• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Wolf
Chance:
50%

A bit lower than what I gave him before, which was a 70%.
I can't confirm the source, but I heard that the pre-ballot fighters were done, meaning the last pre-ballot characters were Roy and Ryu. If that's the case, then it's not good that he wasn't planned at all.
Still, he is one of the most demanded characters and one of the least divisive veterans. I think that out of all the characters, he has the best chance.
It's from PushDustIn's translation. Nothing was directly mentioned. Everything implied and composed out by PushDustIn.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Wolf
99.99% Chance
100% Want
Midna
5% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Concept Pokemon Stadium Stage DLC x 5

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Wolf:

50 / 50 Chance / Want

I don't think he's a shoe-in but he's definitely one of the more likely choices. What does he have going for him? Veteran status, big Japanese fanbase, good international support and ease of implementation. Yet; I don't think he tops the popularity overall, didn't have that much steam early on in the ballot due to people thinking he was guaranteed preballot, and I don't think he's that popular amongst a casual audience.

As for want, I'm ambivalent towards Star Fox but Wolf was one of my preferred characters.

Midna:

0/0

An assist trophy from a game I never played.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Wolf:

50 / 50 Chance / Want

I don't think he's a shoe-in but he's definitely one of the more likely choices. What does he have going for him? Veteran status, big Japanese fanbase, good international support and ease of implementation. Yet; I don't think he tops the popularity overall, didn't have that much steam early on in the ballot due to people thinking he was guaranteed preballot, and I don't think he's that popular amongst a casual audience.

As for want, I'm ambivalent towards Star Fox but Wolf was one of my preferred characters.

Midna:

0/0

An assist trophy from a game I never played.
Wolf easily tops over Japanese polls, and is consistently around 4-6th place in Western polls. Overall, He's second, beaten by Snake.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
WOLF
Chance: 99.9% - I just woke up so I don't care about the even percents and stuff anymore. He's a beloved veteran with a new game coming out, and he even has his own mode in it. He's also a unique character that only shares a few similarities with Fox and Falco. Nothing is holding him back from returning.

Want: 100% - One of my favorite characters in all of gaming, and my favorite fighter since his appearance in Brawl. Plus,with all the changes in Smash 4, adding him in will just be an overall buff. Acting out of side-b, ledge trumping, etc. I cannot wait any longer to have him back.

MIDNA
Chance: 5% - She's an Assist Trophy. Also, we're rating her like this because people "Didn't want three links?" He's a completely different species, but whatever.

Want: 95% - She's not a 100% simply because I wasn't actually satisfied with the Hyrule Warriors version of her fighting style. I, personally, hated how she would get off the Wolf. Without it, she's slow as molasses. It even takes her way too long for her to pull it back out just to start sprinting. Not to mention the animation looks kinda dumb when you're just constantly pulling the wolf out and putting it away. I love Midna, but I like Midna + Wolf (Link, Shadow, O'Donnell) a lot more. Just suits the character.

Troykv

Smash Master
Two or more DLC characters from the same series did get a lower score in chances than Squirtle and Ivysaur?

NO SERIOUSLY

WHAT

THE

HECK

THIS DEFIES ANY FORM OF LOGIC

I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHAT DID HAPPEN YESTERDAY

*rant over*

Abstaining for Midna.

-----

Wolf Link chances: 98.6%
Okay I'll take a larger safety margin than 0.03% chances of not happening from my last rating because no one is guaranteed, but I still believe Wolf is coming. People were assuming he'd be pre-ballot, but apparently "pre-ballot" is over... but that doesn't mean he wasn't planned. Instead, my theory is that we was planned pre-ballot, but to release alongside the other ballot characters... I mean maybe he was supposed to be released alongside the other returning veterans but was replaced by Ryu in order to add some fantasy to the first batch of four DLC characters instead of only returning characters from the previous games. And besides he's still one of the most popular requests anyway, if not the most popular. The only thing he has really going against him is the fact he was low priority for Brawl, but then so did Roy in both Melee and Brawl, so that's not saying much. We shouldn't exclude the possibility of Wolf being also excluded for unlikely reasons we can't guess, too.

Wolf want: 88%
I used to not care that much about him considering the fact I used to think he was a near absolute lock and the fact I wasn't a huge fan of him in Brawl, but over the time I've come to think that Wolf being permanently excluded from SSB4 would feel wrong. He's a high-tier famous Nintendo villain and he has a very cool design. Super Smash Bros. could for sure use more playable villains, there are several high-tier famous Nintendo villains who are viable for Smash, and Wolf is for sure one of them.

-----

Porky prediction: 4.04%
Not that much of a popular suggestion it seems.

Guile's theme prediction: 3.30%
I doubtful that we're getting more musics for already existing stages.

Nominating:
Returning stage: Meta Crystal x5
Looks like people don't see Mewtwo as a DLC Character

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Wolf easily tops over Japanese polls, and is consistently around 4-6th place in Western polls. Overall, He's second, beaten by Snake.
Very fair point but I am not personally comfortable with the amount of weighting given to the Japanese there; the polls used have considerably fewer votes than US/Euro ones and if you simply aggregate the number of votes a different story is told. I will wait for the international poll being run at the minute to say for certain. I am confident he makes top 5 but not confident he is at the top.

But I will expand. He clearly has massive Japanese support due to being a veteran, and good support on most polls on sites like here and Reddit. I think these are sufficient to give him a good shot overall (in fact, the highest I feel comfortable giving, alongside King K Rool) but I think there are definite negatives:

- Comparatively scarce lack of support near the beginning of the ballot as everyone thought he had a spot guaranteed for advertising the new Star Fox
- Not comfortable suggesting he'd be a popular casual pick, as he got a lot of flak for being similar to Fox and Falco; a more unique character would likely be better received.

And it should also be said I absolutely view popularity as a massive factor in this ballot. Given the size of the ballot, I do not think Nintendo has the time and/or manpower to read through every vote. It's notfeasible in my eyes. I imagine the top X most voted characters without things against their inclusion will be shortlisted, and the team will then choose from them using the votes more closely. Wolf will likely make that shortlist but beyond that I have no idea.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Very fair point but I am not personally comfortable with the amount of weighting given to the Japanese there; the polls used have considerably fewer votes than US/Euro ones and if you simply aggregate the number of votes a different story is told. I will wait for the international poll being run at the minute to say for certain. I am confident he makes top 5 but not confident he is at the top.

But I will expand. He clearly has massive Japanese support due to being a veteran, and good support on most polls on sites like here and Reddit. I think these are sufficient to give him a good shot overall (in fact, the highest I feel comfortable giving, alongside King K Rool) but I think there are definite negatives:

- Comparatively scarce lack of support near the beginning of the ballot as everyone thought he had a spot guaranteed for advertising the new Star Fox
- Not comfortable suggesting he'd be a popular casual pick, as he got a lot of flak for being similar to Fox and Falco; a more unique character would likely be better received.

And it should also be said I absolutely view popularity as a massive factor in this ballot. Given the size of the ballot, I do not think Nintendo has the time and/or manpower to read through every vote. It's notfeasible in my eyes. I imagine the top X most voted characters without things against their inclusion will be shortlisted, and the team will then choose from them using the votes more closely. Wolf will likely make that shortlist but beyond that I have no idea.
Wouldn't say he's at the top of the popularity, like you mentioned he's easily top 5 however given his likelihood to also return he's pretty much the front runner when you combined chances and popularity. Most of the other top 5 popular characters have varying issues with their chances.

I don't think lack of support prior to the revelation that he wasn't in the base roster or at the start of the ballot is a negative per se, considering it was due to the fact he was already pretty much considered a done deal. If it was for any other reason sure. Besides Ballot isn't a vote or popularity contest anyway.

I'm sure casual observers would ask why Blonde Ness or Red Hair Marth are in the game also. The Ballot will likely see multiple characters return some more recognisable to them more than others. Casual observers aren't going to be voting in the ballot except after the first day they saw the Direct about it.

Popularity is a factor, not the deciding factor or given more weight compared to anything else that's for sure. Standard Smash criteria still apply so Snake and IC might be popular but for reasons that should already be known popularity alone isn't enough.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Midna

Chance
1% - With Midna already being an assist trophy, and having nothing to suggest that she'll get a promotion, I don't think we're all to likely to see Midna in Smash as a playable character.

Want
0% - And I'm perfectly OK with her absence. Look, I have nothing against her character, really. Easily the best companion Link has ever had in a Zelda game. However, aside from her appearances in the Hyrule Warriors spin offs, she's only ever appeared in Twilight Princess. That's one game. That hardly qualifies for a Nintendo All-star, which is what Smash is all about. She's a one off character essentially, and until she has more games under her belt, I'm fine with her assist trophy status.

Wolf

Chance
60% - ...he's still got the ballot going for him, but other than that, things don't appear to good for him. It seems like we're done with Pre-ballot characters, which means if we're to get him, it would be from the ballot. He is a veteran though, and he's first party, so he's got a higher up from other characters.

Want
40% - Really, I feel bad for him. However, at this point, we've gotten to the "nitty gritty" of the Smash ballot. The only characters I expect to see now will be winners in the ballot. And honestly, Wolf being added as a winner from the ballot, rather than pre ballot like Lucas, Mewtwo, and Roy, is just not preferable to me. I would like seeing him, but at this point, he'd get in as a result of the ballot, and I don't want him added whereas a newcomer could get the attention instead.

To simplify, I'd like to see him, but at this point, as a ballot winner, I'd rather pass.

Nominate
Rerate: Bandana Waddle Dee

shane3x

Saint of Swords
..he's still got the ballot going for him, but other than that, things don't appear to good for him. It seems like we're done with Pre-ballot characters, which means if we're to get him, it would be from the ballot. He is a veteran though, and he's first party, so he's got a higher up from other characters.
The Ballot is by far Wolf's only thing going for him. It would appear we would get 4 characters more DLC wise at least based off the eShop Character #1 bundle. Considering the majority of DLC so far is Veterans due to relatively guaranteed hype and success and the ease and speed of their development compared to new characters he hasn't looked any stronger. There are few characters who could even challenge him in terms of likelihood and popularity.

Ballot is not a vote.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Is Roy, Lucas etc are popular casual pick then? Are they any more unique than Wolf?
I wouldn't have thought so and I wouldn't have rated them as highly as Wolf.

They're DLC now. So what? Their inclusion hardly negates the possibility Wolf might not be included, especially now that it's ballot and popularity is in my view a bigger factor.

Wouldn't say he's at the top of the popularity, like you mentioned he's easily top 5 however given his likelihood to also return he's pretty much the front runner when you combined chances and popularity. Most of the other top 5 popular characters have varying issues with their chances.

I don't think lack of support prior to the revelation that he wasn't in the base roster or at the start of the ballot is a negative per se, considering it was due to the fact he was already pretty much considered a done deal. If it was for any other reason sure. Besides Ballot isn't a vote or popularity contest anyway.

I'm sure casual observers would ask why Blonde Ness or Red Hair Marth are in the game also. The Ballot will likely see multiple characters return some more recognisable to them more than others. Casual observers aren't going to be voting in the ballot except after the first day they saw the Direct about it.

Popularity is a factor, not the deciding factor or given more weight compared to anything else that's for sure. Standard Smash criteria still apply so Snake and IC might be popular but for reasons that should already be known popularity alone isn't enough.
The Ness/Lucas stuff has been discussed above, so I feel our main disagreement is on what importance popularity has in the ballot.

Which I begin by pointing out to you that the very definition of a ballot is a system of voting. Beyond this I don't understand why anyone would say it isn't a popularity contest. It was very obviously opened to see who was most popular with the fans and it is logistically improbable to suggest they are going to do more than a tally at least for preliminaries given the sheer number of votes etc involved. Sakurai wants to please the maximum number of fans as he can; he always has. The top pick(s) pre Melee, pre Brawl, and pre-4 got in, and I don't buy the argument that Sakurai would ignore the fans for this just for the sake of easier work when we know just how hard he works for the fans; the argument "Wolf will get in because he's easy" does a disservice to the man.

As said, 50 is the highest rating I am comfortable giving out barring some kind of leak, so I still rate Wolf as one of the most probable choices.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Wolf
Chance:98%
Want:100%
Reason:He was a part of my 4 mains in Brawl,consistently high in the ballot

Midna
Chance:0%
Want-1%
Reason:She is an assist trophy,and I would not like her as much as other characters releasing for the ballot(Isaac,K.Rool,and the Inklings)

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
The Ness/Lucas stuff has been discussed above, so I feel our main disagreement is on what importance popularity has in the ballot.

Which I begin by pointing out to you that the very definition of a ballot is a system of voting. Beyond this I don't understand why anyone would say it isn't a popularity contest. It was very obviously opened to see who was most popular with the fans and it is logistically improbable to suggest they are going to do more than a tally at least for preliminaries given the sheer number of votes etc involved. Sakurai wants to please the maximum number of fans as he can; he always has. The top pick(s) pre Melee, pre Brawl, and pre-4 got in, and I don't buy the argument that Sakurai would ignore the fans for this just for the sake of easier work when we know just how hard he works for the fans; the argument "Wolf will get in because he's easy" does a disservice to the man.

As said, 50 is the highest rating I am comfortable giving out barring some kind of leak, so I still rate Wolf as one of the most probable choices.
I think the very fact that on the Smash Ballot it's defined that they will take into consideration

If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter!
as opposed to "The most highly requested characters will make it in". We could get 10 million legitimate votes for a Calculator to become a Smash character but the Ballot isn't a free pass to ignore standard Smash Criteria. Also to note is that this Ballot unlike a regular election does not have predefined voting options, they want suggestions essentially and out of a combination of various factors including popularity will they make a decision.

Sakurai does lots of stuff because its quick and easy. He threw in Doc, Lucina and Dark Pit that way with them originally them being skins but because he wanted to tweak a few properties they couldn't be skins. Doc of course being notable due to the fact he was a Melee Vet that was started as a Skin and not as a returning character. Wolf has plenty of things going for him *plus* the fact he would be easier from a development stand point and not solely because he was quick and easy, no-one is suggesting that at all.

From your original post that I saw on the last page I don't recall you saying 50% was the highest minus leaks a baseline, as I commended someone else who clearly stated that in their 50% explanation for Wolf.

Wolf

Chance: 50%

You read that right. Wolf may be a popular veteran with an already established moveset that can easily be ported over from Brawl (and he is neither owned by flipping Konami nor plagued by technical issues), I'm not entirely certain of his return. In fact, I can't give anyone without any concrete evidence above 50%.
And yours

Wolf:

50 / 50 Chance / Want

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I think the very fact that on the Smash Ballot it's defined that they will take into consideration

as opposed to "The most highly requested characters will make it in". We could get 10 million legitimate votes for a Calculator to become a Smash character but the Ballot isn't a free pass to ignore standard Smash Criteria. Also to note is that this Ballot unlike a regular election does not have predefined voting options, they want suggestions essentially and out of a combination of various factors including popularity will they make a decision.

Sakurai does lots of stuff because its quick and easy. He threw in Doc, Lucina and Dark Pit that way with them originally them being skins but because he wanted to tweak a few properties they couldn't be skins. Doc of course being notable due to the fact he was a Melee Vet that was started as a Skin and not as a returning character. Wolf has plenty of things going for him *plus* the fact he would be easier from a development stand point and not solely because he was quick and easy, no-one is suggesting that at all.

From your original post that I saw on the last page I don't recall you saying 50% was the highest minus leaks a baseline, as I commended someone else who clearly stated that in their 50% explanation for Wolf.

And yours
I stated clearly I wasn't comfortable giving higher than a 50 in the post you initially quoted. I did not explicitly mention leaks though.

As for Lucina, DP and so on, these are Sakurai adding last minute characters easy to make to buff up the entire roster when there wasn't time to add a fully fledged new character. Its fanservice, not laziness, and is entirely different to choosing them over a fully fledged new character when they presumably have time for both.

As for the ballot, I feel you're just picking at obvious disclaimers so that they wouldn't be adding ridiculous characters.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wolf:

Chance: 60%
Want: 25%

Wolf And Solo Midna:

Chance: 13%
Want: 2%

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt For Ryu x3
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x1
Saffron City(N64) x1

Logo12

Smash Lord
Just a big big article-post-thing about Wolf chances and "problems":

Veteran Status
1. Japanese community loves veterans.
I suppose this is almost trivial by now. Japanese love veterans, and in polls, they easily dominate the top few.
Lucas 7.90%
Wolf 7.70%
Snake 6.00%
Ice Climbers 5.10%
Roy 4.20%
Pichu 3.00%
King K Rool 3.00%
If something like this is what Sakurai has for the base concept of who's more popular, veterans obviously get an advantage.

Out of these (with Mewtwo taken off from account since he's confirmed at that point), Lucas, Wolf, and Snake is the top 3 mentions when it comes to who to come back. Now Lucas is back, Snake is constantly referenced as "cut for maturity issues"
2. Veterans has a developed fanbase in Smash
This is basically the same point as above, but this is not restricted to Japan. Sometimes the popularity of the character in Smash alone can already outweigh other matters such as the future of the character, which Wolf of course has. This already has been proven by the addition of Roy and Lucas.

Also while this may not apply to those who only have ever played Smash 4, revealing a veteran definitely can appeal to fans.
3. Veterans have a predefined moveset
Like said by many, these characters already have much of the assets in the earlier installments. While developing is not about just dragging the animation from here to there, otherwise Wolf would've made it in the initial roster. What I'm referring is: He has all the designs ready. Other than a potential new character outfit, he pretty much everything in the older games. His moveset, taunts, victory animation, physics, etc. And reanimating/reprogramming them accordingly isn't a big problem. At least there's less time needed to plan new animations, and even if Wolf needs a few change here and there, he doesn't need an entire moveset replan.
Clone Status
4. Wolf is not a clone (not even semi-clone), no matter what you say.
Several researches and statistics and even video proof has proved this: Wolf act VERY differently from Fox and Falco. He is not even close to be a semi-clone.

5. Even if it's true, that's even better!
Like point three, if you have a cloned move (Be it Falco's Bair or Fox's custom Wolf Flash) in this game, you don't actually even need to make the animation! Just changing the hitbox, knockback, whatever property it is, and you already have the said move done. Wolf don't really have much of those, but that's definitely a plus if you still claim Wolf is a clone.
Preballot Over?
Who said that? Sakurai? Nope, he never actually did:
"これからは、あくまでサービスだ"
The most talked topic of the day, one of the thing that makes everyone think Wolf has lost his chance, the other two being PushDustIn and Etika.
Yes, it's "service" till the end. So you tell me Mewtwo Lucas Roy wasn't service at all?
The statement, “From now until the end” indicates that the characters we receive in the future will be directly influenced by the Fighter Ballot. This is because Sakurai went out of his way to explain that Lucas, Roy and Ryu were developed before the ballot was created. ~SourceGaming​
Yeah, that's a fact right?
The following is my opinion: ~Paragraph name​
...oh.
So it's rather obvious for now, this is what PushDustIn THINKS will happen, and does not reflect the truth. Furthermore, this is just some "indication", we don't even know if Sakurai ever meant it, or if he lies, or whatever.

Well, if we want the truth, why don't see the Japanese react on this?
6. It's not necessarily perceived this way
Earlier I've sent this in response of PushDustIn's source of the column:
Logo12 said:
Okay, so I went to some Japanese forumy thing, and I suppose they interpreted the sentence in your way so... Yeah :|
Well, what I actually saw is, one out of hundreds of people asked "So the characters will be based on ballots now?". I don't see any reply to this, but apparently no one actually cared about that point.
7. The focus of the line
Apparently, when PushDustIn translated the term "fan service", he already know it's vague as hell. Yes it's confirmed by 3 translator, or 1 more including me. But apparently, this term wasn't even mentioned in Japan threads.
upload_2015-8-4_23-10-27.png

Yet, this is the highlight of every single piece of news around the Western World.

I mean, even the title of this thread is this:
桜井「スマブラのキャラ配信はあと数体で終わる」​
"Sakurai: Smash will end after a few more characters revealed"

Also let's take a look at the comments:
今度は投稿拳の結果で決まったキャラか​
This time it will be the character decided from the results of the ballot, right?

And this is the only guy I found talking about ballot characters. Wait, actually no:
ウルフ+投稿拳の人気キャラ3体くらいかな​
I wonder if it's gonna be something like Wolf + around three popular votes from the ballot.
And here goes the next point:
8. Wolf have NO chance drop in Japan
While the news is a huge alarm to the Western community, Japan was STILL expecting Wolf to be DLC. Not just simple "expect", but "almost guaranteed". As in "shoe-in", like what you guys used to call Wolf for.

There are already several posts that Wolf is listed "Certain", "Almost Certain", "Entering is a matter of time" in the threads, Miiverse, whatever source found.

And no, Japan is not blind about the news. They have read the article (or at least the summary) with full understanding, and those were the replies. They have a more clear understanding of us. They did not freak out about Wolf's chance. Then, what are we even doing?

----
In short, Wolf has nothing hurt from the article. No native readers of the original article took this as "pre-ballot over". And even if it did everyone still thinks Wolf has the highest chance, if not to support them.
Popularity
Almost missed this point. As said above, yes, the Japanese highly supports Wolf and thinks he's very likely. What about in this community?
Reddit1: 8th
Smashboards: 7th
Reddit2: 5th
Sourcegaming: 3rd
Reddit3: 6th
SSB4Dojo: 4th
Wolf sits in the top 10, or ~3-8th in the polls (interestingly we have 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th placing on these data). When we merge these data together, we get Wolf being in 5th. Not a high number, but there's obvious high demand in here as well.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well... Here I am.

Abstaining from Minda.

Wolf Chances: 75%

He's already got a moveset, support, and relevance. Following a pattern of DLC characters, Wolf is the next likeliest Vet. Character. This is assuming, of course, that Sakurai wants any more veterans.

Wolf Want: 100%

I played the character very little in Brawl, but I have a lot of nostalgia for Star Fox 64. With a new voice actor, I'd be able to enjoy a classic/modern Wolf O'Donnell, and all his fans would too.

Nomination: Professor Layton X5

Laniv

Smash Champion
Wolf:

Chance: 76%
A highly requested veteran

Want: 100%
I was initially neutral on Wolf, but he grew on me.

Midna:

Chance: 0%
Assist Trophy.

Want: 60%
Not my most wanted, but I suppose she'd be cool.

Nominate King Boo x 5

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
Wolf

92.5% Chances

He's got a lot of things going for him. He's a veteran from Brawl, has a huge following & one of the most voted in the Smash polls. Not to mention the upcoming Star Fox game in November.

100% Want

Most of the characters that were cut from the next Smash game was because they were clones. Wolf is a semi-clone though. And his Forward Smash is fun.

I cannot see Midna in Smash however, nor do I really want her so I'll just give a 4% on the chance & 30% want

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Wolf
Chance- 82%
Lowering it a bit as more time has passed and Wolf has yet to be seen. How many more characters are left? Can we really be so sure he'll be one of them?
I personally think he will be due to his international popularity and veteran status with no apparent issues, but I can't help but feel that many of these ratings are too high.
Want- 90%
Just because. I hope he's back, and hope that somehow the Landmaster is gone. (not counting on it...)

Midna
Chance- 0.5%
Assist trophy with not enough support to move her up. Pretty similar rating to all of her fellow compatriots.
Want- 28%
I like Midna, and I'd actually prefer her without Wolf Link. But… I'd prefer a Zelda character with a more reoccurring role. Her time has come and passed, sadly.

Porky Predictions- 6%
Guile's Theme- 4%
Nominations:

Balloon Fighter x5

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Wolf
CHANCE 99%
WANT 100%
One of the best characters from Brawl
Only a development mistake could leave outside of the game.

Midna
CHANCE 0%
WANT 0%
FILLER CHARACTER AND ASSIST TROPHY

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Wolf
Chance: 70%
Want: 70%
For Chance, he's requested and a veteran, but wasn't introduced along with the other vets.

For Want
He is cool, but too much vets might make this DLC a snorefest.
Still, a very cool character that didn't deserve the cut.

Midna's Chance is 0 bcuz AT and Want is 10 percent for possibly bringing an actual wolf.

I have nothing to nominate right now, and I don't wanna bother people with rerates of characters whose chances haven't changed or outright unwanted/impossible characters (because I could nominate Cap'n Cuttlefish and Pidgey Obama's Elf)
So until I found something to nominate:

Porky: 4.6%
Guile's Theme: 3.6%

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem rep x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Wolf:

Chance:71%
He still has a good shot but it's looking clear that pre ballot is done.
Of course

Midna:

Chance:0.1%
Assist trophy
Want:60%
I do like her character.

Porky Prediction: 2.56%
Guile's Theme Prediction: 3.56%

Nominate Additional All Star Stages x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Does that mean the concept of DLC stages being eligible to appear in All-Star mode? If I'm right then I'm pretty sure it's already confirmed, as I'm sure I've fought on Dream Land 64 on Al-Star mode.
I mean an additional 8th and 9th round since data of those were found and considering that one stage can only hold a max of ten characters.

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
Wolf:

Chance: 100%
A highly requested veteran out of all of them that aren't in the game

Has been my most highly request character for a while now.

Midna:

Chance/Want: 0%
Already an Assist Trophy, nuff said.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Wolf
Chance: 72%
I actually get to rate a character over 5%? Wow. Well, he's definitely the most requested veteran at the moment, Star Fox Zero coming out soon, no real in-game role, etc. That's all great. The main reason my score lies at a 72% and not a 99.99999% is because I tend to be a realist when I look at things. We're four characters in and haven't heard anything of Wolf, and who's to say we won't only get two more characters from here on out? I hope we get more of course, but I'd rather not get too ahead of myself in assuming things. Then we get to the fact that we've had three DLC veterans, and Sakurai might think that's enough. Every time a new Smash game after Melee is released we get thrown for a loop on who was cut. In Brawl it was Mewtwo, and in Smash 4 it was Ice Climbers. The reason I bring this up is because the same thing could happen through DLC in that we might not get that one veteran everyone is expecting. While I still think his chances are above average and that he still might be saved for when Star Fox Zero is closer to release to serve as a cross promotion, I wouldn't be surprised if we just didn't get him for whatever reason. So I'll give Star Fox's rival a solid 72%, which is an 18% drop from my original rating.
Hopefully we will get at least one more veteran for DLC...

Want: 70%
Same rating as last time. I really only want him for his fans since it must be really difficult for them to go through this time period. I never used Wolf much myself, but I would be more than happy to see him return for his fans. I also can't help but feel that Star Fox is underrepresented anyway after losing its main rival along with a new Star Fox game coming up.

Solo Midna
Chance: 0.2%
Back to rating characters under 1%, I see. Midna is an Assist Trophy and, like Ghirahim, doesn't represent enough of the Zelda franchise to warrant a playable slot. I'll give the Twilight Princess a small score of 0.2%.
She's probably even less likely without Wolf Link...

Want: 7%
She's cool, but I still think Midna is fine as an Assist Trophy.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I would like to point out that there are two clean 100% chance ratings in play and they haven't been called out on.

You can make a case for Wolf given his different position compared to the last times it's happened, but still, he's not confirmed yet and the 100% ratings are there.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Wolf chances = 75% (very likely)

IN MY OPINION

idk about midna tho so I will leave everyone else to vote that

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I would like to point out that there are two clean 100% chance ratings in play and they haven't been called out on.

You can make a case for Wolf given his different position compared to the last times it's happened, but still, he's not confirmed yet and the 100% ratings are there.
It at least makes sense in Wolf's case...besides the same can be said for all the 0's Midna's getting but yet that isn't being brought up at all...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Seriously, though, aren't all the zeroes and 100s jumping to conclusions a little? After following this game all the way through, after seeing all the curveballs Sakurai and his team threw at us, do you really want to say a character is an absolute, unquestioned guarantee or that a different character (that meets the criteria, anyway) can't possibly happen?

I mean, personally, I don't think they'll repurpose any ATs into playable characters this time around, but I'm not going to act like it's impossible.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It at least makes sense in Wolf's case...besides the same can be said for all the 0's Midna's getting but yet that isn't being brought up at all...
Here's the problem.

The entire thread slammed one single user for rating 100% chance on both Geno's and Isaac's days, so the fact that TWO users are freely rating Wolf 100% chance without any opposition is indicative of some sort of favoritism.

Wolf is a very popular demand and has points in his favor, yes, but you have to notice the blatant contradiction here.

And in the case of Midna, we have no precedent for AT's ascending to playable as DLC yet. When it happens, we eat our words and rerate carefully. Until then, zeroes away.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Here's the problem.

The entire thread slammed one single user for rating 100% chance on both Geno's and Isaac's days, so the fact that TWO users are freely rating Wolf 100% chance without any opposition is indicative of some sort of favoritism.

Wolf is a very popular demand and has points in his favor, yes, but you have to notice the blatant contradiction here.

And in the case of Midna, we have no precedent for AT's ascending to playable as DLC yet. When it happens, we eat our words and rerate carefully. Until then, zeroes away.
I'm just going to say that the main reason I called that person out on Isaac's day is when I learned the reason why they rated 100%. When I saw their rating at first glance, I just rolled my eyes and kept scrolling. When I learned the 100% rating was really to nullify people's lower votes who were voting honestly, it rubbed me the wrong way because it defeated the purpose of the game.

If the two 100% chance ratings for Wolf are what the raters really feel his chances are, I don't have much of a problem with it. Sure I disagree completely, but as long as they really feel there's no chance Wolf won't get added as DLC and not purposely throwing a 100% rating out there to skew the final average I don't see any reason to make a big deal over it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's the problem.

Send me an official source that says Assists WON'T become DLC...until then there's no reason to think otherwise....0% ratings are just as irrational as 100% ratings, especially since most 0% ratings are paired with very low want ratings...this argument goes both ways...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wolf:

Chance: 85%

A highly requested veteran. Nuff said.

Love me some Star Fox and I found him more enjoyable that Falco.

Midna:

Chance: 2%
Minimal ballot support and Assist Trophy unlike the other Zelda runner ups.

Want: 60%
Like the last time, she's an interesting Zelda character and I can enjoy her in any form (with or without Wolf Link).

Nominate Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I think voting any % is fine as long as you've justified yourself. Half of the votes have like one sentence at best which is nonsense. If you can provide an explanation that can at least provide basis for how legitimate a rating is.

Top Bottom