• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
It's been over 500 days

Realistic:

• March release date for CP9
  • A tease for a potential Pokemon day announcement
  • Zelda 35th news
  • Something that'll make people call the Direct trash even though they weren't promised what they want
  • Memes
  • A final farewell before Mario dies at the end of March/s
Hopeful:
  • Cash Banooca is CP9
  • Other Kingdom Hearts games on Switch (doesn't even have to be III)
  • Teaser for a new mainline Kirby game
  • N64, GCN or GBA games on NSO
  • Fighters Pass Vol. 3 teaser
Noms:
Crazy Dave x5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
September 17th 2021 Direct Predictions:
  • New Ace Attorney ports and a possible AA7 reveal: Would be great for it's 20th anniversary and it would also fall in line with the Capcom leaks. It also helps that the Great Ace Attorney Collection has already been leaked.
  • Crash 4: Already revealed so I can easily see it being shown.
  • Monster Hunter info: Will probably show both Rise and Stories 2, probably a slightly bigger focus on Stories 2 since we know less about that game.
  • SMT III: Nocturne: This already released in Japan but not yet in the West. I can see this being briefly covered in the Western version of the Direct.
  • Bravely Default 2: This is releasing next week so I can see it getting a brief mention as well.
  • No news on Bayonetta 3 or the new Metroid: Sorry but I just feel like these games are in development hell and I'd be surprised if we got any form of news on them this year.
  • Some form of Pokemon news: Either a small thing or an announcement of a Pokemon Direct.
  • Zelda 35th Anniversary news: The actual 35th anniversary of the first Zelda game is five days from now so I feel we're definitely getting something on this. Perhaps not a full layout of what's to come like with the Mario Direct, but I can see some ports being revealed. If I had to guess, I feel like we'll get a Skyward Sword Switch port and a limited time collection like with what happened to Mario. Also probably an actual name for the BotW sequel.
  • Smash Reveal: I feel we are absolutely getting a Smash reveal so I'm just going to throw out some names of who I can see happening:
    • Crash
    • Phoenix Wright
    • Monster Hunter
    • New Pokemon character
    • Rex
    • A character on the same hype level as Terry
  • First four are because I think their series will have stuff in the actual Direct as well as their general likelihood. Rex because I just think he's just likely in general and I can see a first party reveal happening. Lastly, I can also see a more low key reveal happening (nothing too crazy like Sephiroth) since the last general Direct reveals were Isabelle and Terry.
  • Aside from a Smash reveal, I think we'll also be getting some form of other general Smash news based on how the announcement tweet was worded. Perhaps something like upcoming release dates or a Smash Direct announcement?
EDIT:

So Sakurai retweeted the Direct and said something along the lines of "hou hou" at both the start and end of the tweet. It just feels so odd to add that into the tweet twice, which is why I feel like this is a hint towards who the character may be since he previously hinted at Simon and Byleth with the three finger thing. Going just by the "hou hou" thing, I feel like it could be Eggman.

Nominations:
Curly as Quote's alt/echo x10 (or whatever the max is)

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Direct Predictions

Well, this was unexpected. But hey, at least we know Directs aren't actually dead. As for what will be there, I at least expect something Ace Attorney related due to recent leaks, namely related to those Japan-exclusive games. Also, Crash 4 will likely get SOME kind of acknowledgement, be it with its own section or in some sizzle reel. Oh, and I also expect some of the more prominent games from the Partner Directs to show up again, mainly stuff like Disgaea 6 or Balan Wonderworld (yes, I'm still excited for that game, stop judging me). As for first parties, it's a little harder to say. I'm expecting some news on whatever the next Fire Emblem game is, and if rumors are to be believed it's another remake. Maybe some Age of Calamity DLC, I think I remember that being datamined. Oh, and speaking of Zelda, we're probably gonna find out the anniversary plans for that. As for the Smash reveal... I honestly can't say. If it's a first party, it'll probably be Rex, for reasons I've stated NUMEROUS times. But if it's a THIRD party, that's where things get complicated. The only real option for a Western rep at this point is Crash, but I can't help but think we've been overestimating him. Then there's the more likely option of getting a Japanese third party, and despite popular belief, there are still PLENTY to choose from. Overall, we won't know until we actually see the darn character.

Nominations: Concept: Disgaea rep xhowever many noms I got.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Direct Predictions

New Ace Attorney Ports
- Either 4-6, AA7 announcement, or Animal Crossing - Expecting a small segment for what's to come in March, with the Mario items being hinted at in the next update. Will sorta tie in to the finale of Mario's 35th Anniversary celebrations.
Zelda 35th Anniversary - Expecting this to be a major segment in the presentation's runtime, and a big thing Nintendo pushes throughout the year. This will probably have a big rundown of all of the celebratory Zelda content we'll get throughout the year, including ports, a limited-time Zelda 3D collection (Probably containing the N64 games, Twilight Princes, and Skyward Sword), and some more official news on Breath of the Wild 2 to kick things off. Possible announcement of Breath of the Wild 2 being a Holiday 2021 title.
Crash 4 - While it's been formally announced, expecting a bigger, more bombastic announcement for Crash 4's Switch release here.
Bravely Default 2 - Being released next week and Nintendo LOVES its' Square games, so some last minute promotion will probably happen.
Pokemon Day Direct Tease - Pokemon LOVES to do its' own directs, especially for big events like Pokemon Day. With a big anniversary for Pokemon this year, they'll definitely hype up a Pokemon Direct for Pokemon Day next week. Usually Nintendo and Pokemon directs a week apart so I see this happening.
Monster Hunter - Definitely another Rise marketing push, but also more info on Stories 2. Not expecting another Monster Hunter direct but it definitely will have a presence with two big releases on the horizon.
Kirby - Nothing huge but probably a first half of the year spinoff, though it's been three years since Star Allies so another main-series game could happen. Kirby stuff usually happens earlier in the year.
Other Nintendo Anniversaries (Donkey Kong and Pikmin) - Not expecting nearly the same fanfare as Zelda, but with both of these also being Miyamoto franchises I do expect them to get something, especially since we haven't seen much from Donkey Kong lately (Retro had to have been working on something before they were given Metroid Prime 4) and Pikmin 3 Deluxe proved to be Nintendo's best and fastest-selling Pikmin game.
Smash Announcements - The other big meat and potatoes of the presentation. Expecting FP9 for release in March to coincide with the amiibos, but also announcements of a few new modes or features as well. A Sakurai segment will definitely be present to explain these new features either before or after the character reveal.
Now for the character, I expect it to be:

Phoenix Wright
Monster Hunter
Prince of all Cosmos
Nightmare
Arle Nadja
Eggman

Most of these are smaller third parties that would definitely be a more Terry-esque choice, and wouldn't fit (aside from Eggman) in the other two potential reveals (big E3 pick, Phoenix or Eggman could work for this) or the inevitable first party expected ender.

Nominations:
4x Strategy Rep x10
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's alt/echo x10

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My predictions

New Smash Bros fighter: seems obvious that we will get a new fighter, but who you might ask? My most likely prediction is a new Pokémon Rep, since the franchises 25th aniversity is coming quite quickly. While it appears that the most likely Pokémon Rep is from the Galar region, my personal choice would be Lugia, but it seems unlikely, but then again, multiple characters listed as unlikely got in.

Speaking of Pokémon, a new Pokken Tournament game is a possibility, but it may or may not happen on the switch.

For Mario, a new RPG game could be possible, but we don’t know it will happen.

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild two: This is one of the more likely of events to be showcased as we got a trailer in 2019 and not much afterwards.

Metroid Games, since their 35th aniversity is coming soon. Metroid Prime 4 is most likely still in development and we don’t know when it will premier.

There are a few other predictions that are mere pipe dreams like a new Donkey Kong Country game and a new Godzilla game, but I’m tired ruling anything out

Noms: 5 for Boss: Rayquaza

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
My predictions:

I don't think we will see any pokemon news unless the next smash character is a pokemon, which I am not fully sold on honestly. Its a bit late for gen 8 stuff, and way too soon for gen 9. Maybe something for gen 4 to show off the gen 4 remakes(god if its cynthia I would scream). Otherwise, any pokemon news will be saved for pokemon day next week.

Other news, I think those leaked Ace atterny games are a shoe in to be show, as is maybe a little on crash 4.

For Zelda news, I think we will see something on BotW2, and DLC for Hyrule warriors. Maybe also a HD remaster of skyward sword as well, with new features and cut content.

Don't think we will see any prime 4 news dispite it also being Metroids 35th Anniversery, but I would love it if we got something metroid this direct or this year.

I think its also time for mario kart 9, or that rumored Nintendo kart. honestly I think Nintendo kart is the next place the franchise can go.

Oither random things is maybe some Disgeae 6 news, Balan news, I hope to god some Silksong news.

As for smash news, Either we get the reveal trailer, or its an ARMS situation where they just say the franchise. IF its a pokemon, i bet its the latter, and they show off the pokemon during Pokemon day. Otherwise, I am leaning towards not crash this time, as it feel like a more big E3 reveal.

If the 5chan rumor is true, I see this showing off Reimu most likely, and the direct also announcing some world wide release of touhou games.

if the 5chan rumor is false... its hard to say. I honestly feel if we are getting an Indie rep, now is the time to show it. not during e3 or the final charcter, but now. thats why I feel if its an indie its either Shantae or Reimu, the 2 biggest indies West and east.

Some other characters? Ryu Hyabusa if that whole early leak wasn't leak bait, Arle maybe due to sega pushing her a lot, or a Tales of Rep or KOS-MOS. I don't think we are getting any more capcom or SE reps.

Oh, and I also expect some of the more prominent games from the Partner Directs to show up again, mainly stuff like Disgaea 6 or Balan Wonderworld (yes, I'm still excited for that game, stop judging me).

Nominations: Concept: Disgaea rep xhowever many noms I got.
Oh I am still hyped for Balan myself too. I don't care if its clunky i love the style of the game and Yuji naka as a creator.

As for my Noms, why not through more at a Disgaera rep for me too

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I will now post my desires and attempt to will them into existence, plus a couple predictions on the side.
  • Smash character - I dunno exactly who so I'm gonna post my current predictions/wants (Re: %$#@loads of swordbois for some reason) and hope I'm right
    • Reimu Hakurei
    • Shovel Knight
    • Lloyd Irving
    • Isaac
    • Rex
    • Adol Christin
    • Euden
    • Bandana Dee
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - We already know this is getting ported, but a specific release date would be nice. Plus, any sort of publicity for an underrated and niche series like this one is appreciated.
  • New Kirby Game - Presumably in 3D. Preferably with a starring role for Bandana Dee. Please, it has been like two years without a mainline Kirby game and the withdrawal is kicking in.
  • New Golden Sun - Whatever that trademark leads to. Let's see if it'll hold any water.
  • Klonoa Encore - Pls
  • "Never Happening" - BotW2, Bayo3, Prime 4. One of those.
  • Monster Hunter Rise - One final push to solidify it's status.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Direct Prediction - Abstain

I don't really follow game updates and news enough to really give an accurate answer here.

Noms:
FromSoft x5

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Direct Predictions
New Smash Character(maybe more DLC announced?)
New Ace Attorney games on the switch announced
Silksong finally gets an official release date
BOTW2 Info
Monster Hunter info
Our next Mario sports title announced
1 or 2 games we don't know about yet

Basically expecting Nintendo to open the flood gates tomorrow

Noms:
Far Cry rep x20(thought i saw we were doing 20 at least)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My predictions are as follows

Monster Hunter Rise, Nintendo likes mentioning games that release very soon in directs and Rise is the biggest Switch game so far, of course they'll ****ing promote it.

Shin Megami Tensei. It's been over 6 months since we got an update on V, and for a game that releases this year, that should be rectified. Maybe Nocturne HD will get shown off in non JP versions too.

Crash 4. See the same as Monster Hunter.

Ninja Gaiden. All the rumours for the Sigma Trilogy said it'd come out in March, so there's no better time.

Ace Attorney: The Great Ace Attorney Collection is all but outright confirmed and I believe this would be a good time to show that off.

No More Heroes III. See SMT.

Zelda. Zelda's anniversary is happening and Nintendo is bound to give lots of love to their major franchises.

Kirby. HAL said there were plans for multiple games in 2021 so it's a matter of time.

Metroid. I want to ****ing believe dammit

Velvet Crowe x10
Zagreus x10

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Direct prediction:

Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne HD gets a release date outside of Japan
Shin Megami Tensei V also gets a new trailer and summer release (coming out too close to Nocturne HD would divide the sales betwen the games, coming out later would put it too close to Pokemon's hypothetical new game, which would be pretty much suicide)
Mario Kart 9
Zelda something, maybe a teaser for BotW2, maybe something for a 2D game, maybe both, also something about Zelda's 35th anniversary
The 2D Metroid is real
Probably DK something too
Crash 4
DMC4SE
Monster Hunter stuff
Ace Attorney collections, both the Great Attorney and AA4-6 are shown
No More Heroes 3
Bravely Default 2
Touhou AoCF
Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime 4 both get a "remember those things? Those exist!" trailers, and both get a 2022 release date for now
Smash character is revealed
Direct ends with a tease for Pokemon day

That's a mix of what I expect and a bit of what I want. I have no idea who will be revealed beyond the Dante-Hayabusa-Adol trifecta that I deem as the 3 most likely characters.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
-Release dates for SMT Nocture and V
-Bravely Default 2 reminder
-NMH 3 gameplay trailer
-Monster Hunter Rise
-HK Silksong date
-Zelda 3th anniversary announcement, Windwaker and Twilight Princess HD ports revealed
-New Mario Sports game, probably golf
-Next mainline Kirby game showcased
-Bandana Waddle Dee is the new Smash DLC because I really want him and he'd be pretty fitting here. Maybe something else besides that.

Concept: Skullgirls rep x20(if we're having that many today)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well whaddya know? We're getting a Nintendo Direct tomorrow! And it's confirmed that Smash is getting new stuff (so a fighter).

It's been too long since the last Direct. The pandemic probably delayed a bunch of stuff into this year. And rumor has it, Nintendo's announcing a new version of the Switch with increased power. With all that, and the 50 minute running time (that has to be some kind of record, right?) I think we're about to get a Direct for the history books. Instead of realistic predictions I'm just going to list everything I could see shown off tomorrow, because I have no sense of scale.

• The Switch Pro (or whatever the **** it's called) - This could conceivably not happen, but I think the slow year of 2020 could partly owe its existence to Nintendo pooling their resources to make the launch of the new version a big deal (a new 2017, in a way). It would also explain the 50 minutes, since a new console would require a lot of explaining.

• Smash stuff
• A new fighter, obviously - It could be any character related to the games listed below. Or it could be completely unrelated. It's not going to be a massive character like Master Chief so anyone expecting that kind of pick will be disappointed. Keep your eyes peeled for fakeout trailers like with Isabelle. I think Sakurai's "ほうほう" is totally a hint but I doubt we'll get it until after the reveal. Gun to my head my predictions are Reimu and Hayabusa as lower-profile third parties but it's anyone's game.
• Something else maybe? - Many have commented that the vague statements could point to content outside of fighters, like a new mode or a standalone stage. Personally I don't see the hints but it would be cool nonetheless.
• Fighter Pass Vol. 3 (AKA Sakurai cancels his trip to Aruba) - I don't think this is happening but if it is, it'll be announced tomorrow. For sure.

• Mario stuff
• Mario Odyssey 2
• Mario Kart 9
• Psyche! The limited run games aren't actually limited run! - I fully expect them to pull that crap citing the massive sales of 3D All-Stars. Alternatively, they'll just comment on those games going away.
• Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2

• Zelda stuff - It's Zelda's anniversary and I expect Nintendo will make a huge deal out of it like they did with Mario. All of this could be replaced with an announcement of a dedicated Zelda Direct but as Pokemon is also getting one next week they might just handle the Zelda stuff here.
• Breath of the Wild 2
• Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity DLC
• Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD ports
• Skyward Sword HD remaster
• Oracle remakes done in the style of Link's Awakening
• A new game, either a 2D entry in the style of A Link Between Worlds or a spin-off like Tri Force Heroes
• Phantom Hourglass HD because apparently that got rated and it's totally a Nintendo thing to do
• Zelda DLC in a bunch of random games
• Zelda 1 in a Game & Watch?

• Metroid stuff - It's also Metroid's anniversary! However in typical Nintendo fashion it'll be completely ignored. However we might get
• Prime 4
• Prime Trilogy
• Metroid 5 (Dread?) - developed by MercurySteam, I think it's as good as confirmed that this exists, the question is when it'll be announced

• Pokemon stuff - This is obviously going to be saved for its own Direct, but since we're not going to predict that I'll do it here
• New Pokemon Snap
• Let's Go Wooper Johto
• Gen 4 Remakes
• Probably not Gen 9
• Pokemon Unite
• Pokemon Go, Pokemon Cafe, Pokemon Sleep, Pokemon Brush your Teeth, and other casual stuff I don't care about
• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - probably another remake
• Detective Pikachu 2

• Fire Emblem stuff
• New game - Maybe? It's been 2 years since Three Houses so I think we could get an announcement though if it's a planned 2022 release maybe they'll save it for later
• The next remake - Place your bets! Will it be GOAT Genealogy? Will it be the Elibe duology? Will it be Ike's games to save people money and spare Nintendo from doing anything with their GameCube library? Who knows!
• Fire Emblem Warriors - they'll probably go the Age of Calamity route and set it in the timeskip for Three Houses.
• Psyche! The limited run wasn't actually a limited run! - To add insult to injury, SDatBoL gets added to NSO.

• Xenoblade stuff
• Xenoblade 3
• A port of Xenoblade X or the announcement of X2
• A new non-mainline game like X but not X (X fans destroy their keyboards
• Xenoblade Warriors

• Donkey Kong Country 6 or a new entry in the series - Rumor has it that Nintendo EPD is working on this one, so it might not bear the Country moniker or even be 2D.

• Wario gets either a new WarioWare, a new Wario Land, or a remake of Virtual Boy Wario Land

• A 3D Kirby game

• A new Star Fox game or, bizarrely, a port of Zero

• A new F-Zero or a port of GX

• DLC for Animal Crossing

• A new Punch-Out or a port of Wii

• A new Splatoon game, either 3 or a spin-off

• ARMS 2 (LEGS)

• The elusive Golden Sun remake(s)

• Advance Wars reboot

• New Rhythm Heaven

• Famicom Detective Club, Buddy Mission BOND, and/or Brain Age Switch get localizations (ordered by most to least likely)

• BoxBoy 5

• Sin & Punishment reboot/remake/port

• Custom Robo

• A port of Chibi-Robo 1

• A sequel to a digital-only Nintendo title (Snipperclips, The Stretchers, Good Job)

• Intelligent Systems decides not to bring back Advance Wars but instead Code Name STEAM or Pushmo

• Platinum and/or Suda51 reboots The Mysterious Murasame Castle

• Sakurai announces he's ****ing done with Smash and that his next game is the sequel to KI:U
• More realistically, a port of Uprising

• Miyamoto walks in front of a green screen, thanks everyone who purchased Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and claims that Pikmin 4 is close to completion

• Mother 3 localized

• Probably a new IP

Third party stuff

• Bayonetta 3 - it's got to happen soon, right?

• Sonic stuff - most, if not all of their anniversary games get revealed here
• Mania 2
• the sequel to Forces
• something that ties in to either the movies or the Netflix show
• Adventure 3 (or at least some ports y'all)

• Mega Man 12/a new X game
• another Legacy Collection

• The Great Ace Attorney Collection - this is as good as guaranteed
• Ace Attorney 7? Probably not since it'd outshine the collection maybe

• Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection and Arcade Stadium

• Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2

• Bravely Default 2

• NEO The World Ends With You

• Octopath Traveler 2/another small SE RPG

• Rare Replay or Master Chief Collection

• Battletoads 2020 port

• King of Fighters XV

• Guilty Gear Strive

• Crash 4

• Devil May Cry 4 port

• The new Story of Seasons and Rune Factory

• Disgaea 6

• Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

• No More Heroes III before everyone forgets it exists

• Nier Automata or Replicant ports

• Shin Megami Tensei V

• Other Platinum stuff (Project GG, Babylon's Fall)

• A sequel to Bomberman R

• Balan Wonderworld

• Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remake

• Overwatch 2

• Something with Professor Layton in it (please)

• Indies (Axiom Verge 2, Hollow Knight 2, I don't know much about indies)

• Deltarune tho? Maybe?

• Sizzle reel of powerful games to show off what the Switch Pro can do, that can also be played on the other Switches through the Cloud (Cyberpunk, FF7R, RE7, 8 and Remakes, the last 3 Assassin's Creeds, Star Wars Squadrons, Yakuza, MH World, DMC5, Call of Duty, GTA V)

Those are all the games I can imagine being shown off tomorrow. I won't get everything right but there's a 0% chance I don't get something right

Oh and noms go to agent 47

I see some people giving out noms, do we get nominations for the direct prediction?
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
Yep, you do. It's 20 noms today.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Henry Stickmin x370
Mii Costume: Madeline x350
John Marston x305
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x300
[Rerate] Velvet Crowe x285
Concept: Team Fortress 2 rep x280
Crazy Dave x280

300 - 251

Worms x275
Mike Haggar x255
Excitebiker x255

250 - 201

Concept: A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x235
[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x227
Agent 47 x225
Tetra x205

200 - 151

Peppino (Pizza Tower) x197
Concept: Far Cry rep x194
Concept: Curly as Quote's alt/Echo x190
Zagreus x180
Billy & Jimmy Lee x180
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x175

150 - 101

Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x150
Riptor x140
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Trevor Philips x135
[Rerate] Carmen Sandiego x135
Stage: Bowser's Castle x132
Estelle Bright x130
Boss: Rayquaza x130
Kaede Akamatsu x125
Rallen (Spectrobes) x125
Boss: Ender Dragon x118
D.Va x115
Senator Armstrong x115
Concept: A BioShock protagonist x111
Mii Costume: 2B x110
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x108
Fulgore x104

100 - 51

[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x100
Giygas x90
Echo (Bowser) x90
Concept: From Software rep x85
Junpei (Zero Escape) x81
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Stage: Tetris x80
Concept: Skullgirls rep x79
Ryza (Atelier) x75
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x70
Echo (Olimar) x66
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x65
Ghirahim x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55
Concept: Disgaea rep x55

50 - 25

Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie) x45
[Rerate] Agumon x40
Mii Costume: Zagreus x40
Filia (Skullgirls) x31
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25
[Rerate] Louie x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
Concept: Danganronpa protagonist x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Infernape x10
Demi-Fiend x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
[Rerate] Arthur x5
Pyramid Head x5
[Rerate] Elma x5
[Rerate] Brian x5
Firebrand x1

John Marston rides past A 4X strategy rep and into third place. Velvet Crowe cuts through Team Fortress 2 rep and ends in fifth place. Crazy Dave ties with TF2 rep in sixth, knocking Worms off the top seven.

Mike Haggar and Excitebiker bust through 250 noms.

Disgaea rep punches over 50 noms into existence.

Joining the noms list today is Concept: Skullgirls rep, starting out with a whopping 79 noms thanks to the magic of extra noms!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The first full Direct in god knows how long, and it's a massive 50 minute whopper of a Direct to boot. How exciting! Lots to unpack, I think.

SMASH
We'll start here because we already know this is happening. Obviously though, the big question remains... who's it gonna be? Well hell if I know, but I do think the next character will be a bit of a passive reveal compared to the likes of Steve and Sephy boy (who let's face it, between the two probably have sold the pass to most people already). Sandwiched between TGAs and E3, I think now is the time to unleash the "Terry" of this pass, if there is one. Someone a bit less mainstream, a bit less popular, but with a ton of value to their inclusion that Sakurai will make it a point to convince everyone about.

On the flipside though, the obvious candidate going into tomorrow is Monster Hunter. With Rise coming next month, MH is pretty much the biggest game on the horizon currently and one that both Nintendo and Capcom have a lot of stake in. I'm not gonna say that like, Monster Hunter NEEDS to be revealed right alongside the buildup to Rise, but I think it would make a whole lot of sense. They could very well come later (or not at all, of course) but they've got the most obvious context backing them up rn. Which honestly makes me more skeptical than anything, because that's too easy LOL.

I do think there's a lot of precedent in general to believe CAPCOM will have a presence tomorrow (MH Rise and Stories 2, Ghosts n Goblins about to release, AA Collection and AA7 leaked and supposed to be coming this year), so seeing that carry over into a character reveal isn't so far fetched. Doesn't necessarily need to be a character tied to any of those releases but it's just worth noting that Capcom is doing some heavy lifting this year.

So with all that said here are five characters who I could see us getting tomorrow. Probably will be none of them, but we'll see!

Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright
Chun-Li
Ryu Hayabusa
Arle

EVERYTHING ELSE
I already touched upon some of what I think we could see tomorrow, but let me get a list going and I'll elaborate on anything I think needs it.

GAME UPDATES / EXPANSIONS:

Smash
, obviously.

Information on the next update for Animal Crossing New Horizons will probably be shown off too, in addition to Age of Calamity DLC.

If we're lucky, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe may actually get new content as was alluded to ages ago, or we could see a sequel announced.
-

Some new Switch port will probably be announced. Maybe Xenoblade Chronicles X or a random Wii / 3DS game.

Information on Zelda 35th Anniversary will be discussed. I don't think BOTW2 will make an appearance until E3 (maybe a teaser at the end), but we may get some confirmation of what these celebrations may entail and perhaps the Zelda equivalent of 3D All Stars (I hope not).

Kirby - HAL has implied that new projects are on the way so we could be seeing that soon. I think we could see the game come out as soon as May, even.

Rumors of a new 2D Metroid have been circulating for a while now and could pan out soon. We're definitely gonna have to wait a little while longer for Metroid Prime 4 content though, either way.

No Punch-Out or Rhythm Heaven because Nintendo hates me.
-

More information on BIG TICKET THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • No More Heroes III
Since these are the big exclusives on the horizon, I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't cover them. At least MH Rise.

SMT Nocturne HD is set to release in Spring and is already out in Japan. Probably doesn't need to be covered too much but may get a nod, perhaps in a sizzle reel at the end or just in general alongside SMTV.

Ghosts n Goblins Ressurection and Bravely Default II release by the end of the month and may have release trailers.

Ace Attorney will likely have a presence in the form of the leaked anniversary collection with localized DGS, and potentially the reveal of Ace Attorney 7 since, presumably, they're both supposed to be coming out sometime this year.

Mario + Rabbids - The Rabbids Twitter switching over to M+R only to revert back by the end of the day is super fishy. We could get a sequel, although since they emphasized that some games would be getting updates I wouldn't count out another DLC expansion.

The Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy has been rumored for quite a while now and I think now's as good a time as any to show it off.

Apex Legends will be officially confirmed, probably.

We'll probably get a reminder that Crash 4 is coming to Switch. Might be part of a sizzle reel at the end.

NOMINATIONS:
BILLY & JIMMY LEE x10
DEMI-FIEND
x10

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Third Party Predictions
  • Crash 4 will be shown off at least a tad. It is one of the bigger switch games on the immediate horizon.
  • Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2 will get a bit of publicity.
  • AA Collections will be announced. Maybe AA7 too.
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy ports
  • No More Heroes III Trailer and a release date
  • Bayo 3 Trailer
  • Bravely Default 2 will get a launch trailer
  • Speaking of ports, port lightning round! Persona 5, Nier Automata, KH 1.5+2.5, Danganronpa, and Ys IX are my guesses
  • SMT Nocturne HD Release Date
  • SMT V Trailer
First Party Predictions
  • Smash Stuff
    • Characters of note I am guessing: Reimu, Crash, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Ryu Hayabusa, Rex
    • Maybe two announcements?
    • Info on a third pass
  • Something for Metroid's 35th
    • Most likely MP Trilogy getting ported with some news of "stay tuned' if we would get Prime 4 news at E3
  • DK 40th
    • Likely either someone other than Retro made DKCR 3, or there is a new DK game. Either way, a certain kroc is going to show up
  • Zelda Anniversary
    • Ports of WW HD, TP HD, SS HD, MM3D, and OOT3D announced
    • BOTW2 announced for Holiday 2021
  • Golden Sun remake?
  • New Kirby game...RTD 5 essentially
  • XCX Port?
  • Pikmin's anniversary is coming out, maybe a collection of Pikmin 1 and 2?
  • Pokemon will not be in this direct. If it is, expect it to be an announcement of a direct for Pokemon itself
TF2 Rep x 20

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm the only one here who thinks that Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid is gonna be shown in the new Direct.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Direct Predictions, Let's ******** go!

Since this one is 50 minutes, I'm going to be optimistic and list a bunch of things, a lot of them probably won't happen (At least at this point in time), but hey this is just for fun.

• For Smash, this could go in different directions.
    • We have the Tales of Chun-Li leak and the 4Chan leak with Crash, Reimu, and KOS-MOS floating around. Keep an eye out for these characters.
    • We have a **** ton of rumored games and anniversaries coming out within this year and even within the next couple months alone. I don't put much stock into anniversaries but I think there might be a chance that this next character might line up with a new game or anniversary just because a lot of heavily discussed characters just so happen to have something going on in the near future.
    • As a reminder, my personal predictions for this pass are Arle, Crash, and Rex. Out of those, I think Crash or Arle are next. If I'm right, then we will see Arle tomorrow as they might want to save Crash for E3. So my top prediction for tomorrow is Arle....
    • ...but I have a funny feeling we might see Phoenix Wright or Reimu. I have this nagging thought in my head that the direct might start out with a Ace Attorney trial and people will be on the edge of their seat thinking that it's either Smash or a new AA game. For Reimu, the more I think about it, the more she makes sense. Not just because of the leak, but also she is just a good out-of-left-field pick that we keep getting for DLC, she is slowly gaining recognition in the West and very recently one of the official Touhou games was announced for the Switch so this might mean interesting things for the future.
    • Of course, this could all be completely off and we could get someone else like Bill Rizer or Sol Badguy.
  • Going back to Phoenix, I'm sure we will see the Great Ace Attorney collection be announced because it has been leaked so many times by now. I think we will also see AA7 too.
  • This is where I become overly confident and thus will probably be wrong: I'm predicting we will see that rumored Golden Sun game tomorrow. Whether it be a collection, remasters, or remakes, I believe something Golden Sun related is happening in this direct.
  • Metroid Prime trilogy. I'm still holding out on this since Metroid Prime 4 is coming sometime in the future so it would make sense to give people the opportunity to try out the trilogy. But to be fair this is Nintendo we are talking about. Half of the time they don't follow common sense.
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy: Still holding out on this. It's time for Hayabusa to shine again in his own game.
  • For Pokemon, I think we might get something but I'm leaning toward a announcement for a Pokemon Direct for Pokemon week since the Pokemon Company seems to work on their own schedule.
  • Some surprise ports of third party cult classics and big games. I can't really think of anything for this but we keep getting surprising game announcements like Bioshock, Borderlands, Catherine, etc. I think we will see something along these lines. The one game that I can think of is GTA 5 but I do think that if that was going to happen, it would have happened by now.
  • Segments for games we already know about. Crash 4, MH Rise, NMH 3, etc.
  • For Zelda, it's almost certain we will see something relating to BOTW 2. I think this might be Nintendo's big holiday game for this year. Plus the announcement of a couple remasters/remakes of earlier Zelda games. If I remember correctly Skyward Sword was leaked last year so we might find out if this comes to fruition.
Overall, I'm predicting that this will be a packed direct. I mean it's 50 minutes. There is bound to be some good stuff in there.

Noms: Excitebiker x20

D

Deleted member

Nintendo Direct (for real this time)

Honestly, I don't have anything to say about what games could get shown off. The only things that come in mind are the rumored Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy and that other Ace Attorney collection that was listed last week, so Ima just go straight for Smash.

The most interesting part of this announcement is the fact Ultimate was the only game singled out in the news of tomorrow's Direct. It gives me the feeling there's going to be more news than just 1 character reveal, but the only thing I could possibly think of is the character being revealed and their presentation airs right after the Direct. Now, as for what character gets revealed, I can only stick with the 3 I've been predicting from the start of Vol 2: Zhao Yun, Billy & Jimmy, and a Gen 8 Pokemon, but the real question is who is the 1 that gets revealed tomorrow. They all have their own merits to being in Smash (Dynasty Warriors being the staple franchise of Koei-Tecmo and the series that also created the Musou genre, Double Dragon being 1 of the most iconic Beat Em Up series dating back to the NES days, Sword and Shield being a relatively huge, new, and successful title from Nintendo, etc.), but I'm going to say Billy and Jimmy will be revealed as the next Smash fighter(s). From the feel of it, I don't expect CP9 to be Zhao Yun as Sakurai/Nintendo would probably not want to release a character with a weapon of similar reach to Sephiroth's sword right after Sephiroth released and would instead add him to 1 of the later 2 Challenger Packs. As for a Gen 8 Pokemon, I could see them being revealed tomorrow, but I'm still going to stick with Billy and Jimmy.

Noms:
A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters xAll My Noms

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
PREDICTIONS:
From using my knowledge of what has been passing around my friends groups including a 'Disegea Presentation' later after the Direct and the Touhou stuff that will probably be announced tommorrow... While I would think one of the two might happen... It probably will be a Gen 8 Pokemon.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
PREDICTIONS:
From using my knowledge of what has been passing around my friends groups including a 'Disegea Presentation' later after the Direct and the Touhou stuff that will probably be announced tommorrow... While I would think one of the two might happen... It probably will be a Gen 8 Pokemon.
If any rep from Nippon Ichi gets in it has to me Mad Rat from Mad Rat Dead.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think there two franchises to keep an eye on.

Zelda and Kirby.

Zelda because of its anniversary and stuff. I'm expecting a collection and an official name for Breath of the Wild 2

And Kirby is in that prime time for a new game. And given how Star Allies, I'm expecting something impressive for Kirby.

As for other stuff.

Pokemon won't be here, they'll want to do stuff separate.

Maybe we'll get Metroid, but it won't be Prime 4.

I do think we're getting Bayonetta 3 however.

Age of Calamity DLC feels like a given, especially with the statement of updates to already released games.

3D World is gonna get surprise DLC, including a new character.

Basic coverage of Bravely Default, Monster Hunter and No More Heroes.

Dragon Quest 4-6 on Switch

Animal Crossing update

Maybe an update for Hades?

I think Smash will be more than just character, or potentially less like with the ARMS reveal, I feel there's more to it. Maybe we'll get the Mii Costumes straight away and skip the Sakurai showcase this time.

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x20

Last edited:

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Man, there's a lot that could go into this one.

Pokémon: They will hold off for their own Direct, but they could at least be the Smash reveal. Pokémon already has plenty for their own Direct: Pokémon Smile, Pokémon Unite, Pokémon GO updates, Pokémon Snap, Pokémon SwSh Raid schedules, Sinnoh Remakes, and probably stuff we don't know about yet.

Smash: I'm expecting a character reveal. If there is something in addition to the character I would think it be a new mode, bonus content (a stage or something ... maybe Pokémon Floats stage as a bonus in the next update), or announcing Season 3. If they do announce Season 3 it would be a small, but it would be dictated by fan votes. Fans vote, and top three get in sort of deal. (Am I dreaming too much here?)

Character reveals: I'll go with Cynthia as my Pokémon rep reveal. She'd wield Pokémon from different generations and offer representation for the franchise as a whole. (Her team from the Sinnoh and Unova games are from three different generations, and they could easily give her new team members). I would say it would not be a Pokémon Trainer clone, as she'd probably step into the arena herself and fight along side her Garchomp.

If it has to be from Sword and Shield I'll say Urshifu, but he'd be more representative of the current gen rather than the franchise as a whole. That may be what they want, but I'd want to acknowledge the franchise as a whole.

Outside of Pokemon I am tied between Crash and Doomguy.

Everything Else: The sky's the limit! There is a lot in the pipeline, and they have a lot of options for surprises.

Updates: Metroid 4, Breath of the Wild 2, and Bayonetta 3 are games we'd love some updates on. I'd assume at least one of them will be mentioned.

DLC: They could gives us anything and it be welcomed. Pikmin 3 Deluxe content, Mario Kart 8 characters, Mario Odyssey DLC would still be welcomed albeit late... One thing is for certain: They probably have an Animal Crossing update for us.

Surprises: Mario Golf, FX-Zero, Mario & Rabbids 2, Golden Sun, and while I'm dreaming I'll say a new Banjo&Kazooie would be lovely. Games being ported to switch would be great too. Anything from Final Fantasy, Persona, and Halo would be welcomed surprises. I think there's a Crash game coming to the switch, and they'll probably talk about that. And for my own out-of-left-field pick here I'd say they finally give us localized Mother 3. (Okay, now I'm dreaming too much).

So yeah. I'm going to go complete Dark Horse here! Not many expected Sephiroth after all, and Cynthia would be an awesome pick.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Oh crap I missed Qbby, didn't I? Well I had nothing to say there.

Anyway, the Direct predictions:
  1. Opener: One of two possibilities.
    1. A: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's sequel getting a second teaser and a true reveal date, probably in June.
    2. B: A Mario spinoff, including but not limited to...
      1. Super Mario Party 2, or whatever MP12 is.
      2. Mario Golf Hole-in-One
      3. Mario Baseball All-Stars
      4. A new kind of Mario Spinoff. Mario Archery, Mario Movie Maker, Mario's Café, you name it.
  2. Other first party games and updates:
    1. A Wario game, possibly WarioWare Switched or Wario Land 5.
    2. A Donkey Kong game. Possibly an attempt to do DK64's style of gameplay again, this time in a more modern and less frustrating way. Probably just a 2D platformer.
    3. A Metroid game that is NOT Prime 4. Almost certainly a 2D Metroidvania.
    4. Star Fox Zero gets one more chance on the Switch, leaving Xenoblade X all alone on the dead Wii (U).
    5. In Japan's direct, Famicom Detective Club's remake. In the US and other western countries, no equivalent.
    6. Animal Crossing: New Horizon's 1st Anniversary is approaching and I think an Anniversary update is likely. Possibly a teaser with a full dedicated direct soon.
    7. Stuff on Nintendo's mobile games, like the next MKT, Heroes or Dragalia Lost major updates.
    8. If the Mario Spinoff isn't the opener it'll be there.
    9. No Pokemon at all, it's being saved for its own day.
    10. Pikmin got its 1 second of fame last year, no Pikmin. For that matter no EarthBound or F-Zero or any other neglected Nintendo series.
    11. Fire Emblem will not have a new game announcement yet. Wait until E3.
    12. Maybe a Kirby spinoff. Air Ride 2? I don't think a main game is coming this year, but next year instead.
    13. Zelda will get lots of focus because anniversary! Metroid? Probably not.
  3. A new service to Nintendo Switch Online!
    1. No, not Nintendo 64 Online nor Game Boy Online. That would be cool! Whatever they call the "new service" is likely to be disappointing to many people. Could just be a music player, or a Nintendo-approved web browser used to prevent Ninhacks, or something else banal.
  4. Third party titles:
    1. SEGA - A reminder that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 exists, and an overview of the second update. Persona 5 Strikers is also showcased, including that "Players who own both Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Persona 5 Strikers get extra music for the latter!" SMTV and Nocturne are also shown off. Bayonetta 3, and anything relating to a new Sonic game, do NOT appear.
    2. Capcom - A reminder that Monster Hunter Rise is coming out next month. Probably the last infodump on that game we get. Probably some stuff from the Gigaleak too.
    3. AAA or AA companies besides those two: I dunno, I see when I'll get there. Definitely a mix of new announcements, new releases. Only exception is Crash 4 which is probably getting highlighted.
    4. Another indie block containing upcoming and recent titles.
  5. Closer: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Challenger Pack 9. These are basically all the characters that I think could be our next fighter. If I can only pick one, Arle, but it could be anybody in this very fanbase.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Direct Predictions/Absolute guesses:

Smash
New reveal:
Mario for once isn't the punch bag.
My guesses are either Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Xenoblade or a Mario related fighter, with me leaning more first party than third. I think the big third party will be saved for E3, with only Monster Hunter being an option because Rise is being talked about a lot.
Mii costumes, we see Lloyd's return.

Smash Bros. Ultimate Definitive Edition is announced to come out later with all the DLC fighters included(but not the Mii costumes).

DLC for other games:
Age of Calamity gets a season pass announced, starting with a double reveal of Robbie and Purah as DLC characters. New scenarios are promised in an update.
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker gets it's 3D World levels added back in the Switch version(they're still in the game files apparently, c'mon Nintendo!)
Surprise update for Splatoon 2 or ARMS.
Mario Kart Live Circuit reveals a Peach and Yoshi Go Kart are in the works.

Zelda Anniversary
Four Sword Adventures port announced. This one doesn't require using four GBAs and a Gamecube to be optimal. Time will tell if it's a disappointment like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles' Switch port.
Either: Zelda 3D All Stars style game is announced or we get confirmation of HD Wind Waker and HD Twilight Princess ports.
Some new Zelda spinoff is announced.

Pokemon Anniversary
Announcement of a seperate Pokemon Direct. Nothing is shown, just a request to tune in at a later date

Other game announcements:
Resident Evil Revelations 3 is formerly announced
Monster Hunter Rise gets an update about some feature
More Cloud Gaming is revealed. Likely the west getting Resident Evil 7 and talk of attempting to get Resident Evil 8 in the future.
Ace Attorney Chronicles gets formerly announced
Brief reminder that Bravely II is happening
No More Heroes 3 gets a release date
Something tangently Mario related; a new Sports title(likely Golf or maybe if we're lucky Strikers), Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2(won't happen if the first title gets it's 3D World levels readded) or WarioWare Switch is announced.

What I'm not expecting:
Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 3 update, Bayonetta 3 update.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
February Nintendo Direct Prediction

Update announcement on an upcoming game

This part could be either relegated to the review of the Balan Wonderland Demo or a release date for games such as Bravely Default 2, Disgaea 6 or NEO: TWEWY and the ones that people heavily anticipated like BoTW2, Bayo 3 or Metroid Prime 4.

Special Anniversary announcement

Considering that there's a lot of anniversary happening this year, with the most eye catching being Zelda and Sonic, I could see either of them gets 3-in-1 bundle game like 3D All-Star. For Zelda I expected Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. While for Sonic it could be Sonic Adventure, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors but I don't know if SEGA will do the same thing.

DLC Announcement

People expected an AoC DLC so might as well put it here, but other than that I don't know much, maybe Astral Chain but who knows!

New Game/Port Announcement.

This is obviously going to appear no matter what but since these information is ambiguous I can't mentioned a specific one. One that I can mentioned is maybe Apex Legends.

Smash Bros Announcement

Probably the things that everyone have been anticipated and mentioned in Nintendo tweet and responded by Sakurai himself, so you know this is not just some quick update. While luck is on Crash's side right now with Activision teasing a surprise I think it's going to be darkhorse pick (I'll go with Reimu/Zhao Yun/Agumon atm). There might be chance of double reveal considering that it's 50 minute video I honestly could see it coming. A Third Fighter Pass could happened... but I doubted that.

Noms: Zhao Yun ×10

Last edited:

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Direct Predictions

So first off, the main event. What character will be revealed?
My bet is on Lloyd Irving, but as always happens when a Direct is near, my fear grows. My main worry is Pokémon. If that happens, it's probably gonna be the human in the rabbit costume or totally-not-Ursaring from the DLC. Both are god awful choices, but seems to be the ones marketed by TPC. Monster Hunter is also a possibility, and while I wouldn't be excited, they're alright.

BotW 2 is probably gonna be showcased again, and we might get a release date if we're lucky. I wouldn't count on that though. Zelda is not playable. Twili(Midna's race) are gonna appear in the game.

As this is the first big direct in a long time, I have a feeling we'll finally see some of the new Metroid game. I don't think we'll get a release date yet.

Golden Sun's trademark mystery will be unraveled. Whether that is a sequel, remake or compilation, I couldn't say though.

As always, there'll be a smattering of smaller games and ports announced.

MH: Rise will get new info, probably a few monsters or something.

Bayonetta 3 will still not appear.

The Ninja Gaiden Trilogy will be announced. It's unfortunately the Sigma versions, to the displeasure of Ninja Gaiden fans everywhere.

Okami 2 will be announced, as a Switch exclusive.
At the end, another Smash trailer will play, revealing Amaterasu to be joining.
Please Nintendo?

Nominations
Rallen x20

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My predictions.

BotW2 trailer
Halo Collection on Switch
Metroid Prime 4 trailer
Monster Hunter Rise info
New Nintendo IP
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Rare Replay
Smash character reveal

Hoping but not holding my breath for.

Kid Icarus: Uprising Switch Port
Pass 3/Echo Pass

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
Direct

Smash

We will get a character reveal trailer but not a release until next month.
I think Monster Hunter has the best chance this time.
Crash and Eggman as honorable mentions with a side of possible Dynasty Warriors.

More Nintendo Game News
Zelda BotW2: Trailer and News
Metroid Prime 4: News and teaser
Monster Hunter Rise: Promotion
Pokémon Snap 2: news
Bravely Default 2: trailer and news
Bayonetta 3: trailer and news

Updates to Current Games
Age of Calamity DLC
Animal Crossing Update

New Game Reveal
Pokémon Gen 4 remake announcement
3rd Party Games like Ace Attorney

Special Announcements
Zelda 35th Anniversary
- possible switch ports of HD remakes
Metroid 35th Anniversary
- possible switch ports
Pokémon 25th Anniversary
- we will get a few reveals and a promise on a later update
Special Hardware -> maybe a new Switch dock

Noms: Stage: Tetris x20

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Smash Predictions

Ever since Sephiroth's reveal, my top three predictions have been Hayabusa, Lloyd (and/or Yuri), and Crash. I've only gotten more confident in these three as time's passed. There's the trend of character's coming alongside other events involving said character (Steve and Minecraft Live, Hero and DQ11S, Joker and various P5 related announcements). Given the Tales Of Festival, Crash 4's Switch release, and the rumored Sigma Trilogy, all of these characters would have an event to coincide with their potential Smash reveal. So, my top character predictions for this direct are still Lloyd, Yuri, Crash, and Hayabusa. I'm currently leaning towards Lloyd, but I could see any of them happening.

Outside of my main FP2 predictions, my dark horse pick for this direct would be Toad/Captain Toad. Captain Toad was always one of my top picks for Ultimate, and I'm still somewhat surprised that we haven't gotten him yet. A potential Toad reveal to coincide with Bowser's Fury would help explain why this direct was dropped so suddenly.

I'm abstaining from non-Smash predictions. I'm just gonna let myself be surprised.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Don't have many predictions. But here are a few of mine:
  • Breath of the Wild 2 news
  • Metroid Prime 4 news
  • Bravely Default 2
  • New Smash Character. Predictions include:
    • Ryu Hayabusa
    • Crash Bandicoot
    • Dr. Eggman
    • Porky
    • Phoenix Wright
    • Dante
    • Bandana Dee
    • Frisk (Toby Fox and Sakurai get along)
    • Pokémon
  • BoxBoy! Collection
  • Danganronpa Trilogy
  • More news on Monster Hunter Rise

Last edited:
Top Bottom