• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS
Chance- 1.5%
+ Monolith Soft
~ Namco Bandai
--- Playstation
--- Low Demand

Want- 5%
Ehh.

Predictions- 29%
Nominations:

Crono x5

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
Some of these posts are very disappointing to me, and I don't even really care very much about this character personally, but I've seen this trend in past ratings. It seems like a lot of you are just going, "I don't know this character, so 0%", or something to that effect. Or in some cases it's, "I don't care about this character, and so I'm going to rate them 5%, because I only really want [insert character I actually care about here] to get in the game." As if rating them lower or higher here, had any effect on whether any of these characters actually got into the game. I know these aren't the only reasons for these low ratings, but please try to remember, this is all for fun. I assume, and correct me if I'm wrong, but most of us are here to see if the characters we personally like, are also liked by everyone else. You all seem to use your want score as the final say as to whether the characters you don't like or care about should get in, when it should be more like, "is this character at all interesting to you?" "If this character were added, do you think you would play them?" "Does this character seem like a character that would work well in smash?". Stop looking at every character you don't like as though they are want is stopping your preferred character from getting in, it just makes everyone who really does care about that character feel bad, because it looks like everyone hates the character. If your rating is going to be affected by the chances of a completely different unrelated character, then give your rating as if the character you want was already in the game. Remember, no matter who the character is, someone here really wants them to get in the game. The character will always be someone's dream character.

I hope that didn't offend anyone, it's just that I feel like some of these ratings aren't really being fair. I do not want to start any sort of conflict.

On to my own ratings.

KOS-MOS
Chance: 5%
Doesn't seem too likely.

Want: 55%
The character actually seems pretty interesting, and looks to have a lot of move set potential which is good.

Prediction: Abstain
I don't know much about Rhythm Heaven, so I'll have to look into it.

Nominate:
x3 Isaac (Binding of Isaac)
x1 Flying Man
x1 4th Mii fighter type

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
WAN-DA
Chance: 1%
Besides what others have said already, the're a lot of Namco characters that could be put in first.

Dig-Dug as the other arcade beauty, Klonoa as the insert-cool-description-here-guy Yoshi-gesundheit as fighting game guy, the rest of the Tekken cast, the entire cast of Pac-Man's Up Taunt (MAPPEEEEH) and every Pac-Man character before PMWorld (because ew not arcade)

Want: 1%
Ew not arcade but cool partner to Shulk.

Rhytm (Curse you English language) Heaven Rap:
67%

Monita x5

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Chance:2%
First off, she's owned by Namco. That'll lower a chance score a lot.
Secondly, her trilogy was a complete disaster. While her first game has gotten positive reviews, her second game was a complete wreck and her third game was just...mediocre. It left a bitter feeling in many people's mouth, and until the release of Xenoblade, Monolith Soft was frowned upon by many Japanese gamers as this pathetic excuse of a RPG developer that Nintendo "wasn't right in the head to accquire". (Though there was a small fanbase built by the old Xenogears and the Baiten Kaithos games)

Xenosaga is pretty much this wreck of a game. Though KOS-MOS herself is fairly popular, mind you, with plenty of cameos to other games. But the game she starred in is dismissed by most, and I don't see Monolith going back to work on it. Yes, Tekken's Harada as shown some interest in the franchise, but he already stated that he'd have the original staff work on it before anything else, and I don't think Iwata would be happy for their precious darling Monolith to work on this HD remake of some old obscure and poorly done game, even if it manages to be WiiU exclusive. They would probably just work on a new game entirely.

Want :10%
I like her design, but I would rather have Luke (Tales of the Abyss) be the second Namco rep if there is one, and I already don't want that too much.

Rhythm Heaven rep predictions: 55%

Nominations: Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

+ Xeno series, like Shulk
+ Project X Zone and Namco X Capcom
- Is owned by Namco-Bandai and not Nintendo (let's put it simply like that)
- Has a lot of other Namco-Bandai concurrence (Dig-Dug who's really popular, Klonoa who already got Smashified by Artsy Omni, Valkyrie who is more recognizable, etc...)
- Namco-Bandai already has its own third-party rep (Pac-Man).

Want: 40% (If I were to choose a second Namco-Bandai rep, it would be Klonoa, but If I had to choose a female rep for Namco-Bandai, I'll choose Valkyrie... But I wouldn't be against KOS-MOS, she'd probably be a nice addition)

RH rep: Abstain (don't know much about the series. I've had some of their trophies on Sm4sh 3DS and Wii U, but that's about all. The fact that I, a Nintendo fan who mostly play the Wii, don't know about it also kind of proof that it isn't THAT much popular, despite being 1st-party)

Nominations: (Daisy and :roymelee:/:roypm: are already nominated or leaked respectively so...) (:172:/:pichumelee: is already nominated)
Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite Kid Icarus character)
Prince Fluff (:4kirby:/:kirby2:/:kirbymelee:/:kirby64: Epic Yarn) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite :kirby64:/:kirbymelee:/:kirby2:/:4kirby: character)
Emolga (Pokemon Black/White) (Playable newcomer) (One of my favorite pokemons... Plus, I needed someone to counter :4greninja:'s appearance, by having someone else from another recent generation)
:snake: (Metal Gear Solid) (Returning veteran) (My Brawl main, re-ratable, I missed his day)
King Boo (:4luigi:/:luigi2:/:luigimelee:/:luigi64:'s Mansion and many :4mario:/:mario2:/:mariomelee:/:mario64: spin-offs) (playable newcomer or stage boss on :luigi64:/:luigimelee:/:luigi2:/:4luigi:'s Mansion stage) (my second favorite character from the :mario64:/:mariomelee:/:mario2:/:4mario: series. Second only to the great Daisy)
Same exact nominations EVERY TIME UNTIL ONE OF THEM GETS ITS DAY! (I will then choose another character instead of the one who got its day)

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Kos Mos

Want: 5%

Prediction:
RH chracter: 40%

Nomination: Bayonetta x 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
KOS-MOS:
CHANCE: 2%
WANT: 0%

KOS-MOS comes from Namco's Xenosaga series, which is Xenoblade's spiritual predecessor. Not being an iconic 3rd party already downs her chances, and Namco has more famous characters to offer, such as Tekken characters, now that Ryu has opened up the possibility.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Xenosaga, so I cannot give her any want. I'm sorry.

RHYTHM HEAVEN CHARACTER: 27%

ASHLEY FROM WARIOWARE X 5

:231:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
RH rep: Abstain (don't know much about the series. I've had some of their trophies on Sm4sh 3DS and Wii U, but that's about all. The fact that I, a Nintendo fan who mostly play the Wii, don't know about it also kind of proof that it isn't THAT much popular, despite being 1st-party)
Rhythm Heaven is very popular in Japan btw...just because you (one person) hasn't heard of the game doesn't mean it isn't a popular franchise...How many people heard of Earthbound, Fire Emblem or Xenoblade outside of Japan before their characters were introduced to Smash?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Rhythm Heaven is very popular in Japan btw...just because you (one person) hasn't heard of the game doesn't mean it isn't a popular franchise...How many people heard of Earthbound, Fire Emblem or Xenoblade outside of Japan before their characters were introduced to Smash?
True, but my claim only apply to recent games (Wii and/or 3DS games) who went outside of Japan. If RH isn't very known outside of Japan, then there's not much support coming from outside of Japan... And I doubt having only Japanese people voting for it in the ballot give it enough chance to be in (so, technically, you've just given me a bit of information here... perhaps enough for a prediction? Nah, still not).

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS

Chance - 0.05% - The only real reason I'm giving her as much as this is due to her series being a spiritual prequel for our current XenoBlade series. I'm fairly certain that Nintendo is going to have more concerns with other characters. Namco is also likely to try and suggest some other retro icon, or someone who they could promote more.

Want - 20% - Could be interesting I suppose, but already think Namco is getting enough favoritism in this game. I'd rather not get another character.

Rhythm Heaven Character Prediction - 39.73% - A real mixed bag. Some will almost certainly look towards Gemastu for this one.

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Kos-Mos
Chance: 0%
-Third party
-Mostly Playstation
-Relatively unknown
-Nowhere close to the levele of Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man
-Slightly eh eh eh design
-Barely any ballot support

Want: 0%
I don't want this. Shulk is enough. This character looks lame. No thanks.

Rhythm Heaven Character Concept Prediction: 45%

Nominations:
9-Volt x5

Laniv

Smash Champion
KOS-MOS

Chance: 3%
After a bit of digging, she's a Namco character from the predecessor to Xenoblade that's has very little connection to Nintendo.

Want: 15%
Nah.

Prediction of Rhythm Heaven character: 45% Chance, 85% Want

Nominate Chibi-Robo x 5

xenosaga wiki said:
Kevin built KOS-MOS for the purpose of "Eternal Recurrence", for the vessel of Mary Magdalene, the partner of Jesus Christ.
what the hell is this game. . .

Chance 5%
other than third party shenanigans and being primarily a playstation charcter she is pretty niche. she gets a few bonus points for being from the series that spawned xenoblade and from potentially being in project treasure (somehow)
she loses major points however from being extremely unknown (so no ballot support) and the previously mentioned 3rd party shenanigans.

want 35% she doesnt look half bad to be honest. I would much prefer another blade character (melia or even fiora) bu she doesnt look half bad.

prediction 23%

noms
viridi 2
ganon 2
4th mii class

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Cosmo

Chance: 0.3%
Remember that whole "Certain video game characters have to appear on a Nintendo console to atleaat get a shot in Smash, Robo-girl never been on a Nintendo system and neither did her series. I feel like she got some push for a big while because Monolith Soft worked on the games and they are with Nintendo now but here's the problem;

Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON, AREN'T EVEN THE SLIGHTEST RELATED IN STORY OR SETTING AND ARE OWNED BY 3 DIFFERENT COMPANIES.

Want: Abstain

Nominations:
Advance Wars rep x3
Jack Frost
Medusa

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
KOS-MOS, COS-MOS:
Chances: 2%
She's a (for all intents and purposes) Sony-exclusive third party, and that would almost immediately disqualify her. The ballot, combined with her status as a spiritual predecessor to Xenoblade really is the only chance that I see her having. However, I don't exactly see the overwhelming support for her that I would personally qualify as adequate for overcoming her sony-3rd-party-ness.
0% for sony exclusive, +5% for ballot and connection to a Nintendo(?) IP, -3% for perceived lack of needed support
Want: 15%
There are worse choices, but there are plenty of better ones, especially from Namco.

Speaking of a music themed rep,
Rhythm Heaven Rep prediction: 37%

Nomination:
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x5

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
KOS-MOS
Chance: 1.5%
Don't have time to give an explanation right now. Maybe later.

Want: 50%

Prediction:
Rhythm Heaven character: 46%

Nomination:
Crash Bandicoot [x5]

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS chances: 0.36%
The fact she's an obscure third-party character mostly associated with the Playstation hurts her a lot, but she has a few things going for her. Monolith Soft and Namco respectively created and own the charecter, with the former already having Shulk in Smash Bros. and the later developing SSB4. Plus KOS-MOS tends to appear in a lot of spin-offs involving Namco; the situation is similar with Ryu who appears in pretty much every spin-off involving Capcom, and is apparently on the way as DLC after that Mega Man managed to be in the base game. But the difference of fame and iconicness between KOS-MOS and Ryu is huge, as the later can justify his place in Smash Bros. for his legacy for Nintendo and gaming as a whole, while KOS-MOS... eh... being third-party is always going to be a huge issue to any character to get into Smash Bros. whose standards for non-Nintendo characters to get in are really high, though there's still the possibility of an exception happening (considering all the "rules" that were broken sometimes... though I think this one will be the hardest to break).

KOS-MOS want: 0.04%
I have no connection with her series or any spin-off she ever appeared in, I think she's far from the standards required for non-Nintendo characters to get into Smash Bros. which I don't really want to become wide open to third-parties, and I overall have no reason to want her. The fact she doesn't have a vocal fanbase that would have turned me off from her (contrary to a few other characters I won't mention here) makes me kind enough to not give her a flat zero in want.

Rhythm Heaven character prediction: 37.91%
I have a feeling the chances scores will be somewhat polarizing.

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x3
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x2

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Don't have a lot to say here.

Chance: 0.5%.

Want: 0%.

Beast Ganon 5x

Rhythm Heaven character prediction: 40%

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
KOS-MOS

I see that she has a next to impossible chance of featuring in Smash. Exclusive to Sony, series has ended plus it ended prematurely having projected six games out of which only 3 were made. The only chance she has is that she is still sort of a mascot and part of the game to which Xenoblade was the spiritual sequel. Although she is probably appearing in "Project Treasure" so I don't really see why she would be in Smash. Even another certain character from Xenoblade has a greater chance, albeit not much.

Want: 5%
I am indifferent to her. Sure her design is nice and she was a favourite character from her series but she really doesn't belong in Nintendo nor is she a gaming legend like Snake. I do want to try out her games though but sadly I will have to give her a low rating.

Prediction:
Rhythm Heaven Character: 31.4159%

Nominations:
Abel (SMT: Devil Survivor) or other SMT Character x 5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I feel as if I've upset some people by using how much deserving something is as a argument. Firstly, I'd like to apologize if I managed to hurt anyone's feelings. But secondly, how is "deservance" a unfair argument? I don't understand what makes how deserving something is offensive or a terrible argument, I find it to be a completely valid point. For example, if Character A has 200,000 fans and Character B has 50,000 fans, would it be fair for say, the fans of character A if Character B got in, and their pick was shafted? In a perfect world, everybody's favorite would be in smash bros, but sadly, this world isn't perfect, and so it's impossible for everyone to be happy. So, what's wrong with my belief that Nintendo should mainly cater to the Majority and have as few exceptions as possible to that rule, to give happiness to the most people possible? Once again, I ask, how is my argument unfair?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
KOS-MOS
Chance: 1.3%
I doubt she'll get in on account of not being important enough to Nintendo's history. This is a Nintendo all-star game after all, and I don't think Sakurai will see her as playable material for Nintendo's fighting game. I'll give Xenosaga's android a score of 1.3%.
She'd be a surprising addition; that's for sure...

Want: 2.4%
I don't care for her inclusion. I don't really know what else to say.

Prediction - Rhythm Heaven Character: 20.4%

Nominations:
x5 Toon Zelda

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I'll bring it up again since it could happen in a day or three;

is anyone else interested in rating Cross as a Double Day on the same day that we do Elma?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

is anyone else interested in rating Cross as a Double Day on the same day that we do Elma?
Yeah, it only makes sense. Rating them both on separate days would be redundant because their chances aren't much different from each other in my opinion.

Troykv

Smash Master

Yeah, I think is a very good idea, they are a similar case to Squirtle and Ivysaur... Characters in the (almost) EXACTLY SAME circumstances.

Edit: I don't have very super spectacular words to say xD... I put the rate now.

____

KOS-MOS

Chance: 10%

Maybe I'm a give a little bit more high rate than she actually could "deserves" but anyway... The circumstances in which she is are somewhat... weird to say the least... It belongs to a niche series, which mostly went for Play Station series. But also, this character is popular... Or gives me that idea, considering that Kos-Mos have been used in various crossovers and cameos. Also, she is was create by Monolith Soft... And also, her actual owners (Bandai Namco) are related with this Smash... Obviously it is not a likely character, but just give her a better rate because the curious status.

Want: 70%

I honestly didn't know the character until recently, but honestly what little I've seen has made me interested.

Prediction: Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character

Chance: 30%
Want: 45%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I feel as if I've upset some people by using how much deserving something is as a argument. Firstly, I'd like to apologize if I managed to hurt anyone's feelings. But secondly, how is "deservance" a unfair argument? I don't understand what makes how deserving something is offensive or a terrible argument, I find it to be a completely valid point. For example, if Character A has 200,000 fans and Character B has 50,000 fans, would it be fair for say, the fans of character A if Character B got in, and their pick was shafted? In a perfect world, everybody's favorite would be in smash bros, but sadly, this world isn't perfect, and so it's impossible for everyone to be happy. So, what's wrong with my belief that Nintendo should mainly cater to the Majority and have as few exceptions as possible to that rule, to give happiness to the most people possible? Once again, I ask, how is my argument unfair?
I feel like it doesn't see the full picture. The thing is, at this point in Smash, we have over 50 characters and counting. While in previous games there were a lot of no-brainer additions, now it's more important than ever for a character to stand out.

Think of it this way. Going off your example, Character A has 200,000 fans and character B has...let's say 125,000. Let's say both characters make it into Smash. Character A, although more popular at first, tends toward a moveset that feels pretty similar to a couple characters that are already in Smash. As such, the character doesn't gain that many fans beyond those they already have...let's say around 30,000. Meanwhile, Character B brings something entirely their own to the series, a brand new moveset and a playstyle no other character can match, and because of it they capture the minds of a significant amount of the fanbase because of how unique they are. Where Character A only gained 30,000 fans, they gain another 150,000.

Suddenly, Character B is more popular. When the next Smash game came along, Character B might be considered the "more deserving" one.

I admit I'm spitballing, but remember how much everyone freaked out every time a newcomer got revealed? Regardless of how popular they already were, the more interesting it looked like a character was to play, the more hype spread because the character was so interesting. They ended up bringing something more to the games and the fans still went crazy over them, even despite any arguments that other characters "deserved" it more.

As far as I can tell, that's win-win.

And that is why I think that argument is so misguided.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I feel like the biggest thing about roster in Smash is that one feature that hurts:

The franchises that they can work with are limited as hell. It's one the arguments casual fans bring up is that they choosing from the 'bottom of the barrel' to make it work.

That's not to say that there's isn't any characters to work with, I can name 10 that would work and fit within Nintendo's world of fighters. It's a problem where they have to rely on more third party characters because theirs are so limited.

That's why I'm loving the new IPs Nintendo is pumping out like W101, Splatoon and Codename Steam. We need more new blood instead of relying on the past. There are a few franchises to work with but we need more of that new era style to it. Because I'm scared that we are getting to the point where we have support the idea of Koopa Troopa as a fighter or Ravio.

That scares me

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ PK_Wonder PK_Wonder Sounds good to me.

Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Ryu: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Squirtle: 15%
Ivysaur: 15%
Professor Layton: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Tetra: 15%
Daisy: 10%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Lip: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Ninten: 1%
Simon Belmont: 1%
Phoenix Wright: 1%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Geno: 0.5%
Spyro: 0.5%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
DLC Custom Moves: 50%
DLC Music Packs: 30%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Lip: 70%
Simon Belmont: 60%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Professor Layton: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Squirtle: 40%
Magolor: 40%
Ryu: 35%
Tetra: 30%
Phoenix Wright: 25%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Ivysaur: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Ninten: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Spyro: 0%
Daisy: 0%
Geno: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%
DLC Custom Moves: 5%
DLC Music Packs: 0%

KOS-MOS chances: 0.5%

Little known third party that has little to do with Nintendo. There are far more likely Namco characters if the company even got a second character.

Honestly doesn't seem like a strong third party choice to me.

Rhythm Heaven Character prediction: 32.85%

I think the scores will be all over the place here.

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So, we're doing KOS-MOS. So that's pronounced Caus-Moce? Koce-Moce? Kus-Mus? Kaws-Maws?

xenosaga wiki said:
Kevin built KOS-MOS for the purpose of "Eternal Recurrence", for the vessel of Mary Magdalene, the partner of Jesus Christ.
what the hell is this game. . .
How about awesome!? Seriously, that sound anime as ****!

It's partially shown, but not to the point where only stickers hide the nipples, it's not that bad. :p
Just use her Xenosaga I design to minimize the bewbage. All you need to censor is tuck up or cover the under cleavage and you're good. Given that this is her most consistent incarnation (which is even used in Namco x Capcom & Project X Zone), it would be the most recognizable to most people for a character as obscure as her.

Character Chance Ratings

1: Ryu - 97.7%
1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Professor Layton - 90%

4: Rayman - 60%
5: Snake - 55%
6: Inkling - 50%
7: Sceptile - 45%
7: Krystal - 45%
8: Paper Mario: 44.5%

9: Dixie Kong - 43%
10: Wonder Red - 40%
11: Impa - 40.5%
12: Simon Belmont - 35%
13: Ice Climbers - 30%

13: Captain Toad - 30%
14: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

15: Magolor - 25%
16: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
17: Spyro - 25.3%
18: Ivysaur - 23.7%
19: Squirtle - 22.5%
20: Quote - 21.5%
21: Phoenix Wright - 20%
21: Shovel Knight - 20%
22: Shantae - 20.5%
23: Tetra - 20.3%

24: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
25: Lip - 10.5%
26: Geno - 7%
27: KOS-MOS - 5%
27: Ray - 5%
27: Pichu - 5%
28: Daisy - 5.7%
29: Ridley - 5.5%

Character Want Ratings

1: Professor Layton - 100%
1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Simon Belmont - 90.5%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Ryu - 60%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Phoenix Wright - 55%
12: Ridley - 50%
13: Inkling - 30%
14: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

15: Rayman - 25%
16: Quote - 23%

17: Krystal - 20%
17: Dixie Kong - 20%
18: Tetra - 20.5%

19: Squirtle - 10.7%
19: Ivysaur - 10.7%
20: Geno - 10.5%
20: Roy - 10.5%
21: Spyro - 7%
22: Lip - 5.7%

23: Captain Toad - 5.5%
24: Ray - 4.5%
25: KOS-MOS - 3%

26: Pichu - 1%
26: Daisy - 1%

Concept Chance Ratings
1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 90.5%
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%
3: DLC Music Packs - 50.5%
-: Rhythm Heaven Character - ?.?%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 100%
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: DLC Music Packs - 65%
3: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%
-: Rhythm Heaven Character - ?.?%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

Ninten

RATINGS

KOS-MOS

Chance - 5%:
Hoh boy, it's Namco's Little Miss Poster Girl. I have fleeting familiarity with Xenosaga through the second game and the first few episodes of the animated series.

The smidgen of positive factors she has is that Monolith Soft developed the entire Xenosaga incarnation of the Xeno series. They happen to be very involved in Smash since Brawl and Shulk, hailing from spiritual succesor Xenoblade, got into the final roster for Smash 4.

Other than this, it's a straight-up downhill slog! She comes from an extremely obscure, ill-fated cult classic franchise that has more to do with Playstation than Nintendo. Not even the DS remakes of Xenosagas I & II make up for it with their Japan exclusivity. Her Ballot support is so miniscule that it doesn't even take a centimeter-wide sliver of the pie.

Want - 3%: Yeah, while she does have an allure of exoticness to her, there are just too many other characters with more ballot traction and support to pass up this one character who pretty much gets naught by the crossover treatment by Namco. She leaves a sour taste in most people's mouths, really. I will say this though. My curiosity is really piqued with the intellectual nature of the religious and philosophical themes of the Xenosaga series that I'd be willing to give it a playthrough. Or for efficiency's sake, watch the animated series with erred caution for comparison against the games. That's right up my alley.

I mean, she has enough moveset potential going for her with her arsenal of firearms and melee weapons to materialize along with bewb & abdomen lasers!

Typically, I wouldn't even bother nominating a character like her who, frankly, is surrounded by too many detractors to even be worthy of discussing. I guess there's always room for surprises and it's always good to judge a character on individual merits. But this just feels like ones of those days where someone voted up their dream character just to expose to the masses.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I have a couple dream characters that I know are just about virtually impossible. Like, I really enjoyed Azure Striker Gunvolt, so seeing Gunvolt realized in Smash Bros. would be a wet dream made perpetual! I know Inti Creates is promoting the **** out of him for the ballot. However, I acknowledge how little he appeals to others to even be worth campaigning for, especially with other indies. If you really want to go left field, I secretly want Spelunker from Spelunky because he'd be such a damn awesome character to play as in the Smash environment (and his game is amazing!) But I know it'd be extremely delusional to support him with how he pertains to Nintendo.

PREDICTION

Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character

Chance: 65.74%
Want: 56.39%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: Smash 5 has 10 Year Wait Cycle x2
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x2
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x1
[/quote]

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Prediction
Kos-Mos
10% Chance
2% Want
Nomination
I would like to nominate
Silver the HedgehogX2(Sonic the Hedgehog),
Knuckles the EchidnaX2(Sonic the Hedgehog), and
Nightmare(Soul Calibur)

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

I am sure everyone has been awaiting my post. First off, I want to say that I am DEEPLY disappointed in you lot. Seriously, these ratings are by a bunch of babies. Oh, you do not know the character; let us give her a 0% chance. Are you guys out of your mind? This is going to be a long post addressing the issues I see here. I invite you to check out the thread in my signature, because most stuff I say will be from it.

1) KOS-MOS is a well-known character. The reason I suggested she could get in smash is that Namco puts her in ever crossover. Smash bros is a crossover and she would be perfect in the game. The nonsense that I see in posts here such as "oh she is a sony rep, she has no chance" OH REALLY? No, KOS-MOS has been in many Nintendo crossovers.

Why do I not recognize her? KOS-MOS is from the Xenosaga JRPG series on ps2 that released in Japan and North America. Europeans only got the second episode. You likely don't know who she is because Xenosaga needs more popularity worldwide. You might recognize her from Project X Zone, Mugen no frontier: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga, Namco X Capcom, cameos in tales games, and even as a CAS in the soul calibur series.

A few examples include: Project X zone (She appears in this 3ds crossover game), Mugen no frontier super robot taisen OG saga (She appears in this ds namco game) She also has one of her own main series games on DS in Japan (Xenosaga I and II). Sadly, they have never been localized. KOS-MOS is also set to appear in Project Treasure by Katsuhiro Harada. It is an exclusive Wii U game and it will help her chances greatly.

Did you just read what I said? Yes, an EXCLUSIVE Wii U game. We may as well screw Bayonetta's chances. Oh, and did I mention Project X Zone 2? I can see her back in that.

POPULARITY: KOS-MOS has a whole figure line dedicated to herself in Japan and is popular over there in general. Yes, people may have not heard of her because she is from a game that was released long ago, but that does not mean you should screw her chances. In NA, KOS-MOS is not that popular because not many people played the games she is in. Xenosaga never bombed, and I cannot believe I have to read such nonsense in a thread I have been following for a long while. I don't think I event want to participate in this nomination game anymore. The only part that was bad about Xenosaga was Episode II, because of the different battle system and harder learning curve. Voice actresses were also changed, etc. There were problems and people played it for story. Xenosaga has a tarnished name because of episode II and the series ending at III. Do your research, people. I am honestly baffled.

On her Sexual design: I lol'd. You guys missed Bayonetta or what? Bayonetta also has firearms like KOS-MOS. She should be automatically ruled out! Her version 1 design doesn't show much skin...... and neither does her episode II one....

Ballot votes: I know many people who voted for her. I am not the only person who did it. KOS-MOS is not high in demand, but her chances are much higher than some fighters we previously rated.

2) Chance

KOS-MOS EASILY stands above or below 40-30% chance right now. If she gets her role in Project treasure for Wii U, and appears in Project X zone 2, those chances will go up. I will explain in DETAIL why she has these chances and please for the love of everything holy, please hear me out.

1) KATSUHIRO HARADA. He is developing Project treasure and PREVIOUSLY started the fan movement known as Operation KOS-MOS, which is a fan movement to allow remastering of the Xenosaga trilogy. This petition has nearly 10000 signatures, and is by far the most we ever had for a Xenosaga campaign. Petitions barely breached 1000 the last time. Fans now have the support of Harada, and surely, he is acknowledging those fans by putting her in Project Treasure.

2) Monolith Soft made KOS-MOS. Xenoblade isn't on some high pedestal here and she is not going to count as a xeno rep. She counts as NAMCO because Namco still own the rights to her. However, since Monolith are the original creators and are on NINTENDO now, they can easily team up and skyrocket her chances. There is a future for her in Smash. This is only a THEORY, so please do not get butthurt. Furthermore, if the remaster is on Wii U, It would help a lot.

3) Crossovers. I already explained this above. KOS-MOS is namco's baby and she appears in everything Namco. She is a NAMCO REPRESENTATIVE. Her popularity in Namco is below pacman by a little, o naturally she has many chances in that field.

Just in case you people do not bother checking the link in my sig, I am going to copy paste her abilities here.

4) ABILITIES IN DEPTH

Background: KOS-MOS has a ton of abilities that she can use in Super smash bros. Most of these will be ripped out of the Xenosaga games but also explain how they can function in smash.
KOS-MOS is a dedicated weapon. She has an ABSURD amount of abilities and weapons at her disposal. KOS-MOS is gifted with phenomenal strength and haste as part of her function to fight and destroy the Gnosis. Her body is formed from highly advanced nanomachines that allows her to transform parts of her body (specifically her arms) into various energy projectile and melee weapons. Her body is also able to self-repair and is very durable but not indestructible and she is also sheltered by a force-shield. She also possesses the ability to call various weapons from compressed space.

1) D-TENERITAS: A ball of concentrated Ether energy that she shoots from above her breast level. Once the foe is in the ball of energy, KOS-MOS throws a blade into the ball causing insane amounts of destruction. This is one of her most known abilities alongside her famous X Buster.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqSHUZsKRWo

The following techs can all be seen here for a better look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tQHMAOLiXEM

2) F-GSHOT: Her F-GSHOT is used with two large triple barrel gatling guns. She uses these in dire situations.

3) F-SCYTHE: A very large and very dangerous scythe which, when swung, can destroy enemies with ease.

4) Handgun: Basic handgun that she uses

5) R-BLADE: She changes her arm into a blade to attack.

6) R-CANNON: She turns her arm into a mini-cannon and fires a powerful blast.

7) R-DRAGON: A weapon summoned from compressed space which has three “claws” to it. Used to attack the enemy by grabbing onto them twice before the weapon itself is fired at them as a projectile.

8) R-DRILL: Another weapon summoned from compressed space, it is quite literally a large, hand-held drill which KOS-MOS uses to stab the enemy before using the drill function to drill into them.

9) R-HAMMER: Summoned from compressed space. KOS-MOS takes a somewhat large hammer and smashes her opponent.

10) S-CHAIN: A seemingly Ether based combat ability in which KOS-MOS hovers over the ground and three circles appear in the air and then form a triangle of energy directed towards the enemy. This kills instantly in Xenosaga Episode I if the enemy isn't immune.

11) Tertiary Weapons system: Visible in this image and this one, KOS-MOS' optional weaponry, consisting of two phase transfer cannons.Her Tertiary Weapons System is capable of a range of 130 nanometers and was developed to prevent the worst case scenario from occurring and is capable of destroying an entire armada of Gnosis. When the cannons are fired, a cooling field in the shape of glowing wings is created behind the unit. She does not often use this weapon. It’s seen, at most, three times in the entire saga. This weapon would be overpowered for smash as it can destroy planets.

12) X-BUSTER: A powerful burst of energy beams from her abdomen. Her signature move in the whole series. It also makes a cameo in Tales of the Abyss as an attack for Anise.

13) Dragon Tooth: KOS-MOS calls out a large blade and sweeps the floor in a laser like fashion.

14) Storm Waltz: Pistol and G shots in quick succession

MORE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L4CNimXZ-Lc

KOS-MOS

Chances: 40% max, 30% lowest

KOS-MOS is my most wanted fighter and has been for a long time. DO NOT post that she would not work or AUTOMATIC ZERO because she is not known. You are wrong. She has amazing potential. She has the power to give smash some unique fighters. I ask you to not judge her based on her appearing on Sony first, because by that logic, Bayonetta should not appear because her first game was on xbox and ps3. She is without a doubt a very unique fighter. She boasts an arsenal of weapons and magic. How can people say she would not be good for smash?

Want: 100%

Read everything I said in this post and tell me you would not want her either. BUT, DINAH, SHE'S SO OVERPOWERED FOR SMASH!!!!! Haha, and Ganondorf is the King of Evil but is not that great.

My post ends here. I will quote some people with the remaining hours I have.

Nominations: Fiora X5.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
KOS-MOS

+ Namco-Bandai connection
+ Monolith Soft connection
+ she might have a pretty unique move set

- Not relevant/promotional to either Namco or Monolith Soft
- Not particularly well-known or requested
- Her series has little presence on Nintendo consoles aside from a low impact DS port
- There are other characters that can offer similar move set possibilities (Fiona, for example)

Honestly, the simple matter is I can't see any reason why she would be included.

Yes, she's connected to some companies connected to Smash... but they don't have any particular reason to want KOS-MOS instead of, say, a more iconic Namco character or another Xenoblade character (whether from the original or the sequel). They could pick her, but unless they plan on resurrected Xenosaga, I really don't see any reason for them to do so absent some large fan-demand.

And yes, move set uniqueness is a thing... but there are plenty of more popular characters that could be just as interesting. Moveset uniqueness is definitely a factor that should be considered, but it doesn't make an obscure character a good choice. It hurts characters like Chrom... but there are plenty of highly or reasonably popular characters that have plenty of uniqueness to offer (K Rool and Krystal both have plenty of potential, IMO, for example). They don't need to go that far down the list. So why pick KOS-MOS?

KOS-MOS chances: 0.3%
KOS-MOS want: 5%
I didn't play Xenosaga, and I'd rather they pick any number of other characters. There are plenty of more deserving female characters too.

Nominations:
Young Link x5

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
KOS-MOS
Not very well-known, popular or requested. Also, is a 3rd party. All of that weighs in against her

I am not very familiarized with chracater and her series, so I wouldn't want to see it in a Smash game.

Nominations:
N x5

I wonder how many people didnt do their research specifically after my warning.

Looking back at these responses ive seen a few people even admit they have no knowledge of the franchise. . .

Cant be helped i suppose

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I feel like it doesn't see the full picture. The thing is, at this point in Smash, we have over 50 characters and counting. While in previous games there were a lot of no-brainer additions, now it's more important than ever for a character to stand out.

Think of it this way. Going off your example, Character A has 200,000 fans and character B has...let's say 125,000. Let's say both characters make it into Smash. Character A, although more popular at first, tends toward a moveset that feels pretty similar to a couple characters that are already in Smash. As such, the character doesn't gain that many fans beyond those they already have...let's say around 30,000. Meanwhile, Character B brings something entirely their own to the series, a brand new moveset and a playstyle no other character can match, and because of it they capture the minds of a significant amount of the fanbase because of how unique they are. Where Character A only gained 30,000 fans, they gain another 150,000.

Suddenly, Character B is more popular. When the next Smash game came along, Character B might be considered the "more deserving" one.

I admit I'm spitballing, but remember how much everyone freaked out every time a newcomer got revealed? Regardless of how popular they already were, the more interesting it looked like a character was to play, the more hype spread because the character was so interesting. They ended up bringing something more to the games and the fans still went crazy over them, even despite any arguments that other characters "deserved" it more.

As far as I can tell, that's win-win.

And that is why I think that argument is so misguided.

I have to agree with this statement since that number looks quite huge that more focus is needed on unique fighters.

I feel like the biggest thing about roster in Smash is that one feature that hurts:

The franchises that they can work with are limited as hell. It's one the arguments casual fans bring up is that they choosing from the 'bottom of the barrel' to make it work.

That's not to say that there's isn't any characters to work with, I can name 10 that would work and fit within Nintendo's world of fighters. It's a problem where they have to rely on more third party characters because theirs are so limited.

That's why I'm loving the new IPs Nintendo is pumping out like W101, Splatoon and Codename Steam. We need more new blood instead of relying on the past. There are a few franchises to work with but we need more of that new era style to it. Because I'm scared that we are getting to the point where we have support the idea of Koopa Troopa as a fighter or Ravio.

That scares me

There will always be a good deal of newer franchises included for future smash titles, and they should also explore the past as well to discover candidates that can be turned into unique fighters.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Just re-justifying my low rating for both Chances and Want;
I didn't make a research, but for years I know the core of Xenosaga enough to not being interested to try to play (gameplay and also superficially the story). .. Eventually I already played games with KOS-MOS, which lead me to understand a bit about her too.. And no matter her backstory or her abilities, is not my kind of character...

--And besides, as I said, there's ton of 3rd Party characters more fitting and recognizable than her.. Rayman, Bomberman.. sticking with NAMCO we have Klonoa or Taizo Hori.

Her chances are naturally low, imo. ... Nevermind the Sony label (Crash Bandicoot is a pretty considerable candidate, if you ask me), nevermind her clothing, there much bigger barriers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom