• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
K Rool - 75% chance

+Extremely popular and well known in the east and west
+Iconic Nintendo character and villian
+unique design/move set potential across many games utilizing his various costumes
+ DK is under represented in Smash (opinion, but what about RTC isn't...)
+Recent rerelease of DKC Trilogy and DK 64. I think he's going to return in the next DK game, whenever that might be.

-Hasn't been in a new game for a while (If you even count this as a con... I'm meh on it)
Can't really think of many cons... I guess he may not be as well known for newer/casual gamers

Want - 80%
I expected K Rool as a newcomer this time around and was dissapointed to see him excluded. Love the games, love his bizarrely charming and unique personality.

Banjo Kazooie: 17% Predicted chance
I'm a big fan and obviously want the duo but chances are slim. I'm expecting polarizing highs and lows.

Edit: Agnes / Bravely Default rep x5

Last edited:

plrichard

Smash Cadet
King K. Rool:

90% chance (highest I'd give any DLC)
This is a different situation than we've ever had when it comes to the world of Smash. Crazy character choices/snubs because of perceived "bias" by Sakurai can be thrown out the window with this. Unless they decided to release the DLC as a pack rather than individual characters, every character has to be a sure bet. You can't have a character that runs away with the poll but then decide "I just don't really want to make that character." Using the Kroc as an example, let's say he gets #1 on the poll and Dixie gets #15, it'd be completely dumb for them go to with Dixie over K. Rool. Just stupid from a financial standpoint.

Now for Kroc's individual reasons. The main reason I can give is there's literally no downside to adding him.

Likely most guaranteed buys out of all the possible newcomers.
Would only be the 3rd rep for a franchise so no risk of over-saturation.
Announce him alongside a new DKC game with King K. Rool as the villain and you have instant hype for a new game.

Want: 1000000000%
DKC 1-3 are probably some of my favorite games of all time, and DK64 is severely underrated. K. Rool has just always been a hilarious character with such multiple personalities that he's amazing. Plus his moveset potential is practically unlimited.

Banjo-Kazooie:
Chances:35% (boosted slightly by the fact I could see Microsoft almost be willing to pay Nintendo to make it happen)
Want: 80%

PoopFeast420

Smash Cadet
I can see K Rool easily making it. He's popular in the east and west, so +15 for him. Also going to throw in a +5 for Jibanyan since Yokai Watch is massively popular in Japan, and it has been announced for release in the states soon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@WeirdChillFever From here to Tokyo :laugh:

King K.Rool:

Chance: 80%

He's easily the most requested character and profits a lot from the ballot being an actual thing. The lack of a DKC newcomer, which easily could've been Dixie given Tropical Freeze's excistance, and massive outcry for his return are good enough reasons to expect him in. If Nintendo wants money, they'll add him, and hopefully let Retro create a DKC with Kremlings after. If they don't add him now, Sakurai and his ballot are frauds.

Want: 100%

Most wanted character since Diddy's confirmation in Brawl.

Vote:

Impa x 5

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
K. Rool:
Chance: 90%
Popular newcomer from a major franchise. The only way he wouldn't be in is if Nintendo themselves said "No.".

Want: "Eh"(50)%
I'll be perfectly honest here, I'm not a fan. I can see why others love him, but I myself don't really care for him. Though I wouldn't throw out the game because of him.

Nominate:
Teleroboxer x5

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
K Rool: 75%
Seems to be ballot leader
Dk is under rep and it is made known. I think Nintendo has noticed and wouldtake note.
He is unique.
Another heavy weight
Another villain which we need
A popular choice and could make for a great rivalry.
Dk is i a big nintendo franchise and deserves at least three reps.
There really is no reason not to add him.

Banjo: 45%

Microsoft is willing to work with Nintendo for him to be in.
Was an iconic third party and is still liked today
Popular in the ballot.
Another unique character.

Against him:
third party
not as known
Duck hunt uses the move set sakurai imagined for him, just not as much as a full moveset for banjo would be.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool:
Chance: 60%
My rating isn't as high as most here, but that's because I think he would be fighting with Dixie for a spot in the Roster. Of course both could be in, but I find it hard to believe they would put 2 DK newcomers as DLC. Of course, K. Rool has more popularity than Dixie, but she would probably be easy to make and has been in the most recent DK game, while K Rool hasn't been back yet. Overall, I still think he will make it thanks to the absurd numbe of votes people have been giving him since the Ballot began.

Smash seriously needs more villains and more heavy-weights. Also, K Rool is a funny and awesome character with unique design and could be very unique to play as well.

Banjo Predication: 15%

Nominations:
Sceptile x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
King K. Rool

Chance - 45% - I have got to say, we don't know anything about how the ballots are going to affect us, but at the very least he seems to have a big leg up compared to most characters. Being so requested certainly helps, and such a popular character will certainly do well, but I'm just being pessimistic about characters in general. The only thing that stands in his way is practically how many characters their are, and how tight space is.

For reference, until I get something to convince me otherwise, I won't even give anyone expect possibly Wolf O'donnell above 80%.

Want - 75% - Eh. Could be cool, but I'm not a personal fan.

Banjo and Kazooie - 18.67% - Hyped to craziness.

Nominations

Roy (FE) X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Sure, why not.

K. Rool
Chance: 80% - The only real thing getting in the way of his inclusion in Smash at this point is Sakurai being Sakurai.
Want: 100% - He's cool.

Banjo & Kazooie Prediction: 16%

Nominations: Crash Bandicoot x5

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool

Chance - 75% - He's a very popular choice all over the internet. He's one of the last characters since the Melee days that people have been campaigning for that still isn't in Smash. Only thing that's standing in his way is the amount of characters we're getting from the ballot. I think Dixie has a better shot at getting in simply because she was planned for Brawl. I also think we're not going to get two DK newcomers from DLC. So in my eyes, it's a battle between these two.

Want - 100% - Now, if I had to pick between Dixie and K. Rool, K. Rool wins by a landslide. I've wanted him since Melee.

Banjo & Kazooie

Chance - 5% - I would have said 0% weeks ago. People have gotten their hopes ups thanks to Phil Spencer answering a tweet. Admittedly, going from impossible to unlikely is a huge jump. I just don't see it happening. Nintendo may say they are not competing with Sony and Microsoft, but to me that's just PR talk. Nintendo is not going to advertise a competitors IP. Especially when Microsoft and Rare still have plans for Banjo and none of those plans involve the series being on a Nintendo console again. This isn't like how Rare licensed Nintendo to use Diddy Kong Racing characters for the DS remake. Microsoft had no plans for characters like Tiptup and Timber. Banjo's my favorite video game franchise, and I would love to have him in Smash. The unfortunate reality is that Nintendo let go of Rare over a decade ago.

Want - 100% (If Nintendo still had the rights) - He would have already been in the game. Given the circumstances now, I'd say 0%. I don't want Microsoft making things complicated or eventually losing Banjo from the roster.

I vote for Bandana Dee x5.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
So the third day rolls in...

and I vote for Shantae x5.
King K Rool's day has not officially ended yet, you voted twice during his day. We update around 9:00 pm CDT. Also I'd like everyone who nominates characters to also contribute and rate the character who's day it is. I really don't want to see too many people show up only to nominate their favorite character and leave without a word.

Thank you.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
King K. RoOl

The King's Chances: Solid 75%

I simply cannot see Nintendo ignoring him again. His name will be shouted from the darkest bowels of "HELL":demon: to the tallest mountain summit until he is added, so just add him already... On a lighter note, I feel like not putting him in Smash Bros 4 DLC will be a huge mistake, mainly because if I was Nintendo seeing every poll and reading all the forums and threads on the Web (which IS where the REAL demand is mind you), I would have him in this game, first thing, as Newcomer DLC 4 sure, because I am smart and want as much MONEY as I can get!!! The only way I see Nintendo not putting him in this time is if he is simply slated for the next Smash Bros game already.

BECAUSE NINTENDO HAS TO KNOW BY NOW

THE KING >>>> WILL BRING >>>> THE BLING...*Business Translation: Give us Donkey Kong's villain...please and thank you! Our wallets are wide open Mr. Iwata.* It is as simple as that...
KroolCountry.png money_PNG3537.png

My Want's: The amount of uniqueness in this guys move-set is unreal. He could actually be more unique than ANY other character in this game by far if done correctly. Generally speaking though, he would be a perfect addition. Where is the DK Newcomer?? Really? Why did DK get shafted? When I reached the final level of DKC 1, I was so surprised to see the boss be this crazy Krocodile with a King's crown, BUT...WAIT FOR IT.....he was on a pirate ship...-_0...this character seriously has a screw loose I thought, that is until I beat DKC 2 after years of playing it, no joke. NOW he was a Pirate inside of a flying experimental-looking fortress!! What is wrong with this guy? He is INSANE!..and I can't tell you how much I LOVE that about him. He is so different from your ordinary villain. The way he looks at the camera as he tries to kill you is like he wants to see your reaction when you die..0.0..like WTF. I'm not even going to mess around when I say that I have always wanted King K. RoOl so badly (since Melee like a lot of you). I remember trying to sleep sometimes, but couldn't because of the anxiety I would feel just THINKING about how great his inclusion would be. If Nintendo disregards the amount of love fans have for this character, yet again, then our march continues...and the march will go on until the day he IS confirmed as a playable character in Smash !

Hail to the King!!!

Banjo & Kazooie: I see it as a 50/50. If Nintendo wants to give Microsoft free advertising for the new Banjo games they have waiting in the wings, then that is going to be their big mistake in the end, but by all means, it COULD happen just like anything else. You think Sakurai would be more attached to a franchise with monkeys in it, due to his decisions, more often than not, being very butt-brained and backwards, like that of a real-life monkey.

Nominations:

Isaac x3
Dixie x2

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
King K Rool's day has not officially ended yet, you voted twice during his day. We update around 9:00 pm CDT.[...]

Thank you.
Didn't mean to vote twice in "a day". Different time zone and all.

Anyway, I might as well play this little game...

King K. Rool (pictured above)

Chances: a coin toss. I don't know really.

Favouring K. Rool, we have the fact that he's been a contender forever. On the other hand, one might argue that popularity is not a necessary condition for inclusion in Smash (think of Ice Climbers, Rob and whatnot).

Then again, all of the third-party characters that have ever been included in Smash Bros are popular ones. K. Rool, of course, is not "third-party", but I might argue that popularity is of prime importance to a character that doesn't have the "important to Nintendo's History" factor -- which Rob has, for instance.

Another factor that might favour a character's inclusion in Smash is originality, or difference, if you will... but I find this factor to be way too vague to be evaluated. One might say that K. Rool would merely be another "fat tank" à la Bowser (he's bigger than DK, after all), but nothing at all precludes him from being different. In fact, the only limit to a character's properties is the imagination of the developer, as exemplified by characters such as Captain Falcon and Wario, whose entire movesets were made from scratch. Meaning, anyone who reduces K. Rool's chances of being included on the basis that he would "be too similar to other members of the cast" is basing himself (or herself) on a character that exists only in their mind. This argument fails precisely because the character hasn't been put in the game yet.

The above arguments might seem to favour K. Rool's inclusion more than his exclusion, so why am I saying that it's a coin toss, and that I don't know?

Answer: because I obviously can't isolate all of the factors that might influence K. Rool's inclusion or exclusion, among which are: what is going on at Nintendo and in Sakurai's mind.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Glad this game is back.

K. Rool Chance : 85%
He appears to be a very popular choice. He has a very good shot and has no legal trouble like some of the other more popular characters. Moveset potential, popular etc.

K. Rool Want: 100%
He was my number one newcomer when the game was annouced at E3 2013 and still is.

Banjo Kazooie Prediction - 45%

Isaac x2
Roy x2
Snake x1

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
K rool change:75%
TBH the only thing i see holding k rool back is sakurai.I mean k rool is probably the most requested newcomer in both the east and the west and would no doubt bring in money.And he while he hasn't been revelant in a while he has been in a fww of the side DK games.And he has a huge movepool to choose from.But sakurai thinks differently than us and i can see him not choosing him for another DK character or character as a whole

Want:50%
It could go either way but i would perfer dixie over k rool but if he got in i wouldn't be angry or bitter if he got in.

Banjo kazooie prediction:5%

shantae x2
bandanna dee x2
isaac x1

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Hey look an excuse for me to be active again!

King K. Rool's chances: 50%

I feel we're going to get a new Donkey Kong character for DLC sooner or later, but it's kind of hard for me to really guess which one it could be; On one hand K. Rool definitely has more popularity and could make for more interesting of a fighter, but on the other Dixie has her appearance in Tropical Freeze and might be easier to work with. I think it could go either way.

My second most wanted DLC character, and the one I voted for in the ballot (he was number one when I voted). I want another Donkey Kong character, and while I'd be completely fine with either him or Dixie, I think he's the better choice.

Banjo & Kazooie prediction: 14.58%

No longer necessarily the pipe dream many previously thought, but still has a long way to go before he can get in.

Nominations: Inkling x5

Troykv

Smash Master
King K. Rool Chance 60%

The only character who has almost absolute likely to appear is Wolf, but still, the old king has a reputation for some reason, and I see it as the most likely among new characters, since most of his "opponents" are Third Party Characters, Veterans, Isaac and Dixie.

Want 50%

I personally am not a fan. But I think its entry into Smash would be incredible.

Banjo & Kazooie Chance 1%

Their entry is not impossible, but unlikely.

Nominations:

Roy x2
Ivysaur x1
Tiki x1
Micaiah x1

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
King K Rool
Chance: 60% - The King definitely seems to be the most requested potential first party newcomer by far, and the new Smash ballot should definitely help Nintendo see that. I am still hesitant to give him a overly high rating mostly because we don't know how many DLC characters Nintendo's planning to add and they have ignored King K Rool's popularity in the past. I would rank him as the second most likely DLC we could get after Wolf.

Want: 75% - He's long overdue for a playable character.

Banjo Kazooie prediction: 8%

Nominations: Henry Fleming x3, Captain Toad x2.

DAY OVER

PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
King K. Rool
Chance: 70.75
Want: 79.36
The King set the bar really high and 33 people gave him 100% want rating. Will anyone be able to top that?

Next up is Banjo Kazooie, will they be able to fly high at last or will Microsoft's ownership of them continue to bring them down? Please rate Banjo-Kazooie in Chance and Want. Also please predict what score Isaac will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Banjo and Kazooie Likelihood: 10%

Isaac: 48%

6+ total DLC characters x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Banjo-Kazooie:

Chance: 2%

He's insanely popular here in the west, but that doesn't overrule the fact that he's owned by Microsoft, a third party and competitor. Yes, one of his creators would like to see him...but that doesn't really mean much in the overall scheme of things when Microsoft, not him, owns their rights.

That said, he does have a little bit of a chance because the aforementioned popularity. Not a huge chance, but a notable one.

Want: Abstain

I have no personal connection to them or their series, but would be happy for those who do.

Isaac Prediction: 53.14%

Nominations:

Captain Toad x5

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Banjo Kazooie
Chance: 5%
I don't believe for a second that Phil Spencer's Tweet suddenly means Banjo is on the cards. I feel he only tweeted that just to drum up publicity. Now everyone is interested in Banjo, regardless of if he gets into Smash or not. Even if it was genuine, I doubt Nintendo would want to give free publicity to a Microsoft IP with minimal return. Yes you could argue the same thing happened with Snake, but he was included as a personal favor for Kojima, and otherwise wouldn't have had a shot in heck of making it in. The only chance I could see this happen, is if Nintendo and Microsoft arrange something that could benefit both parties for Banjo, such as allowing Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie on the Virtual Console or something, but that's a stretch.

Want: 50%
I have never played any of the Banjo games (definitely gotta play them eventually), but I'd be happy to see him if only because of the game's huge fanbase and the fact that they are fellow Rare characters, as avid of a K. Rool fan as I am. I don't actively seek for there inclusion, but I'd be happy to see them if they are included, regardless of how unlikely

Isaac Prediction: 50%

Nominations:
Rhythm Heaven Character x3
Themed Stage packs (64, Melee, Brawl) x2

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Banjo & Kazooie Chances: 50%
Don't see it happening, but I could be wrong.

My Banjo & Kazooie Wants: 50%
He would be interesting to say the least, but there are many *Nintendo Owned* character I'd rather have.

Isaac: 65%

Nominations:
Isaac x3
Dixie Kong x2

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Banjo & Kazooie Chance 1%

Their entry is not impossible, but unlikely.

Want 50%

I don't mind the character a lot, because I have other characters who prefer about it ... but I think it would be pretty fun to use.

Nominations:

Roy x2
Ivysaur x1
Tiki x1
Micaiah x1

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Getting the hang of this...

Banjo Kazooie
Chance: 15% (edit not supposed to be 45%)
May have been a bit generous yesterday, however my statements still stands as I feel like they have the better chance out of any third party developers. Microsoft isn't doing anything with them so if Nintendo tries to get their rights it could very well be possible for them to get in because of their history with Nintendo. The game was one of the more memorable games for the 64 so it isn't unrealistic for Sakurai to consider their inclusion into the game, it's just whether or not they can that's the question.

Definitely one of my more wanted characters for smash. They have potential and even though we have Duck Hunt they could still play very differently. I feel like regenerating their series would indeed be beneficial, just look at Kid Icarus' leap back into popularity thanks to smash. Have actually wanted them in smash since when I knew smash was a thing and wondered why they weren't in 64 (then I learned that being on a Nintendo platform doesn't mean they are actually Nintendo characters per se, and that smash at the time was exclusively for Nintendo characters)

Isaac
Predicted: 60%
One of the more popular choices amoung smash fans, never really got into the Golden Sun games all that much myself so I'm not all that familiar, just stabbing in the dark here really.

Nominations:
Impa x4
Krystal x1

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Banjo and Kazooie -

Sorry Banjo and Kazooie fans... I just cannot see, in any way, Nintendo agreeing to promote a franchise that will never be on their consoles again. The 5% chance is equivalent to the EXTREMELY SLIM chance that Nintendo somehow arranged to either buy Banjo back or just get Banjo back on their consoles (which I see little chance of happening).

Want: 60%
I never played Banjo-Kazooie, but I definitely feel like they should've gotten into Melee and been playable in the Smash games. I think they'd be very unique and Banjo and Kazooie plays an important role in Nintendo history... the issue, of course, is the buyout. Docked 10% points for the fact that its been owned by Microsoft for 13 years. King K. Rool has appeared in more games during this time than Banjo-Kazooie have had games TOTAL.

Isaac Prediction: 40%
A lot will give him fairly high ratings, and I feel like he'll have fairly high chance ratings, but not nearly as high as K. Rool. All non-veterans not named K. Rool probably will have less than a 50% chance rating average. Isaac will probably be the second or third newcomer (Inklings the other).

Shovel Knight x5, let's get this guy out of the way so I can give him my low ratings.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Banjo-Kazooie:

Chance - 1%
I would rate lower if I could. They're not owned by a third party, they're owned by a rival first party. What's more, PushDustin's Japanese translations reveal that there were company-related difficulties with getting the duo into the main game in Melee. And now, those complications have increased tenfold. They also make no sense to deal with for DLC when popular first parties will prove just as profitable without requiring a hefty price tag. It would take something completely paradigm-shifting for them to get into Smash with the status quo being what it is.

Want - 50%
Have never played their games, an oversight I plan on correcting soon. I hear that they're excellent, but until then, my attachment is only second-hand at best.

Isaac Prediction - 65%

Nominate Shovel Knight x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Banjo & Kazooie Chances: 50%
Don't see it happening, but I could be wrong.
You rated a third party that you don't see happening, but which you could see happening, as a 50/50 shot?

How does that make any sense? That means that they'd make it in one out of two times.

Was that a typo, maybe?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Banjo-Kazooie:

Chance 8.76% I really doubt that Nintendo is going to get the license to use them.

Want:45% I did rent the two gaqmes although I didn't beat them. But I don't find anything that interesting to them.

Prediction:

Issac:59.74%

Nominate Mother 3 stage x5.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
You rated a third party that you don't see happening, but which you could see happening, as a 50/50 shot?

How does that make any sense? That means that they'd make it in one out of two times.

Was that a typo, maybe?
No. 50% of me sees it happening and 50% of me says I might be wrong. Thats it. Wasn't thinking any deeper than that.

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Banjo-Kazooie

Chance: 3%

I don't think there is a high chance Nintendo will be adding anymore 3rd party characters in this installment especially one that has no future on a Nintendo console and is owned by a competitor.

Want: 3%

Unless Microsoft sells Rare or Banjo back to Nintendo I don't want to see Banjo in Smash Bros.

Issac prediction: 45.19%

Nominations:

Dixie Kong x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Chance - 3%: Of course Phil Spencer approved Banjo being in Smash, he has everything to gain and Nintendo everything to lose. It's just terrible business on Nintendo's part, and there are still other characters that are of equal or greater popularity on the ballot to Banjo anyway. His Japanese support also appears quite weak.
Want 45%

Nominate Dixie Kong x5

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Banjo-Kazooie
In the off chance that Nintendo listens to the requests for third parties, he has a decent chance. But being owned by a company that is still competitive in the console market makes me feel like he just won't happen.

Want: 0%
I feel like there are just plenty of other options that would still benefit Nintendo as a company just as much, if not more since royalties aren't involved.

Nominations:
Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Banjo & Kazooie
Chance: 3%
I just don't see it happening. Sorry to all of the fans of the characters, but I really don't think that Nintendo is going to jump through the hoops to get Banjo in Smash when in the end it'll more than likely be a greater benefit to Microsoft. I don't want to beat a dead horse as everything I've been thinking has basically already been said. I know there was a lot of hype regarding the tweet, but it will eventually just be in the past. I'll give the duo a small total of 3%.
A lot of potential and hype, but that unfortunately doesn't make the road look any less bleak...

Want: 15%
Can't say I really care all too much for them. It would be cool to see everyone's minds get blown if they did manage to make their way onto the roster, and who knows what else that could lead to? Though from a character standpoint, can't say I'm all too interested.

Prediction -
Isaac: 47.4%

Nominations:
x4 Tetra
x1 Toon Zelda

D

Deleted member

Banjo-Kazooie

Chance: 0.01%

+ This duo is a pair of classic N64 icons...
-- ...who are properties of Microsoft since the company owns their developer, Rare.
+ Xbox head honcho Phil Spencer gave the okay to use them...
-- ...but is Nintendo willing to promote their competition? Even if a new Banjo-Kazooie game isn't in development, Microsoft would still receive their share of money from the duo appearing in Smash Bros. Heck, Smash 4 is the same game that doesn't even feature Snake, a third party character who already appeared in Brawl, but has an upcoming game that will be released on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC, but not Wii U.

In a nutshell, unless Nintendo is somehow open to including a rival first party character in their own game or they buy the rights to the Banjo-Kazooie IP from Microsoft/Rare, the bear and bird are in a worse position than Snake. (More on him when we get to his day.)

I never played Banjo-Kazooie. I'm not even nostalgic towards the majority of Rare's work for that matter, but the company's legacy has respect from me that only very few game developers and publishers have rivaled or surpassed. Plus the bear and bird would fit well with the current Smash Bros. cast.

Prediction: Issac - 30%

Some will use his series' lack of relevance as an argument against him while others will point out evidence towards his inclusion, one example being the missing Assist Trophy. Speaking of cut content from Brawl...

Nomination: Snake (No. Snake! SNAAAAAAAKE!) x5

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom