• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I’m not up to date with them, but that’s probably becuase nobody wants to talk about them
I’ve seen Atari make some consistently mediocre to flat-out bad games. Not sure why I’d support a company with ideas as bland as Atari’s.

This ****ing thread I swear to God...

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Company with the wooden console

Chance: 5%

I'd argue that Atari has a decent, albeit more on slim, chance of getting a rep. They are a very important company for the industry. The Atari 2600 was the first successful video game console and while it wasn't the first game console (that title goes to the Magnavox Odyssey), it was the first to introduce many features that consoles to this day have. Such as having a game on a cartridge and putting it into the console, a controller with a stick for movement and a button for an action, and it was the stepping stone for future games to improve on and expand upon, unlike the Odyssey which essentially was a glorified machine to play pretend with. I'm by no means mocking the Odyssey, it was obviously very important. I'm just saying that the Atari 2600 was the first true video game console (besides Pong consoles) that had gameplay resembling video games as we know them now. I do think that Atari's legacy alone warrants them getting a rep in the biggest crossover in gaming.

As for a playable character, that is certainly tricky. However, a good candidate is Centipede who has a support thread with a really creative moveset idea. Centipede has enemies from his game that he could summon and he could use elements from other Atari games like Space Invaders and Asteroids to use in his moveset, similar to Duck Hunt.

Atari's biggest problem is that they have not done much in recent years. They have been surviving mostly from making nostalgic products, including the upcoming Atari Box which is overpriced and probably not gonna do well. In addition, they do have some Nintendo history with Mario Bros and Donkey Kong being on Atari 2600 and there is the Atari Flashback Classics collection on Switch. However, other than those, they have not worked with Nintendo all that much. Nintendo is seemingly more closer to other western companies such as Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Activision who all are still alive and thriving with a library of popular and highly requested characters. Simply put, Atari has a lot of tough competition to deal with. There's a chance that Nintendo could still approach Atari due to their legacy, but another problem arises with that due to the fact that not many people care about Atari these days. Atari characters have niche fan bases and overall Atari is not a very marketable thing, especially compared to modern gaming juggernauts like Doom Slayer and Crash Bandicoot.

In conclusion, an Atari rep seems plausible, but due to Atari's irrelevancy (And unlike Banjo they don't have truck loads of requests) and steep competition from companies that have been working closely with Nintendo recently, Atari feels like its too low on the totem pole to get a character anytime soon.

Want: 75%

I'm way too young to have grown up with Atari, but man do I have a soft spot for the classics. Atari games like Warlords, Centipede, and Space Invaders have a charm to them that no other games have due to their very simplistic design. I do think that Atari does deserve a rep in Smash due to their impact on the industry, even if they haven't done much in a while. Plus the proposed moveset for Centipede above would turn it into a very interesting and unique character.

Predictions: Sora - 25%

Noms: Crypto x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not sure why I’d support a company with ideas as bland as Atari’s.
Like, Atari these days from what a Wikipedia glance tells me is that basically all of the actual character picks they have are no-names who hardly impacted gaming history
And you call yourselves videogame fans...

Never fear, I'm working on a massive post detailing Atari's IP and history right now. But these will probably take the cake for least informed comments I've read.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Thanos of the gaming industry
Chance:0%: Not happening. No real one rep, barely any recent releases, and no real campaigning for an Atari rep. I just don't see it happening in this game.
Want:75% which is a shsme, as there are a lot of cool 2600 games that you could combine for a moveset that would be a love letter to the 2600. I just don't see it happening
Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5
edit: also people don't seem to know that Atari basically made the modern gaming industry. They made the first really successful game console.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Have you played Atari today?
Chance: 0.00001% Atari has too many games but not one real "main character" unless you have the Adventure Square summon Centipedes.
Want: 90% Being one of the most influential consoles of all time, it would be the most historic third party.
Nominations: Asha (Monster World IV) (I don't know how nominations work)

D

Deleted member

The Crash of 2020

Chance: 0.01%
The only reason Atari would be considered would be due to how much history the company has in the gaming industry but even then there's more reasonable and profitable companies to choose from that also have a lot of history such as Bethesda, Activision, Koei-Tecmo and plenty of others plus history isn't the end-all-be-all of choosing who to pick as DLC there's also how profitable the character would be, How fun the character would be to play as and most importantly who the character would be and in Atari's case there isn't a specific one character you can point towards and add.

Though that doesn't necessarily take away the fact that Atari has a lot of history behind them and they could be chosen due to that but only in like 1/100000000000000000000 potential scenarios would that happen. I really can't see it happening.

Want: 5%
I never really even considered an Atari character for Smash and I still don't want one at all as there's thousands of other more recognizable, fun and profitable characters to choose from (bias aside) I would say even Geno would be more profitable for Nintendo than choosing idk white dot to be playable. That's not it chief. Only reason I would be fairly fine with it is history but again I have other priorities.

Nomination: Reimu Hakurei x5

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If this was representation, the score would be higher, but this is representative

Chance 0.5%
Atari has a lot of legacy but almost no characters. And what characters they do have don't remotely compare. Something from Breakout would be cool but there's no character there.

Want 0%
Hard to want one where's there's not much there. A breakout stage though would be great.

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x5

Prediction 10%

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Okay, sorry I sounded hostile. My opinion on Atari still stands, but…I didn’t mean to be rude about it.
My post was less about you being hostile and more about you passing off Atari as some random obscure company. With the Atari 2600 as well as major hits like Asteroids and Centipede, Atari is one of the most well-known video game companies in history. Heck, Atari created freaking Pong which is one of the most influential games in history (if not the most influential).

Look, I get if you don't want an Atari character in Smash or think that it won't actually happen. But at the very least look into their history before saying silly things like Atari being bland because of a few bad games or no one caring about them. Even my dad who doesn't give a crap about video games knows about Atari and their legacy.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
He's gonna take you back to the past
Chance: 1%
On paper it makes sense, Atari used to be a major player in videogame history back in the 70s and early 80s. A rep from that company would be very off the wall, which Sakurai might like. The problem is, these 2600 games are so simplistic due to their age I can't really see the potential for a fully fledged fighter or even a stage. Music too because I don't have the feeling Atari has much to offer in that department. Perhaps if you frankensteined multiple Atari games together it might work but on their own they're better off as spirits. Tetris is also hugely iconic and important to gaming, yet the Tetris block weren't turned into a fighter but spirits instead. Lastly, I have my doubts Nintendo would want to go for a pick like this because the era where Atari was relevant is long behind us and its main demographic might not even be playing video games anymore.

Want: 0%
Yeah, I obviously didn't grow up in Atari's golden age. I have no attachment to any of these classics. And I just don't think they'd offer much and would be less valuable than the rest of the pass. I don't see the square from Adventure making for a particularly interesting fighter, nor do I think the beeps and boops that would come with them would compare to the SNK or Banjo music selections.

Sora: 31.67%
Meta Knight echo x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Now the history of Atari is a complicated one, and there's bound to be tons of misinformation about its IP (since back in the day copyright was more lax/less enforced and Atari owned a company, Tengen, that produced bootleg games) and the current state of the brand.

Now, what was Atari? Back in the day, they were... big, to say the least. After creating Pong, commonly acknowledged to be the first successful commercial videogame, and spurring the first generation of game consoles (the Pong consoles, heralded by the Magnavox Odyssey and copied by Nintendo with their Color TV Game line - the Pong AT in Smash), they dominated the second generation with their 2600. Trouncing Mattel's Intellivision and Coleco's Colecovision, Atari were the kings of the industry (until it collapsed from a mix of saturation and bad products). At the same time, Atari was killing it in the arcades, creating hits that then fed its console business by being able to sell those games, for home (though it should be mentioned that console exclusivity wasn't a thing back then). After the industry crashed, Atari never really recovered, putting out follow-ups like the 5200 and 7800 to dwindling success.

Now here comes the complicated part. In '76, Atari was sold off to Warner Communications. Shortly after came the release of the 2600 and the glory days, but the console, arcade and home computer divisions worked independently from each other and functioned as separate entities. The arcade division was chugging along, but the computer division was losing a war against Commodore and the console division was crippled by the crash of '83. Therefore, the computer and console divisions were sold off to Jack Tramiel as Atari Corporation, while Warner renamed the arcade division Atari Games.

Atari Games stayed at Warner until '85, when it was sold to Namco - who later lost interest and sold its shares, partly back to Warner and partly to private interests. Since they were forbidden from using the Atari brand for console games, they created subsidiary Tengen to publish games on the NES. In '93 Time Warner bought Atari Games and made it a subsidiary of Time Warner Interactive Group - later TWIG, Atari Games and Tengen were all consolidated into a single entity named simply Time Warner Interactive. Still with me? Then Time Warner Interactive was sold off to WMS Industries, who made it a subsidiary of its subsidiary Midway Games. Midway Games later spun-off into its own company and renamed Atari Games to Midway Games West. Midway later went bankrupt, and so Atari ceased to exist. But Midway's assets were bought by Warner (funny how it all comes full circle) and reborn as Netherrealm Studios. So, the arcade division of Atari currently exists as Netherrealm Studios.

Now Jack Tramiel's Atari Corp? Well, it struggled. In the computer space it was left behind by its rival Commodore and titans like Microsoft and Apple. Console-wise, it pushed out the infamous Atari Lynx and Jaguar. The less said about those the better. After the failed creation of a PC gaming division I won't name to avoid confusing you more, Atari Corp merged with JTS Inc to become JTS Corp. JTS Corp sold Atari to Hasbro, who made it a subsidiary of Hasbro Interactive. Then things went south for them, too, and Hasbro Interactive was sold off to Infogrames (makers of Alone in the Dark). Hasbro Interactive became Infogrames Interactive, then Atari Interactive. Infogrames as a whole realized the Atari brand still held a lot of recognition, and basically renamed their whole operation Atari (Infogrames was renamed Atari SA, while their US branch was renamed Atari Inc). Then they went bankrupt, sold off lots of stuff, then apparently reassembled and now exist again as Atari SA.

So, yeah. Who the **** owns what? Is it as simple as, games that debuted on arcade are owned by Netherrealm while console and computer originals are owned by Atari SA? What about Tengen? What about Kee Games (a fake rival Atari created in the arcade days to avoid exclusivity contracts)? What IP does Atari SA still own, and which did it lose in the bankruptcy?

Honestly, I don't know. Deeper probing will probably yield more answers - after all, we're getting Atari plug-and-play consoles to this day, so a look at what games are on would be a big clue. But this is just some research I did a few years back - that's why the Atari SA part is so inconclusive, it was still dead when I gathered all of this and therefore I had to look up the new parts to write this.

Now, with that out of the way, I also have a pretty comprehensive list of Atari's IP, so I'll just look at possible contenders.

Adventure: one of the most seminal games of all time (you don't get namecalled in a Steven Spielberg movie for nothing), the namesake of the adventure genre. While the character in-game is depicted as a pixel, and doesn't have a name, something could be done (the character has a design on the cover art, albeit partly obscured) and it does have some items that could signal moveset potential like a magnet and a magic bridge. Also Flyboy Flyboy had a dream about this and we all know they're secretly a prophet.

Area 51: definitely not one of the best known Atari games, it was an arcade light gun shooter that spawned a sequel, and two console FPSes (one starring David Duchovny!) I figured I'd mention it just because it has defined characters, but it's a long shot.

Awesome Possum: That's right! Atari owns Awesome Possum. This discount Bubsy has no chance to make it in over the unreal deal, but it is a platformer mascot so it probably has moveset potential (I'd think? I never played it) and, well, you probably know about it.

Breakout: I mean, I had to mention Breakout, it's one of the most famous and iconic games of all time. It spawned a genre of itself, which includes Taito's Arkanoid - that's right, Square Enix just owns the clone, not the real deal. Maybe an AT or a stage works best for this, though I should mention that the original arcade has artwork that interprets the game as a prisoner knocking a ball-and-chain into a wall to escape, so that's unique.

Centipede: an all-time classic and just a plain fun game. Depending on the source, the player character in the game is either a garden gnome wielding a magic wand, an elf called the Archer, or the Bug Blaster, shooting at bugs. You could definitely come up with something here. Besides the shots, he could spawn bugs (including the titular Centipedes), use bombs, and drop mushrooms and flowers like Pac-Man's hydrants.

Tank/Combat: not much you can do here beyond having a tank that shoots shells and drops mines, but again, I felt like I had to mention them because of their huge success (you look at a screenshot of Combat, you'll probably know what I'm talking about).

Crystal Castles: not one of the classics, but it does have an actual defined character called Bentley Bear, but there's no moveset beyond jumping.

Gauntlet: a two/four-player game where you control four characters (Thor the warrior, Merlin the wizard, Thyra the valkyrie and Questor the elf) in a fantasy environment, using magic and stuff. This could work as an Ice Climbers-style character, though four could be too much.

Haunted House: I just wanted to mention this game because you play as a pair of eyes in the darkness.

I, Robot: not actually based on the novel, in this game you play as Unhappy Interface Robot #1984 in its rebellion against Big Brother (subtle). Again, moveset-wise it's lacking, but where else am I gonna get to mention that? (I promise no more of these)

Kangaroo: a Donkey Kong clone where you play as Mama, a mother kangaroo who wields boxing gloves and must jump over apples to rescue her joey from the evil Ape (with a capital A). Not the most famous game, or the best, but a character with moveset potential is there.

Marble Madness: I believe it's impossible to come up with a moveset for a marble but this game is a masterpiece, not just for the arcade but the NES as well, so a stage is very much deserved.

Missile Command: again, there isn't a character here, but this is another seminal title. Hell, it might be the earliest example of videogames as art, with its statement on nuclear annihilation.

Paperboy: another one of those iconic classics, and one that most NES fans know about. Good ol' Paperboy, could he work in Smash? Maybe not, as he can only throw papers (dunno if he can do something else in Paperboy 64, but I'd assume he can't), but this is the kind of character you include for the legacy, not the moveset potential, so maybe he can use the many weird and delightful hazards in his favor.

Pit-Fighter: this game is pretty trash but it's a fighting game with tons of characters, with unique moves and weapons that can be picked up. If it were a better-known game, maybe it would be a frontrunner.

Pong: I don't think I have to say anything about Pong.

Primal Rage: also known as that arcade fighter where you play as dinosaurs. It would definitely work, but it's not the title you'd choose to represent Atari.

SwordQuest: this series of games has a deep and pretty interesting plot starting twins Torr and Tarra, but I'll skip it because it's all just part of a contest. The games themselves could have moveset potential in the form of the items you have to move (not use, move) between rooms, and I'm sure the twins do cool stuff in the comics that accompany the games, but the games themselves are pretty unremarkable so you might as well go with Adventure.

Yar's Revenge: you play as who else but Yar, a bug-like creature on a mission to defeat the Qotile. A 2600 classic, it has a plot, it's fairly complex for its age, but ultimately there's not much Yar can do except fire its Zorlon Cannon.

There's other games, of course, but I think that's a pretty good crash course. So, do I think any of these could be getting into Smash?

Chance: 0%

Hell naw. First off, the Atari 2600 was a catastrophic failure in Japan. So I don't think it's an easy sell to that audience, and I wouldn't be surprised if its the one hole in Sakurai's encyclopedic knowledge of videogames, as it's before he started caring and not nearly as influential in his homeland (beyond Pong obviously). Maybe the arcade games that were huge here were huge there, but that still means Atari was just an arcade dev for them, no more influential than Taito, Bally or Midway.

Also, many of Atari's biggest icons weren't owned by them. I'm mostly referring to Activision's Pitfall Harry, but also Pac-Man, and Space Invaders.

Plus, rights issues. Who has to be contacted? Does Nintendo even know? Would both companies have to be licensed with? It's a flustercuck and a potential headache for Nintendo.

Then there's competition. If you want a rep from this era, honestly aside from Paperboy or the Bug Blaster, maybe you'd just be better off with Pitfall Harry. If you're going to deal with Warner, why not just go for a Mortal Kombat character? And barring that, Scribblenauts?

Finally, moveset. I'm all for something like the guy from Adventure pulling a Mr. Game & Watch/Pac-Man and repping many of Atari's classic games, but other than that, they don't have a lot of defined characters with moveset potential, and even Paperboy and Centipede take some creativity to envision.

Want: 80%
I have tons more characters I'd like to see, but Atari's a huge part of gaming history and that's what Smash is all about, right? It's not the splashiest of choices or one that would sell like hotcakes but man, it's almost like, Sakurai's duty to inform the uninformed of these parts of gaming history. Without Atari we might not even have an industry today - that's how much they've done. And with the sorry state they're in today, at least something in Smash would be a good eulogy.

Noms: Noctis x5
Prediction: 46%

Edit: man, somehow I wrote all that but forgot about Asteroids. I suck. Anyway give Asteroids AT Samurai

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x110
Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x110
Noctis Lucis Caelum x105
[Rerate] 2B x105
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x100
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x85
Vault Boy x85

100 - 51

Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80
X (Mega Man) x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Toxtricity x75
Sackboy x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Crypto x65
Kazuma Kiryu x65
Decidueye x60
Freddy Fazbear x57
Reporter & Wrestler x55
Gex x55
The Blob (De Blob) x55
Carmen Sandiego x55
[Rerate] Waluigi x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Dante x50
Meowth x46
Earthworm Jim x45
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x41
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Chun-Li x33
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x30
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x30

Under 25

Urbosa x23
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Boss: Ender Dragon x18
Giygas x17
Rival Pokémon Trainer x16
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x15
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
Concept: Echo Fighters post-Fighter Pass x15
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Phoenix Wright and Vault Boy pass Ryo Hazuki, Hollow Knight Mii Costume and X and tie for sixth place with Ryu Hayabusa. Ryo, X and the Knight fall off the top seven.

Gex, The Blob, Carmen Sandiego and Waluigi sneak past the 50 nom mark.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 I think more than by a fighter, Atari would be better represented by assist trophies. An Asteroids AT like you mentioned would be awesome for instance.
Don't get me wrong, there's potential to have an Atari mash-up fighter à la Mr Game & Watch. Paperboy, Asteroids, Pong, frigging Breakout... I can definitely see these being different specials or included in the basic moveset, even though they'd make more sense as ATs.

That said... Pong kinda already exists as an AT (through one of its clones). One could argue Atari is already represented that way. Regardless, that leaves skeptical as to the odds of getting a full-fledged Atari rep if they never bothered to get in touch with them for an original Pong AT, or Asteroids, or Breakout. Sakurai's proven many times he's not above walking the extra mile for the Smash games. That he didn't there speaks volumes to me...

Chance: 0.1%
Can't give more than that despite the importance Atari had... like GoodGrief pointed out already, who should even be contacted for this? Should they all be contacted and contracted with? What about moveset potential vs being ATs? Lack of presence in Japan? All that stacks up and can't be ignored.

Want: abstain
On the one hand, Paperboy or the Breakout clones (+ others) were really fun to play and are part of the reason why I fell in love with video games as a kid... on the other hand, I'm not in desperate need of an Atari rep. What would even be the "mash-up" character? A single bar since it's used in both Pong and Breakout? The tiny Asteroids spaceship? I'm afraid what Atari lacks the most is a recognisable face - barring E-T I suppose.

Predictions: Sora - 26%
Popular and all that, but whenever his name comes up in speculation, there's mention of Disney and other things. That'll surely lower the % he'd otherwise get.

Nominations: Kiryu Kazuma x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
My post was less about you being hostile and more about you passing off Atari as some random obscure company. With the Atari 2600 as well as major hits like Asteroids and Centipede, Atari is one of the most well-known video game companies in history. Heck, Atari created freaking Pong which is one of the most influential games in history (if not the most influential).

Look, I get if you don't want an Atari character in Smash or think that it won't actually happen. But at the very least look into their history before saying silly things like Atari being bland because of a few bad games or no one caring about them. Even my dad who doesn't give a crap about video games knows about Atari and their legacy.
Yeah, sorry. I guess I just should’ve abstained entirely.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Abstaining on Atari. It's known for creating classic and legendary titles, and my father had an Atari console as a kid, but I'm not sure there's much fighter material here. Feel free to prove me wrong with a moveset though.

Sora: 37.65%

Toxtricity x5

(Side note: I absolutely loved Asteroids and Missile Command as a kid. My father found a website so I could play them. Also, does anyone remember Berzerk?)

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Atari Rep

Chance: 5%. Most Atari Reps would not have a chance, and even then, the chances are slim. But that does not mean it's completely unlikely. There are a few occasional chances, but since many ideas are not from video games, this puts it at a lower level.

Want: 50%. An Atari Rep would not hurt, but the choices may be difficult. But in all honesty, would not be as bad as most others think. I think as long as they are fun to play as, it is good enough to be in the roaster. It would also be surprising as well.

Not part of the rating, but of the Atari Games, my main favourite Atari games are the Atari Godzilla Trilogy as they are fun fighting games, with lots of fun kaiju and epic music.

Prediction: Sora: 5%

Noms: 2 for Echo: Dark Bowser (14E) and 3 for Boss: Ender Dragon

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Atari rep

There is no denying that Atari has left its place in gaming history. The 2600 was one of the founding fathers of widespread swappable cartridge systems, the concept of which would later evolve into systems such as the NES. Heck, even Nintendo put their early games on it! That said though, I just can't see this happening as a DLC pick. Atari has had a ton of financial issues within the last 10 years alone (filed for bankruptcy in 2013 and had to rely on crowdfunding for a project in 2017) while the rights to their games are all over the place. It doesn't help that they are Western owned which I still think may pose trouble for newcomers even after Banjo. Also I just learned from GoodGrief's post that Atari flopped hard in Japan which I think is a death sentence for a character's chances. I feel if anything this would be a base game addition at best, but the Pong clone being an AT gives me the feeling Sakurai doesn't really plan to go out of his way to give that era of games more representation.

As far as who the Atari rep would be, the main one I imagine would be an Atari character similar to Game & Watch where their moves represents different games. Like others have said though, deciding on the character seems like a hassle of its own.

Want: 50%
Atari has a lot of legacy and I even had one of those Atari plug and play controllers growing up. I'd love for an Atari stage that changes into different Atari games. I'd be ok with this happening but of course there are still a ton of other characters I'd like to see first.

Sora chance prediction: 26.52% (didn't we just recently rate him?)

Nominations:
2B x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sora chance prediction: 26.52% (didn't we just recently rate him?)
I believe the last time we rated him was before more DLC was announced, which is a big deal.

At least with me, I gave him a 1% chance score last time because Hero took the Square Enix spot for the pass. But with more DLC coming, that changes everything.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The Game Guy
Chance:
100%
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 was right! I had a dream that they added the square from Adventure and as a prophet that clearly means-

Real Chance: 1%
I loved GoodGrief's wrap-up up there (and I'm sorry Sari but your reaction to that one guy killed me - finally, I'm not the one shaking her fist at these darn kids!). Atari was so influential, but mostly in the West outside of the games everyone knows and copied like Pong. The console itself wasn't big in Japan, they had plenty of competition in the arcade market (by their own former employees, in fact), and the rights to all the properties they own are a legal quagmire. Even a Game & Watch-style character that takes from their classic properties is a bit difficult to envision, not that that should affect their chance, but you know.

Want: 40%
I have a huge soft spot for classic arcade games and Atari's great old school titles. Marble Madness is a classic. Asteroids would be an amazing stage or assist trophy. I actually love Adventure as a game and think it really holds up today and I could see elements from it being used in a moveset, which is probably why my dream decided it could happen. I mean he has a sword, a chalice, dragons...

Even if we extend this to Atari-associated characters and series there's stuff like Missile Command, Yars Revenge, and Circus Atari. Plus the Swordquest games! Gauntlet! Paperboy! Plenty more! Tons of classic old school titles to draw inspiration from. However, that doesn't mean character inspiration. I think Atari representation is somewhat included in the Color TV Game assist trophy, or at least Pong is, but I would love to see some Atari inspiration in a stage, assist trophy, or even spirit events.

Atari even did the Amiga ST, a super influential home computer, right up there with the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 in Europe. Show some respect on Atari's name if just for what they did to build the games industry to what it is now.

By the way, if anyone is interested in the history of Atari, I highly recommend reading The Ultimate History of Videogames by Steven L. Kent. It only goes up to 2001 but it's such a fascinating look at the company and its practices and even dives into the home computer scene which you never really hear about if you're not in Europe. Trust me, the kind of stuff they got away with is insane and GoodGrief only touched on a fraction of it all.

Nominations: Kazuma Kiryu x5

Predictions: Sora - 20%

Yeah, sorry. I guess I just should’ve abstained entirely.
Oooooor you could do your research. I promise it's fun and makes speculation that much more enjoyable by opening avenues you never would've thought of otherwise. I swear, this thread sometimes...

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. Even with GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 's history lesson, I honestly don't have an opinion on Atari. Although if Awesome Possum got in, it would be hilarious.

Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x3, Chun-Li x2

Also, we're getting a Pokemon Direct on Thursday. Are we gonna do predictions on that, or is that just for normal Directs?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Atari rep

Chance 1 - Only thing I got is if Sakurai really wanted to include the legacy of Atari in the game as a playable character and made someone like Pac Man. Otherwise yeah, probably not happening. Flopping in Japan really hurts the idea of this ever becoming reality.

Want 60 - I'd be fine with it. Atari is one of the most legendary names in gaming. Might be better repped with everything but a fighers(music, spirits, AT, Stage) but it's so big in the west I feel like it would be hard to argue against seeing it in the game in some way

Predict Sora - Oh boy, this one is tough to read. 32%

Noms
Vault Boy x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Also, we're getting a Pokemon Direct on Thursday. Are we gonna do predictions on that, or is that just for normal Directs?
Expecting something related to Smash is a stretch, so I don't think we should. Usually we do predictions for Smash Directs, Nintendo Directs (where Smash reveals are likely to happen) and the big things like E3 and TGA.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I have to say that this thread has made me go back and play some Atari games (I have Atari Anthology on PS2). Some of my favorites are Warlords, Centipede, Millipede, Black Widow, Pong, and Tempest. I don't play these games often, but they are a treat to play occasionally.

I have to thank this thread (and Smashboards in general) for getting me interested in new games. I got curious about Hotel Dusk Room 215 during Kyle Hyde's day. I picked it up recently and I'm glad I did. It's a hidden gem on the DS.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Atari Rep
It looks like Atari crashed and burned in Japan. That alone probably spells doom for an Atari rep. Although, I wouldn't put it passed Sakurai to consider an Atari rep. He loves classic games so might hold an attachment to one.

Want: 25%
I could accept an Atari rep coming to smash, but I don't have any on my wish list. However, Paper Boy could be a hilarious joke character. I used to watch my Dad play this game a lot when I was little and didn't know that it was an Atari game (he played it on NES).

Reveal Trailer:
Wario is riding his bike down the street. Everything is peaceful until he almost hits a kid riding a bike. Wario turns and yells at the kid only to be hit the the face by a flying newspaper. Wario is knocked off his bike and angrily grabs the paper only to be startled by the headline. It's a picture of the kid he almost ran over with a Smash Logo in the background. The headline reads:
PAPER BOY: Delivers the pain

After the game play is shown off, the scene cuts back to Wario. He looks up and an army of Paper boys are standing there. The bury him in newspapers and the trailer ends.

Paperboy would be a pretty fast character and have below average jumping ability

Dash Attack: Paperboy stops and an Old Lady smacks people with a rolling pin

Specials
Neutral B: Paper Toss
Throws a Paper. Could be like a Belmont Axe or Cross that doesn't come back.

Side B: Tire Hazard
A random bike tire goes flying away from the Paperboy. It's not his bike tire either.

Up B: Tornado:
Paperboy gets sucked into a tornado and thrown upwards. Like Hero's Up B but doesn't need to be charged.

Down B: Dog:
A random dog shows up and starts chasing enemy fighters around. If no enemy fighters are nearby, the dog will chase the Paperboy around until one comes near. The dog can be defeated and will time out after a little bit. Only 1 dog per Paperboy at a time.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Same as Isabelle Up smash but summons a Tree, a Tombstone, a Stone Post, or a Trash Can. You get 300 points for hitting the attack (like in the game)
Up Smash: A Dancing Guy shows up and starts break dancing. Has hitboxes like Wolf's Up Smash
Down Smash: The Paperboy does donuts on his bike, hitting all around him.

Air:
Neutral: Does a flip in the air, swinging his bike
Up: Swings messenger bag upward
Forward: Swings back of bike around and hits with it (idk what that trick is called)
Back: Shulk back air, but stabs backwards with bike instead
Down: Stomps bike downwards. Spikes

Tilts:
Forward: Turns bike front wheel and hits you with handle bars (could also be jab)
Up: Joker Up tilt, but dagger is now a newspaper
Down: A sewer man peeks out of a manhole. Same thing as Mr. Game & Watch's down Tilt

Throws:
Forward: Bowser down throw but he lands a Wheelie on you
Up: Normal toss up
Down: Runs over target

Final Smash: Headline
Basically Duck Hunt and Joker Final Smash combined. Replace the hunters with the dogs, old ladies with rolling pins and the D-Bag motocyclists. Executes at a certain %.

Easter Egg: if anyone is executed by the Final Smash, a newpaper headline with their character select screen art for the pic shows up saying they got fired.

Taunts
Paperboy yells "Extra Extra"
Bike Bell
Wheelies

Stage: IDFK

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 gave me the idea to make the concept in his awesome post above. I probably would have abstained if it wasn't for you making that post.

EDIT: Forgot Noms

Noms: Echo FIghters post past x

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Atari Representative

Chance: 15% - Atari's an interesting case. It has plenty of history with Nintendo with the Donkey Kong and Mario Bros ports, along with Atari developing several games for the NES and Atari nearly being the NES' distributor in the west. They are historical as a whole and created a lot of the standards that consoles still follow to this day in regards to design. I can see the historical aspects being very appealing to Sakurai.

Problem is, that Nintendo has a huge say in DLC choices. The issue is the lack of recency in the relationship, along with the issues their brand faces in the modern day. I doubt Nintendo would see much benefit in including an Atari character as DLC when the choice likely wouldn't be profitable. It's not promoting anything and isn't highly demanded by fans unfortunately. There's also the problem of who. While characters like Centipede and Pitfall Harry are famous among Atari characters, they aren't well known to the modern gaming community, and haven't exactly made waves since the 2600 era. Overall, there's a chance, but it pretty much rests on Sakurai and their history from back in the day.

Want: 1% - It would make for an interesting novelty pick, but I don't have any history with Atari so I can't see myself getting very excited.

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
Sora - 27.32%

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Atari representative

Chance - 0.05% - Atari has a great collection of arcade-era classics, but in the modern day they kinda have dissolved and getting a character might be a Frankenstein rights nightmare. Atari also lacks a clear leader like Pac-Man in terms of a clear mascot. Combined with lack of demand and being mostly a western company, they have very little to stand on.

Want - 40% - On one hand, I can appreciate the guys who essentially made Video Games as we know them today. On the other hand, I'm not supper attracted to them either. I won't mind them compared to most, but there are defently characters I would prefer to get in over them.

Predictions

Sora - 16.45% - Who knows?

Nominations

De Blob

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Atari's an interesting case. it has a bit of Nintendo history with the Donkey Kong and Mario Bros ports, but outside of that the relationship is basically nonexistent.
Did you miss the part where Atari developed games for Nintendo consoles?

If that's not enough for you, then how about the fact that Atari almost distributed the Famicom in the West.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Also there is the Atari Flashback Collection on Switch.....just throwing that out there in case someone wants to say that the two companies have not had any recent collaborations.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Atari character
Chance: 0.1%
Atari doesn't really have a definitive choice for a character. Most of them either being generic or hard to make up movesets for. And Atari is pretty much dead nowadays outside of rereleases of old 2600/arcade games.
Want: 1%
I was gonna give 0 until I realized they owned Awesome Possum, and him getting in Smash sounds funny to me. There's also a few Atari games with cool music, like Marble Madness.

Sora prediction: 35.82%
Noms: Phoenix Wright x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Predict Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn.

Day will end Thursday at 8 pm EST.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Kingdom Hearts mood:

I believe the last time we rated him was before more DLC was announced, which is a big deal.

At least with me, I gave him a 1% chance score last time because Hero took the Square Enix spot for the pass. But with more DLC coming, that changes everything.
I realized what it was: we rated Geno recently and for some reason that made me think we also rated Sora. I don't know why that happened, I guess I just often associate them with each other for being popular Square Enix-related picks.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
MY BOY

Chance: 50%

Sora’s stuck in the Realm Between in terms of chances. On one hand, he is owned by Disney, a company very protective of their IP’s. On the other hand, that doesn’t 100% stop him from getting in. Here’s some proof:

He might not be FP5, per se, but I’m confident he’ll at least be future DLC.

Want: 100%

YES. YES. YES. Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite franchises EVER. I’ve been wanting Sora in Smash ever since early 2017, when I was well a fan of the series. The KH YouTuber HMK has organized everything I could ever want if Sora ever got in Smash:

Aloy: 0%

Noms: Claude von Rerate x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I was gonna do this big justification thing for my Atari ratings but I decided not to after all.

The key to victory is within him.

Chance: I'm gonna be charitable this time and assume Disney won't **** up negotiations with Sakurai! Sora gets a 25% from me, he seems like the perfect kind of "impossible" character a lot of people would associate with Smash Ultimate, where Inklings and Isabelle were the only obvious characters (and even then, Isabelle was only obvious because of Kapp'n) and many impossible dreams have come true (Ridley, Castlevania, King K. Rool, Persona, Dragon Quest, Banjo-Kazooie, at some point or another all of these were considered pipe dreams), so I think Sora is one of the ones next in line now. Still, he's owned by Disney, and Nintendo would need to abide by what Mickey says. Or else. So Sakurai still might not think it's worth it.

Want: No change in my personal tastes, but I'll give him a 50%. Mostly because a lot of people would be really happy to see him. Also, even if I wasn't a fan of KH1 enough to beat it, the combat mechanics of mainline (at least) are fantastic and should be in Smash anyway.

Lloyd x 5, please help me keep him in the top 5. Move that to Assist Trophies if and only if today's the day the top 7 are locked in. Aloy is a Sony character, so I think a 0.64% will be fitting.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Simple and clean is the way that you make me feel tonight...

Oh boy. There is a lot to discuss about Sora. I'll dive in with his positives first.

Kingdom Hearts is iconic and very popular worldwide. I've seen Sora rank high in fan polls and I'll even go as far as say that he is one of the most requested characters not in Smash yet. He's got fan demand from both east and west. Kingdom Hearts has an art style that would fit wonderfully in Smash. Sora has a lot of potential to be an interesting character, with his keyblade and his many magic/special abilities. Kingdom Hearts has had several appearances on Nintendo systems, mostly with their portable systems and I can see Kingdom Hearts getting a collection on Switch some time in the future.

https://www.hypable.com/sora-in-smash-ultimate-kingdom-hearts/

The above source states that Sora is owned by Disney (though they can't leisurely use him without going to Square Enix first). It also states that Disney is not very strict and would probably be fine with Sora being in Smash. So to the people that say that Sora has no chance because "Disney", that is not a big issue at all. Disney is not this stingy company that won't allow anybody else to borrow their IPs. And when it comes to a reputable series like Smash and a renowned creator like Sakurai, it's very unlikely that they would outright reject Sora being in Smash.

Now onto Sora's problems. One thing about Disney is that the licensing fees would probably be very high (just look at their DVDs/Blu-rays and merchandising which is high in pricing and rarely goes on sale). This problem would probably also involve the music, as the composer is known to be stingy (plus Square Enix's dumb 2 songs per game rule). I do think that Nintendo and Sakurai will make a valiant effort to get Sora into Smash before everything is said and done, but Sora might end up being a standalone DLC pack that will be slightly more expensive.

Now onto the elephant in the room: Kingdom Hearts being 50% Disney content (or in some cases more, cough cough Kingdom Hearts 3 cough cough). After seeing many discussions about this topic I can say with confidence that Sora would work fine without any Disney content. There are still plenty of Kingdom Hearts original locations, music, and characters that can be used for a stage and spirits while keeping the charm of Kingdom Hearts. Plus they can easily change the Mickey Mouse logo on the keyblade to something like the Smash logo. The problem with this whole thing is that Sakurai likes to keep franchises closely resembling to their home games as much as possible. Some people will say that just having Goofy and Donald in Sora's final smash or having some Disney characters be spirits would be okay. However, I'm not sure about that. Even including a tiny bit of Disney content would still open a can of worms and if there is one thing that Sakurai has stayed adamant about for a long time, it's that there will never be 4th party content in Smash. Again, it's totally possible for Kingdom Hearts representation to not have any Disney content, but if you remove 50% of the charm of Kingdom Hearts, is it really Kingdom Hearts at that point?

As for Sora's competition, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Disney does own Kingdom Hearts, but they still have to go to Square Enix for permission. So that might mean that Sora is competing against other Square characters like Geno and Lara Croft. I don't really know how to interpret this so I'll leave it there.

In conclusion, Sora has very high fan demand, Nintendo history, and Disney has seemingly already gave their blessing. But the fact that Kingdom Hearts is 50% Disney, combined with high licensing fees, means that there is a 50/50 chance of Sora getting into Smash. It really depends on if Nintendo and Sakurai wants to go through with the licensing fees and issues or not and if Sakurai is comfortable with Kingdom Hearts only having its original content represented.

Want: 70%

I haven't played the Kingdom Hearts games for too long, but they are definitely charming. I would like to see Sora get into Smash to see all his fans get hyped and be happy. Kingdom Hearts is huge, and deserves representation in the biggest crossover of all time. Finally, three words: Simple and Clean.

Predictions: Aloy - 0.50% (Sony character that isn't Kratos, Nathan Drake, Ellie, or Ratchet and Clank. Yeah no chance)

Noms: Crypto x5

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Did you miss the part where Atari developed games for Nintendo consoles?

If that's not enough for you, then how about the fact that Atari almost distributed the Famicom in the West.
To be fair, I'm not too familiar with Atari's history, so I'm sorry if I came off as rather ignorant. With those facts in mind I'll boost the chance rating up.

Thank you for the information! ^u^

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Oh boy...
Chance:1%: I don't see this happening. Disney is known to be very hard to negotiate in regards to fighting games (read: Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite). And as well, he also is partially owned by Square who has A: Geno, and B: Is also very difficult to negotiate with. I just don't see this happening.
Want:0%: Note, this isn't because of the character. Sora getting in Smash would be awesome and I'm down for it. But I don't want Disney anywhere NEAR Smash after what they did to MvC. Sorry, I can't reasonabally say i can want Sora in Smash because of this. He would be cool... but Disney.
Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Sora
Chance: 15%
Sora is pretty highly requested, no doubts about that. With the current info we have, I'm still not thinking it's likely. Hero means that Sora is almost locked out of Fighters Pass #5 contention, and with no info about the next DLC wave besides it's existence, it's really hard to say.

Want: 50%
I'm neutral on Sora. If he's in, cool. If not, also cool.

Predictions: Aloy 2%

Noms: Echo fighters post pass x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
When you walk away...

At this point, Sora has everything going for him. He's incredibly iconic, successful, relevant, demanded, has Nintendo history, loads of moveset potential. He's one of the most wanted characters for Smash, in Japan and in the West, by casuals and the hardcore. He's the showstopper, anywhere and anytime you drop him you break the internet. He could be an E3 reveal or a Pass starter. The only thing I can pretty much guarantee is that he isn't FP5 because he's just too big for that.

Much has been made about the fact that Disney owns him, and would therefore either be hard to deal with or make Sora super expensive. Seriously? Do you honestly think that Disney cares about the Kingdom Hearts IP, or for that matter, videogames? Need I remind you that this is the same company that made EA turn off microtransactions for a AAA online shooter? As far as respectful representation goes, Disney always leaves this in Nomura's hands, and I'm sure that would be perfectly fine with Sakurai as well. As far as pricing goes? I mean, if push comes to shove, they can just have less music. I doubt it'll be anything more than that.

As for having Disney elements, I think KH can absolutely be represented just through its original elements and that doesn't remove anything or lessen its accuracy. Sora himself doesn't need Donald & Goofy in his moveset, he has more than enough to work with. Frankly, I'd prefer it this way. I like to keep Smash strictly about games.

As for competition, Sora is technically owned by Disney, but very much a Square Enix character. So characters like Geno and Lara Croft could be competition (imo he easily wins). And while I don't think the "one character per company" thing is a rule per-se, I do think it'll hold up. However Sora is the perfect loophole, and as Disney competition goes, we just have, like, Guybrush Threepwood and Manny Calavera, who, while cool, are probably not getting in soon.

As for whether Sora is a videogame character, of course he is you idiot.

Want: 100%
Kingdom Hearts is just great. It's so genuine and earnest. Sora goes beyond being a generic RPG protagonist and honestly becomes something truly unique due to just how pure he is. And I dunno, it's just this whole epic saga that I've been following since I was like 9. Seeing him in Smash would be amazing.

Noms: Noctis x7 :awesome:
Aloy prediction: 0.08%

I don't see this happening. Disney is known to be very hard to negotiate in regards to fighting games (read: Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite)
Disney wasn't "hard to negotiate with", Marvel had a corporate mandate to exclude X-Men characters from media to weaken the brand. That's a very specific issue that's moot now because 1. Disney bought them back and 2. Kevin Feige was made the boss of all Marvel and can now override Ike Perlmutter (the famous racist douche that was responsible for that mandate).
Is also very difficult to negotiate with.
Read literally any interview about Hero's inclusion and see if you can still claim SE is hard to deal with.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Sora

Chance: 40% - Sora's a very iconic character from an extremely popular franchise, and regularly appears in a top spot on fan polls. Despite the main series Kingdom Hearts games not appearing on Nintendo systems, there's still the fair share of spinoff adventures such as Dream Drop Distance (though I don't know the series too well so feel free to correct me). That's still more than can be said for a lot of characters! While Sora's owned by Disney, they still need to negotiate with Square to use him, so with him also being Square on a technicality (and his games being made for them) I doubt he'll be FP5 (since there probably won't be double dipping). But post-pass DLC is a much different story!

Disney is surprisingly easy to negotiate with, and are no stranger to crossovers, so I doubt they'd deny Sora in Smash, especially given Sakurai's good reputation. While Sora could be done without any extra Disney content (there's many Kingdom Hearts-specific locations and characters, which could easily fill the stage and spirits), I'm sure Disney would allow for a few of their characters to make an appearance and Sakurai could allow it, as long as they stick to their game incarnations. Sora's just not complete without Donald and Goofy! But even if it came down to purely Kingdom Hearts-Original content, Disney I'm sure would make negotiations easy. The main issue on the Disney side is price. Licensing Disney-owned characters is extremely expensive, and Nintendo might not find the cost worth it. But I'm sure they could work out a good deal since both sides benefit.

Then there's the Square Enix side. Square is also pretty easy to negotiate with and has the advantage of legacy, having already negotiated two other characters for Smash. If Disney agreed then I don't see why Square wouldn't agree either. being Square though, the issue is music, though I doubt Sakurai would let that stop Sora. He'd figure something out, especially since some composers are more generous than others.

Overall, there's no downside to Sora's inclusion, and with both sides being easy to negotiate with and the fan demand behind the character, Sora's chances are looking good as ever!

Want: 20% - I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game myself, but the whole Disney element and Sora's unique weapon make him a more anime-esque character that I'd be surprisingly interested in seeing! He's really made a legacy for himself, and even if he was originally a joke and a pipe dream I think this is his time to shine. Plus I know his inclusion would make a lot of people happy!

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
Aloy - 0.41%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And now I've got Simple and Clean stuck in my head. Damn it.

Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x115
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x110
Noctis Lucis Caelum x110
[Rerate] 2B x110
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x105
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x90
Vault Boy x90

100 - 51

[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80
X (Mega Man) x80
Toxtricity x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Kazuma Kiryu x75
Sackboy x70
Crypto x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Freddy Fazbear x65
Decidueye x60
Gex x60
The Blob (De Blob) x60
Carmen Sandiego x60
Reporter & Wrestler x55
[Rerate] Waluigi x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Dante x50
Meowth x46
Earthworm Jim x45
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x41
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Chun-Li x35
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x35
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x30

Under 25

Urbosa x23
Boss: Ender Dragon x21
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Concept: Echo Fighters post-Fighter Pass x20
Giygas x17
Rival Pokémon Trainer x16
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x15
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x8
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Meta Knight Echo passes Claude von Riegan to become the number one in the top seven. Phoenix Wright and Vault Boy kick Ryu Hayabusa off the top seven and remain locked in a tie for sixth place.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Sora

Chance 50 - One of the higher chances of all the characters not in. Sora is requested. Sora is iconic. Sora has great moveset potential. Sora is from a company that has given characters to Smash already. Only 1 issue come to mind here. That would be competition, which is the likes of Lara Croft who is more iconic and Geno who is more requested. I don't think there's a reality we get multiple SE characters in post pass DLC unless it goes on for longer than I expect it to, so with only 1 spot left that could make things really tough.

Want 70 - This would be a great addition to the Smash roster. Sora wouldnt feel out of place on the roster at all and is easily iconic enough to feel like a big deal. Is one of the very few obvious great additions out there

Predict Aloy - 0%

Noms
Vault Boy x5

As for whether Sora is a videogame character, of course he is you idiot.
Oh god, I forgot that we went through that debate not long ago. What a stupid period that was.

Top Bottom