• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Back at this again are we?

RH character

Chance: 67%

Want: 30%

I'd said once, I'll say it again. I still believe that there's not a lot to work with or a character that sticks out to Rhythm Heaven as a whole. The franchise is built on music and quirky minigames and best solution is a stage more so that brings out all that incredible and feel good music and adding the fun filled of that stage.

Making some the characters like Karate Joe, Wrestler and Chorus Freaks like ATs would be just as good IMO. The big thing is that it has zero representation in its music department and that's the true crime

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Rhythm Heaven character:
42% - Chance
I think the series has a good shot; .. Most by being some kind of favorite of Sakurai (if we can use the leftovers and the current RH content in Smash4 as any indication);.. Of course, we have more point to favor with the series still running and being well accepted by the west.

30% - Want
I was super hyped by the Chorus Kids back to the Gematsu Leak days;.. but sadly, I wouldn't be that interested with any other kind of entry coming from this series. But I'd still warm the inclusion. =P

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Chance: 50%
- It seems like someone was planned at one point. They;re a prety fun and popular series, so why not increase its popularity through smash

Want: 95%
- YES! I really want to play these games more and the characters themselves look so interesting, Marshal, Karate Joe, Wrestler and Reporter, etc. It'd be awesome to see them all work together as one :p

Nominations:
Crash Bandicoot x5

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Rhythm Heaven Character
Want- 90%
Chance-70%
Its a very successful game with a lot of characters and is getting a game which boosts popularity
Nominations:
Nightmare(Soul Calibur)
TalimX3(Soul Calibur)
Silver the Hedgehog(Sonic series)

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Most shameful that I've been away for so long. I missed multiple concepts and two characters, AKA Spyro and KOS-MOS. I must be more diligent in the future.

Rhythm Heaven Character Concept

Chance: 60% - We do know that Rhythm Heaven has enemies in Smash Run, a leak saying we'd get Chorus Men, and other factors stating we'd at least see one character. However, before the leak, I didn't see this series heavily requested for character representation. Also, we can see Polar Bears in Smash Run, and I still haven't seen Popo & Nana (please come back though Ice Climbers, I miss you).

Want: 10% - Eh, Rhythm Heaven isn't something I ever heard of before Smash Leaks. The series also seems like it would have to pull a lot of strings just to get a move set for a character. That doesn't mean that it's impossible, I mean, just look at Donkey Kong's Final Smash. That's rhythm based, right?

Predictions: Hmm, another one of those days where we vote and then predict, huh? I'm afraid I'll have to abstain in my predictions.

Nominations:
Meowth X3
Chibi-Robo X2

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
. . . .

Concept: Rhythm Heaven Rep

Chance: 30%
Arguably one of the more popular franchises without a playable rep in the current roster. Especially in Japan. Likely candidates would be Marshal, Rhythm Girl, or Karate Joe...as well as the Chorus Kids a la Gematsu...The games have a lot to work with for a lot of these characters even though none of them really stand out amoung the rest. They could have a GnW style moveset were they just randomly pull a bunch of stuff from the game as well as some funky gameplay mechanics probably increasing damage if timed correctly...

Sure, I guess chances are somewhat decent for someone getting in from the franchise...Though I think it is more likely for the next Smash game to make the base roster, as DLC for a popular Japanese, but not so popular outside of Japan character may not be the best decision ever...

----

Want: 15%
Still not too familiar with Rhythm Heaven myself...I just know that it is a series of musical mini games and such...perhaps the character may appeal to me or perhaps it'll be another character that I'll just ignore like most of the current roster...
I still don't know why this is a concept when we could've rated an actual RH character instead of just an 'in general' case as we most likely will cover these characters eventually thus making this day's rating kinda pointless imo...why not nominate concepts for other franchises too and just make the game go on longer for no reason and make it harder for other people's nominations to get rated? I probably wreak of cynicism right now...

----

Prediction:
Let's go for a Xenoblade Double header for tomorrow! Because I don't really know any of these characters anyways so...two birds one stone! I guess...Though Xenoblade X hasn't been released outside of Japan yet so I'm expecting a lot of 'Abstain: no spoiler plzz'
Elma/Cross-11.5%
9-Volt-9.5%

----

Nominations:
Concept: Metroid Rep x5
Dark Samus x5

trollololooolol....:troll:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Rhythm Heaven Character

Chance: 35%
Blah blah Gematsu blah blah

Anyway, the main problem is that there really isn't a 'main character,' as it were. Each one takes part in a few minigames, and that's about it. Fun enough to work with, but who is important enough for the series. Even thinking about the chorus men, they weren't in the Wii version of the game - but everyone loved the wrestler and reporter ("wubba dubba dubba zat true?" "yeh"). I guess the closest thing you have to a main character is either Marshal (who shows up at the beginning and the credits, with no other role) or the unnamed monkey (who pops up in a few games)

IF we get a character, it'd probably take many of the games into account, sort of like what DHD did with several NES zapper games. And then you could ask, what makes the generic RH character different from DHD?

Now what I wouldn't mind seeing would be an RH stage. It's all about music, so we should have some songs from there, and that would work well on a stage. The series works similarly to WarioWare, so it could use a minigame setup like that (boy people would love that...NOT! Actually, I like the WarioWare stage, so never mind), and then you could get a few of the more prominent RH characters to be stage elements. Frankly, I'd prefer that.
Want: 10%
Now, if we're talking about a RH stage, that's going up to 75%.
Prediction: So who is it gonna be?
Elma: 2.9%
Cross: 2.1%
9-Volt: 4.8%
Nominations:
@ CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica gets the extra nominations for KOS-MOS' day.

Thanks! Sorry, had to do this, it was too perfect

3 votes each to Ghirahim, Waluigi, and DLC Stage Packs. I'll throw the last to Nightmare (Soul Calibur)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Roy C 85% W 30% (opinion has now changed to 0% want)
Ridley C 5% W 70%
Chorus Kiddos C 17% W 10%
Magolor C 23% W 100%
Midna and inferior Star Wolf C 0% W 0%
Ray C 10% W 20%
Tetra C 15% W 40%
Pichu C 45% W 90%
Ryu C 75% W 5%
Daisy C 15% W2%
Ninten C 10% W 30%
Geno C 0.1% W 7%
Squirtle C 50% W 40%
Ivysaur C 40% W 70%
Prof. Clefairy Layton C 3% W 0%
Spy and Pyro : C 7% W 29%
KOS-MOS C 0.5% W 0%
Dlccostumes C 75% W 90%
Music Packs: C 70% W 100%

Rhythm (Why is this word so hard for me to spell?!) Heaven Rep
Chance: 40% There was a planned one, that was eventually scrapped, but it shows how highly likely this is. Rhythm Heaven is the largest nintendo franchise without a rep, so it's very likely to get one.
Want: 50% For fairness's sake alone, it should get a rep. I haven't even played a RH game, but it's apparent they deserve a rep.
Prediction: Female Elmo 13%
Nominations: Dark Matter (Kirby) x 5 As always.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Rhythm Heaven Character:
More likely than not, a rhythm heaven character would only get in by the whim of Sakurai( or if the developers of rhythm heaven requested an inclusion). It's extremely rare to see anybody supporting any character from this series these days.

Want: Chorus Men%
#Chorusmen4smash

Nomination: Sora x 5

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Ba-bam-bum-bum:

Chance: 40%

There are signs that a rhythm heaven character was going to be in, but it isn't the case. Now that DLC is a thing, it's hard to say. If it was scrapped due to 3DS limits, I find it difficult to return. If it is just unprioritized, then it may have a large chance.

Want: 80%

Rhythm heaven would make a unique character.

Predictions:

Elma (Xenoblade X?):
Chance: 3%
Want: 10%

9-Volt:
Chance: 22%
Want: 46%

Nom:

Moonstruck Blossom x2
Homecoming Hijinx x3

Troykv

Smash Master
Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character

Because the scrapped data... I don't know that other thing say xD

Want: 50%

I'm okay with any character

Predictions: Elma & Cross

Chance: 10%
Want: 30%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Rhythm Heaven Character:

It could go either way. Supposedly planned and could promote the next game, but still the competition is too fierce in the ballot.

Want: 70%
This right here is the main problem the Rhythm Heaven supporters tend to face. Sure, we all want to see RH content included in Smash (myself included), but due to the series's lack of a perceived main character, everyone has his or her personal choice for newcomer. At least for me, my top picks would be either Marshal or the Wrestler just for the lulz. From what I've seen, the RH characters supported are the Chorus Kids, Marshal, the girl, the Wrestler, Karate Joe, the Wandering Samurai and the monkey. In the end, we just want to see at least one of those make it to the roster, but everyone has their personal tastes, so while there are some I'd like to see there are also others whom I'm still not convinced yet.

Nominations:
Monita x5

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
『Made in Rhythm Heaven』:
Chance: 90%
Almost a shoo-in. Almost.
Chorus Kids is not the only (or best, tbh) option for a rep, with Marshal and 'Rhythm Girl'(?) both being an easy (both in design and CPU/GPU needed) vehicle for the mini-games to be represented through, so any argument about 3DS limitations is null and void, as well as the "No Main Character" argument. With a new game coming out, even if it ends up being Japan-only, they're still contemporary and relevant (being Nintendo's only music-based franchise). RH has also received minor representation in smash already, so Sakurai and Co. are by no means unaware of it. It also is, as far as I know, well received both in Japan and internationally. Gematsu also created a ton of exposure for RH, so even if it didn't get a rep, other people became aware of it, possibly tried out the game(s), and may have decided to submit a ballot as a result when they otherwise wouldn't have.
All and all, things are looking good for RH. The only thing that I can see holding it back is that it is still relatively niche.
+10% for ballot, +10% for first party, +10% for already acknowledged in smash, +20% for new game, +20% for (apparently) being considered before, +20% for Nintendo's only music franchise, +10% for Gematsu exposure, -10% for being niche

Want: 70%
Not my first choice, but definitely an actual concept that I would support.
would be 80%, but -10% for "Oh my god I really don't want Chorus Kids, please, Sakurai, please, put more thought into this"

Predictions:
9-Volt: 9%
Elma (with or without Cross): Abstain

Nomination:
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x5

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Chance- 45%
I'm of the belief that a RH rep was intended at some point, and I can see Sakurai wanting to return to the cutting board. That being said, if it is the Chorus Kids, we're probably out of luck. Maybe he'd apply his ideas to Marshal or someone else, but doing so might remove the core basis of Sakurai's goal for the rep.
Or maybe it never was the Chrous Kids, and we were getting someone different all along. Or I'm just wrong and a RH rep was never intended.
I see this going either way.
Want- 60%
Haven't played the series. But it is Nintendo, and would bring something new. I'd be curious to see what a potential satisfaction rating of mine would turn out. I could see it playing out either way, but I'll lean towards the side of confidence.

Sorry if this wasn't long enough, but the game is named "Rate their chances," not "Write a dissertation on their chances." Not to throw names, as I frankly didn't bother to read them, but please don't insult my intelligence based on the length of my post or because you don't agree with it.

9-Volt Predictions- 15%
Nominations:

Crono x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Alright, guys, not bad. Marshal, you fell behind a little around Bar 14, make sure you stay in tempo. Miss Ribbon, you as well. Chorus Kids, something went seriously wrong at the start of Phrase C; make sure you're in tune on that F-sharp. And Wrestler...uh...keep doing what you're doing.

Okay, from the top, everyone! A-one, and a-two, and a-one, two, three, four!

--

Concept: Rhythm Heaven Character

Is this one ever a mess. A combination of factors has the chances of a character from Rhythm Heaven...to be frank, all over the place.

There's the ever-famous Gematsu Leak, implicating the Chorus Kids and then falling short. Support for the series in general took off right after E3, but then fell off as September neared. Now, you'd be hard pressed to find more than minor support even for the Rhythm Heaven characters who had a bandwagon for a while! If a character gets in from here, it likely wouldn't be through the Ballot.

Interestingly enough, though, there is another way a Rhythm Heaven character could get in. Recent news has shown evidence that a Rhythm Heaven character was at least considered at some point in development, only to apparently be shelved pretty early on. While we don't know which character it was, the facts still remain. With DLC in full swing now, there's a chance Sakurai could give the OK to work on character concepts that were dropped early on. If Mewtwo and Lucas--likely the first and second out, as far as the initial roster was--got in this way, perhaps whichever Rhythm Heaven character it was that fell short could follow suit.

It's definitely a possibility, but when the series in general isn't getting major ballot support and the support it does have is spread among multiple characters, it seems more that they'll stay on the shelf until the next Smash.

Want: 40%
Something you probably didn't know about me unless you saw my Chorus Kids analysis: I'm a musician. I have almost 10 years' experience with the alto sax, a couple years of piano, and a really freaking good singing voice (Which you can get glimpses of now from my Youtube stuff, shameless plug shameless plug!). I was studying music in college before my health deteriorated so badly that I couldn't keep up in class, forcing me to leave. A music-based character, or one with some type of rhythm mechanic in their attacks, could be really cool.

If I had my pick of the Rhythm Heaven characters, I'd want to see Marshal more than the others. Since he's basically the series mascot, he could get away with using props and aspects of the entire series. He'd at least have more moveset potential than the others, limited mainly to the minigames they show up in.

Prediction: I'm...gonna wait on this one until we figure out who's going tomorrow night. >_>

Nominations:
Concept: Alpha-Form Stages x5

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Chance: 70%
There are still supporters of this concept, but recently looks like they decreased a bit. It's still a very possible thing.
It started with people supporting the Chorus Kids or Marshal, because of the famous leak. Now someone is starting to notice how Karate Joe seems to be more relevant to the series, and it's very common to see polls with a "RH rep (Chorus Kids/Karate Joe)"
option. I honestly think that Karate Joe is more important than the chorus kids, but due to the leak, people are still supporting the chorus trio more, and if popularity is the way to go, everything is possible.

Want: 100%
To be more precise, I want Karate Joe!

Prediction:
Elma (Xenoblade X?): 5%
9-Volt: 1%

Nominate: Karate Joe 5x

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Any Rhythm Heaven character chances: 34%
It's pretty much an established fact that a Rhythm Heaven character was planned at some point before being scrapped. The chances of a RH character to make in as DLC mostly depends on Sakurai's want to revisit the idea for DLC, and I think this concept's chances partially depends on one unknown criterion: how much of the character's development was done before being scrapped. If a considerable amount of work was done then it could be revisited much more easily and in this case I'd easily see this concept much more likely than not. Asides from that, Rhythm Heaven is a pretty popular franchise, but I think it would have made more sense as in the base game than DLC considering the relative lack of awareness of the franchise in the mainstream Nintendo fanbase, and the series' exposure in Smash is... well, somewhat lacking. We got a few trophies in both version as well as an enemy in Smash Run, which is definitely something, but considering we didn't get any music (aka what the series is about)... Still, I admit the concept has enough going for it to be considered somewhat likely (yeah 34% is decently likely for my standards).

Any Rhythm Heaven character want: 8%
Eh, not interested. The series' general aesthetics and character design just seem boring to me, nor really do the idea of a character from the series in Smash Bros. appeals to me. That said, I admit the series has enough popularity to be a contender to have a playable character in Smash Bros. and I'm not downright against the idea. I just don't care at this point, but I wait to be convinced by the moveset if someone from the series makes the cut.

Elma prediction: 9.24%
Cross prediction: 9.52%
I guess the "Abstain no spoilers pls" will be the actual winner tomorrow, though I'll try to do my researches myself to give an actual rating at least in chances.

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x3
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x2

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
RH rep:

Chance: Negligible
A musical game with no musical representation in Smash YET?! ... Near 0, even with the leak (sorry, but that's just stupid to me. My best guess is that they got scrapped and forgotten).

Want: 2%
HELL NO! ... Don't get me wrong, I do NOT hate musical games! ... I only hate the fans who think something can happen just because of a FLUFFIN' LEAK!

Prediction:
Elma: Abstain
Cross: same than Elma
9-Volt: (Oh, dear god, we're back at this again, aren't we?) May edit, but abstain for now (even a fan of him like myself has NO idea of moveset! ... Unless he can use his Nintendo micro-games' sprites as attacks, which would be a great way to represent the NES days, alongside ROB and the Duck Hunt Duo so...)

Nominations: (Daisy and :roymelee:/:roypm: are already nominated or leaked respectively so...) (:172:/:pichumelee: is already nominated)
Viridi (Kid Icarus: Uprising) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite Kid Icarus character)
Prince Fluff (:4kirby:/:kirby2:/:kirbymelee:/:kirby64: Epic Yarn) (Playable newcomer) (My favorite :kirby64:/:kirbymelee:/:kirby2:/:4kirby: character)
Emolga (Pokemon Black/White) (Playable newcomer) (One of my favorite pokemons... Plus, I needed someone to counter :4greninja:'s appearance, by having someone else from another recent generation)
:snake: (Metal Gear Solid) (Returning veteran) (My Brawl main, re-ratable, I missed his day)
King Boo (:4luigi:/:luigi2:/:luigimelee:/:luigi64:'s Mansion and many :4mario:/:mario2:/:mariomelee:/:mario64: spin-offs) (playable newcomer or stage boss on :luigi64:/:luigimelee:/:luigi2:/:4luigi:'s Mansion stage) (my second favorite character from the :mario64:/:mariomelee:/:mario2:/:4mario: series. Second only to the great Daisy)
Same exact nominations EVERY TIME UNTIL ONE OF THEM GETS ITS DAY! (I will then choose another character instead of the one who got its day)
(PS: The five nominated are Viridi, Prince Fluff, Emolga, Snake, and King Boo. Both five have a 1x of nomination each)

Last edited:
RH rep

Chance 20%
with Gematsu and the rh icon data inm a firm believer they were at least considered. How far they got i cant tell you. With a new game on the way they are keeping the franchise allive so thats another plus. A best+ that is.

However the support is way down now and i dont see anyone from the series being pre ballot.

Want abstain.
anyone who knows me knows i hate reps. I want characters on their individual merits alone.
For instance if its the wrestler+reporter this would be a high value. Chorus kids about 50. Everyone else gets a zero. Hard to put a number on that.

Prediction (ive been really bad with this haha)
Cross 15%
Elma 30%
9 volt 5%

Prediction
viridi 5

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
RH rep:

Chance: Negligible
A musical game with no musical representation in Smash YET?! ... Near 0, even with the leak (sorry, but that's just stupid to me. My best guess is that they got scrapped and forgotten).

Want: 0%
HELL NO! ... Don't get me wrong, I do NOT hate musical games! ... I only hate the fans who think something can happen just because of a FLUFFIN' LEAK!
Now if this was Chorus Kids I would agree with you, but we are rating the entire series as a whole. There were fans asking for a RH character (not named Chorus Kids) before Gematsu reared its ugly head.
Anyways, back to the ratings!

RH rep:
Chance: 33%
Sure, its a series without any representation (barring sneaky spirit), but I'm not sure just who they would include. Perhaps smash 5 would be the better place to introduce them, due to the guarantee of the series getting some music tracks and a stage.

It depends who is included. Chorus Kids: 0%
Anyone else: 70%

Predicting both X characters at 9.2%
Nominating 6+dlc characters x5

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
RH character
Chances: 30% maybe someone is voting for them in the ballot as their first choice.
Want: 10% They maybe give us something unique. but I don't see anything in them, not even in the 10th place of a Top 10

XBChrX protagonists : 10% Not hyped as the Inklings...
9-Volt: 3% a Wario Character that's not Waluigi?

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5 :bubblebobble: If Square Enix doesn't want to lend FF characters or Geno or Chrono

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
If it hasn't been decided yet, I vote for a Elma/Cross double day.

Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Ryu: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Squirtle: 15%
Ivysaur: 15%
Professor Layton: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Tetra: 15%
Daisy: 10%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Lip: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Ninten: 1%
Simon Belmont: 1%
Phoenix Wright: 1%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Geno: 0.5%
Spyro: 0.5%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
KOS-MOS: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
DLC Custom Moves: 50%
DLC Music Packs: 30%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Lip: 70%
Simon Belmont: 60%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Professor Layton: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Squirtle: 40%
Magolor: 40%
Ryu: 35%
Tetra: 30%
Phoenix Wright: 25%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Ivysaur: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Ninten: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Spyro: 0%
Daisy: 0%
Geno: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%
KOS-MOS: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%
DLC Custom Moves: 5%
DLC Music Packs: 0%

Rhythm Heaven character chance: 65%

I honestly think there's a really good chance of getting one, as it's a pretty notable series and a character seemed to be planned originally, but it's harder for me to guess which one. I'm giving a 20% chance each for Chrous Kids, Marshal, and Karate Joe, plus an extra 5% for others.

I like new Nintendo series getting representation, and this would be one of the best choices for a new series in my opinion. Plus I'm a huge fan of the games, both DS and Fever rank among my favorite games for their systems.

Still don't like the idea of Chorus Kids, but either Marshal or Karate Joe would be a great addition in my eyes.

Multiple predictions to cover whatever wins:

Elma prediction: 11.29%
Cross prediction: 11.29%

I do not know.

9-Volt prediction: 2.18%

Might not even be the most likely choice for a WarioWare character.

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chances - 30%
Rhythm Heaven is probably the biggest viable Nintendo series that doesn't have a playable character or stage yet,even if it isn't the most requested among unrepped series. BUT, if Nintendo wants to include at least one unrepped series, Golden Sun and Wars have equally long and rich histories, and Splatoon, The Wonderful 101, and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. represent the modern age. Even Paper Mario could get its own logo. Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo, and a few others are all underdogs that have made a name for themselves as well with mild fan support. Among these though, only Isaac by sheer fan support outweighs RH methinks. I think there's about an 85% chance overall we get one unrepped first party franchise introduced, and RH owns a big piece of that pie. Unlike any of these other franchises, it actually has multiple possible reps (Marshal or Chorus Kids/Men, Karate Joe, Tap Trials Girl, etc.) and most importantly, we have substantial evidence that it has been considered or even planned.

Want - 45% I really like the potential uniqueness, novelty, and complex learning curve of a rhythm-based character. As I say in almost all situations, there are characters I prefer and support more than this. That said, RH at least deserves a stage or AT, and I will likely buy RH3DS whenever it comes stateside.

predict -
9-Volt 1.75%
Cross 4.5%
Elma 5%

nominations -
Chibi-Robo x5

Laniv

Smash Champion
Rhythm Heaven Character:

Chance: 80%
We've seen the remnants of icons, so we know they were at least on the table.

Chorus Kids, Rhythm Girl, Karate Joe, anyone. Please.

9-Volt Prediction: 7% Chance, 20% Want
Elma Prediction: 30% Chance, 40% Want
Cross Prediction: 20% Chance, 35% Want

Nominate Tiki x 5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Rythm Heaven Representative

Chance - 22.5% - As a whole, rhythm heaven has many characters who could act as a stand in for the series. The big problem is that no one character is clearly set above the rest, so the fan base tends to be fragmented over who gets what. As a whole, though, many fans of the series are willing to support at least one character, and there is some evidence that some more content from the series was planed and made. While I cannot say for certain what character, if any, will be chosen, I'd say it's reasonable to say that Rhythm Heaven, while not complacently likely, may get something.

Want - 50.5% - Could be interesting, but it depends mostly on implantation and who gets chosen.

Predictions

9-Volt - 4.24% - Some support, but many think another WarioWare charater would get in first.
Elma - 13.34%
Cross - 13.56% - I'm gonna havta research these two, but Xenoblade Chronicles seems a bit new.

Nominaitons
New Palutena's Guidance X3
Anna (FE) X2

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Rhythm Heaven Rep
Chance:
Abstain

I can't rate this as I know little about the series and I just know that a character was planned.
I will say that even though a character before was planned, they aren't guaranteed to join the fight.

I never played a Rhythm Heaven game, but I do enjoy seeing brand new franchises get fighters.

Before I start with my predictions, @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , I think that you should decide for us what we predict instead of having us decide. Go on another website and decide who should be rated through RNG or, hell, have two CPU Mii Fighters fight in Smash to see who we rate.

For now, I think that we should rate Cross and Elma as they are more worth our time than 9-Volt, a character who comes from a series that is perfectly represented with Wario.

Cross Prediction: 7.49%
Elma Prediction: 8.81%

I think Cross might be in a more tricky predicament. Unlike Robin, an avatar character as well, we don't know how much emphasis is placed on him in Xenoblade X or if he is important to the story as much as the others. Elma might score slightly higher for being in more promotional material.
EDIT: Just in case:
9-Volt Prediction: 4.99%
He's doomed... but will receive generous ratings.

Nominations: Owain 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
A lot of stuff was posted while I was at work it seems.

I'd like to clarify a little bit about what I said in my last post. The length of your post does not matter, in fact you really aren't even required to give an explanation for you're ratings, it's just nice if you do, and can sometimes sway other people to vote the same as you. All I really wanted to point out, was that you shouldn't rate your want % extremely low, simply because you don't know, or care about the character. It's fine to give them a low score (between 2 - 25%) but at least from my own perspective, you really shouldn't give out a 0% unless you absolutely hate the character and don't want to ever see them in any game ever. There's a difference between not caring about the character, and thus giving them a low score, and giving them the same score of 0% that you would give to the characters that you absolutely despise, and would never want in the game. This is how I'm looking at this anyway.

If you take nothing else from what I have posted, at least remember that the only reason we are rating a character in this thread, is because someone here cared about them enough, to nominate them over every other possible character. Every character we rate is cared about by someone who is actively posting in the this thread, so please take that into account.

My ratings for Rhythm Heaven:
Chance: 58%
They seem to have a decent chance, and I've seen a few YouTubers list them in their person top 10 lists, so they have some fan support that's going to be voting for them in the ballot.

Want: (55 - 70%) so I'll go with 63%
Its hard to give an exact rating because of the number of character options. But regardless they all seem pretty interesting, so I would be happy with getting one of them into smash.

Prediction:
I'm not very familiar with these characters, so I'll look into them before rating them.

Nomination:
x5 Isaac (Binding of Isaac)

Last edited:

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Rhythm Heaven Character
Chance: 65%
This goes for the same as the Chorus Kids. A character from the series was planned but scrapped probably due too the 3DS limitations. Sakurai probably found the series interesting and would want to incorporate an interesting character. The game had tons of characters in them so there's tons of possibilities. Of course the ballot will help out too.

I'm in for any character he decides to bring. I would like Karate Joe just because of his appearance and what move set they could make for him. Maybe add in Rhythm Girl for more female reps or even 2 characters in 1 and add The Reporter & Wrestler, that would be interesting to me. Like I said before, I like having tons of first party characters and with Rhythm Heaven the possibilities are endless.

Predictions:
9-Volt - Chance: 8.8%
Cross - Chance: 4.5%
Elma - Chance: 4.3%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
RH Character

A character from this series might have had a chance before but it looks like it's probably not going to happen with a lot of other characters being much more requested then characters from this series.

Want: Abstain

Don't know much about this series.

Prediction
Monita: 25%

Nominations

Young Link X5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Rythem heaven rep

Chance 67%

First up gemusatu was a real leak all along (they found the files of a rythem heaven spot just like with the forbidden 7 in brawl.)

They're high request for a rythem heaven rep

With dlc a thing he might try again to add the stuff he failed to get in.

I mean after all he did say theres so much more that could have ben added but had and tried to avoid premium cntent as best as possible (This is from the interview of why sakurai had a change of heart of doing dlc, before he said mewtwo is the only 1/no dlc)

Want 100%

Make it happen

Nominations

Another kid icarus rep 10x

Predictions

9-volt 3.45%
Elma 11.77%
Cross 10.47%

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Like several others have stated, their chances are all over the place. Their series is the most popular Nintendo game not to have a character in Smash, and they had a character icon made for the game. There's two big issues with them. First, their series is very Japanese. If their newest game isn't being released outside of Japan, how are they going to get international support. It's not impossible for a Japanese only game (Mother 3) to get representation, but it puts their series in jeopardy. Furthermore, they don't have a main character. Regardless of your opinion on the Gematsu leak, it undoubtedly united the series's fans in their support of Chorus Kids (with some vocal minorities). With the death of the leak, the fanbase has fractured, with Chorus Kids being seen as a short-lived fad. The fan base isn't voting as one, which most likely means that any Rhythm Heaven characters aren't reaching the top of the ballot. It really depends on how much weight the votes have. If Sakurai is looking to see if the ideas he had are popular enough to warrant a character, then a Rhythm rep is likely. If Sakurai is looking at what the fans want the most, Rhythm Heaven will be a pipe dream for Smash.
Want: 40%
A character with some element of rhythm fighting would be incredibly unique. I don't have an attachment to the series, but I can definitely see why people want it to have a rep.

Nominations: Chibi-Robo x5

Cross: 5.8%
Elma: 5.9%

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
RHYTHM HEAVEN CHARACTER:
CHANCE: 40%
WANT: 20%

Well, a rhythm heaven character was certainly planned, Chorus Kids or not. The idea was shelved for whatever reason, so there's certainly a chance that they might try to get it to work as DLC. That said, the fact that it was shelved in the first place makes me doubt their feasibility for this game. I do think their chances will balloon in Smash 5 though.

As for want, I'm very barely familiar with the series, and I tried the GBA game, but I can safely say it's not my cup of tea. Wrester and Karate Joe's designs are interesting though, so the 20% is for that.

Abstaining from predictions.

ASHLEY (WARIOWARE) × 5

:231:

StormC

Smash Hero
1. K. Rool: 75%/100%
2. Banjo-Kazooie: 10%/70%
3. Isaac: 60%/40%
4. Bandana Dee: 50%/25%
5. Captain Toad: 25%/15%
6. Krystal: 25%/15%
7. Dixie Kong: 50%/50%
8. Impa: 50%/50%
9. Shantae: 15%/40%
10. Inklings: 55%/40%
11. Rayman: 30%/40%
12. Snake: 40%/70%
13. Wolf: 85%/65%
14. Shovel Knight: 20%/40%
15. Quote: 15%/45%
16. Ice Climbers: 10%/35%
17. Sceptile: 20%/50%
18. Wonder Red: 20%/35%
19. Promoted NPCs: 5%/Abstain
20. Henry Fleming: 15%/15%
21: Paper Mario: 30%/20%
22. Roy: 95%/0%
23. Ridley: 5%/80%
24. Chorus Kids: 25%/35%
25. DLC Alternate Costumes: 75%/75%
26. Magalor: 15%/30%
27. Midna/Link: 1%/5%
28. Ray: 20%/35%
29. Tetra: 20%/20%
30. Pichu: 15%/0%
31. Ryu: 90%/30%
32. Phoenix Wright: 15%/55%
33. Lip: 15%/35%
34. Simon Belmont: 5%/30%
35. Daisy: 15%/0%
36. Ninten: 5%/10%
37. Squirtle/Ivysaur: 20%/30%
38. Layton: 10%/30%
39. Spyro: 5%/30%
40. Music: Abstain/30%
41. KOS-MOS: 0.5%/0%

Chance: 50%. Could definitely happen, but I don't think we have enough to go on to make it a sure thing.

Want: 35%. Never played the games and the character options don't interest me a whole lot.

Beast Ganon 5x

Abstaining from predictions.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Okay since so many people have already thrown in a Cross prediction we'll just go ahead and do an Elma/Cross double day tomorrow. We'll rate 9-Volt the day after.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Any Rhythm Heaven Character:
Chance: 35%
It could happen - they could go for the Chorus Men or someone more recognisable like Wrestler or Marshal.
Want: 65%: My default for a Rhythm Heaven character would be the aforementioned Chorus Men, but I'd be happy with someone like Wrestler instead.

Elma Prediction: 7.54%
Cross Prediction: 6.48%

Nominations: Sylux X5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Rhythm Heaven Character:

Chance: 65%

Same thing as before when the Chorus Men were rated. The files in the game heanily imply a Rhythm Heaven character was planned to be in the game. The series is also very popular in Japan and There's the Rhythm Heaven 3DS game.

Want: 100% I never played any of the games aside from a demo on the DS when linking to the Wii's Nintendo channel.

Prediction:

Elma: 8.74%

Cross: 5.47%

Nominations: Mach Rider x2

Mother 3 Stage x2

Lloyd Irving x1

Top Bottom