• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

D

Deleted member

KingBro1 Boo

Chance: 1%

Jokes aside, he's a Mario villain who isn't highly requested and suffers competition from others.

Want: 10%

Pichu

This veteran is popular among the Japanese Smash community (for some unexplained reason), but despised everywhere else. Heck, he wasn't planned for Brawl when Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo were.

Want: -100% (0%)

This would be my reaction of Pichu returned:

Predictions:

Fossil Hero - 4.5%

At least he isn't the BB Bandit Trio.

Pious Augustus - 1%

A character from a long-forgotten, one-off IP.

Nominations: Snake Rerate x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
King Boo:

Chance: 6%
A popular Mario villain that may have relevance and popularity, but he has little request in comparison to any of the Mario Elite Four & Champion (Waluigi, Daisy, Paper Mario, Geno, and Captain Toad). Not much else to say since he does have some uniqueness going for him and Mario Party logic dictates than he can't defy gravity like the average ghost.

Want: 20%
Like King Boo, but there are plenty of Mario character's I'd prefer over him (even god damned Nabbit). I feel that he's simply wanted just for the sake of giving Luigi's Mansion more representation.

Pichu:

Chance: 20%
He may be the resident Scrappy of all Smash fighters, he's still heavily requested in the ballot. Still a relevant Pokemon that is promoted and he can be easy to make like most clones. It really depends if Sakurai's willing to focus on more demanded veterans or simply not going for veterans at all.

Want: 50%
Part of me wants him for trolling purposes while the other doesn't want to play as a poor character without the right buffs. But if he's buffed, then I'll gladly enjoy him.

Fossil Hero Prediction: 4%
Pious: 1%

Nominations:

Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
King Boo:
Chance: .01% - No way we get a minor villain as a DLC character especially from Mario, which already has wasted spots (Rosalina).
Want: 1%- He's cool, but I don't want any more Mario characters not named Paper Mario.

Pichu
Chance: 10% - He has a shot, but Ivysaur and Squirtle would be more likely I think
Want: 45% - I LOVE GEN 2. I don't want it to be repped by such a weak and boring character. Ursaring, Scizor, and others would be better.

Predictions:
Pious: 4% - I have no clue who this is
Fossil Hero: 15%

Nominations:
Idolm@ster Mii Costume x5

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Pichu
Chances: 10%
Only reason is he's a veteran
Want: 70%
Yes I'm one of those people who want ALL Veterans to return
King Boo
Chance:0.01%
Relevancy but minor hell, I'd even say Silver the Hedgehog and even Patroklos have better chances
Want:0%
Nominations:
NightmareX3(SoulCalibur)
SilverX2(Sonic)

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Pichu
Chance: 56%
Want: 85%

Just cuz he was my main back in Melee... Still kinda would want Piplup more these days though. And I want Inkling more than anyone else ATM.

Troykv

Smash Master
King Boo:

Chance: 10%

Maybe has his fanbase... But otherwise unlike other franchise (don't have a favorite, or only has a popular option) the support is so focus in three characters: Waluigi, Cap. Toad and Paper Mario... And They are really big deal.

Want: 50%

I don't care :p

Pichu

Chance: 35%

Oh goddess... The most divisive character in Smash History... So loved for some (specially in Japan where he is the most wanted viable character in japaneses websites), so hated for others. I will give him a good shot because all his advantages.

Want: 60%

I like Pichu, I prefer other Pokémon... But something about his possible return I could find... Funny... All the possible back slash and the controversy. My most wanted character could create a lot of controversy.

Predictions:

Pious (Who?): 1.4%
Fossil Hero: 4.3%

Nominations:

Idolm@ster Mii Costume x3
Rerate! Shantae x2

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Pichu
55% Chance
100% Want
He is a divisive character. Yes. But, he has his fans. And he is a veteran. Moreso, he is easy enough to make. I can see him not competing with Squirtle and Ivysaur due to the possibility that there is work on them before the switchable characters were reworked or scrapped in their case. I see most vets, aside from Young Link and ICs, having a 30%+ rating. Went down slightly from last time due to the possibility of him being seen as too divisive. But still, he is a vet.
King Boo
0.00001% Chance
100% Want
He is cool.

Nominating Melee Pokemon Stadium x 5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pichu

Chance - 2.5% - A decently popular character in Japan that was a formet veterain. However, he was a deliberate Joke character who has a notable hate base. Yeah, doomed.

Want - 10% - Why would we want a delebrately bad character? I'll only take him back if they nerf him.

Yes, nerf Pichu. :demon:

King Boo

Chance - 0.13% - A reletively minor Mario character, all things considred, badly outclassed in many ways by other Mario characters.

Want - 40% - Could be interesting, but not a choice I would make.

Predictions

Fossil Hero - 3.24%- Well, it's Nintendo's own Pokemon rip-off, no offense, that should do better than the B. B. Trio.

Pious Augustus - 1.32% - Oh, Eternal Darkness, you are so forgoten, sanity effects and all...

Nominations

Non-playable representation for Ballot Runners-up X5

Pious: 4% - I have no clue who this is
Pious (Who?): 1.4%
Pious Augustus was the most intractable antagonist if Eternal Darkness, one of Nintendo's first attempts at a horror game, notable for its sanity effects which mess with the player (fakes deleting save files, raises or lowers the TV volume, has false bugs crawl across the screen, puts you in unwinnable situations before revealing it as a hallucination, etc.).

Pious himself was a Roman Centurion who goes under the thrall of one of three different Lovecraftian gods that the player chooses. He acts as their stead, trying to summon his god while they plot. While Alexandra Roivas is technically the main character, the game frequently shifts perceptions into other characters, and the Gods are mostly in the background. Pious is the only character to have a physical presence in most of the levels.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
King Boo:

Chance: 3% heavily unlikely, he’s definitely not the type of character most people think of when they think “Mario newcomer”.

Want: 40% ...I actually never thought of this. He would actually be a fun surprise.

Pichu:
Chance: 45% I wouldn’t underestimate any vet's chances.

Want: 65% veteran bias. Pichu is completely okay to me.

Nomination: Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wow, I understand King Boo is unlikely, but I think some people seriously underestimate his presence in the Mario series.

First of all, the most obvious. He is Luigi's equivalent to Bowser. When people think of Luigis nemesis, 90% of time its going to be King Boo, with the other 10% being Waluigi and Bowser.

He's appeared in a lot of games, not just spin-offs either. He was added as an extra boss in Super Mario 64 DS where is holding none other than Luigi hostage, Main antagonist in two games which established his rivalry with Luigi that Waluigi can only dream to have one day. And when it comes to spin-offs, in my experience he and Boo are fairly popular and I often see score high or even top polls for most wanted character back in Mario Kart 8.

And those saying he wouldn't work, it would be no different than other floating characters like Bowser Jr and Rosalina (Ironically both from Mario)

Aside from Captain/Toad, King Boo is probably the most likely Mario character.

Waluigi is in spin-off hell AND an Assist Trophy
Paper Mario has some 2D issues as well as 3 Mario things.
Daisy is, well, Daisy. Spin-off hell, And would work better as a special costume for Peach imo.
Geno is lol worthy

If Bowser is Mario Villain #1 and Jr #2 than King Boo is #3, well. Maybe Kamek, Kamek and King Boo are fairly equal.

He might not be as requested as other Mario characters, but he is still just as popular around the Mario community (in my experience)

That said, he's still another Mario character competing with Toad and very little Ballot support, so low score away, I just think some people are understating his prominence, especially compared to the likes of Geno and Nabbit

After that though, I would like to change my chance score to 5%

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
King Boo

Chance: 0.5%
Cool boss, but his fan support for Smash is as invisible as he is.

Want: 0%
If the next Mario character isn't wearing a headlamp or can't be turned into a paper plane, chances are I don't wanna see it.

Pichu

Chance: 20%
Never underestimate a wanted Pokemon. This little one is still greatly requested in Japan and he's not exactly a stranger anywhere else. Furthermore, his situation is a little different than Ivysaur and Squirtle, because his inclusion wasn't mostly justified by a separate trainer character's elemental starter gimmick.

I don't particularly care for Pichu. I can see why people would want him back being that he's a veteran. Even the most hated of characters are going to have their mainers.

Predictions
Pious Augustus: 0.85%
Fossil Hero: 1.65%

Nominate x5 Slippy

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Such a strange night. Here we have a sometimes-evil king of the dead...and a living being that just won't die.

--

King Boo

Chance: 2.5%

An antagonist to Luigi and an on-and-off participant in spinoffs (thought that might not be the same King Boo), the king of self-conscious ghosts is one of the many second-tier Mario characters. He has a bit of a following for being an interesting villain or a cool character to use in Mario Kart Double Dash/Wii, but when it comes to the Smash Ballot, he's...kind of an oddball. He has a few small pockets of support from people wondering just how he'd work in Smash, but it's far from significant and likely nowhere near enough to get Sakurai's attention.

Beyond that, his own physical form might be his biggest problem. King Boo has no legs, moves by floating, and rarely even has a corporeal form! So much of that goes against the mechanics of Smash, and not in a way that'd be fresh and interesting, but in a way that'd be completely impractical!

Want: 20%
A touch of the otherworldly could be interesting, but it'd be so hard to do and so likely to end up making King Boo either a mess or a game breaker that I'd rather not.

Rerate: Pichu

Chance: 7% -> 5.5%

Welp. Here we are again. What have we learned since Pichu's last appearance?

We've seen some things that work for and against him...on the surface, anyway. Roy's return, on paper, heralds the chance of other former clones being decloned, but Sakurai's words of fanservice in the future translate to bad things for a character whose is only popular in one region and primarily because of veteran status. It'd seem Pichu broke even...or did he?

Let's look back to Brawl for a moment. You guys know how Roy was originally planned for Brawl, right? How he, Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario had some semblance of work done on them before they were cut due to time constraints? You know how a lot of former clones were decloned in Brawl, their abilities and movesets altered to vary them up more from their source characters? Considering the circumstances, what are the odds that Roy had a semi-clone moveset made for him back then? What are the odds that it's the moveset he has now?

If Roy's semi-clone moveset is a carryover from his Brawl incarnation that never came to be...then Pichu is significantly worse off than before! With no actual preferential treatment towards veterans, with no ties to Brawl like Roy had, and now with talk of future content throwing a bone to the fans in ways that likely wouldn't involve highly divisive characters that are outright disliked in most of the West, I cannot say the odds favor someone whose Ballot support is far below many others, including several other Pokémon!

Want: 5% -> 5%
I don't care a whole lot for the missing veterans and I feel like clone DLC is a bad idea. On top of it, there are so many other viable and interesting Pokémon candidates--especially newcomers--that bringing back a clone just for the sake of it would still leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

He had his moment in Melee, but at this point, Pichu just feels...unnecessary.

Fossil Hero Prediction: 4.25%
Hailing from a lower end series, they should still do a little better than a lot of recent candidates...

Pious Augustus Prediction: 1.37%
Not only is his source game obscure, why would get in over its protagonist?

Nominations: Amaterasu x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
King Boo

Chance: 2%
I really don't see him getting in as a playable character.

He is cool though.

Pichu

Chance: 5%

Want: 1%

Predictions: Fossil Hero 6%

Predictions: Pious Augustus 3%

Nominations: Sturm X5.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
King K Boo:
Chance 0%
Until Sakurai ran out of new characters to add (That means adding Daisy, Captain Toad and Waluigi as well), this will never happen. And even when they are added, he still is very unlikely. He is one character I really wouldn't hear people suggest, with the lack of mobility/movesets (like Slime), and very minor appearances (I honestly cannot recall when has he appeared) and significance, he's pretty much close to negligible.
Want 0%
No.

Pichu:
Chance 30%/2 = 15% (Again initial score higher than two dlc rep same franchise)
If I remember correctly, Pichu was added as a joke-ish character, being intended as the weakest character and stuff. Not sure how would it work again, but as I've mentioned way back, Joke characters would be better just stapled within the initial roster, since they are likely not to be wanted.

But the negativity ends here. Did I just say "not wanted"? Pichu does have quite high of a demand, along with the veteran status and stuff. In the sourcegaming poll I referenced earlier for Wolf, Pichu is right there... at the bottom of the first 6 veterans (or same amount of mentions as K Rool)

As mentioned in Source Gaming, its popularity might be helped by the return of most Melee characters, or by its "cuteness" (and nostalgia matter, afaik). Outsite of that forum thing, I do see Pichu still getting requested everywhere -- not as much as ones like Wolf, Snake and Ice Climber though.

Also the point about it being a joke character, sure this can be changed, like how Jigglypuff went from being a weak character in 64, buffed to like the top 5 in Melee (Probably due to Pichu being the new weak character). But in what way could Pichu be no longer a weak character, I have no idea.

Decloning is also possible... I guess? I mean, Pichu is a baby version of Pikachu, like Young Link is, well, a young Link. There might be some unique moves Pichu has that Pikachu don't, I have no idea about Pokemon moves and such, but chances are, it will always be an inferior version of Pikachu.

Anyway, want.
Want 36%/2=18%
This 36 came from the Top 10 post in the other thread, but have to half it now, due to the amount of possible characters left and how competition tightens (inb4 anyone pulls out "there not only 1 winner" argument, that means nothing if they can simply take the last slot and having your wanted character excluded) due to the rumor of pre-ballot ending and the "few characters left before ending" news.

Abstain from predictions.

Nomination:
Slippy 5x

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Pichu, The Grand Khagan of Destruction:

Chances: 20% Pichu actually has a legitimate shot, as Pichu enjoys considerable popularity in Japan, and happens to be a very easy to implement clone of Pikachu, so low amounts of dev time. Pichu is also the Baby pokemon rep, it's supposed to represent pokemon like :174:,:173:,:175:,:238:,:239:, :240:, and of course, :172: himself. Pichu while being a joke character, actually has something else to represent.

On the other hand Pichu suffers from a magnificently sized hatebase, that hates on the character for multiple reasons, mainly being a joke character, which is justifiable. Pichu is the only "True" joke character in smash in the Melee and Pre-Melee era, everyone else was either added due to being iconic (:jigglypuff64:) and / or for being unique (:icsmelee:,:gawmelee:), whilst Pichu was seemingly added only as a joke despite being able to rep something. The other reasons are how weak the character is, and that it isn't anywhere near as iconic as the other Pokemon reps. While the whole "Pichu isn't iconic enough" argument is perfectly justifiable, the argument about the character being weak in melee is practically invalid, for one reason. *hint*:roymelee:*hint*

Want: 80%
I actually love Pichu, it was my secondary in Melee and to be honest the character just "clicked" more with me than Pikachu did in terms of playstyle. I also like the character a bit, and I believe all the vets should eventually come back as either alts or characters, and I'd love to see Pichu return soon. I'd rather see some of my other picks, but I definitely wouldn't mind and would celebrate Pichu's return!

King Boo:

Chance: 6% seemingly doomed, but is unique enough that Sakurai may just lift him from the graveyard.
Want: 20% King Boo's cool, I just don't have any real desire to see him in smash, but he wouldn't annoy me if added.

Predictions: Fossil Hero 7%
Pious Augustus 0.9%

Whoever quotes me first gets to choose my five nominations today:035:.

Nominations: 10 x Rerate!Bandana Dee

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
While the whole "Pichu isn't iconic enough" argument is perfectly justifiable, the argument about the character being weak in melee is practically invalid, for one reason. *hint*:roymelee:*hint*
I believe you're talking about me, but:
今回のスマブラは、最弱の座をピチューに託しました。 ~Pichu's article in the official site
Pichu is not only weak, but the "weakest".

Pichu

King Boo
Want: 35%

Fossil Hero prediction: 5%
Pious Augustus predicion: 1%

Nominations:
Saffron City 3x
Meta Crystal 2x

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I believe you're talking about me, but:
今回のスマブラは、最弱の座をピチューに託しました。 ~Pichu's article in the official site
Pichu is not only weak, but the "weakest".
I wasn't actually referring to you at all :laugh:. I usually try not to check other's posts before making mine on this thread, to try to limit any influence other's posts might have.

I suppose my argument about him being weak was badly worded though, I didn't mean it's bad to detract from Pichu's purposeful weakness, I simply mean't that it doesn't make sense that people detract Pichu for being a nonviable character but also supported Roy despite them being in the exact same boat. Although I suppose it would be fine if said person never cared about :roymelee: in the first place, or wasn't referring to Pichu as "weak" in terms of balance but intention.

Also, you won my little contest, who would you want me to nominate (if any)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

King Boo

Chances : 5%

Want : 100%

As one who has played all 2 games, YES! He'd be a perfect fit and i'm surprised at such low ratings hes getting but oh well.

Pichu

Chances : 2

Want : 45

Fossil Hero prediction : 9.78
Pious Augustus prediction : 4.57
A weird skeleton solider who also hails from the first M-Rated game Nintendo published.

Nominating Reyn x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Logo12

Smash Lord
I wasn't actually referring to you at all :laugh:. I usually try not to check other's posts before making mine on this thread, to try to limit any influence other's posts might have.

I suppose my argument about him being weak was badly worded though, I didn't mean it's bad to detract from Pichu's purposeful weakness, I simply mean't that it doesn't make sense that people detract Pichu for being a nonviable character but also supported Roy despite them being in the exact same boat. Although I suppose it would be fine if said person never cared about :roymelee: in the first place, or wasn't referring to Pichu as "weak" in terms of balance but intention.

Also, you won my little contest, who would you want me to nominate (if any)?
Oh oops? xd

I didn't even notice that contest thingy lol. At this point I don't even know who to rate or rerate since apparently K Rool rerates are not accepted and that's the only thing I'm interested in. So maybe uh... something like rerate BDee?

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
King Boo:
Chances: 8%

Pichu:
Chances: 11%
Want: 80%

I think Pichu has good potential to be made a much better fighter. Add more strength and less malfunctioning attacks and an effective Final Smash and he'll go far.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
King Boo:
He's not an AT but...he's a constantly floating character. I honestly don't know how that can work.

Bowser Jr's clown car should technically also float but due to it being used more as a tank than a flying machine, he sort of gets away with it. King Boo doesn't really have any excuse NOT to float or have free flying ability.

He can't get tired like Charizard of Puff can; he's a ghost. They don't need stamina. Being a ghost he's also intangible making him logically impossible to hit.

I like King Boo a lot in a Luigi's Mansion and to a lesser extent the Mario series...I just think he's less than ideal a choice for Smash. He's a huge, invincible, intangible, perma-floating character. I have absolutely no idea how the character could be feasibly balanced.

Pichu
Past veteran. Does have a fan base. Also has a hatebase. Only character not planned for a return thus far though.

If there's one thing Sm4sh has done it's make past poor performers impressive. People once laughed when I said I mained Yoshi. Now they quake in fear. Bowser, Roy, Ness, Mario, Link etc have all been greatly boosted this game whilst previous kings of the ring like Falco, Dedede and Metaknight have received nerfs.

My point is just because Pichu was shockingly bad(hoho) in Melee, doesn't mean he has to be now. He can still be a lethal joke character with the boost from 'rage' adding to his self hurt gimmick and maybe removing the damage from his NON electrical attacks(like quick attack and skull bash and any move that doesn't use electricity basically).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
King Boo
Chance:
2%
King Boo is the main antagonist of the Luigi's Mansion series and appears in a few spin-offs.
That's it.
With Luigi representing his series just fine, there's no need for him.

Want: 100%
Yeah, I give this score to almost (Read: Not Geno) every Mario character, including no-hopes like Goomboss, Pokey and Kooper.
Though King Boo is indeed very interesting.

In Luigi's Mansion, his strenght is tied to the amount of Boos in the Mansion.

There were 50 Boos excluding King Boo.

In Smash, this could mean he could place Boos in all their kinds of glory on the stage, including Boo Circles and Big Boos as long as his "Boo Meter" isn't empty.
These Boos can hurt Smashers and having them on-stage makes King Boo himself stronger too.
Though it comes with a prize.
If these Boos are defeated, the Boo Meter shrinks and King Boo gets weaker.
And bigger Boos count for multiple Boos, making the risk-reward ratio even bigger on the Big Boo Baddies.

Other Special Moves can also use this mechanic.
His Special Move Boo Brigade has him charging up a big wall of Boos that scare opponents.
He can charge longer for multiple Boos, but if those Boos are hit, he loses a lot of his Boo Meter.

Pichu
Chance:
15%
Divisive
He's a veteran, but not planned for Brawl
He's wanted. But only in Japan.

Rather have newcomer clones than this.

Fossil Fighter: 5.4%
Pious: 1.56%

Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Abstaining for King Boo.

-----

Pichu chances: 15%
I feel like I didn't give enough credit to Pichu last time I've rated it; this score is almost double of my previous chances score I initially gave it. Pichu was added in Melee as an easy clone and as a joke character deliberately supposed to be a worse Pikachu in almost every way, and its files weren't found in Brawl data which may suggest how much of a low priority character Pichu was for Brawl (if not a downright intentional cut). That said Pichu still has fans and some apparent demand and, besides Ice Climbers and Snake (the formers which seem doomed by technical hell while the later is in a rather strange situation) is probably the second most wanted returning cut character after Wolf, though there's a huge margin between the two.

I don't really expect Pichu due to how divisive of a character it is and how it was taken not seriously by Sakurai himself, but I won't underestimate the chances of a veteran with some demand too much.

Pichu want:
As a purposely bad joke character: 100% disapproval (and 0% want)
Coming back with serious balance: still 0% want
Overall: 0% want

That said I really really don't want Pichu back and I'd rather see it stuck in Melee forever. I hated Pichu in Melee for what it was: a deliberately "joke" character specifically designed to be downright worse than another character in the roster and a forced generation II representative who directly inherits from the iconicness of said other character. I'm sure it was my least used character overall in Melee, as there was literally no incentive for me to use it over Pikachu except for unlocking specific stuff like Classic/Adventure/All-star trophies.

I actually like joke characters... except that Pichu is not what I envision when I think of "joke character". For me, a joke character is a character who is hilarious in either the character choice itself or its moveset, but who is still taken seriously balance-wise, and Melee Pichu is none of that. Jigglypuff overall fits those criteria much better. If Pichu came back as the same terrible "joke" character as it was in Melee I'd be for sure not going to buy it.

Now if Pichu came back with a revamped balance and taken seriously as a fighter... I'd tolerate it more, but it would still be a letdown for me, and I'd still consider not buying it. It wouldn't change the fact Melee Pichu left a bad taste in my mouth in the first place, seeing two Pokémon at different evolution stages from the same evolutionary line and overall similar abilities in Smash feels wrong imo (that's also part of why I didn't like Pichu in Melee), and overall Pichu just seems redundant and disposable. Pichu is cute? So is Pikachu.

Seeing cut characters coming back is generally great because they're characters who already have proven their worth in previous games as Smash fighters, but Pichu didn't imo, and I'd rather not bother reintroducing it in modern Smash.

-----

Oh great, two characters tomorrow I don't care about at all...

Fossil Hero prediction: 4.10%
At least they'll do better than B.B. Bandit Trio.

Pious Augustus prediction: 0.66%
Welcome to the <1% chances club.

Nominating:
Returning stage: Meta Crystal x5

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pichu

Chance: 7%

This thing wasn't planned for Brawl, so I can't see it somehow being chosen as the 7th Pokemon representative for DLC, never mind that it's a joke character. A joke character I could do well without.

King Boo

Want: 5%

The king has a crown to steal from Daisy, Paper Mario and Cap. Toad as the most wanted and plausible Mario newcomers. And I'd gladly pick any of them over him despite me not wanting more Mario characters.

Predictions:

Fossil Fighter: 2.70%
Pious: 0.70%

Nominate: Rundas x5

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Predictions 4 teh lulz:
Fossil Fighter: 3.25%

Pious Augustus: 0.34%

----

Nominations:
Concept: SSB4 is the last SSB x2
Concept: Pirate Ship Stage x2

Concept: New Mii Fighter Archetype x1

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
King Boo's Chance: 5%
Another character with little to no demand, it has to compete with many more well-known faces in its own series, let alone the entire roster.

King Boo's Want: 0%
Yet another Mario character I don't want, we have too many anyway.

----------

Pichu's Chance: 10%
One of the most hated character in the series, for good reason, and another has-been character from Pokemon that its own games tend to forget exists, the only thing going for Pichu is that Japan likes veterans. DLC is has to be sold individually, and Pichu's "merits" would make it a tough sell.

Pichu's Want: 0%
Being a combination of yet another Pokemon character, a clone, and just plain awful, I'd be far happier if Pichu never returned to Smash Bros.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pichu Chance:
15%
Same rating as last time, veteran status plus easy last minute clone material in addition. In a time where only several characters can be made, I think Pichu has the chance to get in along with Young Link. The hate base itself won't matter to Sakurai, since he still knows Pichu has its actual fans, it's what matters to him more.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
King Boo:

Chance - 5%

I mostly agree with what @ NintenRob NintenRob has said here. It's easy to think King Boo is minor, but he's got a fairly impressive list of appearances:

- Luigi's Mansion (main antagonist)
- Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (main antagonist)
- Super Mario 64 DS (Boss)
- Mario Kart Double Dash (Playable)
- Mario Kart DS (Boss)
- Mario Kart Wii (Playable)
- Mario Superstar Baseball (Playable)
- Mario Super Slugger (Playable)
- Super Princess Peach (Boss)

He also makes repeated minor appearances in Mario Party and Mario Golf.

This all said, hes from a series with lots of characters and I'd be surprised if even Toad makes it so I can't rate him highly.

Want - 60%

I like the character, but can't envision how he'd play and whether or not it'd be something I enjoy.

Pichu:

Chance - 10%

He's a veteran, has some following and is somewhat big in Japan because they take their love of veterans too far.

Want - 0%

I'm not personally sure why anyone wants Pichu back. Was it for the novelty of sandbagging with a character deliberately designed to be awful? I don't understand.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

King Boo
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

For chance, he isn't highly demanded.
For want, no thanks. Maybe as a means to give Luigi's Mansion more representation, but I'm not too invested.

Pichu
Chance:
1%

Copy and paste:
Pichu
Chance:
1%

Beyond maybe Roy and Wolf, I am doubtful that we will get any more veterans.
Pichu doesn't get an outright 0% because it's a veteran with an established moveset and Pichu does have some fan demand (in fact, one of PushDustin's polls shows that Pichu is more wanted than King K. Rool).
Other than that, Pichu has a lot going against it. First off, Pichu is a very polarizing character in Melee; you either loved him for his charm or hated him for being that pathetically weak character that hurt itself. Second is that since Mewtwo is back, we might not get anyone beyond him in terms of Pokemon, unless Pichu gets a lot of requests from the ballot. The ballot point is very unlikely because again, it's a very polarizing character and I think other characters will outcompete it.
I don't think Pichu has much going for it other than being a veteran.
Copy and paste:
Not interested at all. After Wolf, I'm good in terms of veterans.
Fossil Fighter Prediction: 7.77%
*shrug*
Pious Prediction: 1.58%
I think I will explain this one because I had to do some research.
Pious is a character from Eternal Darkness. He is playable in the game's first Chapter and then becomes an antagonist.
...I think he will befall to darkness tomorrow.

Nominations: Fourside 5x

Laniv

Smash Champion
King Boo:

Overshadowed by Paper Mario, Daisy, and Toad/Captain Toad.

Want: 82%
I'd like him, but there are certain other characters I'd love first. *ahem*

Pichu:

Chance: 27%
He has legitimate chances, and Japan loves their veterans.

Want: 99%
YEAH LET'S GO

But, really though, I love the idea of having joke characters in Smash just like I love having characters that don't normally fight.

Predictions for Fossil Fighter: 3% Chance, 56% Want
Predictions for Pious Augustus: 1.3% Chance, 12% Want

Nominate Daisy rerate x 5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
King Boo
Chance: 3.2%
Other than the fact that he doesn't have a lot of fan demand out of the remaining Mario candidates, it's just one of those characters that I have to say I can't see happening for whatever reason. I'll give Luigi's nemesis a rating of 3.2%.
He should have appeared on the Luigi's Mansion stage...

Want: 5%
I love both Luigi's Mansion games, but I don't really care for King Boo's inclusion.

Pichu
Chance: 5.2%
At this point I don't see Pichu happening unless they want to include him as an extra in some kind of character pack maybe. He has fans, but not as noteworthy as the amount of fans Mewtwo had. I think Mewtwo is probably all we're going to get for Pokemon DLC, but I wouldn't necessarily mind being proven wrong. I'll give the mini Pikachu a chance of 5.2%, which is a 3.6% drop from my original rating.
There's still a chance, but like Pichu a very small one.

I would love to see Pichu return as he was one of the characters I had a lot of fun playing in Melee when I was too young to know the difference between a good and bad character. I don't mind the inclusion of clone characters either, so that helps. I also would enjoy the controversy his inclusion would bring to this site because I think it's funny how serious some people will get over a game.

D

Deleted member

I actually like joke characters... except that Pichu is not what I envision when I think of "joke character". For me, a joke character is a character who is hilarious in either the character choice itself or its moveset, but who is still taken seriously balance-wise, and Melee Pichu is none of that.
What you think it's a Joke character is in reality a Fighting Clown.
Here's the difference:

Joke Characters are those who are characters that are purposefully bad. (there's also the Lethal Joke Character, which is when a Joke Character utimately has some hidden utility)

Fighting Clowns on the other hand may look wacky, have cartoonish attacks, and a goofy voice, but otherwise they play as well as any other fighter.

Pichu IS a joke character.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
King Boo:

Chance: 3%
Want: 35%

Honestly, I think King Boo would be cool, but there's a lot of other characters I'd like to see that overshadow him.

Pichu:

Chance: 8%
Want: 2%

He'd be easy to bring back and he still holds onto that veteran status, but even then, his chances appear pretty low.

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt For Ryu x3
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x1
Saffron City(N64) x1

D

Deleted member

I decided to participate today
Abstaining on King Boo, since my point of interest is here:

:pichumelee::
Chance:10% (im feeling generous today)

There are 2 notable things that Pichu has going for:
-Seems to get a healthy amount of requests in Japan, and he doesn't have any technical or copyright issues unlike :popo: and :snake: respectively.
-The clone issue could actually be used at his advantage since clones take way less time than an unique character.
-This last point is just speculation in my mind, but i don't see :ivysaur: returning withouth :squirtle: or viceversa, and as such, i don't think they are gonna come back unless bought together (which is unlikely)

As for the negatives:
-Most people seem to get tired of more Pokemon characters now, and the general consensus seems to agree that the Pokemon cast has all main bases covered (Heck, :4mewtwo: is DLC, which would make Pichu the 2nd DLC character from Pokemon).

-Pichu has to compete with ridiculous amounts of different Pokemon to get a spot. Characters include Hawlucha, Sceptile, the already mentioned Squirtle and Ivysaur, etc.

All in all, while Pichu doesn't have to deal with 3rd Party or 3DS issues that Snake and the Icies have (or the 3rd Link issue that :younglinkmelee: has) he's by no means a Ballot frontrunner. (or Pre-Ballot frontrunner for that matter).

Want:5%
Why the 5% for this character? well:

1.Pichu brings me nostalgia because of the Pikachu and Pichu short which came with my favorite Pokemon movie, Spell of the Unown: Entei. (in fact i think that short is the reason Sakurai choosed Pichu as one of the clone characters in Melee).

2.The salt would be so funny (i remember the salt when Roy was leaked, and it was hilarious).

3.I like Pikachu and all it's evolutionary line, as such i like Pichu. (and he's adorable)

However, i would prefer if we just bought Wolf back and then let it be all newcomers. Sorry Pichu fans
------------------------------------
Noms:
Pirate Ship from Brawl X5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Am I the only one who thinks that requesting <insert generally hated character here> just to piss off their respective haters is quite silly?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one who thinks that requesting <insert generally hated character here> just to piss off their respective haters is quite silly?
Well to simply put it, some people just want to watch the world burn. And the Smash fandom is no exception to such a concept (Pichu, any Fire Emblem character, etc).

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Well that may be true for some but some request a character that they love like me, requesting Silver(oh, I can just smell all the zeroes when that day comes when Silver is right up there)

Top Bottom