• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Troykv

Smash Master
Hades:

Chance: 12%

I will give him a inferior chance rate than Medusa because she has "veteranism" and is more iconic in general, still almost anything that applies with Medusa, also with Hades.

Want: 50%

I'm okay with him

Lloyd:

Chance: 5%

He is a Namco Character (this already helps) relativaly popular from "Tales of" Series, one of the fews games that is primordially in Nintendo Consoles.

Want: 50%

I'm okay with him.

Predictions: Adeleine and Concept: All Veteran Return

Adeleine Chance: 4.5%
Concept Chance: 7.6%

Nominations:

Rerate!Micaiah x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 3%
Finally a third party character not owned or associated with Square Enix or Disney...Either way the Tales series has it's claim to fame and Lloyd Irving being one of the more popular characters from that series. And seeing as it is a part of Namco who's already involved in Smash it isn't too unrealistic for this to happen...Except for the fact that Irving has barely any support, and with the likes of Soul Calibur and Tekken (the latter with content already in Smash) as well as Dig Dug being a possible retro third party pick, Lloyd's got a bit of competition....And that's assuming that Namco will even get a second representative, because as it seems right now they may not...

----

Want: 5%
Lloyd Irving to me is one of those characters that seems to be placed randomly within fan made Smash games along side the likes of Goku and Sora...I certainly won't miss him if he never happens, and if he does...well wutevs...

----

Hades

Chance: 7%
Chances are pretty much on par with Medusa. Kid Icarus characters aren't getting a lot of support because of this guy:4darkpit:...Dark Pit pretty much left a sour taste in everyone's mouths...Whatever support another Kid Icarus character gets is pretty much split between Hades, Medusa, and Viridi...And with the sh*ttone of content Kid Icarus has recieved so far it is unlikely that another Playable character will be added...and if he wants to make the fans 'happy' then he probably should avoid doing so until the next game...

----

Want: 0%
Kid Icarus characters aren't getting a lot of support because of this guy:4darkpit:...Dark Pit pretty much left a sour taste in everyone's mouths
I'm one of those people by the way...also I'd much much rather Medusa anyways if we did get another KI character...

----

Prediction:
Adeleine: 4.9%
too much competition with the likes of Bandana Dee and Magolor, while Dark Matter pretty much sucking up any scraps left behind...

All Cut Veterans Returning: 1.2%
I hope people realize how unrealistic this is now...there are just too many issues between all of them for it to be worth Sakurai's and the dev team's time trying to make it happen despite how many smash fans would appreciate getting their old mains back...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
Concept: New Metroid Prime stage x2

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hades:
Chance: 29%
Hades is the main villain of Kid Icarus: Uprising, a game Sakurai shows a lot of love to in Smash but I don't think he's all that likely. Medusa has appeared in more KI games and is basically the main villain even though she may not be the final boss much like Ridley. Hades has big competition in Medusa and the fact that he isn't requested that much tied in with the fact that I don't think Sakurai will put in 4 KI reps.
Want: 40%
Don't really mind Hades. I would only like him in Smash after Medusa and if he has the comedic sense of humor from Uprising.

Lloyd Irving:
Chance: 4%
Lloyd Irving is a third party character but he is a Namco character. They made the game so he has better chances plus there isn't much Namco competition for Smash. Still unlikely.
Want: 78%
I like Lloyd Irving though I've never played Tales of Symphonia. I like the idea of a dual sword wielder.

Predictions:
Adeleine: 3%
Veteran Concept: 7.8%

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh 5x

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Hades
Chance 7%
Want 5%

Lloyd
Chance 3%
Want 1%

Predictions

Adeleine 4%
All Veterans returning concept 2%

Nominations
Smash 5 has a 10 year wait cycle x 5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hades
Chance 2%
Another ki character seems unlikely no matter how bias Sakurai may seem.
Want 30%
Hades is Awesome

Lloyd
Chance 0%
Want 0%

Predictions
The most pointlessly loved Kirby character who never did anything to lead her to being liked 4%
All veterans returning 3%

Nominate Baby Mario (with or without Baby Luigi) x5

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Hades
Chance: 10%
Want: 25%
He seems sassy, so I'm game.

Lloyd
Chance: 1%
Want: 1%
Was never really a fan of the Tales games (other then Eternia) and just don't see Namco using up their second spot on him.

Adeleine
Prediction: 2%

All Vets returning
Prediction: 10%

andimidna

Smash Master
Oh Hades nice these are always the best days
I'm not rating tho
Kinda forgot these 2 existed lel

Predictions
All vets...
So this includes a separate Young Link as well as Ice Climbers and Snake...
3.8%
Thatd be cool I guess but how about new ppl instead lol
Adeleileinene or whatever
I'd take it over Mr. Orange blob but nah
1.2%

X5 Corrin
What? They havent been rated yet?
Probably wont be here for it tho, going to spain tomorrow
Also doesnt the name Kamui fit the character way better?
Hm

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hades

Being the main villain of KI: Uprising (and ultimately the true antongist of the entire Kid Icarus series), Hades definitely has the strong villain status going for him, especially with the current Smash Bros needing some more villains. He could be another sort of magic-based moveset combined with some physical attacks here and there (at least, going off my knowledge from the final battle), so he does have some potential for some uniqueness. Unfortunately, he has to compete with characters like Medusa and Viridi for the fourth Kid Icarus slot. There's also the amount of over-repreresentation of KI:Uprising in Smash Bros already (as I explained back when I rated Viridi and Medusa), so many Smashers are already getting annoyed of the possibility of more Sakurai bias kicking with the inclusion of another Kid Icarus character.

Want: 35%

I'd prefer seeing Medusa get in over him, though I do admit I love his humorous personality. It would be amusing hearing this guy talk in Smash Bros.

Lloyd Irving

Lloyd is one of the most iconic characters from the popular Tales series. Coming from Namco, he could work for a potential second Namco rep. He could also be unique with the ability to yield two swords at once. Unfortunately, he has been receiving very little Smash Ballot support to the point his chances of an inclusion into the roster isn't likely.

Want: Abstain

I haven't played the Tales series to the point I can accurately say whether or not I support him, but I do like the music from the games and wouldn't mind hearing them in Smash Bros if Lloyd got in.

Predictions:

Adeleine (Kirby): 2.35%
All veterans returning: 6.03%

Nominations:

Gallade (Pokemon): x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sorry, I'm tried right now, so I'm gonna keep it short...

Hades:
Chance: 9%
See Viridi and Medusa arguments
Lloyd:
Chance: 1%
See arguments for any third party characters we've hit.
Predictions:
Adeline: 2.5%
All Vets: 7.7%

Nom: Classic mode x5

D

Deleted member

Lloyd

Chances : 7%

Want : 57%

Pretty cool character in Smash Flash 2, even though i know little of his home series

Hades

Chances : 12%

Want : 97%

Noms

Gallade x5

Prediction

Adeleine 5.00%

All vets come back 2.45%

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
MOAR Kid Icarus: abstain

-----

Lloyd chances: 0.32%
Owned by Namco, but Tales isn't really on par with the third-party series with playable representation when it comes to its influence. If anything he could become a Mii costume if Heihachi is any indication. Only way I could see him happening is if Smash becomes wide open to third-party series owned by Capcom/Namco/Sega, but I don't see it happening.

Lloyd want: 0%
No connection with him, and the fact he's a non-"legendary" third-party sword wielder is enough to turn me off.

-----

Adeleine prediction: 1.42%
For what I believe she's pretty anecdotal in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the Kirby series as a whole.

All cut characters returning prediction: 13.40%
There will be hopefuls.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x10
Sorry guys, but I'm going full force nominating Rayman with my extra noms today :p

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hades:
Chances: 10% The real big bad of Kid Icarus, rather likable character, but in a overrepped franchise that I'm sure even Sakurai will stay away from for now, especially since his aim is to please us, which includes the people who wholeheartedly believe in reps like me.

Want: 0 % I really like Hades a lot as a character, but I really dislike the idea of Kid Icarus getting any more reps. I really don't think Kid Icarus is lucky to have what it has now, it doesn't need to expand at all, in fact you can argue to downsize it, but I'm not a fan of cutting things, so I'd rather we just not add any more to it for a few games. It would greatly puffle my jigglies if he were to get in as of now.

TLDR: MUH REPS. That's what you guys call it right?:laugh:

Lloyd:

Chances: 3% I don't think Namco will get a second rep, but if it does I'd imagine it would be Klonoa instead.
Want: 0% I have no connection to this character and at this point I'd honestly rather have notable first party characters like Waddle Dee and K.Rool get in first.

Predictions: Adeleine: 4% I really hope she gets higher...
All cuts return: 7%
Nominations: Unpopular DLC Newcomer x 5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hades Chances: 9%

Sakurai's depiction of the Greek God of the Underworld is just as memorable, comedic and villainous as the Disney incarnation, and one that is easily acquirable for use in Super Smash Bros. Sadly, Hades getting a spot in the Smash Bros line-up so far comes down to the characters Kid Icarus has so far - quite a number compared to the other franchises.

Want: 17%
Hades would be a pretty neat addition to the Smash Bros series, but I don't see him happening this time around. (But what I want by Smash 5 is that everyone can finally stop hating Kid Icarus once we get King K. Rool and Isaac.)

Abstain from Lloyd.

Nominations: Isaac (Golden Sun) X5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Now wait just a second.

--

Hades
(Fun fact: I pulled that color from Hades' official art...and its code actually has 666 in it! Seriously!)

Chance: 6.66% 5.5%
Oh, who invited you? The king of the Underworld is one of the most memorable characters in Kid Icarus Uprising despite his entire existence being hidden from you until a third of the way into the game! A stellar example of a villain you love to hate, in no small part to some masterful writing and voice acting, but how far can that carry him toward a Smash inclusion?

Hades' problem is the same as Medusa's: the fans' outrage toward "Sakurai bias" makes it that much harder for him to catch on and gain support. Take that, and add the fact that his support base is actually a little smaller than Medusa's.

I don't care how many souls your try to desecrate, buddy. Nothing short of the Wish Seed that you claim exists will give you a notable chance now.

Want: 30%
Eh, I guess he could be interesting if pulled off well enough. It helps that he'd near-automatically be one of the hammiest characters on the roster.

Lloyd Irving

Chance: 8%
Also known as one of the other characters people speculated about to represent Namco when we found out they were collaborating for Smash 4. Hailing from Tales of Symphonia (and its sequel), Lloyd has his share of fans and had decent support up until Pac-Man squashed them.

With Ryu possibly opening the door for a second Namco character, though, maybe Lloyd has a shot. It depends on if the possibility is even there, if his support base can get going again, and if he--and the Tales series overall--is considered iconic enough to fit in amongst Nintendo's all stars.

If the answers to all of those are "yes", though? Lloyd has the moveset potential to have a pretty decent chance.

After some research, I actually wouldn't mind him. He may be another swordfighter, but he dual-wields them, something we haven't seen in Smash yet. Mix in a surprising amount of Artes, some of which he can combine for combo attacks, and you'd have a pretty interesting character.

Still pales in comparison to several other characters, though.

Adeleine Prediction: 5.75%
A minor Kirby character who hasn't been in the spotlight for a while, but she has enough fans to keep her ratings from dipping into the lowest of the low.

Prediction for the Concept of All Veterans Returning: 4.75%
Hoo boy. I don't need precognitive powers or a flame-induced trance to tell this won't end well.

Nominations: Delphox x5

Last edited:
Hades
Want: 0% (no more KI characters)

Lloyd
Chance: 3%

Adeleine prediction: 2%

All cuts return prediction: 8%

Nominations: Agumon 5x

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hades:
Chance: 8%
The fans love him

Want: 20%
And I don't care

:4villager: Side B:
With Sakurai considering Pac-Man a Namco-hybrid, and Pac-Man being all arcade based, I have a feeling he won't be Namco's second rep

Dual-wielding.
If Ganon(dorf) can't do it, we must resort to a third-party for that I guess.

Adeleine: 3.2%
All veterans returning: 2.3%

Nabbit x5

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Lloyd

He's a Namco character with a good history on Nintendo consoles, and is from a series that is fairly prominent in Japan and does okay in the U.S. However, there's a lot of competition in his wake, and I don't think we'll see more 3rd party characters, outside of Snake.

Want: 95%

I can live without Lloyd in the game, but my god I'd love his inclusion. ToS is one of my favorite games ever, and Lloyd as a character was a very refreshing break from the angsty drama queens who crowded most Japanese RPG protagonist roles in the early to mid-2000s.

Hades

Despite the salt over Dark Pit's last minute entry, most people seem to understand that he was exactly that: A last minute entry that didn't take a lot of resources. What's more, Hades seems to have at least some presence on most Smash polls, and fits most criteria Sakurai has stated for a newcomer.

Want: 100%

Hades would probably make my top 3 most wanted characters for Smash. His taunts alone would make him worth playing.

Nominee

Star Man (From the wrestling game) x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
HADES:
CHANCE: 5%
Kid Icarus again. The game has been well represented and there's little you can add at this point without screams of Sakurai bias. So I don't see him adding him, plus the fact that the lots of KI content has honestly put a damper on the ballot support.

WANT: 10%
Well, he's a particularly hammy villain who is quite well written and entertaining, but I'd prefer other franchises to get characters.​

LLOYD IRVING:

CHANCE: 4%
He's far below Pac-Man in terms of popularity and being known in general, even if he may be Namco's most likely 2nd character. It's an uphill battle, even more so because of the ballot.

WANT: 35%
I'm mildly interested.
:231:

Hade
Chance 0%
another KI character. One who may be dead forever. Based on dmash taking place AFTER uprising things get complicated.

Want 60%
I changed this at least three times. On the one hand you can never have enough hades talking. On the other i really cant think of a moveset for him that would be unique.

Also not viridi

Lloyd
Chance 0%
3rd party but not super iconic and doesnt have ballot support

Want abstain
never played a game of his.

Predictions
adeline 3.14% (so much inflation)
all vets returning 5%

Noms
next smash has new director 5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I will see you suffer as I have suffered....your soul is mine!

...wrong Hades.

Chances: 5%

The issue with Hades and Medusa is that while people may see Fire Emblem as biased, Kid Icarus bias beats it by much longer, and extends to a lot of the core mechanics and even menu designs. With that in mind, I doubt Sakurai would want to include another character, either because of the aforementioned reason or because he feels this series' representation is "complete", per se, with the protagonist, co-protagonist and villain turned hero.

Also, the "dead in their own series" argument, rarely as it may be used, doesn't apply to fighting games. Wesker is dead and in MVC3, for instance. Kratos is dead and in Mortal Kombat 9, Ridley(barring clones) is dead and requested for Smash...you get the drill.

Want: 70%

I want other franchises to get newcomers first, but a hammy villain in Smash? Yes.

Lloyd Irving

Double abstain

I have no idea who this is.

Predictions:

Adeline: 4.5%
All vets returning: 7%

Nominate: Delphox x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Hades
Chance:
5%

The same amount as Medusa. Hades is the real villain of Uprising and is by far one of the most praised characters of that game (and for good reasons, he a hammy villain with amazing dialogue).
But in terms of the ballot, Medusa is an obstacle and ballot support is limited because people don't really want Kid Icarus characters.
Overall, I say his chances are pretty low.

Want: 666% 100%
He's the only Kid Icarus character that I wouldn't say no to. He's an amazing villain and playing as him would be incredible.

Lloyd
Chance:
1%

In the off chance Sakurai wants to give Namco another character like he did for Capcom with Ryu and Lloyd is his choice.
Nothing against him, I just rather have other characters.

Adeline Prediction: 1.33%
I sense some tension on this day.
All Veterans Returning Prediction: 4.29%
This is a fantasy that will never happen.

Nominations: Young Link 5x

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Hades

Chance - 0.45% - Hades was the break-out villain of the franchise that almost everyone loves, even if it's in the "love to hate" kind of way. While Medusa may have been the classic villain, Hades pretty much blew her away like dust. However, the lack of support for a new Kid Icarus character badly hurts his chances.

Want - 45% - While I won't mind him as much as Medusa, I'd rather wait for another Kid Icarus game for someone new.

Lloyd

Chance - 0.1% - Maybe if Namco gets another character, but I don't see him happening any time soon.

Want - 10% - Eh. Many more interesting things out there.

Predictions

Adeline - 2.45% - Some over inflation.

All Veterans Returning - 1.67% - Oh boy...

Nominations

Secondary Ballot X5

D

Deleted member

Hades:
Whoops wrond Hades.......
that's the right one!
Chance:6.66 4.34%
Sakubias blah blah blah Uprising's true villain blah blah blah you know the drill.

Want:15%
Only because he is hilarious.
---------------

Lloyd:
Chance:3%
I personally think he's a better choice than klonoa (tough that's not saying much).

Want:0%
When it comes to third parties, the only ones i want are:
-Simon Belmont
-Bomberman
-maybe Rayman,Solid Snake,Dr Eggman(just for laughs) and the Black Mage.
---------------

Predictions:
Adeleine:1.23%
She's basically Kirby's Geno.

All veterans Returning:3.43%
If People are already questioning Wolf's chances,what makes you think anyone else would do better?
----------------
Nominations:
Tetris stage X5

Last edited by a moderator:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Hades Chance: 10%
Take everything said about Medusa and apply it here. Fans just don't want any more Kid Icarus content.

Hades Want: 0%
Like I said, no more KI content please.

----------

Lloyd's Chance: 25%
Ryu got in despite being a third-party character from a company already included in the game, so I see nothing banning his inclusion. With that said, it seems fan support has drastically fallen since Pac-Man inclusion, so I don't think he has the ballot support to get in.

Lloyd's Want: 40%
I'm not too familiar with him, but I'm all for having more new worlds included in the game. Of course, using a sword does knock off some points for him.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Hades:

Chance: 12%
Again, fans are sick of Kid Icarus.

Want: 12%
Meh.

Lloyd:

Chance: 40%
Ryu proved that it's possible for a company to get two characters.

Want: 30%
I'd prefer Klonoa.

Prediction for Adeleine: 3% Chance, 15% Want
Prediction for All Veterans Returning: 4% Chance, 100% Want

Nominate Isabelle x 5

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Hades
Chance: 1.5%
This lord of the underworld has minimal ballot support, and by that I mean he isn't even a mid-level contender. Supposedly preferential treatment be damned, I simply cannot envision Sakurai bypassing several requested fighters from the mid-to-high range just to appease only himself and a select few. Too many popular suggestions and severely limited slots strike Hades down.

Want: 80%
He seems like a treasure chest of fun waiting to be opened, although the sea of saltiness towards such an inclusion would be distractingly down-putting. I would have given a higher rating if otherwise, since Hades is one of the more interesting villainous personalities Nintendo has to offer.

Lloyd Irving
Chance: 0.5%
If a legendary fighting game figure such as Heihachi was merely relegated to a DLC Mii costume, what special priveledges would have to be considered for a far lesser-known character from a niche series to be fully playable, a character who also lacks any significant ballot support to even properly register as a non-darkhorse contender? This only reinforces the strict criteria for third-parties.

Anyways, I'm almost dead certain we are not getting anymore pre-ballot third-party characters (I'd argue only the unlikely Snake has an even small measure of a chance), which would be the only viable method left for Lloyd's inclusion. In terms of the actual ballot, if Sakurai is to make a special case for a non-legendary third-party fighter (and I don't consider it remotely likely), Shantae or Shovel Knight stand on better ground, as their noticably massive popularity overwhelms Lloyd's bare-to-the-bones one.

Even though I would enjoy the incorporation of the ToS soundtrack into a DLC stage and a dual-swordwielding play-style, it's not nearly enough for me to get behind Lloyd. Especially since at one point in time, he was a vastly overrated character whose overall importance was too often overexagerrated pre-Pac-Man's reveal, during the Namco third-party fighter debates (he was in several roster predictions back then). Besides, Lloyd's generic design is just too lackluster for me to even invest any form of interest in.

Give me somebody else.

Projections:
Adeliene - 2%
All Veterans Returning - 5%
(It would be outright delusion to even expect this outcome.)

Nominations: No More Characters After Ballot x5

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Hades
Seeing as how a lot of people are sick of Kid Icarus content (Don't see how) most people aren't voting for him. Then there's also how Medusa might get in over him due to being more important to the franchise.

Want: 90%
This character is hilarious and seeing him in the final fight against him, he would seem to have a fun moveset. While I prefer more characters, I would love to see Hades make an appearance in this game playable.

Lloyd
More 3rd parties to go up against, and i'm not entirely sure just how popular he is.

Haven't played his game or series yet, so I can't have an opinion on him.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Hades
Chance- 4%
Too many competitors, and doesn't have ballot support. But he was important in Uprising so…. maybe?
Want- 50%
We don't really need to see him playable this time around…
But man, I would sure like to hear that voice!

Lloyd
Chance- 4%
Being from a company that already has a third party rep would seem to be a good thing, not a bad one. A bit higher than most third parties for that, but I still don't think Nintendo will see reason to ask for him.
Want- 10%
Maybe a little interest. But I just don't care that much, to be honest

Adeleine Predictions- 2.5%
All Returning Veterans Predictions- 6%
Nominations:

Porky x3
New Star Fox Character revealed around Star Fox Wii U release x2

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hades Chance:
15%
I'll keep it brief for this guy.

Hades is one of the most loved Nintendo villains of all time, who's the main villain of the game Kid Icarus: Uprising. Among the biggest competitor for a 4th Kid Icarus character, having a bigger role than Medusa and Viridi in the game. With to his appeal and Sakurai's attachment to the KI franchise with its content (which means he likely won't care how the fans react to him), I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to get in as pre-ballot. If he got in the game, I could see him being added as a semi-clone of Ganondorf, among one of the most suitable for clone material even though it may not seem like it.

Lloyd Irving Chance:
20%
Among one of the top candidates for a Namco character. (He was more voted than Pac-Man pre-Smash 4 too.) TBH, I thought I would be giving him a low rating, but after remembering that the producer for "Tales Of" wanting one of their characters to be in Smash, I can't really give less than 10%. With Namco Bandai next to Sakurai ready to ask for the
rights of Lloyd and him being the most voted Namco ballot character I seen, I see him having a slightly better shot than
some of the third-parties suggested here.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Hades Chance:
15%
I'll keep it brief for this guy.

Hades is one of the most loved Nintendo villains of all time, who's the main villain of the game Kid Icarus: Uprising. Among the biggest competitor for a 4th Kid Icarus character, having a bigger role than Medusa and Viridi in the game. With to his appeal and Sakurai's attachment to the KI franchise with its content (which means he likely won't care how the fans react to him), I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to get in as pre-ballot. If he got in the game, I could see him being added as a semi-clone of Ganondorf, among one of the most suitable for clone material even though it may not seem like it.

Lloyd Irving Chance:
20%
Among one of the top candidates for a Namco character. (He was more voted than Pac-Man pre-Smash 4 too.) TBH, I thought I would be giving him a low rating, but after remembering that the producer for "Tales Of" wanting one of their characters to be in Smash, I can't really give less than 10%. With Namco Bandai next to Sakurai ready to ask for the
rights of Lloyd and him being the most voted Namco ballot character I seen, I see him having a slightly better shot than
some of the third-parties suggested here.
Did you forget the want percentages or did you abstain?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Hades:

Chance: 6%

He's a fairly popular Kid Icarus character although Medusa is probably more likely.

Want:50%

Lloyd Irving:

24% Chance.

Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. Which helped the the Tales series get a bit of popularity outside of Japan. It also helps that the non Free Run Tales games linear motion battle system is very similar to Smash in terms of special attacks. Also the producer was pushing to put a Tales character in the game. A barrier in lloyd's way is that he doesn't seem to be that high up on the ballot according to the survey's here, and on Reddit. The only site with a poll for you voted for which has Lloyd on top is on Op Rainfall's site.

http://operationrainfall.com/2015/04/11/the-great-super-smash-bros-election-we-need-your-votes/

My most wanted DLC character besides K Rool.

Prediction

All Returning Veterans returning: 2.1% Very unlikely after I read a certain article about two certain ****** children

Adeleine: 1.8%

Nominate Mother 3 Stage x5.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Hades' chances: 5%

Same score as Medusa. I'd say they're both fighting for a Kid Icarus newcomer spot that most likely won't exist, even with Sakurai's bias.

I'm honestly not a big fan of him. I prefer him to Medusa, but then I prefer the rest of the main Uprising cast to him. I don't think he'd be that interesting of a fighter either.

Lloyd Irving's chances: 10%

Probably the most likely second character from Namco Bandai, but just because Capcom got two characters doesn't mean other third party companies will.

Want: 10%

Don't have zero interest, but would prefer other characters from Namco Bandai if we had to have a second.

All Returning veterans prediction: 3.49%
Adeleine prediction: 2.68%

Nominations: Mallo x15!

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I have to make this short.

Hades
Chance: 2%
Want: 45%

Lloyd Irving:
Chance: 2%

Predictions:
All vets: 5.50%

Nominations:
Gardevoir x5

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hades

Chances: 30%

Same rating as Medusa. While the Queen have a veteran statut in the series (and a higher moveset potential IMO), Hades does have his importance in the last game. Plus the popularity.

Want: 60%
I don't want him, but I'm not against, I would still gladly play him if he get in before Medusa.
I'll still worship the sideboob, though! :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have to make this short again since I have a date tonight. So sorry for the lack of proper descriptions.

Hades
Chance: 7%
Want: 25%

Lloyd Irving:

Predictions:
All vets: 5.50%

Nominations:
Corrin x5

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Lioyd:
Chance: 25% for some reason people love this kid. i will never understand it.
want: 0% one of he few characters that would actually irritate me to see in. a incredibly generic and annoying protagonist throughout most of his game, there are several more unique and beloved tales of characters.(one thing americans don't seem to understand is that in the country where tales of is most successful lioyd is considered nothing to notable or special.) only namco character with a chance i'd be willing to accept would be klonoa, really(though digdug would be funny)

Hades
chance: 3% he's a kid icarus character, people don't want them anymore and he falls slightly behind medusa there.
want: 3% don't really want anymore kid icarus in this game and if there had to be one i think medusa would fit a playable role better than him and i'd greatly prefer him. that said he isn't necessarily a bad character at all.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Hades
Chance: 3.5%
I've already explained before that I think Sakurai is content with the amount of Kid Icarus content he put in the game. I can't imagine a new Kid Icarus character representative being added for DLC. I'll give the Lord of the Underworld a small score of 3.5%.
Maybe we'll get a new Kid Icarus character next time around...

Want: 15%
He's cool, but there are other characters from Kid Icarus that I would rather see before him.

Lloyd Irving
Chance: 0.9%
With one third party already added as DLC, that makes all other 3rd party candidates less likely. I don't have much to add on this one. I'll give the main character of Tale of Symphonia A rating of only 0.9%.
I'd be a little surprised if he managed to make his way onto the roster...

Want: 1.2%
I'd still rather see more first parties get a chance at DLC.

Nominations:
x5 Unpopular DLC Character

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Hades
Chances: 10%
He seems to be a popular choice in the ballot, though I don't think Kid Icarus is going to get another character. It's such a small series to begin with. If anything it's at close to being somewhat close to what the Pikmin series is. It's a small B-tier series for Nintendo, I don't care if Sakurai is the director but, it doesn't need anyone else. Not to mention he is an assist trophy.

I'm not much of a fan of Kid Icarus but I do appreciate the content it has in the game already. I love what they've done with Palutena in Smash the reason why I don't want another Kid Icarus characteris because of Dark Pit. Dark Pit kind of ruined the want of me not wanting another KI rep in Smash. If anything I would've loved to see Viridi and Phosphora, but I think we all know why they aren't going to happen.

Llyod Irving
Chances: 15%
Okay since Ryu pretty much opens floodgates and proved that the one character per third party company rule is now pretty much bogus, I can see Namco getting a second rep. However, I don't think they're going to do anyone one from their more modern franchises like the Tales Of series. Namco so far only made references to their retro and classic franchises. Though doesn't Tales Of have one sone in the music section in Smash Wii U? Maybe they'll put in Llyod though I don't see him happening even if Namco really wants to get a second character. To be honest I can see them doing another classic retro hero, the question is who is the second best retro character after PacMan for Namco to go to is the question. I can also see Tales of x Super Smash Bros as Mii costumes and Llyod ends up being one of them...that's the only way I can see him getting in just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't, I know he was a popular choice as a Namco candidate during preSmash 4 but his popularity definetly dwindled since PacMan's reveal and he barley has any support in the ballot. The Tales Of series has a so what cult following with Nintendo fans but I don't think it's going to be enough.

I've played Tales of Symphonia pretty late in life, I got it during 2005 and played a good number of hours with it. I don't think that this one exclusive game should be the reason why he should be in. There's tons of other third parties that have mascots that have more history with Nintendo than Llyod or the Tales Of series as whole does. I in all honesty don't care I would not cry at all if he doesn't get in...I actually want him far away from Smash as much as possible so please Sakurai whatever you and your unpredictable self do, do not put him in, if anything if you want Tales Of represented just give us the music from it and I'll be happy with just their music. Besides there's other third partied I'd like to see over him or any Tales Of character.

All Vets Returning: 15%
Wolf, Snake and the Ice Climbers are really the only vets I care about at this point. Why do I have a feeling that this day is not going to be pretty?

Adeleine Prediction: 5%

Nomination: Concept- Regular Trophies becoming DLC Characters

Last edited:
Top Bottom