually hurt her chances. Plus a lot of people are supporting Impa.

Want: 75% Personally, I would rather have Tetra over some of the other LoZ characters, including Impa.

Nomination:
Style Savvy Rep x15

D

Deleted member

The Smash Direct, the one where almost everything was leaked and kinda predictable, was way more hype than the Digital Event, where very few things were leaked and was predictable...
I'm going to start a petition so that Sakurai will run every Direct now. Clearly he is doing something right.
The Directory has been updated.

Ice Climbers

Let's take a look at what I said:
Ice Climbers

The 5% is in regards to the fact that they are veterans and thus have some demand.
Other than that, they have one key issue: the 3DS. Yes, the developers have more time, but the 3DS is still a major issue. The developers might not be able to implement them despite their best efforts; there would be 8 Ice Climbers max on the 3DS... that might not be good for the system. Not to mention 8-Player Smash, which could be chaotic with 16 Ice Climbers.
People might complain about Sakurai cutting them for having no future, but this argument makes sense in a way. Despite reviving the franchise with Melee and Brawl, they still don't have a new game.
Also, think about Smash as a whole. The series has a lot of modes and a massive roster. If the Ice Climbers took longer than a usual fighter just because of the 3DS, wouldn't cutting them be more worth it than to still create them? Shouldn't the emphasis go towards other characters and modes?
EDIT: I forgot to mention this: Wii U or New 3DS exclusivity. This wouldn't make sense and the idea is ridiculous. Essentially, a 3DS owner will have to pay a lot more just to play the Ice Climbers if they don't have a Wii U or New 3DS. It would also be unfair for those users as they are blocked off from getting one character and Sakurai wants to make the roster the same for bother versions. Having them be available for Wii U only or Wii U and New 3DS will go against this principle.
I think my arguments hold up and I still stand by them.

Want: -200%
Want: 0%
Oh ho boy! Here comes the salt!
I hate the Ice Climbers. I've hated them since Melee.
I hate how they look aesthetically. I think they look pretty damn stupid and boring. Their voices annoy me as well.
I don't like what they bring to Smash. The music is OK, but the stages absolutely suck. The Summit has to be one of my least favorite stages in Brawl.
I've played their game and I absolutely hated it. It has some of the worst and most frustrating controls that I ever had to experience.
I don't like their gimmick. It's not fun to play with and it was pretty frustrating to control.
Lastly, I hate their balance. In Melee, they had a technique called "Wobbling," which was impossible to escape and you had to watch helplessly as your character gets annihilated. In Brawl, they had a zero-to-death chain grab that you couldn't escape as well. Was it fun being the recipient of such techniques? No.
When I heard that they got cut, I was pretty happy about it. Not only did they stick out like sore thumbs to me, but now I don't have to worry about these awful techniques anymore. Could they be rebalanced? Absolutely. Will it be an easy task? No.
Why negatives now?
After much thought... it is wrong of me to say that Young Link would be the worst veteran to bring back.
When I think of characters that I detest on the Smash roster, these guys are the worst offenders.
One of the worst games that I've played, annoying aesthetics, bad stages, broken and unbalanced mechanics... no character has ticked me off this much.
Please, don't bring these guys back. I rather have Pichu and Young Link over these characters. At least Pichu is the pre-evolution to my favorite Pokemon, Pikachu, and Young Link starred in amazing games like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and at least their mechanics aren't annoying and frustrating to this degree (I rather take Pichu's hurt mechanics over the duo mechanic).
There is nothing redeemable about the Ice Climbers. I'm sorry, but I hate these two with a passion.

...Now that the hate has flown through me...
Tetra
Chance:
7%

Tetra
Chance:
7%

I don't think that Tetra has been demanded, at least not as much as Toon Zelda and Ghirahim were. Even then, she isn't the most requested Zelda character to my knowledge.
I wouldn't say that the Forbidden 7 is helpful in this case as we don't know if Toon Sheik is literally a Toon version of Sheik or is code for Tetra. Provided it's the latter, Sakurai could go back to his old ideas and add her...
I'm a bit doubtful on this case.
I just want to add that I don't think that Hyrule Warriors affected her rating. The game doesn't even have representation in Smash! To say she has more of a chance thanks to Hyrule Warriors is like saying that Darunia and Agitha have more of a chance thanks to the game, which they really don't.

Sure! Why not! She would be awesome!
That and I am pretty excited for her appearance in Hyrule Warriors. I just wish that I could buy DLC for it in order to get her rather than spend $30-$50 on a game that I already own and just transfer the data from the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Alpha Stages Prediction: 6.82%
With little hints about it, I'm doubtful.

Nominations: Owain 15x

Top Bottom