• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Lloyd Irving:

Likelihood: 60% Undeniably one of the most in-demand characters, and I would be happy to see his fans get their guy in Smash after so long. Also, the fact that Namco has yet to have a second fighter after so long is starting to look suspect. However, as others have remarked, the chances for Namco characters across the board have fallen with choices from SEGA, Capcom, Microsoft, Square, SNK, and Nintendo still highly requested for FP2. I could easily see Namco bowing out from the character choice process to give the more prominent fan requests a bigger chance, despite them being one of the developers. There's really not much else I can say on Lloyd, since I don't have a dog in this fight. I think the biggest thing he has going for him is that the Namco Mii costumes from Smash 4 still have yet to make a reappearance, and as we've seen in the base roster, Mii costumes being upgraded into playable characters is absolutely on the table. In regard to relevancy, he's highly-requested in both Japan and the west, so I'd say he's probably the safest, most logical bet if Namco is indeed going to get a fighter.

Want: 10% I can't say I'm a fan of Lloyd. I've never played a Tales game and have no personal attachment to the character, and the reasons I'm opposed to him aren't necessarily due to disliking the character. He just happens to be from one of the few Namco series I have yet to play, and I'd be much happier seeing someone from Soul Calibur, Tekken, or Xenosaga (shocking, I know). Not to say that I'd be unhappy to see Lloyd in the game, he's just nowhere even close to the top of my personal wishlist. Plus, I feel like the Smash fans who aren't familiar with him would quickly deride him as another "anime sword boye", which is the last thing this fanbase needs after the Byleth fiasco. If only there was a different Namco RPG character who they could go with...

KOS-MOS:

Likelihood: 25% As previously stated, she's far from the most highly-requested Namco character. Lloyd, Heihachi, and Nightmare (to name a few) pop up far more frequently on fan polls, and I fear KOS-MOS's moment of mainstream popularity may have passed with those leaks surrounding the Game Awards having been proven fake. Personally, I would argue that applies to many other characters in addition to KOS-MOS and that all leakers are full of it, but I digress. However, I think KOS-MOS is far from off the table, and could work as an interesting dark horse pick. It would be quite easy to throw the Namco Mii costumes back in along side KOS-MOS as a new fighter. I base my argument on a few factors, because like her or not, KOS-MOS ticks a lot of boxes in addition to being a second Namco rep. She's a dedicated female fighter, which has yet to be seen in the Ultimate DLC cycle, and we're long overdue for. She also fits in nicely as a rep from MonolithSoft, a company that is in dire need of representation aside from Shulk, especially considering how important they are to Nintendo's catalog. As Rex has seemingly been passed over due to recency (and not being from Fire Emblem), and Elma seems less likely unless a port or sequel for X is announced after XC: Definitive Edition launches, KOS-MOS would make a lot of sense. She's basically MonolithSoft's flagship character, too. Finally, she has a long history of crossovers with other properties inside and outside of Namco. She's appeared in Soul Calibur and Project X Zone games, so joining Smash would make sense. She still gets merch to this day, so Namco clearly hasn't forgotten the character. All that being said, Xenosaga is far from relevant. The series has been basically dead for over a decade, and the fan demand for her simply isn't there like it is for other picks. The recent denial of a Xenosaga remake's development certainly isn't helping her either. I'm not saying KOS-MOS is guaranteed for FP2, or even likely, but she's far from impossible like many people are saying she is.

Want: 75% Based on my icon, this should come as no surprise. I feel like I'm playing devil's advocate in this thread, but someone's gotta spread the good word for KOS-MOS. Am I biased? Yes. Am I going to be a million times happier to see her in Smash than I would be to see Lloyd? Also yes. She would be a perfect choice for Smash! She boasts a cool design, unique moveset potential, and likely a refreshing stage with incredible music to go with it. I'm an absolute diehard fan of MonolithSoft, Xenosaga included, so seeing KOS-MOS would be the highlight of the second Fighters Pass for me. I could gush about her for hours, but I'll spare you guys. If you've never played Xenosaga, I highly recommend you check out this video which outlines this brilliant series of overlooked RPGs. The legacy is there and KOS-MOS has absolutely earned her place in Smash. Why isn't she 100% for me? Well, as much as I love Xenosaga, I do indeed prefer Xenoblade, so seeing Rex or Elma would make me a bit happier, but at the end of the day, I just want more Xeno-series and MonolithSoft representation in Smash.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Lloyd:
Chance: 30%-He's a Namco frontrunner. After all, he's shown to be a very popular character in polls and the fact that his Mii Costume is absent shows that he may be coming to the game in this second pass, as I'm a firm believer that all the remaining third party costumes will come back. However, I honestly think he isn't too likely because of Heihachi; I'm gonna go a bit deeper into that when we rate that character, but right now I'll say: Heihachi's absence raises way more questions than Lloyd's.
Want: 50%-From a gameplay standpoint, he's very okay. Not the most outstanding, but not the most interesting as well. I'd rather have Heihachi or Nightmare as far as Namco characters go.

KOS-MOS:
Chance: 5%-Perhaps if we were still speculating about the fifth pass character, I would've given her a higher rating, but now I don't have those expectations for her, and with characters like Lloyd and Heihachi, she's got some real rough competition.
Want: 60%-As far as moveset goes, I like her more than Lloyd because of her guns, laser blades and deadly kicks; but that's not to say much. There's better Namco characters and as far as robots/androids go, I'd rather have someone like Mega Man Zero instead.

Predictions:
Dante: 47.82%
Phoenix Wright: 40.84%
These two characters compete with almost the same streght. It essentially boils down into a match of pedigree vs popularity among Nintendo fans (kind of like Lloyd vs Yuri), but I'm giving the edge to Dante because of his overall popularity as a video game character.

Nominations: Captain Commando x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 70%

Namco in general is the safest bet to have a character in Vol. 2. It's the only company on board with Smash no DLC content at all in Ultimate, none of the mii costumes are back yet, despite the three costumes fitting in one of the five previous mii waves.

Tales Of is the biggest JRPG series not in Smash and is unique among the other 3rd party RPGs in that it's an action RPG series which isn't represented by 3rd parties yet. It has an annual festival every June in Japan and has a big enough following outside of Japan to have it's own con(Aseliacon). While tales has major competition in Tekken, it's major problem is implementing the 3D gameplay as a mechanic. Tales however focuses on chaining artes from Base-> Mid> Arcane level artes which would be simpler to implement. And a common thread noticed on the current 3rd party characters is that they're niche in some way. So it defintely seems like Sakurai wants to promote lesser known series(which is supported by his history lessons in his DLC breakdown videos).

Lloyd is essentially the most notable character from Tales overall, at least for outside of Japan. Being a mii costume last game in the same wave as K. Rool and Chrom. And he's the only one who had a mii costume not represented in Ultimate in any shape or form so far. Heihachi and Gil are in Pac-Man's taunts. Which raises some eyebrows. While you have some who would call him a "generic anime swordsmen". He wouldn't be, as he would represent not just Symphonia, but the Tales Series overall(or Yuri, or Velvet for that matter). So he would be very unique if he incorparated the main gameplay of Tales and some unique mechanics from other games(like Destiny's and Grace's Chain capacity core, or Grace's A type arte tree into Lloyd's special moveset).

Another thing going for Tales is that It's also the 25th anniversary for Tales this year. And a major game, Tales of Arise is schedule to release this year and Namco said themselves that they want to promote the game to western audiences. What better way, then having a Tales character in Smash?

Want: 100%

He's my most wanted. Well a Tales rep in general is my most wanted. They're among my favorite game series and I would love to see the series get acknowledged.

KOS-MOS

Chance: 10%

She's a small fish in the vast ocean of 3rd party characters. The overall problem with her, is her obscurity. Especially when compared to the bigger Namco series like Tekken and Tales. And even Soul Calibur and Dark Souls. While you may bring up Banjo. Banjo had way more requests than her for YEARS and his games were seen as among the best and memorable of the N64. Xenosaga flopped hard and there's no plans for any remasters for it as it's not seen as profitable. The only I see her is Sakurai somehow being a hardcore Xenosaga fan.

Want: 0%. I never had any interest in Xenosaga compared to the other Xeno series. So I have attachment to her.

Dante Prediction: 52.33%
Phoenix Wright Prediction: 42.33%

Nominate Darksiders Rep x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Lloyd

Chance: 10%. First of all, the Lloyd costume is missing, which gives Lloyd a better chance of being in the game. However, he has competition from KOS-MOS, Heihachi and a Digimon Rep for the Namco slot, with Kloana being lesser competition, and even more competition from everyone else, but of course, it is not impossible for Lloyd to get in this game.

Want: 50%. While I prefer it if Kloana is the next Namco Rep, Lloyd would still be fun to play as, but that is just my opinion. But either way, Namco is overdue for a second rep, and any franchise could due, but Lloyd could be a good choice of a character.

KOS-MOS

Chance: 10%. There has been disagreements on if KOS-MOS is owned by Namco or Monolith Studios, but lets ignore that. KOS-MOS does have a chance of appearing, but of course, the main issue is the competition, which will not be as fierce, due to new free spaces to get in. But either way, KOS-MOS has a higher chance then some to appear, but it's not certain.

Want: 55%. She would be fun to play as however, and besides, we can get some soundtracks, not only from Xenosaga, but also from Xenogears and Xenoblade, which is a good thing. Either way, her inclusion would be a fun one and that is all I have to say about that.

Prediction: Dante: 10% and Pheonix: 10%

Noms: 3 for Boss: Ender Dragon and 2 for Earthworm Jim

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We are back in action!

Lloyd Irving

Chance: 68%

One of the frontrunners. He's got popularity and especially fan demand. The Tales of Series is quite popular in Japan and has a decent fanbase in the west. Lloyd can be a unique character with his dual wielding style (so there is no reason to write him off as another "generic anime swordsman". He is a Bandai Namco character, a company who is long overdue for another character (they work on the game for pete's sake). His main competition is Heihachi, albeit he is seemingly in a weird limbo with him being in Pac-Man's taunt. I would give him an even higher score, but with Byleth as DLC, that has once again reminded me that I can't be so sure about anyone. Plus with Bandai Namco not getting a second character for so long, it makes me doubt a bit if they are ever going to get another rep.

Want: 60%

I haven't played Tales Of, BUT I have seen gameplay and I've thought about him a lot throughout the months of speculation. I originally did not want him at all, but over time I've come to terms with him being very likely as DLC. He's not a character I would be super hyped about, but I would be happy for his fans and I'm very curious to see how his dual wielding style could translate to Smash.

Kos-Mos

Chance: 1%

I understand that Kos-Mos is Bandai Namco's crossover queen, but they also got Soul Calibur, which is still a popular and living franchise. Why did people think she is likely again? She is from a dead series and is competing with Tales Of, Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Digimon. Yeah no way would she get in.

https://www.destructoid.com/a-xenos...ame-to-be-due-to-profit-concerns-576366.phtml

There is also this article which spells bad news for Xenosaga. I know that Nintendo doesn't always make sense, but why would they go with a series whose owners don't even want the series to come back due to lack of confidence with sales? I'm not trying to bash on Xenosaga. I'm just being realistic when Bandai Namco has so many other successful franchises.

Want: 5%

Judging from the movesets I've seen online, Kos-Mos could be fun. However, I'm just not interested in her or her games. I would much rather have Agumon or a rep from any of the other aforementioned Bamco franchises.

Predictions:
Dante: 45%
Phoenix Wright: 41%

Noms: Crypto x5 (Is the original noms list still in play and we are just going to go back to it after the rerates?)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 50% - Lloyd has a lot going for him, and feels like a definite Sakurai pick. Tales is one of Namco's biggest franchises and one of the only major JRPG franchises left unrepresented, and Namco still has yet to see another rep. Furthermore, Sakurai is aware of the longtime fan demand for the character and has basically stated that he'd more than likely choose Lloyd as the Tales of rep. There's also the Scott Menville NDA thing, but that's a bit of a grey area since he's known for voicing a lot of characters.

Lloyd only has a couple of things to worry about. While his Mii costume is absent, it could easily return with another Namco character. Heihachi has shaped up to be his big rival speculation-wise, and inter company competition from both other Namco series (Tekken, Dark Souls, Katamari, Soul Calibur, Taiko, Digimon, etc) and from characters within his own franchise (Protwgonist of Arise since he'a the newest game, and Yuri Lowell for his massive popularity among Tales fans. The latter's game is also on the Switch while Symphonia isnt). The other problem is Namco being super conservative with their character additions. Four character addition cycles and we still have just Pac Man, so who knows.

Still, Sakurai wants to cater to the fans with this game, so Lloyd definitely has the edge here.

Want: 15% - This is such a tough call. I don't care much for JRPGs and have never really enjoyed the ones I've played. Still, my real concern is the above mentioned Namco's lack of character additions. This may be the last chance for characters like this to enter a Smash game, and if Lloyd's added, then my most wanted, The Prince of All Cosmos, won't be. And that would really upset me.

But Lloyd is also one of my best friend's most wanted characters, and I know how happy he'd be if Lloyd was added to the game. He's been waiting since the Brawl days!

KOS-MOS

Chance: 2% - I'm going to be completely honest, outside of Sakurai wanting to potentially shill MonolithSoft, KOS-MOS isn't likely at all. She's a character on life support, and only remains relevant through being continually thrown into random crossovers. She does have an appearance in Xenoblade 2 as a rare blade but she doesn't have an impact on the story at large and is mainly meant to be a cameo. If Nintendo wanted another Xeno character in Smash they'd likely choose one from Xenoblade, their own Xeno series.

The real nail in the coffin is a recent marketing survey done by Namco, which resulted in a Xenosaga remaster being considered unprofitable and thus won't be made. Xenosaga was never too popular in Japan itself either, and has had no fan demand until the VGA leak bandwagons.

People often try to counter using Banjo, but Banjo was a former first party character who was super well known and has years of fan demand. KOS-MOS is an obscure third party Playstation-exclusive character who is only known about via cameos.

Want: 0% - There are way better choices for a Namco rep, and if Xeno gets another character rep it needs to be Rex and Pyra, especially since the duo were screwed over by the recent Byleth situation. KOS-MOS is not the character I would want to see, especially since she'd deconfirm my most wanted character.

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
Dante - 45.62%
Phoenix Wright - 22.78%

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Lloyd
He’s got a pretty decent chance. I wouldn’t be surprised if he made it in, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t. He does seem like he could fit in Smash Bros a lot better than some of the other requests, but it also seems like he would stand out too much. On the other hand, it seems likely that we’d get a Namco rep at some time in Fighter’s Pass vol. 2, so it just seems like Lloyd Irving has a decent amount of stuff going for him.
Final Chance Rating : 61%
At the same time, I was never into any of the Tales of games. He would be cool, and I might even play him from time to time if I liked his moveset, but other than that, I could care less.
Final Want Rating : 25%

KOS-MOS
Not into Xenosaga that much, so don’t expect me to be some super genius here. People really expected her for a moment until they didn’t, and that’s about that. I never really expected her at all, and would’ve been disappointed had she made it in. She really doesn’t fit in with all the other characters and she would seem out of place in Smash Bros.
Final Chance Rating : 0.01%
Everything I’d need to say for my want rating I’ve already stated in my chance ratings.
Final Want Rating : 0%

Predictions
Dante : 35%
Phoenix : 42%
It seems way too obvious at this point. Everyone thinks it’s gonna be Dante, but I think Phoenix has a better shot. While Dante would bring an interesting moveset, Phoenix’s would be way more unique.

Noms : x5 for Portal 2 rep

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lloyd: 50%
Tales of is a series that's been out for awhile and has multiple entries across several platforms, however choosing a character for it to be in smash can be tricky since there's several protagonists. I think there could be a Tales character and it could be him, but there's nothing but a missing costume to back this up.

Want: 0% The fact that there's nothing about him that I find him appealing and his games don't interest me, this ain't it chief.

KOS-MOS: 5%
Since Namco has no interest in continuing or re-releasing the series and people barely played the games , there's no point in adding her into the game unless the devs specifically went and asked for her, which is unlikely.

Want: 70%
I actually like the series and played through it all, they're not perfect games but they are noteworthy. I like the cast and it's a Mecha Sci-fi game so that's sweet. KOS-MOS is a capable fighter with many weapons and possibilities and seeing that in Smash would be fun.

Predictions:
Dante: Happening, it's more of a matter of when, not if. the series shaped up 3D action games to what they are now. Getting a big push by capcom.
Crash: Really popular character with recent and classic games, has games on Nintendo too so I guess 80%
Master Chief: If they get another microsoft character, it's pretty much him. If that Halo rumor is true he'd be the "hype'' character 60%

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 40%

As one of the most popular characters in the series, Lloyd is a possible contender for Namco's second rep. However, Lloyd faces heavy competition, both from other Namco reps (such as Heihachi, Nightmare, or Agumon for instance) and from within his own series with the likes of Velvet Crowe and Yuri Lowell being alternative choices for a Tales rep. To top it all off, he was a Mii Fighter costume in Smash 4 and they could easily bring his costume back.

Want: 10%
I'm not really that interested in Lloyd. I much prefer other Namco Bandai characters.

KOS-MOS

Chance: 1%

KOS-MOS is super unlikely, for a lot of reasons. First, Namco Bandai themselves stated that Zenosaga isn't profitable enough to warrant a remaster. Second, she's only kept alive through crossovers that are nothing more than cameos. She's not getting in unless Sakurai specifically asks for her, which is unlikely.

Want: 0%
Although she is cool, I have no interest in her. There are more relevant characters who could do the same thing she does.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Lloyd

Chance: 55%
One of the most requested characters. Sakurai talked about Lloyd in Smash 4, and I remember someone saying something similar to 'If a Tales character gets in Smash, it's Lloyd.'

Want: 75%
Not as my top 2 picks, but he looks cool. Never played any Tales of series but I watched the whole walkthrough of it. Judging by that he would be a mobile, combo based sword user. Since we don't have many sword users that focus heavily on combos, this would be new. Also, he's a dual wielder. That's extra points.

Kos-Mos

Chance 3%
She is popular, but she has to compete with Lloyd, Heihachi, Nightmare, etc. It seems like thte Xenosaga remake got thrown out of the window, so that lowers her chances even more.

Want: N/A
I know absolutely nothing about her.

Dante: 55%
Phoenix: 40%
Noms: Hornet(Hollow Knight) x5

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
SSF2 man
Chance:99%: The only character I am MORE confident in is Geno. Mii Costume hasn't shown up, iconic, a second Namco rep... It makes way too much sense for it to not happen.
Want:100%: He's a lot of fun in SSF2. And Symphonia is a great game which would be awesome if it got representation in Smash.
abstain from KOS-MOS.
Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh, we're back? Well then

Villager's ride

Chance: 45%
Even though nothing's changed for Lloyd, in my mind Vol 1 hurt his perceived chances. Now we know that Sakurai and Bandai Namco were perfectly fine with them not getting another character, or even not getting their Mii Costumes back, so that kind of says to me that nobody's a sure bet. Plus, clearly the fan favorites haven't been a priority, but hey, maybe that changes.

On the other hand, Lloyd is still a big and splashy third party character from a big Japanese series - but not a huge one. All of this fits the MO of the last Fighter Pass. He's also from an RPG, and if the last two DLC seasons for Smash is that Sakurai does not care about variety and has a huge boner for the genre.

His only realistic competition is Heihachi, who's also more iconic, from a bigger series, and less of a fan favorite (again, those can be pros and cons - we've also gotten a fighting game character every DLC season, another genre Sakurai has admitted to loving and which is running out of candidates). Nobody else from Bamco is to the level of those two franchises (maybe Dark Souls, but that franchise's moveset potential sucks). And as for Tales competition, well, let me quote Sakurai: "Who else but Lloyd?"

Want: 90%
I'd love to see Lloyd, Symphonia is a classic and he'd bring a great moveset to the game.

Me laughing at this community for months

Double zeroes

Anyone who thinks KOS-MOS is, or was ever, likely, is a joke. A dead, failed, obscure franchise with no legacy, influence or impact to speak of getting a character in Smash? Just because she sometimes appears in crossovers? Need I remind you that people have to actually pay for DLC, and that licensing, and thus an exchange of money is required? This isn't Capcom putting Morrigan in Marvel vs. Capcom, where it costs them nothing. This literally requires Nintendo and Sakurai to choose and spend money on having KOS-MOS in the game. KOS-MOS. I'm sorry, but she has literally no reason to be in the game in a vacuum. When her competition includes series like Tekken, Tales, Katamari, Dark Souls, and Soul Calibur? Get outta here.

Dante prediction: an overrating, let's say 47%
Phoenix prediction: 39%

Noms: Kiryu x5

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Lloyd Irving

Chance: 85%
No costume from Smash 4, would only be the 2nd Namco rep, and the most popular character from one of the largest JRPG franchises of all time. I'd say he has a pretty good chance of making it.

Literally one of my most wanted 3rd Parties. Tales is one of the biggest JRPG franchises not yet in Smash and having it join the crossover with Persona, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Dragon Quest would be a dream come true.

KOS-MOS

Nothing definitively against her, and she fits all the criteria. She's a popular character who already crossovered with Chrom and Lucina (as well as Mecha-Fiora) as part of the "Nintendo" guest stars (she was the only Namco character to be paired with a Nintendo one, namely Fiora). I could definitely see her joining.

Again, she's one of the most popular Namco reps. I think she'd fit great in Smash.

Noms:
Terra Branford x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Freddy Fazbear x120
Kazuma Kiryu x115
The Blob (De Blob) x105
Crypto x105
Carmen Sandiego x105
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x100
Gex x85

100 - 51

Ryo Hazuki x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Sackboy x70
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Reporter & Wrestler x65
Chun-Li x65
Decidueye x62
Meowth x55
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Earthworm Jim x45
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x40
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x40
Ring Fit Adventurer x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Big Daddy (BioShock) x30
Boss: Ender Dragon x27
Urbosa x25

Under 25

Giygas x23
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x20
[Rerate] Paper Mario x20
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x20
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x15
Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x14
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
Terra Branford x8
Black Shadow x7
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Segata Sanshiro x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Took a lot of people from the schedule out of the list, and that did a number on the top seven, so I'll just mention that the new top seven consists of Freddy Fazbear, Kazuma Kiryu, The Blob, Crypto, Carmen Sandiego, Mii Costume: Hollow Knight, and Gex.

Boss: Ender Dragon flies out of the under 25 club.

Today's new concept is Mii Costume: Hat Kid, with 5 noms.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd
Chance: 60%
It makes a lot of sense for Lloyd to show up. Sakurai said that Lloyd is the only Tales Of rep that would be added. His Mii costume is still missing as well. Lloyd is requested and Tales Of is one of the biggest Bandai-Namco franchises

Want: 35%
I don't really want Lloyd too badly. I don't have any experience with him or Tales Of series games. I'm OK with him being in Smash because it makes sense for him to show up.

KOS-MOS

Chance: 0%
When it comes to KOS-MOS, it all boils down to 1 question. Why? Why pick KOS-MOS when her games didn't sell. Why pick KOS-MOS when her developer has stated that Xenosaga was a failure. Why pick KOS-MOS when you can pick Lloyd (same company) or Rex (Xenoblade being preceeded by Xenosaga), both of which are more highly requested and from more successful series. KOS-MOS doesn't make sense.

Want: 0%
As I stated above, KOS-MOS has no business getting in over Lloyd or Rex. I'd be mad if KOS-MOS got in over both of them, and the only reason she should get in over them is if both Lloyd and Rex got passed on in favor of those characters from their series (like Yuri and Elma or something like that)

Noms:
Octopath Rep x5

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Lloyd
Chance: 65%
Like others said, lack of Mii costume signals his return, but he has competition from other Namco character.

Want: 25%
I have never been into Tales series that much. But if it means end of "another sword user," I would welcome him.

KOS-MOS
Chance: 2%
Recent Namco's statement spelled doom for her. And I haven't heard anything from Sakurai about her.

Want: 5%
Besides her aesthetic and moveset, she doesn't offer me much.

Noms: Agumon

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Lloyd Irving

Chance - 37.5% - If there is going to be a Namco character, it's between him and Heihachi. The big question is if there is going to be Namco character in the first place. I don't think a Namco character is guaranteed, but if there was one I think he has an edge over Heihachi. Sakurai has stated before that he thinks Lloyd has to be the character to represent the Tales Of franchise, so he doesn't have competition there, so it mainly comes down to Tekken. Tekken's the Juggernaut of the 3D fighters, but are more niche and Sakurai has expressed concerns on how to translate him into a 2D fighter like smash. Tales Of is a bit of a lesser franchise compared to Tekken (at least to my knowledge, I don't know much about RPGs), and we're a bit loaded on RPG characters already, but I feel has had support for a character for longer. While I won't give anyone over 50% at this point, Lloyd does come closer than many.

Want - 55% - I don't care for him at all. I would take him over Heihachi, though, so a few extra points for that.

KOS-MOS

Chance - 0% - I think the revelation that her series is considered profitable enough that they can't even get a remake speaks to how little Namco cares about her. I don't see why they would choose her, especially when Nintendo has the rights to the spiritual successor.

Want - 40% - Honestly, Rex deserves it at this point. I'd probably find her inclusion over Rex a bit insulting, though not too much. I don't really care otherwise, though.

Nominations

De Blob X5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Lloyd

Chance: 10%. First of all, the Lloyd costume is missing, which gives Lloyd a better chance of being in the game. However, he has competition from Kloana, Heihachi and a Digimon Rep for the Namco slot, and even more competition from everyone else, but of course, it is not impossible for Lloyd to get in this game.
Pardon me but I really have to question why you think Klonoa of all people is a threat to Lloyd's chances because if anything it's the complete opposite. I can understand Heihachi and maybe even Digimon being solid competition but not him.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Abstain on Lloyd, I have very little to say about Tales.

KOS-MOS

Chance: 1%. No Xenosaga spirits and we know Harada is willing to shill for her so she's got that going for her I guess. Speaking of which, I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention this, but we have Baten Kaitos spirits and even a music track in the game, why? For those who don't know, it's an IP owned by Namco and developed by monolith soft while they worked for them, so similar position to Xenosaga except it's even more niche, so what's up with that? At the very least I think we'll see a monolithsoft themed spirit board event that will include her at some point.

Want: 50%. It's a robot with a huge arsenal. She's a mecha, futuristic, and a religious figure all at once which makes her a good rep for her series. I like monolith's games so I'd be happy with whatever.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That's a large schedule out of no where, I hope we get through it quickly.

Lloyd
Chance 15%
I'd put him above KosMos, he's popular character from an ongoing series. But (and this will apply to Kosmos as well) Namco doesn't really seem to care about putting their characters in the game. We're in overtime here and the Namco content is still rather minimal. It's pretty much just Pac-Man
Want 4%
He's please others I know, but I have no connection to him myself. He looks kinda cool?

Kosmos
Chance 10%
She's pretty obscure, but it seems they still like to use her when they can such as crossovers and Xenoblade 2. However as stated above, I question how interest there is in a second Namco character among the team.
Want 1%
I'd rather get an actual second Xenoblade character. But if she gives us more Xenoblade music, then awesome. But I doubt that would happen.

Nominate Carmen Sandiego x5 (glad I didn't nominate Skull Kid like I originally planned)

Prediction
Dante 51% I expect it to very high
Phoenix 29%

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Oh, we're back? Well then

Me laughing at this community for months

Double zeroes

Anyone who thinks KOS-MOS is, or was ever, likely, is a joke. A dead, failed, obscure franchise with no legacy, influence or impact to speak of getting a character in Smash? Just because she sometimes appears in crossovers? Need I remind you that people have to actually pay for DLC, and that licensing, and thus an exchange of money is required? This isn't Capcom putting Morrigan in Marvel vs. Capcom, where it costs them nothing. This literally requires Nintendo and Sakurai to choose and spend money on having KOS-MOS in the game. KOS-MOS. I'm sorry, but she has literally no reason to be in the game in a vacuum. When her competition includes series like Tekken, Tales, Katamari, Dark Souls, and Soul Calibur? Get outta here.
I'm not saying KOS-MOS will be in but I would never EVER EVER remain this confident about a character never getting in unless it is Goku. One day this is going to blow back in your face incredibly hard. We'll see how this plays out but your post reeks of knowing nothing about KOS-MOS and these are the kinds of posts that piss me off the most. You say Namco does not care about her but Harada has recently been trying to push her. In Famitsu (in fact the latest issue) he even said he worked hard to push her and that plan is going on hiatus "for now"

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/27622 It's in Japanese

And calling everyone who thinks she could be in a joke? Get off your damn high horse. Some of YOUR most speculated newcomers that you want haven't even made it and YOU of all people SHOULD know that Sakurai does not care. I guess all of your most wanted are now jokes. Sucks to say but that's literally the logic you are using here. I mean, he added Byleth for gods's sake. People thought a 1st party for cp 5 was possible but it was not in TOP SPECULATION one bit. Vergeben's list of disconfirmations pretty much made sure that the fanbase such as you and me would pay attention to him and that's why speculation went in crazy directions. Let's break down your other deluded argument. Okay so you must poorly researched on KOS-MOS and it shows. By having Namco own her it pretty much means Takahashi and his team get to use her for free anywhere they please. He has such a great relationship with Namco and THAT'S WHY KOS-MOS appears in tons of crossovers. But according to you, all that matters is sales and whether someone is in smash. Smash= recognizable to you. That's funny because some of the most recognizable characters in gaming haven't been speculated once while KOS-MOS was top spot in speculation and according to you she's not recognizable and is a joke. Yeah yeah the leaks were fake. Who cares? That's not even the point. The point is KOS-MOS rose to smash popularity because of this fake leak cycle and many other options like doomguy, master chief, etc were speculated based on nothing but PR statements from their respective companies which literally meant nothing in the end. Look at Doomguy... people wanted him maybe even yourself and now he got disconfirmed. People thought Dante was coming because of Matt Walker statements. It is time you realize that the arguments you and others use on here aren't applicable. This is why I never remain 100% confident that a character cannot get in unless it is goku. Sakurai has shown us that he can pick whatever the **** he wants. Nintendo doesn't do all the picking as you probably already know. Most level headed people have come to terms with KOS-MOS having actual chances in smash but still facing competition. She's not automatically dead because you say so and literally none of those franchises sales numbers matter here. Terry was picked and street fighter is a titan in sales compared to Fatal Fury and King of fighters. Literally NOBODY even expected Terry was happening. Nobody expected Byleth to happen in a full third party pass.

And you say she has no legacy? Are you mad or what? KOS-MOS has a legacy. She is monolith soft's MASCOT and Namco's most popular female. KOS-MOS's legacy has been engraved into every single Xeno game. This actually started with Elly/Myyah in Xenogears but then KOS-MOS took over. KOS-MOS travels as a motif in Xenoblade within Fiora, Elma, Pyra, Mythra, etc. She's even present in a great selling nintendo game Xenoblade 2. Do you not know the original designers REDESIGNED her and Monolith MARKETED her? She's most of the reason why Xenoblade 2 sold great you know? In Japan she even attained the highest popularity rating on twitter compared to every single other blade and even Rex/Pyra/Mythra. You're so wrong if you think there's nothing going for KOS-MOS. And since sales is such a huge part of your argument then maybe you can tell me why Xenoblade 1 bombed? Xenosaga Episode 1 OUTSOLD it. Xenosaga episode 1 sold over 1 million. But oh noes because Shulk is in smash this doesn't matter right? What if KOS-MOS's game bombed and she got in smash like Shulk. Would you still call her a joke? PROBABLY NOT.

and that's it. I'll leave this here

but namco and Monolith soft dont care for her right?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Lloyd

Chance: 40%
I think Lloyd is one of those characters that seemed like a frontrunner back in FP1 but is no longer seen that way in FP2 because strong competition has arrived his way. First of all, pretty much every company is now back on the table, and it seems Nintendo and Sakurai are not that interested in getting another Bandai Namco fighter in terms of priority. Regardless, if we're gonna get a Bandai Namco rep, Lloyd has a good chance, not as strong as it used to be because the juggernaut known as Heihachi is back on the table. Between these two characters, only one was considered for a playable state by Sakurai before.

Want: 30%
Not that keen on Lloyd, I've seen his moveset in SSF2 and it doesn't interest me. My only interaction with the Tales series is me playing Berseria for an hour or so. He's not exactly someone I'm excited for.

KOS-MOS

Chance: 5%
Harada's revelation that Bandai Namco doesn't see Xenosaga as profitable enough to revive deals a deadly blow to her chances. Yeah she has appeared in many crossovers, but they were all mostly games that Monolith Software worked on. If Monolith Software were the ones developing Smash then I can see the argument for why KOS-MOS would be a strong pick, but because that's not the case I don't see how KOS-MOS could beat Heihachi or Lloyd.

Want: 40%
I'm okay with seeing her playable. She's a robot with a wide arsenal of weaponry that could lend itself to a fun moveset. My only gripe is that I prefer Heihachi as the next Bandai Namco character and I prefer Rex over her if we're talking purely about games developed by Monolith Software.

Prediction:
Phoenix Wright 27.3%
Dante 48.7%

Nomination: Kratos x5

I.D.

Smash Lord
I want to mention another thing. Even though I'm extremely pessimistic about Kosmos' chances, I find it funny that people always say "Namco wouldn't pick her". Probably, but who cares what Namco thinks? If we have learned anything from the past 5 years is that Namco has absolutely no negotiating power in this relationship whatsoever, Nintendo and Sakurai are in full control of what content gets in the game.
They couldn't even get the version of Pacman they wanted :laugh:

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Will probably rate in a few minutes, but I wanted to adress one post first.

She is monolith soft's MASCOT and Namco's most popular female.
Monolith's, not Namco's. Most popular female protagonist, not most popular character. Big differences between the two.

She's most of the reason why Xenoblade 2 sold great you know?
...Source?

But oh noes because Shulk is in smash this doesn't matter right?
Again, big difference, since Xenoblade is developed by Monolith for Nintendo themselves, unlike Xenosaga. So Xenoblade is basically a second party series, Xenosaga is not.

Grief could have certainly worded it better, but your post just reeks of bias.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Pardon me but I really have to question why you think Kloana of all people is a threat to Lloyd's chances because if anything it's the complete opposite. I can understand Heihachi and maybe even Digimon being solid competition but not him.
There is a simple explanation. Kloana would be an underrated choice to select, plus we seen stranger choices in smash before. I could change mine however.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Lloyd
Chance: 50%
Nothing really changed for Lloyd after season one. He's still one of the frontrunners from Namco, because of his series and his Nintendo connections... but tht's about it. I personally think he could still suffer an upset from Yuri, who is more popular among the Tales fandom, or Heihachi, whose series is bigger than his. Otherwise, no big surprises here.

Want: 50%
Eh, I'd be okay with him. Not particularly rooting for Tales in general, but Lloyd has enough that I could consider him an interesting character. Plus I get that he'd be nostalgic for a lot of people, so... yeah.

KOS-MOS
Chance: 5%
KOS-MOS, on the other hand, had everything to lose by not being in season one. She's not as relevant as other Namco characters and has a very niche-based demand, making her and Xenosaga basically Namco's equivalent of Morrigan/Darkstalkers. Plus, her series was currently deemed by Namco as "not profitable enough" to make a remake for, even though Harada was pushing it, so that's another hit against her. In terms of legacy, the closest thing she has to one is being Monolith's mascot and they like to put her in crossovers... which honestly doesn't say that much.

The only way I see her happening is if Sakurai is a massive Xenosaga fan.

Want: Abstain
Could be an interesting character, but I'm still not convinced she could bring interesting content with her. Last time I asked her supporters what new mechanics she could bring, they gave me very vague answers and waved me off. That said... Sakurai can make a lot of concepts into interesting characters so I can give that matter the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, I don't feel comfortable giving a concrete score here.

Predictions
Phoenix Wright: 22.3%
Dante: 58.6%

Nominations
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x 5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
She's most of the reason why Xenoblade 2 sold great you know?
She was revealed literally one day before the game released and isn't even a part of the main story. She's a completely optional blade summon and is so rare to get (about a 0.1% chance to obtain during a summon) that most players probably won't even see her in the game unless they are trying extra hard to 100% it.

I won't argue your other points but to say that Xenoblade 2's high sale numbers are because of KOS-MOS (especially without an actual source on the matter) is just downright silly.

EDIT: Ok scratch that part about me not ripping your other points because I just had to bring this up:

Yeah yeah the leaks were fake. Who cares? That's not even the point. The point is KOS-MOS rose to smash popularity because of this fake leak cycle and many other options like doomguy, master chief, etc were speculated based on nothing but PR statements from their respective companies which literally meant nothing in the end.
"The point is KOS-MOS rose to smash popularity because of leaks which I just said were completely bogus, while other characters had nothing going for them aside from actual statements from their respective companies."

And if you seriously think the only thing characters like Master Chief and Doomguy have going for them are PR statements then oh boy I've got a lot to tell you.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Lloyd
Chance: 60%
Want: 20%

Kos Mos
Chance: 30
Want: 10%

I didn't play much of Xenosaga but considering that Xenoblade was designed in response to criticisms of saga (a la Skyward Sword to BOTW), I might not be missing much. And after it was revealed that Xenosaga HD was denied, I doubt we'll see Kos mos.

I also played Symphonia and did not like it. But Lloyd's chances are fairer.

At the end of the day. Both are Namco RPG characters and in all honesty there are better options for Namco RPG characters, see Digimon, and better Namco reps in general, see Tekken.

Nominations: Jin Kazama x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm not saying KOS-MOS will be in but I would never EVER EVER remain this confident about a character never getting in unless it is Goku. One day this is going to blow back in your face incredibly hard. We'll see how this plays out but your post reeks of knowing nothing about KOS-MOS and these are the kinds of posts that piss me off the most. You say Namco does not care about her but Harada has recently been trying to push her. In Famitsu (in fact the latest issue) he even said he worked hard to push her and that plan is going on hiatus "for now"

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/27622 It's in Japanese

And calling everyone who thinks she could be in a joke? Get off your damn high horse. Some of YOUR most speculated newcomers that you want haven't even made it and YOU of all people SHOULD know that Sakurai does not care. I guess all of your most wanted are now jokes. Sucks to say but that's literally the logic you are using here. I mean, he added Byleth for gods's sake. People thought a 1st party for cp 5 was possible but it was not in TOP SPECULATION one bit. Vergeben's list of disconfirmations pretty much made sure that the fanbase such as you and me would pay attention to him and that's why speculation went in crazy directions. Let's break down your other deluded argument. Okay so you must poorly researched on KOS-MOS and it shows. By having Namco own her it pretty much means Takahashi and his team get to use her for free anywhere they please. He has such a great relationship with Namco and THAT'S WHY KOS-MOS appears in tons of crossovers. But according to you, all that matters is sales and whether someone is in smash. Smash= recognizable to you. That's funny because some of the most recognizable characters in gaming haven't been speculated once while KOS-MOS was top spot in speculation and according to you she's not recognizable and is a joke. Yeah yeah the leaks were fake. Who cares? That's not even the point. The point is KOS-MOS rose to smash popularity because of this fake leak cycle and many other options like doomguy, master chief, etc were speculated based on nothing but PR statements from their respective companies which literally meant nothing in the end. Look at Doomguy... people wanted him maybe even yourself and now he got disconfirmed. People thought Dante was coming because of Matt Walker statements. It is time you realize that the arguments you and others use on here aren't applicable. This is why I never remain 100% confident that a character cannot get in unless it is goku. Sakurai has shown us that he can pick whatever the **** he wants. Nintendo doesn't do all the picking as you probably already know. Most level headed people have come to terms with KOS-MOS having actual chances in smash but still facing competition. She's not automatically dead because you say so and literally none of those franchises sales numbers matter here. Terry was picked and street fighter is a titan in sales compared to Fatal Fury and King of fighters. Literally NOBODY even expected Terry was happening. Nobody expected Byleth to happen in a full third party pass.

And you say she has no legacy? Are you mad or what? KOS-MOS has a legacy. She is monolith soft's MASCOT and Namco's most popular female. KOS-MOS's legacy has been engraved into every single Xeno game. This actually started with Elly/Myyah in Xenogears but then KOS-MOS took over. KOS-MOS travels as a motif in Xenoblade within Fiora, Elma, Pyra, Mythra, etc. She's even present in a great selling nintendo game Xenoblade 2. Do you not know the original designers REDESIGNED her and Monolith MARKETED her? She's most of the reason why Xenoblade 2 sold great you know? In Japan she even attained the highest popularity rating on twitter compared to every single other blade and even Rex/Pyra/Mythra. You're so wrong if you think there's nothing going for KOS-MOS. And since sales is such a huge part of your argument then maybe you can tell me why Xenoblade 1 bombed? Xenosaga Episode 1 OUTSOLD it. Xenosaga episode 1 sold over 1 million. But oh noes because Shulk is in smash this doesn't matter right? What if KOS-MOS's game bombed and she got in smash like Shulk. Would you still call her a joke? PROBABLY NOT.

and that's it. I'll leave this here

but namco and Monolith soft dont care for her right?
Oh, boy, struck a nerve there didn't I?

I wanted to leave this alone, but honestly the longer I read the more this felt like an attack on my person so **** it let's take it down

"You say Namco doesn't care about her but Harada..."

I never said that lol. Also as far as I know Harada isn't Namco.

"KOS-MOS is recognizable because she was in tons of crossovers"

That's just not how it works. If those crossovers were big stuff like Smash, sure, maybe. But you don't get famous by showing up in niche games like Project X Zone and Super Robot Wars. Sales does not always equal fame, but they are usually a pretty good bar for measuring it, especially for games released in the early days of the internet. If Xenosaga had gotten this late-game critical evaluation (which I'd say it deserves) then maybe you could say that KOS-MOS is recognizable. As it stands? You gonna have to prove it.

"KOS-MOS is recognizable because she was top dog in discussion when big recognizable characters were never"

First off, that just proves that you don't have to be recognizable to be big in discussion. Second, the Smash fanbase is tiny and not representative of the larger audience. Not to mention KOS-MOS was discussed just because of a succession of fake leaks piggybacking off each other, and the Smash speculation scene has never shown much criteria to back off from discussing those.

"Other characters like Doomguy and Master Chief were only speculated because of PR statements"

And being legendary and iconic best-selling franchises that changed the genre they belong to and gaming as a whole.

"Your arguments don't work because Doomguy and Dante didn't got in"

You can go back on this thread, I never thought either of those characters were likely. Like KOS-MOS, they're characters the Smash fanbase latched onto as extremely likely despite very little in their favor. I try to think for myself and not always follow the groupthink. Seems to me like you're just venting about your peeves about the Smash fandom, but you should be attacking my arguments, not a strawman.

"Terry was picked despite not measuring to Street Fighter's sales"

First off, Street Fighter got in first.

Second, KoF was still a successful and influential franchise, hardly an apt comparison to Xenosaga.

"Nobody thought Terry had a chance in hell of making it"

Let me refer you to when we rated the concept of an SNK rep. I don't throw around the term never-ever willy-nilly.

"KOS-MOS has a legacy: tons of characters created by the same dev follow similar design philosophies, and she sometimes shows up in crossovers"

That's not a legacy, that's life support. If KOS-MOS had influenced the designs of characters from other devs, then you'd have a point. As it is, all you have is that the studio that created her likes her, which, no ****.

"Comparisons between a new first party character and an old third party character"

Shulk is the protagonist of a game that was the center of a massive fan campaign. I'd say that's one of the reasons why you could say he was more recognizable, even before getting in Smash - Xenoblade was very much an in-the-moment game. Plus, again, first party. Not only are the standards of recognizability much lower for first parties than for third parties, but Nintendo had a vested interest in seeing Xenoblade grow. It didn't sell amazing, but it performed to expectations, was acclaimed by many as one of if not the best RPG of the generation, and had been the subject of that massive fan campaign. Nintendo felt, and were proven right, that Xenoblade had room to grow. Not only does Nintendo not care if Xenosaga comes back (hell, it might hurt them due to competition and brand confusion), but Bandai Namco themselves don't see profit. No company is financially interested in Xenosaga making a comeback.

"What if KOS-MOS got in Smash?"

I'd hope that, like Earthbound, that led to a critical re-evaluation of the series, and possibly for it to be even recognized as a masterpiece. Basically, for it to earn its spot, even if retroactively.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd Lrving
Chance:70%:in terms of Bandai Namco characters Lloyd is one of the more likely characters,he's has a pretty strong number of requests, his mii costume is no where to be seen and Sakurai did say if there was a tales characters he can pick it's Lloyd, the only thing that holds Lloyd back is competition with another Bandai Namco character Heihachi Mishima.

Want 40%:I haven't played the games but I wouldn't mind Lloyd since he does look fun by watching some of the videos of Tales of Symphonia.

Kos-Mos:
Chance 20%:while Kos-Mos can happen, She has too much competition with other Bandai Namco characters like Klonoa,Lloyd,Agumon, and Heihachi, making her unlikely.
Want:N/A.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Villager's Side Special, now as its own character and not a rocket!

Chance: 30%
I honestly feel that even now, a Bamco rep isn't that terribly likely. There could have been one in basegame, there could have been one in the first pass - so why now, of all times? Though on the other hand, I'll admit that the "main" Bamco costumes being still missing as well as the overall popularity of his game and series are some decent points in his favour.

Want: Abstain.
Not really familiar enough with the Tales of series to really give a score.

How's that 0.1% gache pull rate treating ya

Chance: 10%

Oh, how the commonly discussed have fallen. Well, we need to keep in mind that it's Sakurai and Nintendo picking the DLC characters, and not Bamco. Though that's not exactly a point in her favour, either. Sure, KOS-MOS has appeared in quite a number of crossovers - but how many of those did Monolith Soft themselves have a hand in? Not to mention that Xenosaga doesn't really have much of a future it seems, considering that we heard a while ago that an HD rerelease ain't happening because it wouldn't sell.

Want: 25%
Eh, I wouldn't mind her. She'd be all the "representation" for Xenoblade 2 we need, as far as I'm concerned.

Nominating Concept: Octopath Traveler character x5

Predicting:
Phoenix to get around: 26.77%
Dante to get around: 49.89%

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
KOS-MOS

Chance: 50%

With the fact Mii Costumes from previous games are not receiving promotions to playable status via DLC, Lloyd and Heihatchi have no chance of getting in this time. With the fact KOS-MOS would bring a new series, Xenosaga (yes because its different from Xenoblade) and is Namco's crossover queen they put into crossover things any chance they get, her chances are high. I think realistically the only actual competition she has is someone from a Dark Souls or Soulcaliber game which is why she's at a 50, though I believe her move-set would be one of the most unique ones we've seen... if it weren't for Byleth with the fact KOS-MOS can summon a multitude of different weapons such as gattling guns... though they would be more unqiue in the sense its more ranged than close-quarters. As Sakurai said, it does not matter how obscure a character is as seen with Terry, so its also my belief that people put her chances low simply because "they haven't played her game" are in the wrong there.

Look, she's a badass android chick that can summon weapons from thin air among other special abilities. I'm also a Xeno fan myself so there's bias there (Xeno is why Xenoblade, Xenosaga, Xenogears fans refer to as the games with 'Xeno' in them that come from the same creator though are owned by different companies while still being separate series) besides me just liking her character. Give me KOS-MOS and I'll be satisfied with Xeno representation until the next Smash Bros. game where we get Rex like we were wrongfully cucked this time around.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS
With the fact Mii Costumes from previous games are not receiving promotions to playable status, Lloyd and Heihachi have no chance of getting in this time.
That's not even confirmed, hell, K. Rool was a costume from the previous game and he was promoted...
So this point is just kinda invalid, there's no information saying that they aren't able to be promoted.
This is like the Spirits thing again, but worse. Why would being a mii costume THAT HASN'T RETURNED block you from being a playable character in the entry that doesn't even have that mii costume, especially when a mii costume from the previous game HAS been promoted.
If anything, the Mii Costumes of Lloyd and Heihachi not having returned makes them more likely like Geno.
Also off topic, but GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , would you be down to start nominating Dan Hibiki once the top 7 are solidified?

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
With the fact Mii Costumes from previous games are not receiving promotions to playable status via DLC, Lloyd and Heihachi have no chance of getting in this time.
That's not exactly a "fact", though. Especially when Heihachi's costume was deliberately excluded from Terry's lineup.

Even if it was indeed a fact, Dark Souls, SC and even Digimon would probably be too heavy of a competition for KOS-MOS to handle.

D

Deleted member

Lloyd Irving

Played Tales of Symphonia love Lloyd's character and really enjoyed the game. I think his chances are good at getting in if Bandai Namco gets another character I want it to be him!

KOS-MOS

Want: 50%

While I 'm not ckanorung for her to get in I wouldn't mind if she did.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
With the fact Mii Costumes from previous games are not receiving promotions to playable status via DLC
[citation needed]
That's not even confirmed, hell, K. Rool was a costume from the previous game and he was promoted...
So this point is just kinda invalid, there's no information saying that they aren't able to be promoted.
This is like the Spirits thing again, but worse. Why would being a mii costume THAT HASN'T RETURNED block you from being a playable character in the entry that doesn't even have that mii costume, especially when a mii costume from the previous game HAS been promoted.
If anything, the Mii Costumes of Lloyd and Heihachi not having returned makes them more likely like Geno.
Also off topic, but GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , would you be down to start nominating Dan Hibiki once the top 7 are solidified?
There's a bunch of characters I'd like to see nominated, and Dan's chances are basically none, but I wouldn't mind helping out once in a while, sure.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Yeah yeah the leaks were fake. Who cares? That's not even the point. The point is KOS-MOS rose to smash popularity because of this fake leak cycle and many other options like doomguy, master chief, etc were speculated based on nothing but PR statements from their respective companies which literally meant nothing in the end.

Ok hold up. You mean to tell me a characters chances go up due to fake leaks? BRB I got a crap ton of fake leaks to make. League of Legends will have a playable character soon!

Seriously though, Doom and Halo are massive franchises. "Just a PR statement" doesn't come close to giving 2 of the most important FPS franchises enough credit for how legendary they are.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ok hold up. You mean to tell me a characters chances go up due to fake leaks? BRB I got a crap ton of fake leaks to make. League of Legends will have a playable character soon!
GUYS LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND!

1579964797268.png

WE GOTTA RERATE KYO THIS INSTANT!!!

D

Deleted member

Lloyd Irvine

Chance: 18%

It's the 2nd Fighter Pass now, and with 6 spots in Smash, a Tales of character could end up being in Smash. However, I don't really see it being Lloyd but being either Velvet or Alphen, the new protagonist of Tales of Arise. Joker was the main protagonist of the newest Persona game, and Hero's main appearance is the Luminary from the latest Dragon Quest game. We could even mention Byleth being the main protagonist of the latest Fire Emblem game to believe Nintendo does want fresh new characters from the latest entry of certain franchises where a new protagonist is in each entry, and even if you think that's a stretch and that every pattern in Smash is meant to be broken, I don't really see it breaking with Tales of and Lloyd. He has his merits like the "who else but Lloyd?" comment, being a popular character among the Smash community, and not having his Mii Costume return to Smash yet, but if we were to get a Tales rep, I just don't see him being the character chosen for DLC with Velvet being from the latest released Tales game and Tales of Arise being the new and upcoming installment of the franchise. Keep in mind, Tales of Arise was announced in last year's E3 and is slated for a 2020 release unless plans change, so it's certainly possible that we could see the newest protagonist in Smash sometime in 2021.

Want: 15%

Yeah when I saw characters like Velvet Crowe and that new protag for Arise, Lloyd just doesn't even look as cool as those 2. Velvet looks like a pretty edgy girl with ripped clothing, an arm blade, and a bandaged arm that hides a demonic hand or something, and I like that. Alphen pretty much looks like an even cooler version of Dimitri but with white hair and a lava sword, so that's an A+ in my book. When I compare those 2 to Lloyd, they just outshine him by design. The 1 thing I could at least say about Lloyd is that I prefer how he looks compared to Yuri; I'm not really into Yuri's design. If he is going to be in Vol 2, I hope his trailer looks convincing enough for me to get a bit excited about him in Smash.
------------
KOS-MOSIS

Chance: 2%

From the looks of it, Xenosaga is more influencial to Monolith Soft than it is to anything Nintendo related. Harada mentioned that a Xenosaga HD Collection/Remake or whatever wasn't something Bandai-Namco would be interested in because they saw the series as a commercial failure, and even when Harada can be a great ****poster, I don't think he'd be messing around with us about that. Sure, she has an appearance in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a blade, but I find that to be more of Monolift Soft's loveletter to the longtime Xenosaga fans out there than anything else. It's not going to lead to another game in the franchise nor does it boosts her chances any higher for a possible Smash inclusion. The only chance she has is if Sakurai personally wanted her in Smash and his request got approved by Nitendo and Bandai-Namco, but there's no way to tell if he would.

Want: 15%

I've never actually heard of Xenosaga before until sometime last year, so a series I have no knowledge of would only interest me depending on how they look. Quite frankly, KOS-MOS is pretty meh to me. Her design is unique I'll give her that, but I can't really say she looks like a character I want to play as. If she were to be in Smash, it'd get the most lukewarm reaction from me since I have no interest in playing Xenosaga; why should I be interested in playing it when Bandai-Namco aren't interested in rereleasing the games at all? At least the Banjo-Kazooie games are available on Xbox One to give me the option to buy the games if I ever get an Xbox One myself. Her trailer would need something crazy to get me a bit excited about her being in Smash.
------------

Predictions:
Phoenix - 44%
Dante - 65%
------------
Noms:
Devolver Digital Rep x5

Top Bottom