• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
New Story Mode

Chance: 60%

Want: 100%

The trailer seemed scream a more serious tone compared to Wii U/3DS so I think It's a good chance there will be one. Especially if the game does mostly reuse Assets and expands on more content.

Hades Prediction: 9.76%

Nomination

Lucas x10

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
New story mode
Chance: 20%
I don't see it happening. More likely there will just be Smash run and/or a new adventure mode.

It was fun in Brawl and there's potential, so yeah!

Hades: 15.5%
Nominations: Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x3, Mipha x2

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
New Story Mode want: 15%

Would be higher if I were certain it wouldn't take away development time or resources from characters or competitive features.

Nominations:

FE Spear User x5

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
New Story Mode

Chance: 40%
Sakurai's only working on one game, and all the assets from the Wii U can be ported over, so there could be time for it. Still, I have my reason to doubt.

Obviously I want this. Just not sure if it'll turn out good.

Hades Prediction: 13.6%

Nominations: Mipha x5

Koopaul

Smash Champion
New Story Mode
Chance: 50%
There is absolutely no way of knowing what Sakurai will do with the extra modes. I could see him doing it again, but maybe not. After all, he was upset that all those cutscenes were spoiled by the internet which he thought was the reward for playing Subspace.
Want: 30%
Honestly I'd rather have a more indepth Adventure Mode from Melee but with more levels and actual bosses.

Prediction for Hades
Chance: 15%
Want: 20%

Nominations:
Barbara the Bat ×2
Slime ×2
Qbby ×1

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well... I think I will abstain today, I don't have idea what to say xD

Prediction time!

Hades: 11.3%

Nomination time!

Micaiah (Fire Emblem) x5

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Now this is a story mode all about how

An Inklings life got switched, turned upside down

And I'd like to take a seat without further ado

And tell you how she became a newcomer in the sequel of Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Chance- 35%
Sakurai wasnt pleased when leaks happened last time there was a story mode. It also takes a LOT of work to make one. However, the single player content of Smash 4 (or lack there of) was criticized, and there is no burden of making 2 versions of this game anymore. Im still not holding my breath.

Want- 100%
HELL. YES.
IMO SSE helped shape Brawls style/personality/tone and made the game really fun and memorable. Fox and Diddy Kong taking up Rayquaza? Snake and Meta Knight taking back the Halberd? King Dedede breaking Luigis spine and launching him into orbit with his hammer? How can you NOT wanna see these? With so many new worlds and characters, it would help this new game be truly unforgettable. This may upset people, but I personally found Smash 4 kinda bland...

Bad game??? HELL NO!
Bland??? To me, kinda.

Maybe im just too nostalgic for Melee and Brawl, but with the generic art style, and lack of new and exciting game modes (and the butchering of classic mode), I found it to be one of the weaker entries. The games lacks its own unique tone. Kinda like a "New Super Mario Bros" of the series. A story mode would certainly help this new game have a much bigger impact on me.

Hades- 24.82%

Thwomp X 1
Dr. Mario X 4

D

Deleted member

New adventure mode

Chance: 40%
It mostly depends of the nature of the game again.
However given the fact Sakurai works on one version of the same game this time, this might be an indication that he'll use this saving time in order to make a proper solo mode, which Smash Wii U was severely lacking.
I wouldn't count on a SSE successor though, given how the game will more than probably have DLC and it would be awkward to place them in the story.

Want: 95%
The more content solo modes get the better.

Noms:
Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x5

Hades prediction: 37.86%

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
New Story Mode

Chance: 0%
The Subspace Emissary was a gargantuan effort for something that had a pretty lukewarm reception (in terms of gameplay, anyway). Sakurai said he's not gonna do it again, but then again, he says a lot of things.

Want: 80%
I loved Subspace, and I'd love to see it again.

Hades prediction: 10%

Nominations:
Travis Touchdown x3
Funky Kong x2

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
New Story Mode:
Chance:60%
So here me out on this one. A story mode does not have to be like Subspace. Another way they could do it is to have multiple smaller stories. Perhaps each focusing on the newcomers. Or maybe it would be divided by series. Like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc. And the smaller series could be paired with others.

Another thing to think about is there doesn't have to be animated cutscenes. They could always go the visual novel style route. Granted that runs the risk of looking cheap, but it is always an option.

Characters getting an intro story and an outro story in classic mode could also therotically count as a new story mode.

More chances for characters to interact is always good.

Nominations: Ashley (Warioware) x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
New story mode chances: 27%
Could be possible, but would be a big development time sink and it would be hard to fit everyone in the story somehow, considering the roster is gonna be considerably bigger than Brawl's. I'm suspecting other single player modes instead.

New story mode want: 30%
Again, it would probably a big development time sink and I'd rather have that time being devoted to characters so we can have as little cuts as possible, as well as a bigger variety of single player mode. Smash Run was an awesome way to have many Nintendo enemies in a platforming challenge, and I feel I'd prefer Smash Run back or another similar game mode without the need of a story.

I'd be down with a Melee-like adventure mode, but I personally don't count it as a story, at least not automatically: there's the possibility that something more similar to Melee's adventure mode gameplay-wise would be given an actual story, albeit a small one, that's my personal favorite way to implement this concept.

Hades prediction: 5.26%

Nominating:
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x4
Returning game mode: Smash Run x1

Yeah I know I said I would now give my nominations to the character artwork concept, just making a small exception today because mentioning Smash Run made me want to give it just one.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
New Story Mode

Chance: 30% - Sakurai didn't go with a story mode in Smash 4 because he didn't want the cutscenes to be spoiled. That reason wasn't very popular with the fanbase, and to my knowledge, a good bit of people missed it. If Smash Switch reuses a lot of Smash 4's assets, cutting down development time, it's certainly possible Sakurai will bring back a sort of story mode. However, that does mean that he'd have to go against his previous mindset, but that isn't too big a problem since he's done so before.

Want: 100% - Hell yeah.

Nominations: Slippy Toad x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Story Mode 2.0

Chance: 30%

Man, SSE was great.

I know Sakurai wasn’t really a fan of it and all of the cutscenes ending up online, and it did end up feeling like a platformer instead of Smash at times, but that was what made it interesting. He was talking about Smash Run/Smash Tour as if they were the improvements - a side game that still felt like Smash. Run was ok, but it wasn’t a story mode. Tour was a disaster.

True, SSE did make Sakurai’s pet franchise more important than others (out of the six characters you unquestionably had at the end, two were Kirbys because of deus ex machina), so I shudder to think how a new SSE would look now (Pit and co. being the only playables while everyone else is NPC or worse). Still, it was a lot of fun and made for some great single player action.

And those awesome cutscenes! Link vs. Mario because of a misunderstanding! Ganondorf more evil than Bowser, and then betraying him! Shiek pulling Fox out of the windshield of an Arwing in flight like a BAMF, and then Peach breaking up the fight with teatime? :joyful: Who cares if the cutscenes end up on YouTube? We’re really enjoying it!

Smash For was missing a lot for single players. Anything they give us will help out. Not everyone has access to excellent internet connectivity all the time, or a lot of friends to come by whenever to play.

Even if we don’t get a sequel to the SSE, I’d be happy with a Melee style adventure mode or something. Whatever can make this game more fun for single players. Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I picked up Sm4sh since I get to see my Smash buddies once every few months tops, and the past few times we haven’t even gotten to play a thing.

Sakurai’s stated that Smash is not just for the competitive crowd or the casuals, but it also shouldn’t go the way of most other franchises down the “The internet is a thing, so everyone naturally wants to play multiplayer all day every day” road. Especially if Switch is moving to paid online, that will make more people who want to play solo.

And then the Bosses will actually be imposing, and not some infuriating stage hazard that makes Pyrosphere unplayable. (Or Rids could also be playable and add to our villain count, that’d work too)

One thing I’d like to see (that helped make Smash Run the infinitely superior side mode) was more enemies from games. Remember how the Zelda section of the Adventure Mode was filled with Like Likes, Redeads, and Octoroks? Bring those in! It was a bit weird to not have any SSE enemies outside of the Koopa troop, when some would have been easy inputs (the Puppits vs. Twilight Princess’s Puppets summoned by Skull Kid).

Bring on the fun stuff!

Prediction for Hades: 11.8%
Nom: Skyrim stuff x5

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
New Story Mode Chance:
5%
It isn't impossible, but with the game getting more and more characters, it would probably have to be bigger than subspace. I don't see them putting that much work into a mode that seems to have a mixed opinion.

New Story Mode Want:
50%
On one hand, I would love another subspace style story mode. I had a ton of fun playing through subspace with my brother back in Brawl. But than again, I would rather than spend the development time on more characters, more modes, or better online.

Hades Prediction:
36.81%

Nominations:
Sylux x5

slambros

Smash Ace
Story Mode

Chance: 25%

Nominations:
Arle Nadja x1
Geno x1
Lana x1
Micaiah x1
Tethu x1

:171:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yo, the noms rankings updated:

Geno x247
Ashley (WarioWare) x243
Micaiah x235
Blue Bowser x227
Arle Nadje (Puyo Puyo) x222
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x222
Tethu (EverOasis) x222

Over 200:
Isabelle x220

199-150

Veteran: Lucas x197
Concept: veteran character artworks recycled from Smash 3DS/Wii U x182
Veteran: Mewtwo x180
Agumon x170
Ganon x166
Mike Jones (StarTropics) x165

Black Shadow x156
Bomberman x155

150-100

Music: Final Destination (Ver. 2) x145

Urban Champion x145
Impa x142
Lycanroc x141
Sans (Undertale) x133
Travis Touchdown x132
Funky Kong x132

Veteran: Greninja x131
Kamek x129
Dark Samus x129
Qbby (BoxBoy!) x128
Concept: Decloned Dark Pit x126
Pyra/Mythra (without Rex) x118

Spyro x114
Snip & Clip (Snipperclips) x111
Tsubasa Oribe (Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE) x100

99-75

Ryu Hayabusa x95
Concept: Octopath Traveller Character x95
Simon Belmont x95

Azura (Fire Emblem) x91
Masked Link x90

Lip (Panel de Pon) x90
Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You) x88
Concept: Ken Masters alt Costume for Ryu x86

Linkle x85
Concept: Marth and Roy given their English VAs x85
Concept: Decloned Ganondorf x83

Mipha x83
Excitebiker x82
Concept: Skyrim representation x80
Octoling x80

2B (Nier: Automata) x78

74-50

Fjorm (Fire Emblem) x72
Sylux x71
Cranky Kong x69

Labo related character x68
Klonoa x60
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x57
Parabo and Satebo x57
Gengar x57
Fawful (Mario & Luigi) x56
Zeraora (Pokémon) x54
Thwomp x52

Concept: Fire Emblem Spear User x50

49-30:

Veteran: Roy x48
Lara Croft x47
Katrielle Layton x46
Veronica (Fire Emblem) x44
Lloyd Irving x42
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101) x41
Papyrus (Undertale) x40
Concept: Mother Newcomer x35
Callie and Marie (Splatoon) x35
Susie (Kirby) x35
Concept: Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner x35
Concept: Wars character x33
Doshin the Giant x32
Veteran: Bayonetta x32
Balloon Fighter x31

29-15

Snorlax x29
Dragonite x27
Ray (Custom Robo) x27
Gooey (Kirby) x27
Hector (Fire Emblem) x 26
Medusa (Kid Icarus) x 26
Leo (FE Fates) x26
Returning game mode: Smash Run x25
Takumi (Fire Emblem) x25
Sophitia (Soulcalibur) x25
Django (Boktai) x25
Double Day: Sheriff / Diskun x25
Prince Fluff (Kirby) x25
Tiki (Fire Emblem) x25
Concept: Style Savvy Character x25
Steve (Minecraft) x25
Mimikyu x25

Nia and Dromarch (Xenoblade) x24
Barbara The Bat x23
Concept: Indie Character x 22
Tingle x21
Scizor x 21
Veteran: Palutena x 21
Sable Prince x21
9-Volt x21
Stage: New Donk City x21
Arcade Bunny x 20
Concept: Historical Nintendo character (Similar to Game and Watch or R.O.B.) x20
Viridi x20
Tom Nook x18
Tails x18
Sakura Shinguji x18
Veteran: Dr. Mario x18

Mach Rider x17
Poipole (Pokemon) x17
Toon Zelda x17
Endou Mamaru x16
Primarina x15
Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2) x15
Concept: Masked Dedede Final Smash x15

14 and less:

Starfy x14
Veteran: Robin x 14
Petey Piranha x13
Concept: Canon Bowser/DK/Diddy voice clips x13
Concept: Custom Moves Return x12
Mallo (Pushmo) x 12
Concept: Sonic Mania Stage x12
Concept: Capcom Character x12
Ghirahim x12
Veteran: Cloud x11
Toad x11
Veteran: Dark Pit x11
Rick/Coo/Kine (Kirby) x11
Samurai Goroh x10
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong) x10
Donkey Kong Jr. x10
Concept: Custom Final Smashes x10
Slippy Toad x10
Quote x10

Concept: F-Zero Newcomer x9
Veteran: Pac-Man x9
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) x9
Dragonborn x9
Veteran: Sonic x 7
Incineroar x7
Tora and Poppi x7
Zangoose (Pokemon) x6
Black Mage (Final Fantasy) x6
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) x6
Kozukata Yori (Fatal Frame) x5
Concept: Decloned Lucina x5
Galacta Knight (Kirby) x5
Morag and Brighid (Xenoblade) x5
Master Chief x 5
Ninten (Mother) x 5
Concept: Mega Man 11 stage x5
Concept: Return of transformation characters x5
Concept - Melee/Brawl style Classic mode x5
Ayane x5
Alm (Fire Emblem) x 5
Concept: Metroid: Samus Returns Stage x5
Asuka x5
Abraham Lincoln (Codename STEAM) x5
Masked Man (Mother 3) x5
Ayumi Tachibana x5
Itsuki Aoi x5
Concept: Shin Megami Tensei Protagonist x5
Monita (NintendoLand) x5
Cross/Rook/Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X) x5
Toon Link x5
Yooka & Laylee x5
Caeda x5
Concept: Charizard Remerged with Pokemon Trainer+complete movesets x5
King Hippo x5
Glass Joe x5
Master Hand x5
Solaire (Dark Souls) x5
Reinhardt (Fire Emblem) x5
Dr. Kawashima x5
Concept: Core Crystal Item (XC2) x5
Hyness (Kirby Star Allies) x4
Rick the Hamster x4
Shadow the Hedgehog x4
Mii Fighters x 4
KOS-MOS x4
King Boo x4
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/ King of Fighters) x3
Mario RPG representation (Including Paper Mario and M&L) x3
Poochy (Yoshi series) x3
Veteran: Corrin x 3
Porky Minch x3
Veteran: Wii Fit Trainer x3
Specter Knight x3
Saki x3
Weavile x3
[Rerate] Isaac (Golden Sun) x2
Vaati x2
Nightmare (SoulCalibur) x2
Joker (Persona 5) x2
Concept: The Sims character x2
Toadette x2
Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) x2
Concept: Snipperclips representation x2
Jeanne (Bayonetta) x2
Garon x1
Rosalina & Luma x1
Bowser Jr. x1
Knuckles the Echidna x1
New Mii Fighter types (concept) x 1
Harry (Teleroboxer) x 1
Sheik x1
Undertale Representation x1
Revali x1
Daruk x1
Urbosa x1
Jack (Harvest Moon) x1
Sol Badguy x1
Kyo Kusanagi x1
Ryoma (FE Fates) x1
Falco x1
Vivian (Paper Mario) x1
Mallow (SMRPG) x1
Concept: Playable Master/Crazy Hand x1
Blastoise x1
Alph x1
Marshal (Rhythm Heaven) x1
Tapu Koko x1
Hyper Light Drifter x1
Dark Falz x1
Silvally x1
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time) x1
Slime (Dragon Quest) x1
Captain Syrup x1
Concept: Tetris Stage or Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Ms.Pac Man alt costume for Pac Man x1
Concept: Entire roster revealed at E3 x1
Stage: Sheikah Shrine x1 (NEW)
Stage: Ultra Space x1 (NEW)
Stage: Miitopia Stage x1 (NEW)
Stage: Happy Home Designer x1 (NEW)

Changes:

New additions: buncha stages
Marth and Roy speaking English is now in the 99-76 tier. Damn weebs, amirite?
Thanks to Llort, Thwomp is now over 50 noms. Represent that blue handsome creature.
Sakura, Dr. Mario, Pokemon Trainer (Gen 2), and Concept: Masked Dedede FS are no longer in the lowest tier, breaking 15 noms.

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
New Story Mode

not particularly likely due to Sakurai still probably being butthurt about the SSE leaking onto YouTube. But hey, maybe he's changed his mind.

It would be great, and I loved the SSE.

Nominations: Fawful x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
New Story Mode:

Chance:
20% - I think the amount of work it took makes it unlikely to happen again, that and Sakurai seemed very displeased with how fans handled it by leaking it online. Sakurai does sometimes come around on rather poor arguments like the one he laid down in regards to the lack of a story mode in Smash 4, and his passion for it during Brawl development was very real, so who knows.

Want: 50% - I think SSE had a lot of flaws and generally wasn't all that enjoyable to play through, the cutscenes were a lot of fun, but as always the most important thing is gameplay. I will not deny that it has an unreal amount of potential though, if they can fix some of the poor things about SSE (most notably the lackluster level design) then it could be a fantastic experience, but it would be a monumental task, especially as the roster will in all likelihood have almost doubled since Brawl. A part of me just wants them to play it safe and focus first and foremost on making this a great fighting game, but I wouldn't be against it either.

Nominations:
Mewtwo x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But what if they added story mode as DLC?
Wait, I'm jumping the gun, nvm.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Story Mode 2.0(?)

I don’t see it happening. Subspace was a MASSIVE undertaking, and with so many characters to balance and play around with, on top of all the other things that go into a new Smash game, I doubt that the Sakurai and the team will have time to do another full-fledged, cutscene-filled story mode.
I do think we might see a kind of Adventure Mode like Melee’s though.

Want: 10%
...Eh.
Subspace was fun at times, but I would rather Sakurai focus on new characters, balancing, and modes instead of devoting all his time and resources into another big story mode that I’ll play once, say “oh that was neat” and then forget about.

Noms:
Rick/Kine/Coo x5

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not feeling the mood for a rating today, so I will double abstain.

------

Predictions

Hades (Kid Icarus): 32.67%

If they'll add another Kid Icarus rep, he is one of the most likely candidates.

------

Nominations

Greninja (Pokemon): x5

Now that Leo has been saved from the nominations chopping block, I'll be back to rating Greninja.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
New Story Mode

Chance 25%: There was some real backlash for the lack of a single player mode as well as Smash Tour. SSE was a pretty popular mode as well. It might be more likely they will go with an Adventure Mode though. If Nintendo does add a Story Mode it should really help it overtake Super Smash Bros 4.

Want 100%: I loved the Story Mode in Brawl! Nothing quite made Smash Bros come alive like seeing my favorite Nintendo characters actually interact with each other!

Side Note: I don't believe Nintendo's excuse as to why Story Mode wasn't added in Smash 4. Youtube spoilers? Really? No way that is the real reason. If that were the case Nintendo would stop making games with cutscenes or story in general.

I remember around that time Nintendo was shutting down any Youtube video under copyright or something if that Youtuber didn't join their program where Nintendo gets part of the Youtuber's revenue if the video had Nintendo centered content. I can't say for certain that was the reason. It was so long ago.

Nomination:
Pokemon Trainer (Second Generation)

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
The first trailer made this Smash seem way more serious than the last one was, so I can see a story mode being a definite possibility
Chance - 45%

Subspace was incredible. There were a lot of things wrong with it, but those cutscenes were amazing.
Want - 100%

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
New Story
Chance: 65%
Not in the same vein as Subspace, but an adventure mode of sorts with a barebones plot is certainly possible. This will only be one version rather than two, so development time should allow it to happen.

Only reason the chance is near the middle is due to the fact Sakurai scrapped the idea for a somewhat petty reason to begin with, so it may not return.

Want: 75%
Yeah, it would be cool. However, I want actual Nintendo worlds to explore in, not some stock generic worlds or enemies throughout.

Hades prediction: 21.7%

Noms: Blaaaaaack Shadow x5

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
New Story Mode

Chance - 17.5% - While it is something Sakurai may consider, I'm not certain if he will go through with it. Subspace was a huge undertaking and making it bigger due to all the new characters seems like a huge time sink and a recipe for disaster. It sounds like he would like to do it, but there's a good chance that he simply views it as too much trouble.

Want - 50% - I'm interested, but the time sink may be too much.

Predictions

Hades - 23.13% - Ooh... are we going to see him again?

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
New Story Mode

Chance: 5%
The Subspace Emissary was a massive undertaking for Sakurai and his team back in Brawl, since it was equated to developing an entire other game. Due to the fact that Brawl had a development cycle of approximately three years, and SSB5's is probably about two years, I highly doubt that the team had enough time to make an entirely new story mode to go alongside a roster that will likely be almost double that of Brawl's and a game that is far more expansive as well. Also, Sakurai likely will not see the point of creating a fully fledged story mode due to the fact that he disliked how the Subspace Emissary's scenes were leaked online. However, I can see there being a chance for an Adventure Mode of some kind being created for Smash 5 due to the demand for it and it taking much less time than one of the scale of SSE.

I loved the concept of the Super Smash Bros. characters interacting in ways that are otherwise impossible. I would love to see how all of the newcomers and previously cut veterans would interact with each other in a story mode like this.

Predictions:
Hades: 22.47%

Nominations:
Steve (Minecraft) x4
Spyro x1

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
New story mode
Chance: 30% - It would definitely be a lot harder to pull off with SSB5 likely having a lot more characters than Brawl. I still think there’s a decent chance of this happening but Sakurai will likely have to cut back on cutscenes.
Want: 100% - Subspace Emmissary was my favorite mode in Brawl. I’d love to see a new story mode breath life into these characters.

Hades prediction: 13%

D

Deleted member

Story Mode

We could get a smaller one, but with so many characters I doubt it. We'll probably get something like Smash Run that capitalizes on the Switch's portability instead, as it's less time consuming.

Subspace was amazing.

Hades Prediction: 12.4%

Nominating Isabelle x5

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Quick question. Does "new story mode" mean a new Subspace Emissary, or a new Adventure Mode, period (like either a new Subspace Emissary OR a new Adventure Mode like the one in Melee)?

Edit: I'm just going to assume we're talking about a new Subspace Emissary

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Story Mode

Chance 20%
Want 100%

Maybe not as expansive as SSE but something simpler could totally happen and I would welcome it. I wouldn’t expect lots of cutscenes though especially with a large roster but some story slideshows maybe.

Barbara x2
Kamek x2
Cranky x1

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
New story
Chance 15%
With so many characters and the game releasing this year, it seems doubtful.
Want 95%
Yes please

Nominate
I want to get Lara to 50 so she can x3
Parabo and Satebo x2

Prediction 8% for Hades

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Story Mode

I think if we do get a new story mode it won't be as much of an undertaking as SSE. However, with the titanic amount of characters we're at, incorporating them all into a story mode would be a massive undertaking regardless. I think they'll just settle with a more Melee adventure mode type of thing as opposed to a story mode, if there is a new single player mode that is.

Want: 80%

As long as the level design doesn't just give out halfway through I'm all for it.

Hades prediction: 7% chance / 31% want

Nomination:
Concept: Core Crystal Item (Xenoblade 2) x5

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
It's also because of this kind of unhealthy mentality the Smash Bros. fandom is not that well regarded you know?
Sorry I don't automatically like everything that was revealed and unanimously praise all decisions.

New Story Mode

Chance 2%: Sakurai has showed heavy disappointment about the SSE cutscenes being online for whatever reason, and even a good writer would struggle to make a story mode with 70 characters or so, especially one with so many characters who have no character.

Want 0%: SSE was a failure story wise and I don't want it again. It eats up tons of development time, I would much rather have more characters/stages/refined online/gameplay balancing. I would like a story mode, but I don't trust him to make one after SSE so I don't want it.

Nominate Blue Bowser x5

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
New Story

Chance: 2%
1.5 years is really not enough for a full on story and i don't see Mr Sakurai half baking it. Even then he said he would not do a story mode for smash again because of the whole cut-scene thing. The way its being presented now its going to be difficult.

it was fun playing the story mode. I would love to see it again with some perfect set pieces like that one scene with halberd Raid on the big emissary battle ship. It was great fan service.

Nomination: Django x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Story Mode

Chance: 1%

Sakurai's inability tograsp the concept of the internet being a massive sharing platform lead to disappointment during Brawl(seriously what did he expect?) so he's unlikely to bother with this again.

Want: 1%
It's time that could be spent better elsewhere most notably the roster, stages or items. Adventure Mode is frankly more than I need for a 'story mode' the SSE(which I'm assuming is what we're ranking rather than an Adventure Mode) was pretty but the narrative was clunky and often made you have to play as characters you didn't enjoy playing for long periods of time turning some of the levels into an absolute chore. The roster is now so much larger, more characters are going to not be doing anything in said massive storymode.

The bosses were nice which is the only reason I'll give this 1%, but frankly Smash Run, Adventure Mode and Events cover anything SSE did for me, but better and at a fraction of the dev time.

Hades prediction: 22%

Nomination:

Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner X 5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
New Story Mode

Chance: 9.5%

- Kinda hard to say at this point. The last “real” story mode was Brawl’s Subspace Emissary and that left a lot to be desired. Having that content “spoiled” really angered Sakurai back then.

- Sure. I’d love to see an actual story mode this time. Something more...simple like Melee’s Adventure Mode would be ideal.

Prediction

Hades: 9%

Nominations

Katrielle Layton (Professor Layton) x4
Black Shadow x1

Last edited:
Top Bottom